Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 6
11. Re: Steam Sale Jun 30, 2010, 00:15 Wolfen

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 23:15:
has GTA 4 been decrapified (no goddamn DRM except the steam one and are those like 27 required registrations/accounts gone)? $5 Sounds like a steal but I can wait longer if they force me to.

Well. I noticed a "steamsecurom" during the initial launch set ups. Theres the G4WL you gotta sign in to, and somewhat optionally rockstar social club. I clicked remind me later on it. Dunno if itll pop back up next launch though. That was it.

Played up until the first apartment. Seemed to run smooth for me. Dunno bout anything beyond that heh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 6
7. Re: Steam Sale Jun 29, 2010, 21:26 Wolfen

GTA4 for 5 bucks. Yah, I bought that. Even though I have it on 360 lol. I turned on the old red blue 3d though and man, it looked like Nikko was standing on my keyboard, and arms and guns were out of my screen. Best 3d I seen yet with that style.

Im interested in SF4 as well. Though Ive never been a huge fighting game fan.

Oh and curse you steam for still taking more of my money.

News Comments > Metro 2034 Revealed
18. Re: Metro 2034 Revealed Jun 29, 2010, 16:05 Wolfen

Drayth wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 14:22:
I'm all for the 3D, keep it truckin'

Agreed.

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailers, Parts 2 & 3
1. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailers, Parts 2 & 3 Jun 29, 2010, 15:48 Wolfen

Cool. They just invented a portable conveyor belt. =D

Cant wait to play this puppy. No need to wait for a sale here.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 5
6. Re: Steam Sale Jun 29, 2010, 00:50 Wolfen

I picked up OpF and King Arthur. Havnt tried Op yet, but King Arthur is interesting. Only gone through half the tutorial now but Im liking it.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 4
2. Re: Steam Sale, Day Four Jun 27, 2010, 17:23 Wolfen

-rips hair out-  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Day 3
6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 3 Jun 26, 2010, 17:57 Wolfen

Bucky wrote on Jun 26, 2010, 17:44:
Zeno Clash. Yay or Nay? (Already picked up AudioSurf)

I picked it up. Just finished playing some of the tutorial. Its pretty, and its different. Its an FPS punch em up. The voice acting is a little weak, but what ive played with so far seems fun. Maybe its because its different then norm or something. Id say for the price its worth grabbing. It is source engine to, so you know its going to be a fairly stable game engine wise.

Edit: Oh yeah. And screw you steam for making me want to buy all this stuff. =P

News Comments > QUAKE Engine Retrospective
7. Re: QUAKE Engine Retrospective Jun 26, 2010, 07:56 Wolfen

BicycleRepairMan wrote on Jun 26, 2010, 06:47:
zirik wrote on Jun 26, 2010, 03:15:
well it seems COD4 and modern warfare 2 are not on that list. which confirms what i remember when COD2 came out... IW stopped using the quake engine a long time ago.

I think IW did the same thing valve did, they modified quake technology for their first game, and kept working on it, eventually evolving the engine into being basically a new species of engine, like Source now is.

I would say this is probably a pretty good assumption.

News Comments > APB Audio Ads
1. Re: APB Audio Ads Jun 25, 2010, 10:42 Wolfen

Ad Fail

Edit: To clarify. Im just not a fan of ads in a game unless it makes sense. Like Gran Turismo having Pepsi decorated on the side lines. That makes sense. An obnoxious audio ad? Thats way worse. No thanks.

News Comments > Ubisoft Sale
16. Re: Ubisoft Sale Jun 24, 2010, 17:57 Wolfen

Caveman wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 12:27:
Wow, just wow. Only 1 of those games contain the online DRM. Maybe you nubs should actually click the link before you QQ.

So what. THEY made it and put it in some of there games. Till its not used, Ill buy no more Ubisoft willingly or knowingly.

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
13. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 11:11 Wolfen

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 10:58:
Wolfen wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 10:25:
InBlack wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 10:23:
I have no idea what you two guys are on, but I played Dragon Age on the PC and the interface as well as the gameplay (mostly) was very PC centric.

As far as I am concerned they are telling the truth, at least as far as "Dragon Age" is concerned.

For Dragon Age. They got it right. For Mass Effect 2. Nope.

It's almost like different development teams worked on two different games or something, whoa!

Well duh. But it was still in the same company. ME 1 I couldnt get to work on the PC. ME2 just felt like GoW to me, which makes it console... "to me". Not to mention the HORRID planet scanning haha. Its all a matter of perspective.

News Comments > Ubisoft Sale
1. Re: Ubisoft Sale Jun 24, 2010, 10:27 Wolfen

So, who wants to spend some money on some games where you have to be connected to the internet all the time even though you arent playing any one online or prefer to keep your computer securely offline as you enjoy a rousing game of some form of destruction? Any takers? Anyone?  

4. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 10:25 Wolfen

InBlack wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 10:23:
I have no idea what you two guys are on, but I played Dragon Age on the PC and the interface as well as the gameplay (mostly) was very PC centric.

As far as I am concerned they are telling the truth, at least as far as "Dragon Age" is concerned.

For Dragon Age. They got it right. For Mass Effect 2. Nope.

1. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 10:12 Wolfen

And thats why all there games are designed for console first now. Cause PC gaming is there TOP priority.

News Comments > Defense Grid: The Awakening Map Pack
1. Re: Defense Grid: The Awakening Map Pack Jun 23, 2010, 17:08 Wolfen

This game is one I always find myself able to go to and kill a good couple of hours. Its just enough challenge for me, and quick enough for those moments where my attention span isnt up for a in depth story driven fps.  

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patched
5. Re: The Settlers 7 Patched Jun 22, 2010, 12:56 Wolfen

LittleMe wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:43:
You guys have 'Settled' on that decision? Would that make you settlers?

Ba dum pppsshshhhhh

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron Jun 22, 2010, 12:40 Wolfen

kxmode wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 12:28:
Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:14:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:02:
I personally THINK this game sucks. I don't understand the hype at all, from the stuff I've seen.

Based on what exactly? You seem to have a pretty strong opinion for someone who hasn't even played it.

Amen Verno. I'm sick of comments like that. Colbert created a word to describe Eldaron Imotholin's comment: Truthiness. truthiness is a "truth" that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts. source

Isnt that the same thing as Faith? A belief not based on proof. Either way thats funny hehe.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patched
2. Re: The Settlers 7 Patched Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 Wolfen

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 10:29:
Still got that DRM on it huh? Whelp, I can wait.

Yup, still waiting as well.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron Jun 22, 2010, 11:01 Wolfen

Seems a friend of mine had a company before this release. I dont believe it was pirating (hes not that kind of dood). He was saying it was pretty awesome.  

News Comments > EA Racing Games Sale
8. Re: EA Racing Games Sale Jun 17, 2010, 19:04 Wolfen

Yeah Paradise is the open / sand box kind of racing game. I bought it on the 360 when it came out. Its actually not bad.  

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo