Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Tropico 3: Absolute Power Announced
6. Re: Tropico 3: Absolute Power Announced Mar 1, 2010, 19:19 Wolfen

I never got my steam Freebies from this game. Ticked me off. I wont buy the add on. Solid game though aside from that. I enjoyed what I played of it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands DLC Disc Plans
6. Re: Borderlands DLC Disc Plans Mar 1, 2010, 14:06 Wolfen

Yeah. I remember when some form of stash was there. But unfortunatly companies will always find ways to continue to milk money from people. Thats... one "way" of business that works cause people buy it. (Like me lol, like i said, im a sucker)

Last I looked into mods for this game there were a lot of weapon mods. Thats about it. How ever, and I may be wrong, I was glancing some forums and thought I saw mention that it was patched up. So not even gun modding exists now.... but thats not a positive confirmation. I didnt bother with the gun mods. Id rather be making some maps myself.

News Comments > Borderlands DLC Disc Plans
3. Re: Borderlands DLC Disc Plans Mar 1, 2010, 13:29 Wolfen

Prez wrote on Mar 1, 2010, 11:09:
As for the DLC, the only one I'm interested in is the latest one. I would really like to have the stash from Mad Moxxi but there's no way in hell I'm paying 10 bucks for something that should have been included in the game to be begin with or added in later with a small patch.

Actually Underdome was second to last. The last one doesnt have a stash. =)

Im a sucker and bought them all. I enjoyed Borderlands and the only add on I felt worth it was the first one. The zombie one. (Which im sick of zombies anyways).

News Comments > Violent Games Study
3. Re: Violent Games Study Mar 1, 2010, 11:25 Wolfen

As Chris Rock once asked. "What ever happened to just plain f***ing crazy?"  

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer
3. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 11:27 Wolfen

Judging by the video that looks like a lot of game play vid. Course it could be in game cut scenes. Either way, it looks awesome. I hope it holds up to that.  

News Comments > Richard Garriott Returns to Gaming
23. Re: Richard Garriott Returns to Gaming Feb 17, 2010, 20:02 Wolfen

New Ultima would indeed be cool.  

News Comments > Richard Garriott Returns to Gaming
6. Re: Richard Garriott Returns to Gaming Feb 17, 2010, 10:46 Wolfen

Verno wrote on Feb 17, 2010, 10:38:
Richard Garriot opens open openness to the masses.

LOL

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 21:40 Wolfen

With the unfortunate history this IP has had so far for games, im waiting on reviews myself. Mainly the wackiness with Cheyenne Mountain is what scares me. They have had a little trouble during dev of the MMO one. Owell. Im just playing it safe. Id like to see some killer SG games so I wish the best to anyone who develops them.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 20:17 Wolfen

I was just telling a friend of mine so much more could be done with this IP. =(  

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves
2. Re: Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves Jan 29, 2010, 19:36 Wolfen

I may buy it, just to support the NO ZOMBIE cause.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Art Tease
2. Re: Dead Space 2 Art Tease Jan 29, 2010, 19:05 Wolfen

There has got be a different word for that then "Tease"  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster"
10. Re: Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster" Jan 29, 2010, 19:01 Wolfen

DO NOT BUY ME2 EXPECTING MORE ME1.

Ok, dont get me wrong. I think ME2 so far is a solid game. Its just.. my personal description of the game would be "Gears of War with a sprinkle of BioWare RPG on top." And I really do mean sprinkle. Its no where near like ME1 in terms of RPG. However, again, its a solid game. As for conflicts and troubles the only real problem ive had is I had to turn off mouse smoothing using notepad++ (cause they use something funky for the ini files and wordpad or notepad editing will make the game crash)

If you liked Gears of War, and you Like Bioware's dialogue choices, and the Mass Effect universe in general. Then the game is probably for you.

I myself wasnt a fan of Gears of War, and im not feeling as addicted to this game as I was ME1. But thats just personal preference. =)

News Comments > Stargate Resistance Next Month
1. Re: Stargate Resistance Next Month Jan 29, 2010, 18:53 Wolfen

From the screenshots, im not very impressed. Curious how it pans out on gameplay. Ive been wanting a Stargate game since quake 1 (In fact i had a mod idea for SG with Q1, then SG1 came out. Some one was thinking along the same lines as me haha)  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Growth
11. Re: Valve on Steam Growth Jan 29, 2010, 14:53 Wolfen

Because one the things hyped back when digital distribution started was that it was to lower the cost for the buyer. I dont think its steam setting the prices though. Im sure its the publisher or developer or both. Valve may have some input on prices, but ultimately I dont think its there final say. So if the game is 60 bucks I dont blame steam for that. I do complain that the digital games in general have suddenly become the same price as boxed items, when I know they were at least 10 bucks cheaper when this fad started up.

Steam and Valve in general rock in my opinion.

News Comments > Dawn of Discovery: Venice
1. Re: Dawn of Discovery: Venice Jan 29, 2010, 14:45 Wolfen

This game is so deep in trees I couldnt finish it. I loved it though haha.  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Growth
2. Re: Valve on Steam Growth Jan 29, 2010, 13:21 Wolfen

Thats cause we dont have to leave the house now. Wheres my Steam Pizza ordering already? Maybe they could add grocery shopping and delivery. Oh how I wish teleporters existed.

Edit: And I agree below. Some games require steam (which is lame), and again, i will agree that "originally" digital downloads were because it saved money since there was no more packaging to pay for amongst other "physical" costs that added to the unit price.

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2010, 13:23.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2010, 13:09 Wolfen

Heh, this announcement and all the doubt in the press ive seen reminds of the Segway announcement.  

News Comments > GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March
11. Re: GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City to PCs in March Jan 29, 2010, 11:42 Wolfen

As all GTA's, this one is fun to come back to if you stopped playing for a year. I have to agree that I wasnt a fan of the Lost and the Damned add on, but thats just me. I decided not to buy anymore of those little add-ons after that. Oh, I have it on 360 as well, so uhh yeah none of this really applies to this topic. =P  

News Comments > id: Zenimax Deal Has "Worked Out Really Well"
5. Re: id: Zenimax Deal Has Jan 28, 2010, 19:34 Wolfen

I have my doubts about the game feeling true to PC and not a console port. Most companies fail at it, or just dont deliver. So, like I said. Ill believe it when I see it.

Now, I dont doubt id soft can make a game, that wasnt my point at all here. Just the "not feel like a console port on the pc" statement is, again, what I do not have high hopes on.

News Comments > id: Zenimax Deal Has "Worked Out Really Well"
3. Re: id: Zenimax Deal Has Jan 28, 2010, 19:19 Wolfen

We've been making PC games for over 15 years, so PC fans should rest assured that Rage will feel like a true PC game, not a PC port of a console game.

Hehe. Ive heard similar statements before from other companies. So, believe it when I see it. =)

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2010, 19:20.

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo