Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Well now... May 30, 2003, 11:34 Wolfen

Now weve gone and done it. Weve become so shallow as humans, that now its just the way it is, the most handsome men on the world have the best sperm. Ever hear about that fear of, the whole world is going to turn beutifull but then just become completely stupid? (Sort of like my spelling)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MMO Patches
5. Re: No subject May 30, 2003, 11:22 Wolfen

I been playing it. I enjoy it. (When I have the time).

edit: Even online that is.
This comment was edited on May 30, 11:22.

News Comments > Carmack on Drivers
53. Re: Monster card? May 29, 2003, 13:42 Wolfen

I probably did and just forgot about it. =P

News Comments > MS Flight Sim Previews
16. Re: 3d cockpits? May 29, 2003, 13:38 Wolfen

====
Heh, you noticed too. Each version comes out 2 years after the previous with one years worth of graphic upgrades ... yet it still needs a biotch of a system. To be fair, they're trying to do a lot, with the entire world in there in some details and a lot of processor intensive stuff going. Also, they need to allow as low end systems as they can to run it as the average Flight Simmer isn't a serial upgrader like the average Quaker is.

But like nin says, perhaps we're spoilt by IL2. Forgotten Battles is the best flight sim in so many ways but ultimately it's goal is as different to FS as two realism based flight sims can be.
====

Point well taken.

News Comments > MS Flight Sim Previews
6. Re: 3d cockpits? May 28, 2003, 18:02 Wolfen

Man, not only that, upgrade the engine for once.

51. Re: No subject May 28, 2003, 17:32 Wolfen

RE:So Nvidia had a stumble? ATI has had more than its share. ATI was a complete joke with the performance crowd up until the Radeon 9700. Now all of a sudden Nvidia is dirt and ATI is great? People, I am not an Nvidia fanboy, but I can at least see clearly.

Heh. That may have been more compelling if you had said you were a Nvidia fan boy lol.

Regarding the rest of your statement, thats the same observation I have made. (Though the fan noise, I dont notice in my 5600, no louder then my amd and system fans anyways hehe) There is no doubt in my mind, that ATI has made a superior come back as of late, and Nvidia has been letting its quality standards drop a bit, but still not as low as to be utter crap. 5600's are super cheap right now (that probably says something about performance and the so called noise right? haha) and the ATI's cost more.

I still here nasty stories about even current ATI drivers, basically still not upto par with Nvidia, and id much rather own a card with a history of stable drivers and great quality cards then a card with still questionable driver support and a great quality card.

I think when it comes to deciding, its all about what you prefer. I know alot of Nvidia fans who have jumped over to ATI. To me that says alot. I say more power to ATI, bout time they start getting there share of the market, theyve suffored a long time in the lower ranks, and stuck it out.

News Comments > EVE Patches
11. Re: Why is this news?? May 27, 2003, 17:40 Wolfen

"That said, I beta tested this game for almost 4 months before it was released. For a game with such great potential, it was horribly bungled by the publisher forcing the developer to release it way before it should have been. The game still needs months worth of work before it will be truly ready for the public. Give it another few months and then go read through the forums and see how things are doing bug-wise and user complaint-wise. I was looking through the forums just a couple days ago and there were still many of the same problems we were seeing during the beta, ship-killing lag being a good example. For every fanboy out there shaking his pom-poms and saying how great the game is, there seems to be about a dozen people that think he's an idiot and that the game is still pretty screwed up.

As cortex said, the game is the most ambitious ever created. I don't deny that at all. In fact, that's the biggest problem. It's incredibly ambitious, and the publisher didn't give them time to finish it and work out the many many issues that are still causing major problems. Hopefully someday soon this game will live up to its potential, but it hasn't yet, and it's going to be at least a few more months before it starts getting close."

I find that a fair post myself. Personally I enjoy the game. Some people have no patience for bugs, and some do. Theres alot of little annoying bugs in EVE as well. Such as switching from fullscreen to windowed (and vice versa) can cause certain windows to be in accessible now, like the bookmarks. Thats a tad annoying, even though I could still access many of those things through star maps and so on.

The game has a lot of serious potential. All in all though its true, its got some bugs. And im sure most if not all will be resolved at some point.

2. Hrm? May 27, 2003, 17:31 Wolfen

Correct me if im wrong. Is he saying basically that Doom3 will have support for both to achieve optimal performance no matter what card you happen to be using? And also that the whole argument before has been pretty much pointless? haha

News Comments > Sunday Cinema
8. Cool May 26, 2003, 01:53 Wolfen

Xenus looks cool. Nice trick they are using there by making most all vegetation into a sprite of sorts in the distance then swapping to a 3d model when the player is with in a certain range of it. Good way to simulate mass poly count jungles hehe.

Vehicles looked fun to.

News Comments > Longest Journey 2 Q&A
5. Re: No subject May 25, 2003, 15:32 Wolfen

First one was great. Second one sounds interesting. Though Ill prolly wait on the reviews of it.

News Comments > Consolidation
7. Blizzard really making? May 24, 2003, 19:18 Wolfen

I thought the wonderfull team Nihilistic (makers of Vampire the masquerade) were actually developing this for Blizzard.

News Comments > More NVIDIA vs. Futuremark
36. Re: I'm just curious. May 24, 2003, 02:49 Wolfen

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

34. Re: No subject May 24, 2003, 02:31 Wolfen

"That is absolutly unnacceptable Spreading of outright lies. Now you are spreading major false as in completely MADE UP information. I work for ATi and this is complete Slander/Liable. You had better back the truck up on spreading crap like this.

Nvidias Problems completely lie within their own Design issues and nothing else. Both Companies Used TSMC for their Fab, and Nvidia has one HELL of a lot more money and Influence than WE do.
"

Hence the title subject "Just a rumor" and my statements of I have no idea if its true or not. I dont really consider it slander. I consider it stating something I heard. I never directly implied that it was true.

All I have to say to the whole deal is, ATI is catching up performance wise, but I still feel there drivers are lacking compared to Nvidias drivers.

"Edit: Please realize that becuase you work for ATI I am not holding any bias. This is based off of previous experiance with ATI and NVidia. For a long time I have used Nvida, and they have kept me quite satisfied for many years now with the quality of there products. Once they piss me off with a crappy video card or start taking ages for drivers that show no performance increase specified to improve my particular card, ill prolly switch to the next best thing at that time, what ever it may be."
This comment was edited on May 24, 02:47.

18. Just a rumor. May 23, 2003, 20:31 Wolfen

I heard a rumor from a co-worker that apparantly nvidia and ati used to have the same chip makers some part of there cards. What apparantly happened during the fx series is that ATI paid off the factory to screw up nvidias performance on that part of the hardware.

Some what far fetched sounding, but, I dunno, seems possible to. I have no idea wether its true or not, but thought I would throw the rumor into the mix of all this "cheating" stuff heh.

News Comments > UO Rate Hike
56. Re: No subject May 23, 2003, 14:03 Wolfen

This comment was edited on May 27, 17:50.

50. Re: No subject May 23, 2003, 01:58 Wolfen

This comment was edited on May 27, 18:06.

49. Re: GREED May 23, 2003, 01:55 Wolfen

This comment was edited on May 27, 18:03.

43. Re: No subject May 22, 2003, 23:19 Wolfen

This comment was edited on May 27, 17:50.

38. Re: UO is still the best May 22, 2003, 21:53 Wolfen

This comment was edited on May 27, 18:09.

35. Re: No subject May 22, 2003, 21:26 Wolfen

This comment was edited on May 27, 18:03.

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo