Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > MoH: Allied Assault Sequel?
17. Re: P.S. Mar 3, 2003, 14:47 Wolfen

"Pretty sure that they said in an interview with HomeLan that the Xbox version will come first but that a PC version will come some months afterwards for sure."

It may have been decided since I left there that it will be a fact for release of PC. Like I said dont quote me on any of this. I am only speaking of my experiance while I was there. I still cant talk about certain things thats for sure.

Btw to whom said EA bought the rights, EA has been doing Medal of Honor games for a while. The IP was originally owned by Dream Works I believe, and they have done several MOH's for the console before the PC version was made. Wether EA ended up owning the IP before those is unknown to me, but I recall them owning it before they had 2015 do the pc version.

Hyadus, there were alot of techniques used in MOHAA that were pretty groundbreaking in the sense of design for level designers, and what programmers did for the engine compared to other companies. Personal experience of the game was fun myself. But thats just my opinion now hehe. You like some, you hate some.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: P.S. Mar 3, 2003, 11:06 Wolfen

I know what game 2015 is working on, I just left there a few months ago. Its not Medal of Honor, its Men of Valor, and to burst your bubble a little more remember that its xbox. There is only possibility of PC release later.

8. Re: P.S. Mar 3, 2003, 11:03 Wolfen

Yeah thats MOV, not MOH.

6. P.S. Mar 3, 2003, 10:47 Wolfen

No Spearhead was not done by 2015. That was done by EALA

5. I doubt it. Mar 3, 2003, 10:46 Wolfen

I seriously doubt 2015 is making another MOH. Considering when I worked out there, there were no talks at all of such a deal happening. Do not quote me on this either, but really Its a serious doubt that 2015 will do any more MOH's for EA.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Right Feb 27, 2003, 17:48 Wolfen

Farewell to another human being. Always a sad thing to see anyone die, bad or good.

ATI..... Skipped it.

Dope.... Title says it all.

Yay more mars missions. Hope we find something this time.

Hope we see some photos of pluto up close.

How in gods name does a artichoke "spark" and "explode" naturally? Explain that one Bill Nye

Sam fisher in lego.... not even close imo.

News Comments > New MS Flight Sim
3. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2003, 11:52 Wolfen

Tecvnically they learned from a flight instructer. MS Flight Simulator was only referrenced several times as being a tool other terrorists could use for such a horrible thing, and that it was only "possible" the monstrosaties that flew there planes into the WTC used MS flight simulator to practice the crash.

But, as I said, they did most of there training with a instructor in his office (which didnt use MS Flight sim) and I remember him specifically becuase he stated he thought it was strange that they never practiced landing the planes.

News Comments > Tech Bits
3. Re: The Mad Hatter Feb 11, 2003, 10:20 Wolfen

Hmmm, technically there are people who do, in a sense fall into a infinate loop with there minds. They usually end up in mental institutions though.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Contracts
20. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2003, 00:29 Wolfen

Indeed. I agree. Daoc worked into its stuff. Also I admit, it missed a few as well that it promised.

To be honest, the biggest problem I see... companies need to just stop talking about a game untill they go into beta. Or are just a few months away from it. Maybe announce hey were making this game, its this environment, but dont give out any feature details, dont start hyping it at all. To much hype leads to this kind of crap.

2. No doubt Feb 6, 2003, 10:07 Wolfen

I got those two. They used to kill my DAOC cuase it was like alt tabbing out. I know that basically your supposed to turn windows messaging to manual through some system tool in the control panel, I forgot where, but it was a pretty easy fix lol.

As for one of these links today, the Active camo looks fake. There is no real point of reference behind the person. Those cars would have been good to see half in and out of the body.

25. Re: man oh man... Feb 2, 2003, 02:09 Wolfen

========================================================
"maybe you should move to communist russia if you want restrictions on the sale of goods.... unbelievable "
========================================================

Errrmmm, did I miss something? I thought Russia was no longer a communist government.

News Comments > UO: Age of Shadows Gold
14. Re: d2 items Feb 1, 2003, 03:26 Wolfen

So, what your saying is spoiling it for yourself? You dont have to go look at that stuff, instead you can just play it, and experience it with your own instincts rather then going to the spoiler sites.

10. Re: To Red if he reads Jan 31, 2003, 18:03 Wolfen

Very good and thorough (sp?) answer. I just happen to work for an MMORPG company and was interested to see how you felt about it compared to my feelings, and I have to say I agree with you on a lot of terms, and hope to achieve alot of those on the mmorpg I will be working on. I work for Origin thats about all I can say ; )

I played a whole lot of DAoC, and loved it, and mainly it was the PVP, becuase when I was at a decent level (30+) the PvP was a whole heck of alot of fun. Also now that they added experiance points to killing other players in PvP was a bonus, but I thought the whole idea of Realm Points was original and very cool.

Your definatly right about the wait till one side goes to bed, then take back the outpost bit, but I have to say, it was fun to stand at the Gates and gaurd, and do patrols, and sometimes just go out and do random killings, or man a siege weapon and help take over a place. Or run up a hill 200 hibs, and go into a gigantic battle with ppl everywhere. Or (being the shaman I was) doting the living hell out of people, and healing and rezing.

UO was great for its many things to do. There were so many small littly dinky details that made it intriguing.

AC2 was kinda cool, though just like ac1, the lvling took WAY to long. DAoC didnt, till bout the 30's. And in AC series, around 10-15 it started to take a long long time using cheap tricks for power leveling.

4. To Red if he reads Jan 31, 2003, 13:04 Wolfen

What do you think would bring you back into interest of these games? Amazingly you state your bored of them, and by far UO had the most stuff to do in a mmorpg to date I believe. What kinds of things would you change to make them interesting? Im just curious ; )

News Comments > GeForce FX Articles
19. Good Jan 27, 2003, 14:35 Wolfen

Ill just wait for them to come out to so they drop the price on the GF4's haha.

News Comments > Men of Valor: Vietnam Announced
11. Spearhead Jan 23, 2003, 02:37 Wolfen

Spearhead was developed by EALA silly gooses, not 2015 ; )

2015 only did MOH Allied Assault for PC.

News Comments > Neocron Add-on Announced
9. I may have to disagree. Jan 22, 2003, 22:05 Wolfen

Im a pretty avid MMORPG'er. I have to say, Neocron just above Evercrack is probably one of the poorer games Ive played in this genre. I didnt enjoy it all. I think what bothered me most about it was how they didnt make socializing with others meld in with the rest of the gameplay as well as say DAOC did. It was a bit ruff, ppl are really strange on there, then again arent we all? haha

News Comments > Men of Valor: Vietnam Announced
6. Heh Jan 22, 2003, 22:01 Wolfen

I can assure you that 2015 was developing this game before they even knew Vietcong existed. I used to work there (resigned a month ago or so, moved onto Origin to pursue other interests).

Besides, I think MOV lookis hell of alot better then Vietcong.

; )

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo