Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Virtual City and Trial Released
4. Re: Virtual City and Trial Released Dec 15, 2009, 20:15 Wolfen

Im curious as well. I was excited for Cities XL, but I waited to see reviews and player feedback and a shame that went down hill.

Some screenshots and a trailer came in after the announcement, which should help with your curiosity.

/me looks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Virtual City and Trial Released
2. Re: Virtual City and Trial Released Dec 15, 2009, 13:02 Wolfen

Im curious as well. I was excited for Cities XL, but I waited to see reviews and player feedback and a shame that went down hill.  

News Comments > EA Wants #1 FPS Spot
42. Re: EA Wants #1 FPS Spot Dec 3, 2009, 17:20 Wolfen

HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Announced
8. Re: Medal of Honor Announced Dec 2, 2009, 15:28 Wolfen

Anyway, if this is a good shooter then of course I will bite, but WOW, talk about a rip-off of CoD. I would have rather seen Vietnam or something else unique, but I guess this will have to do.

You do realize that most of the folks who worked at 2015 on MoH Allied Assault are the same people who ended up forming IW to make CoD right?

News Comments > Direct2Drive Refutes Impulse Claim
18. Re: Direct2Drive Refutes Impulse Claim Dec 1, 2009, 02:31 Wolfen

Ive used Steam, Impulse and D2D. Ive used D2D less over the years since steam arrived though. Impulse I merely use for any CD games ive bought that require it and object desktop. I havnt really had much trouble with any of them. I figure none of us really give a crud who is number 1 or 2 or 3. In the end its about what we as individuals just like more. So I find this argument over this fairly.. useless.  

News Comments > Classic id Weapons in RAGE
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 20, 2009, 11:09 Wolfen

Hmm, on mars? =P lol

Still know ill buy it. Its id soft. I love there tech and the games are always fun.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2009, 13:00 Wolfen

But ...but...these zombies are different. Some are wearing BEERHATS!!!!!

HAHA.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2009, 10:51 Wolfen

For the love of all that is holy. Enough of the zombies!!!!!! This fad was old before it even hit. Though L4D was fun ill give it that. Though I think id rather of seen it as crazy psycho clowns instead of zombies.  

News Comments > Sledgehammer Games Formed
2. Re: Sledgehammer Games Formed Nov 17, 2009, 21:43 Wolfen

Give them a chance to release a game or two. Then itll shut down. At least if the current trend in game dev houses continues lol.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
20. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Nov 17, 2009, 21:41 Wolfen

Having a rogue as a main character might be a pain in the ass

Hehe. Actually Im running a rogue now. Ive set him to duel weapons, duelist and im working on assassin right now. As a duel wielder he is a whole lot of fun and I actually found him easier to play then the warrior. The others are tanking. Also id suggest turning Wynne into a arcane warrior. Pump her healing and buffs up then go arcane and shes now close to a cleric. Lot of fun. =D

11. Re: Getting Owned Nov 17, 2009, 18:38 Wolfen

People say this but they don't back it up. In reality all you have working is some health potion and an attack skill, approximating BAD AI from a normal game. Some achievement. Unless you do more with it and can show it off.

Well for one I never said anything about AI or that the tactics system was a achievement.

I merely stated using the tactics system does wonders. Which it does. I have guys healing them selves and each other, attacking those who attack specific members, enemies being attacked by type, rank, so on. All kinds of options, and I use the crap out of them and it works fine. The game was much harder until I started using it.

Achievement or not. Bad AI or not. It helps, and it works fine for me.

7. Re: Getting Owned Nov 17, 2009, 17:32 Wolfen

Huh. Interesting. Maybe look at Biowares site?

Ok after a looksy http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/113559

It is indeed DIFFERENT then the last patch. There ya go. Upgrade it mofo!

News Comments > Pandemic Closure Confirmed
14. Re: Pandemic Closure Confirmed Nov 17, 2009, 17:26 Wolfen

. This inspires Infinity Ward's Mikey Neumann to tweet: "Well, if anyone from Pandemic would like to work at Gearbox, we'd love to have you! http://bit.ly/3pfdFb Sorry, about a lousy day :/"

Hmm, thats confusing. Infinity wards blankety blank says wed love you at Gearbox. /me scratches his head.

As for not closing due to recent announcement. Believe me. Its closed. That is EXACTLY what happened at Origin Software. When I was there they said "were moving you to EA-LA and were consolidating". Then everyone was gone. They kept most of the original UO team but the rest of the company... poof, gone. How are those latest Origin games anyways? It really toughed out the consolidation didnt it?

Edit: And I agree. Business is business. This what they do. I have no personal issues with them doing such things. But like most folks, i think getting laid off sucks.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2009, 17:27.

5. Re: Getting Owned Nov 17, 2009, 17:20 Wolfen

As it says in the news report. Its the same as the patch released on steam recently.

What I find interesting is it seems steam got the love first.

As for Recliffe. That was easy lol. Both for my warrior and rogue. Over head tactics view is great for the really tough battles. Thats when I start controlling people. But most of all use the tactics system. It does wonders.

News Comments > Single-Player Shadowbane?
2. Re: Single-Player Shadowbane? Nov 12, 2009, 00:43 Wolfen

Sounds like they are just wanting to use the IP. Not make an offline mmo or something. There could be background and depth to this game not seen or translated well to MMO, or it could be a good foundation to expand the IP into SP. Fantasy tends to work a lot lol.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Specs
21. Re: Star Trek Online Specs Nov 11, 2009, 18:00 Wolfen

Ah. Well there's also an episode of TNG where Baldy and co. stumble upon an old Federation ship with Scotty aboard. They defrost him, and Geordi remonstrates with the old fibber for grossly exaggerating his repair estimates.

Uhh. I think you mean the one where they found him stored inside the transporter memory. He stuck himself there to save his butt. I remember that one well because I thought it was cool they had Scotty on it heh. That was looooooooong ago when I saw that.

News Comments > C&C4 Layoff Rumor
3. Re: C&C4 Layoff Rumor Nov 10, 2009, 20:41 Wolfen

As a past professional. Id just like to say its nice for once to see a game company actually WARN there employees. Rather then springing it on them in the morning when they come in and suddenly have no job.  

News Comments > EA Cut "Over a Dozen" Games, MoH "Revitalization" Nears
1. Re: MoH "Revitalization" Nears Nov 9, 2009, 20:40 Wolfen

Heh. Wonder if they will yank the next developers name out of the gold cd on the next MoH like they did with another "un named" company i know of.  

News Comments > EA Layoffs?
1. Re: EA Layoffs? Nov 9, 2009, 15:32 Wolfen

Saw the mythic one happening eventually.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2009, 11:18 Wolfen

Wow! Pulled off UGO huh? They are all over the place to.  

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo