Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Behind the Scenes at Blizzard
5. Re: Behind the Scenes at Blizzard Apr 27, 2010, 14:15 Wolfen

Techie714 wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 14:09:
@Wolfen
Haha I saw your comment on Digg & I gave you a +1 Digg! =)

Haha thanks. People dont like me there. You should see some of my other posts. Ive landed into like -30 diggs or so at times LOL

Im just highly opinionated.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Behind the Scenes at Blizzard
2. Re: Behind the Scenes at Blizzard Apr 27, 2010, 13:57 Wolfen

Techie714 wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 13:53:
I just finished reading this on Digg. WOW what an amazing place to work & just hang out. Seriously even if your not a Blizzard fan you really should check out the pictures & read the captions. Hell the statues, paintings & museum are amazing by themselves.

This isnt a uncommon sight for successful developers. To me its the same ol same ol. I pointed out on Digg that they didnt show the cubicle farms (granted no one cares about that). Thats where the real work happens. Im more interested to see what that cubicle farm looks like. Some places make it drull and terrible. Some places make it fun and exciting to lighten up the work environment.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Apr 27, 2010, 13:13 Wolfen

PHJF wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 13:11:
Why don't you just play the AD games? They have pretty bad DRM themselves, though nothing approaching ubi.

Well before this whole DRM scheme arrived I did get Dawn of Discovery, which is incredibly awesome. Thats why Settlers looks so appealing to me.

3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 27, 2010, 13:01 Wolfen

JaguarUSF wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 10:48:
Stay strong, friend. Stay strong.

Oh man, you have no idea how close i get to buying this thing on Steam. Every time though I have to remind myself that I cant buy the thing because I refuse to allow that kind of DRM on my pc. The torture.

1. Re: Game Reviews Apr 27, 2010, 09:26 Wolfen

Dang it. That review just made me want Settlers even more. ARG. UBI KILL THE DRM PLEASE.  

News Comments > New Steam Client Released
4. Re: New Steam Client Released Apr 26, 2010, 16:27 Wolfen

Been using this since the beta. I like it for the most part. At the very least, its at least a lot more visually pleasing to the eye then the last UI heh. And also if you guys scope the forums you will see people have been working on skins for this since the beta as well, so you might find some other UI styles you like. Mostly different fonts and sizes and colors, and at times even locations of items. My only complaint is the catagories dont work in grid view. They did for a while but they removed it for some reason.  

News Comments > Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near
4. Re: Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near Apr 24, 2010, 17:12 Wolfen

Reasonable price for the product. I like how they are playing this so far. =D  

3. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2010, 10:24 Wolfen

I like the ZP reviews. I dont go looking for them, but when I see them linked I give them a watch. His review of Batman AA is why I bought it. The guy is so usually hard on games (with legitimate complaints) that when he had so little to complain about with Batman I had to see the fuss over it.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
15. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 22, 2010, 10:21 Wolfen

Didnt some one say that Ubi said if the DRM is cracked theyd removed the DRM from there games? I REALLY want to play settlers 7 lol.  

News Comments > John Romero's Unreal Engine Project
25. Re: John Romero's Unreal Engine Project Apr 21, 2010, 14:36 Wolfen

Ruffiana wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 14:07:
As a level designer I think UE3 is great. I hear on the other hand its a nightmare for programmers.

I've never known a programmer who thought an engine wasn't a nightmare to work with...unless it was an engine that they'd written.

Eh true. Once "some" get used to an engine they dont complain.

News Comments > John Romero's Unreal Engine Project
18. Re: John Romero's Unreal Engine Project Apr 21, 2010, 11:41 Wolfen

As a level designer I think UE3 is great. I hear on the other hand its a nightmare for programmers.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay Details
12. Re: Ubisoft Uplay Details Apr 21, 2010, 11:40 Wolfen

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 11:36:
Wolfen wrote on Apr 21, 2010, 10:51:
So if this is there selling point to people on it, then its a uber fail.
...Ubifail?

lol, good one.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay Details
8. Re: Ubisoft Uplay Details Apr 21, 2010, 10:51 Wolfen

Mind you, every feature is disabled except the account info and log in stuff, and point things. The "help, share, and shop" are disabled and marked in beta. So if this is there selling point to people on it, then its a uber fail.  

News Comments > Free Trine DLC, Sale
5. Re: Free Trine DLC, Sale Apr 19, 2010, 20:41 Wolfen

Dr.Del wrote on Apr 19, 2010, 19:08:
Gotta love the Steam sales; even when you have never heard of the game on sale!

Do I know you? lol

News Comments > Free Trine DLC, Sale
1. Re: Free Trine DLC, Sale Apr 19, 2010, 18:43 Wolfen

Cool little game actually. I tried it out around the Christmas sale spree on steam.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
17. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Apr 16, 2010, 11:33 Wolfen

Wildone wrote on Apr 16, 2010, 11:27:
Its like this. If a game is good Im going to buy it, if its not I wont.
If I even smell the hint of a console port its a no buy. How bout them apples?!

Its your choice. =)

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success
12. Re: Ubisoft: DRM "Vital" To PC Success Apr 16, 2010, 11:15 Wolfen

A permanent internet connection to play a single player game is NOT vital to the PC market. Ill buy settlers 7 when the crappy requirement for a permanent internet connection is gone. You can have my money then. Ill type in cd-keys, registration keys, ill register to your site. But I refuse to purchase a SINGLE PLAYER game where I do not interact with other human beings over the internet that requires me to have a permanent connection to your servers that are not 100% reliable in allowing me to play my game when I wish.  

News Comments > Get Well Soon Tom Hall
4. Re: Get Well Soon Tom Hall Apr 15, 2010, 16:56 Wolfen

The few times I spoke with Tom Hall he seemed to be a rather nice guy. I hope he recovers well and I wish him the bet.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2010, 09:42 Wolfen

Wouldnt it be a fourth Riddick film? I have a set thats Pitch Black, a Animated film, and then Chronicles of Riddick. Thats three riddick films lol.  

News Comments > West and Zampella's New Studio
24. Re: West and Zampella's New Studio Apr 12, 2010, 15:41 Wolfen

Ruffiana wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 14:10:
You didn't get there until a few months after the fact, but that was the story I heard from Matt and Olnick.

I was told first hand one reason why they left by one of the individuals who was leaving, and I was there when the suit with EA finished. There is probably truth in your statement. Like I said. Thats not "all of it". =)

Edit: And obviously I cant discuss any more then that. I do not want to upset either of those companies. (and you spelled his name wrong hehe)

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo