Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Pirated Max Payne 2 on Steam?
5. Re: Pirated Max Payne 2 on Steam? May 12, 2010, 10:26 Wolfen

DOH!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer Rises
13. Re: Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer Rises May 11, 2010, 16:09 Wolfen

Ant wrote on May 11, 2010, 16:05:
I was going to try FilePlanet's free sampler, but I was too late due to lack of free time. Is the regular game still worth checking out as a free trial player?

I believe so. The initial experience as everyone has said is very nice for an MMO and it does smoothly transition you into a more common MMO style of questing. Its fun and all that.

To anyone else wondering, they extended the downtime another 4 hours due to issues that cropped up on the EU launch of the xpac.

6. Re: Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer Rises May 11, 2010, 12:19 Wolfen

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 11, 2010, 12:15:
Alright I just downloaded the installer to try the trial.
I start it but then it hangs at "Downloading patch information..." and does nothing.
Is that because the expansion is released today?

Uhh yeah. The servers are down for like another 4-8 hours for the xpac. At 4am EST they went down for an estimated 12 hours.

1. Re: Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer Rises May 11, 2010, 11:06 Wolfen

Picked up the game on Steam a week ago or so since it was 20 bucks. Havnt played an MMO in a long while. I am really enjoying the game. Infact, i bummed out the servers are down for so long today for the xpac which I did of course pre-order after I found I liked the game.  

News Comments > Warhammer Online Interview
1. Re: Warhammer Online Interview May 10, 2010, 20:47 Wolfen

Wow, she really moved up in the world. When I worked there she was just a content designer or something like that.  

News Comments > Digital Game Trade-ins Near
8. Re: Digital Game Trade-ins Near May 7, 2010, 20:10 Wolfen

entr0py wrote on May 7, 2010, 18:35:
This might prove to be a slight improvement over the "go fuck yourself" policy that digital distributes currently have to customers transferring ownership of games.

But still pretty damn terrible compared to what we've come to expect with physical copies:

1. You can give away your old games for free to anyone.

2. You can sell your games to anyone without a middle man.

3. You can trade-in games to the retailer of your choice, who are then free to resell them.

What we'll end up with is essentially that you can get a slight store credit from only this retailer, on only certain games if you "digitally surrender" other games you have bought from them.

Fight back against the bullshit, buy boxed games.

I don't really think its BS. Its an option you have. You can either buy digital or disc. No ones stopping you. I personally prefer digital as my games are accessed every where. And to be frank, I don't really care about game trading / re selling. I will sell physical stuff if I don't like it, but generally I pack rat the discs. So it makes more sense for me personally to go digital.

Either option has its ups and downs / pros and cons, and its you the consumer who makes the choice. I feel its safe to say digital distribution isn't going away anytime soon, but I also don't think physical media is very close to disappearing yet either.

News Comments > Digital Game Trade-ins Near
3. Re: Digital Game Trade-ins Near May 7, 2010, 15:57 Wolfen

Drezden wrote on May 7, 2010, 15:07:
I wish Steam would allow you to trade shit back in. I bought Grid a week ago, and then 2 days later they had the entire Codemasters Racing Pack for 17 bucks. I was quite annoyed. Would have allowed me to trade Grid back in and then buy the pack and at least get a little of my money back

Yeah, you know.. that always stops me from buying those packs. I wish at the very least they would knock the price off of the games you have in your collection that are part of those packs.

News Comments > RAGE Next Year
34. Re: RAGE Next Year May 4, 2010, 18:34 Wolfen

Creston wrote on May 4, 2010, 18:01:
XM-S wrote on May 4, 2010, 16:18:
I've been reading Blue's since somewhere around Doom 2, but I don't recall exactly when the community went from like-minded gamers excited about the industry to a bunch of kids looking for an excuse to bitch about everything that gets printed.

I gotta stop reading these comments.

(edit) Maybe it was Quake. I don't remember. Long time ago. Probably before half of you were born, come to think of it.

Yes, yes, you're so much older than everyone else, and so much more experienced. We all bask in your glory. Rolleyes

Please, stop reading the comments. Do everyone a favor, and take NKD and spindoctor with you too. The only thing worse than people whining about games is people whining about others whining.

Creston

I read all the comments after his waiting to see some one say something so I didnt have to. Thanks Creston. lol

News Comments > MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming
6. Re: MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming May 4, 2010, 14:20 Wolfen

I had nothing to say about this. I saw people having trouble and just decided not to bother. But seeing as how they are going to mech a seperate installed I will def try this out. I did like Mech 4 way back when and havnt played a game like it since, so this will be cool. Look forward to trying out what these guys produced.  

News Comments > RAGE Next Year
5. Re: RAGE Next Year May 4, 2010, 14:16 Wolfen

Yeah, im actually not very impressed with the graphics here. I dont know if its the art direction to look that way, or if its the engine doing that but it looks kind of low res to me. Which is quite surprising since this is where megatextures came from. If its a "fun" game Ill buy it, but from what I see now, I wouldnt be buying it for its graphics quality.  

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
16. Re: Alpha Protocol DRM Details May 2, 2010, 20:37 Wolfen

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 2, 2010, 18:01:
You know, I seem to recall when BioShock was released, it used a scheme almost exactly like this and people went loco. Interesting to see how Ubisoft's system has since lowered the bar of expectations. Though I admit that 2K didn't commit to patching out the DRM (which hasn't been removed, it's just got unlimited activations but is still tied to the servers), this scheme isn't any different than that one but it seems to be OK now. Interesting that.

Personally I had no complaints about Bioshocks DRM as well. In fact, the only real complaint Ive had with DRM myself is Ubi's current scheme.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
3. Re: Alpha Protocol DRM Details May 2, 2010, 17:18 Wolfen

Yeah. This is an acceptable DRM to me personally. Even if it doesnt use Steamworks. Its no diff then media DRM by some providers (such as iTunes).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2010, 16:04 Wolfen

Being a huge fan of the Seinfeld series, the George Costanza trailer was so weird to watch since I knew what every single scene was from haha. Sneaky editor who ever made that. For example when Elaine says "What can we say about Suzie?", shes actually referring to a Suzie she made up in a work situation haha.

Funny though. =D

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II Lengthy
5. Re: Eschalon: Book II Lengthy Apr 30, 2010, 15:01 Wolfen

Guess the newer generations attention span really must be shortening after all.  

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II Lengthy
1. Re: Eschalon: Book II Lengthy Apr 30, 2010, 10:32 Wolfen

Does anyone remember when 40 hours of gameplay was the norm?  

News Comments > GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale
9. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 12:49 Wolfen

VSBM wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 12:02:
Wolfen wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 11:21:
VSBM wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 10:31:
Anybody know if there's a way to stick Hot Coffee back into the Steam version? Is there a mod?

Seeing as how they released a new DVD with that content removed out of the game, I doubt youll be able to get it on Steam unless there is a mod that restores all the missing content.

Right, I know they released an "SE" version with content removed. I was just wondering if there was a mod to put it back in. Meh. Probably not even worth the trouble in the first place. If I want blocky sex, I'll just go play with my Legos.

LOL. Or leisure suit Larry!

News Comments > GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale
5. Re: GTA San Andreas Mini-Sale Apr 29, 2010, 11:21 Wolfen

VSBM wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 10:31:
Anybody know if there's a way to stick Hot Coffee back into the Steam version? Is there a mod?

Seeing as how they released a new DVD with that content removed out of the game, I doubt youll be able to get it on Steam unless there is a mod that restores all the missing content.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Apr 28, 2010, 19:34 Wolfen

VSBM wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 18:39:
Yay. Now the inevitable package deal on Steam. On sale.

Pfft. Steam? Have a sale? Yeah riiiiiight.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Plans
10. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Apr 28, 2010, 01:25 Wolfen

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 17:23:
Any Single player content????
If not, it's a pass.

Totally agree.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Apr 27, 2010, 14:22 Wolfen

JoeNapalm wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 14:18:
gilly775 wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 13:44:
ut, I got a free game out of buying Silent Hunter 5 and having connection issues initially, so that was a nice touch!

You...you bought SHV?

You wanna buy a house? Or maybe a bridge? Oceanfront property?

Have I got some deals for you!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Hey maybe the guy likes Sub sims. Give him a break lol.

Personally I would of told UBI to give me my money back. I wouldnt want yet ANOTHER game that has the same troubles. For me, that would be telling them "Oh since your giving me crap, its ok for you to suck"

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo