Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Paid DLC Next Month
2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Paid DLC Next Month Mar 11, 2010, 20:49 Wolfen

It better only be like 2 bucks. Hour and a half isnt really much.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Force Unleashed Patched
3. Re: The Force Unleashed Patched Mar 11, 2010, 05:40 Wolfen

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 03:48:
Is this the patch that transforms this POS into an PC game?

Being a Star Wars fan, id have to say it wasnt much to begin with on the console either unfortunately.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 on Steam
4. Re: Command & Conquer 4 on Steam Mar 11, 2010, 00:37 Wolfen

Brian Reynolds wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 22:53:
Oh you TURKEYS! You wait until six days before the game is released to finally announce it'll be available on Steam?!? I'm on a quest to never buy spinning media discs ever again and so Steam has been my main source of game purchases and now, after months of "buy in advance and get Beta access" nonsense, only now that I've pre-paid for the game you say that it'll be available in the format I was looking for? Come ON!!

Actually I find that odd based on the success of pre-purchasing on steam as well. It is a bit peculiar. Wonder why they ended up doing that.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again
3. Re: Ubisoft DRM Servers Under Fire Again Mar 8, 2010, 17:45 Wolfen

Yeah, i was on the fence about this topic. Cause im not opposed to the idea of developers trying to protect there goods. But this... this is unacceptable. This must be totally pissing off there player base. I know id be livid.

They might as well release a patch to get rid of the DRM in it. Cause its hurting there image even more then it was damaged to begin with.

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator DLC Next Week
3. Re: Aliens vs Predator DLC Next Week Mar 8, 2010, 17:29 Wolfen

I havnt played MP in this yet. Ive enjoyed the SP a bit. Its not mind blowing, but if you are a fan of the AvP and AvP 2, then this one is for you.

Im not having much problems with it in SP stability wise. No crashes, no black screens. None of the troubles other have posted. I must have been lucky.

I doubt id buy these maps though heh.

News Comments > Metaverse
38. Re: Metaverse Mar 7, 2010, 22:53 Wolfen

Speaking of intrusive ads. Did anyone ever hear about the wonderful idea of putting ads on the food its self? I guess some safe dye was made and you guessed it, ads on food will soon be here.

There is no escape from the onslaught of advertising and what little we have to hide it we WILL use.

26. Re: Metaverse Mar 7, 2010, 20:03 Wolfen

Ill just say this. Id pay a monthly subscription for Blues. Nuff said.  

24. Re: Metaverse Mar 7, 2010, 19:51 Wolfen

Take it outside you two.  

17. Re: Metaverse Mar 7, 2010, 19:05 Wolfen

Yes, thanks to flash ad's I dont have flash installed any more either.  

1. Re: Metaverse Mar 7, 2010, 14:24 Wolfen

Find a different way to make money then having pop ups and flash videos you cant close. Thats why I have ad blocking. Cause advertisers took it way to far. Personally I can tolerate some ad's if its in a frame on the site to the left or right or top or bottom. But sorry, when they started FORCING it into my view and making it so I had to click on it, or deviously locating the X and or Close button, thats when I said no more.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Screenshots
17. Re: Crysis 2 Screenshots Mar 4, 2010, 21:18 Wolfen

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 20:38:
Ok... so the Chinese drove all the way to New York in their jeep?

HAHA

News Comments > Crysis 2 Screenshots
9. Re: Crysis 2 Screenshots Mar 4, 2010, 19:46 Wolfen

Rigs wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 19:40:
Shocked

Them's some mighty purrty screenies there...I'm guessing the minimum will be a Six-Core i7 980x, 16 gigs of DDR5, a 160gb SSD hard drive, and four nVidia GTX480's in Quad-SLI? Maybe a side of Windows8 and DirectX12 to go along with it?

Check please! Rolleyes2

=-Rigs-=

That probably sums it up. This series from these devs has always gone "beyond" the limits of the current "common" high end hardware haha. Not that its a bad thing. I love the eye candy and far cry and crysis were both pretty cool.

I do believe there is some doctoring in the image, but its still pretty hot. Like the fires on the upper floors in the back ground. Those look added in to me. But who knows.

News Comments > Ex-Infinity Ward Bosses Sue
10. Re: Ex-Infinity Ward Bosses Sue Mar 4, 2010, 10:45 Wolfen

Ouch  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 NVIDIA Trailer
4. Re: Just Cause 2 NVIDIA Trailer Mar 4, 2010, 05:39 Wolfen

Being a graphic whore, im kinda into this lol.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers Mar 3, 2010, 14:32 Wolfen

LightAssassin wrote on Mar 3, 2010, 03:51:
So from what I gather, you just plug in a HDMI cable with audio outputs also into the tv and it takes care of it all via the drivers?

On supported video cards. I believe the card had to be designed with audio on it. But im not positive on that.

Heres a thread I found right off of a google search discussing it.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/399894

And an Nvidia forum post.
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t86722.html

It sounds like if the card has a connector on it to go to the mobo, your gonna get audio off of it if you use the HDMI output and set your default audio to SPDIF

Edit: Well I just emailed Customer Service for BFG Tech. I asked them about not having a cable for the SPDIF from the vid card to the mobo in my package. Reason I asked was there page for my card says on it that it does audio through the vid card. They responded (really fast as well) asking for some typical info and they will mail me one. Mine is a GTX 275

So yeah, you need to have a card that has the SPDIF connector on it, with HDMI output on it (or the SPDIF out on it). Just gotta research your card is all. =D

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2010, 15:41.

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers
7. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Reference Drivers Mar 3, 2010, 03:17 Wolfen

I was wondering when audio would start getting integrated into the video cards once HDMI cable started becoming standard. Cool to see it starting to come about.  

News Comments > Portal Patched
26. Re: Portal Patched Mar 2, 2010, 16:23 Wolfen

LOL. Yes prez. It is. Great observation. =D  

23. Re: Portal Patched Mar 2, 2010, 12:53 Wolfen

Prez wrote on Mar 2, 2010, 11:34:
Also one could argue that because cake existed somewhere in the universe, it is therefore not a lie. But alas, the statement "the cake is a lie" is indicative of the specific allusion by GLaDOS to the promise that if you do what you are told as an indentured servant of the Enrichment Center, you will be rewarded cake. Of course we know, this is indeed a fallacy, as the only thing you were intended to receive is termination by conflagration. The existence of the cake in the final room can be said to be a manifestation of the subject of the lie that exists solely for the express purpose of helping the sentient mind GLaDOS reconcile the fact that she is illogically offering something as reward that is functionally unobtainable, thereby averting a logic disconnect that could very well set her program into a paradoxical AI logic loop from which she could not recover. Without the existence of the cake, GLaDOS would fry her circuits and there would be no sentient AI to run the place. Despite the existence of the cake, the promise of cake was never intended to come to fruition for the hapless charges of the Enrichment Center.

Therefore the only logical conclusion is that the cake was, and yet remains, a lie.

LIES!

(yes, thats my intelligent come back, so suck it lol)

19. Re: Portal Patched Mar 2, 2010, 09:09 Wolfen

This I can agree to.  

11. Re: Portal Patched Mar 2, 2010, 01:32 Wolfen

The cake was not a lie.

A cake was there. Glados just omitted that you would be killed before the cake. But the cake was "there" so the cake was not a "lie".

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo