Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Silly Sep 15, 2003, 12:32 Wolfen

Paying spammers not to spam? Give me a break. They are intruders imo. Im not paying some one to stop harrasing me. I mean, I feel like im being made a bribe offer by these people when they say that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: id fanshop Jul 2, 2003, 16:24 Wolfen

Im guessing the q3a jersey's that are used are from id soft themselves, since I believe they only had them made for them selves at the office. I could be wrong though.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Announced
6. Re: Oh No Jun 18, 2003, 16:08 Wolfen

======
Here comes the NAPALM...
======

Id like to see them use agent orange. Hack hack cough cough, so then tie it into sims online, and you have vietnam vets slowly dieing from lung usage depleting over the years. Yeah this is great stuff.

Vietnam, ww2, were gonna have to have a new pointless war soon so more war games can be made.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Date & Subscriptions
62. Re: Heh Jun 17, 2003, 19:23 Wolfen

"Now...if someone could just make Fallout Online, I'll be set. "

Now theres an idea!

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Screenshots
3. Re: warning , obscure reference ahead Jun 16, 2003, 20:16 Wolfen

mmmm tribealicious

News Comments > Ultima Rumors
13. Re: I'm glad Jun 16, 2003, 15:21 Wolfen

===========
the Origin employees see some form of humor in people still being pissed off over the rape of the best CRPG franchise in the history of computer gaming. Is EA there chuckling along with you, Wolfen?
===========

As you may recall, or just look down and read, I said its amusing seeing your peoples guess's at what this may be. I never diminished the players or fans in any form, nor did I ever have anything to do with any ultima, or uo products. I am not here representing EA or Origin, I am here representing myself and my own personal opinions.

8. haha Jun 16, 2003, 14:31 Wolfen

Its great watching all you guys trying to guess what that thing is going to be. Stratics forums went nuts with it. It was hillarious.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 17:29.

3. Re: No subject Jun 16, 2003, 11:06 Wolfen

Wish I knew ; )

News Comments > Homeworld 2 Preview
8. Re: Followup Jun 14, 2003, 12:20 Wolfen

If I remember the E3 footage I saw (a HUGE download) I saw them in the formation.

4. Re: Previes Jun 13, 2003, 15:59 Wolfen

They had me at the announcement of the game hehe.

1. Previes Jun 13, 2003, 11:12 Wolfen

Im tired of these previews for this game, I wish they would just release it allready. I loved homeworld and cataclysm, and one preview was enough to sell me. Must.... get.... homeworld....................................2

News Comments > Men of Valor: Vietnam Q&A
12. Re: Men of Valor v. Call of Duty Jun 10, 2003, 16:34 Wolfen

Jerry, all I can say is, that was very well put. Im humbled by your comments.

News Comments > Men of Valor: Vietnam Q&A
6. CoD and MoV Jun 10, 2003, 11:32 Wolfen

My input. The guys at Infinity ward are very very talented, as we all know from the great product Moh. I still wish I had the chance to work with them as well, and after seeing the latest shots of the game, my fears are gone. All I can say is, I have confidence in there product.

MoV. Well, I worked on it for a bit. Also I know its come a long way since I left 2015. John Whitmore is a good visionary, he has a lot of good ideas. The team at 2015 working on MoV are very talented, I would go as far to say that they have just as much potential to be as good as the original team. They have a strong interview process, are very selective of who they hire. They know there way around there tools. Its just an office of talent.

That aside, dont forget, that one is in Unreal, the other is in Quake3. Im not sure if infinity's game will be on xbox, but remember that 2015's game will be xbox first. This makes it quite possible that, when they port to PC, the game may get a repass at graphics.

The xbox is very limiting at what Unreal Warfare can do in it versus the pc. Personally, Ill wait for the pc version hehe.

Anyways, the whole point is, its two different groups, both groups are extremely talented, they are both working in different engines that have different ups and downs, and both products will probably be pretty good sellers.

I say good luck to the both of them, and cant wait to see the final products.

(edit: oops, fixed a MOH to be MOV where it should have been instead of MOH luckily not COD, cause then i might have put MOH again anyways, well.... nevermind.)

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 11:37.

News Comments > No Xbox Half-Life 2?
70. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2003, 16:16 Wolfen

======
Oh and the XBOX is a good piece of hardware and capable of a lot. Just because the XBOX has a 733MHz CPU doesn't mean it can't anything, consoles are built different. SNES has a 3MHz CPU and in 1991 was putting out better graphics and sound than any crap released on a 33-66MHz PC.
======

No. 35's point is probably more on target in my personal opinion. The xbox sure is a decent machine, but the physics in HL2 may be to much for the 733. Especially the way they are using them. Just about everything seemed to have physics in it, and thats going to take a toll on even the beefy pc machines. And like he said, the calculations for AI going on with the Physics, is going to be KILLER. Im fearfull of HL2's "recomended" cpu requirements. Id imagine for the best effects your going to need a 1.5 megahertz min, and I mean bare bare min.

News Comments > Metallica Game Trailer
1. Heh Jun 5, 2003, 20:50 Wolfen

I had a feeling it sounded like a twisted metal black spin off thingy ma bob.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Pot in Canada Jun 3, 2003, 22:46 Wolfen

======
Fair or not, anyone in jail for using drugs is a moron.
======

LOL. I dunno. Seems to have helped several countries out financially, and of course (and obviously under the circumstances) lowers crime rate.

It all really depends on the state. I hear texas has the harshest punishments for mary jane then any state so far.

Oh and btw, some states here are backing out on medical purposes. (California for one... in fact, I think I saw that in the OOTB section a while back)

Ah well. Its a matter of opinion yet again.

News Comments > Delta Force - Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre
14. BHD: T T I W T L Jun 3, 2003, 22:35 Wolfen

Guess's anyone?

News Comments > Richard Garriott Q&A
10. Re: TR is a MPOG Lobby Jun 3, 2003, 17:27 Wolfen

To #9.

I agree. Thats what it "sounds" like at this point. How it actually happens is another story. Interesting to see what he does.

As for personal dungeon stuff. Most all of them are starting to do it now. AO has done it for a long time. Just remember, its not that new. AO I think was one of the first to do it. Problem was, the personal areas were so gosh darn repetetive it was sad. They recently updated it with new, and exciting rooms, with more detail, but, in the end they still begin to repeat.

I think this is the next hurdle. All these games are going to be making personal dungeons, but how personal is it going to feel after the 30th time of seeing the same halls and rooms swapped around and reconfigured? How will the developers actually make them continue to feel so "unique" and personal to the player.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Tivo Jun 3, 2003, 12:19 Wolfen

"well duuuh"

Thats exactly!!!!!!! what I thought.

News Comments > Rubies of Eventide Goes Live
28. Re: MMORPGs Jun 3, 2003, 00:13 Wolfen

In regards to Post 26.

Eh. I partially agree. DAOC was fun because of the PVP side of it. The RvR. But your right in the end as far as, your goals. Its experiance either way. It all depends on what you find fun I spose. Even if it is like gambling, people find it fun. Let em be.

And just to add, I think NwN rules.

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo