Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V SE Plans
6. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V SE Plans Jul 9, 2010, 19:52 Wolfen

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 9, 2010, 16:28:
Some people think they're junk, some people like them. That's why they're... dun dun dun... an option!

I love CEs... art books are my favorite too, so this one sounds nice. Hope it comes to the US.

Thank you for relaying the obvious. =P

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V SE Plans
2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V SE Plans Jul 9, 2010, 15:29 Wolfen

Special Editions = More junk to collect dust in the basement.

I typically dont buy them unless its something WAY awesome in the game. Even Dragon Age SE didnt apeal to me. Most just dont. Though I do like the TINS they used to use a lot of the time. I picked a couple of those over the years.

News Comments > Firaxis Firings
12. Re: Firaxis Firings Jul 8, 2010, 18:51 Wolfen

kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 16:01:
"I can confirm that Firaxis has realigned its development resources in order to streamline its development process, reduce costs and maximize the overall performance the studio," 2K global PR director Markus Wilding

PR speak is devoid of humanity.

I was totally going to comment on how they like to use sugar coated words like "realigned" and "maximize performance" lol.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Revealed
20. Re: Dragon Age II Revealed Jul 8, 2010, 13:42 Wolfen

Like this really needed to be announced. Who DIDNT think there would be a number 2? lol  

News Comments > The Settlers 7 DLC
5. Re: The Settlers 7 DLC Jul 8, 2010, 01:27 Wolfen

Im with the DRM posts. Never buying UBI again. Console or PC. Till that DRM is off the PC, theyll never get a dime from me knowingly.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2010, 15:44 Wolfen

space captain wrote on Jul 4, 2010, 12:53:
there was a double rainbow over here where i live about a week ago.. i took a picture of it on my phone - it was pretty crazy looking, the entire arc from one side to the other with another big one behind it, it was massive

but yeh, that dude is straight TRIPPIN

Wow. Uhhh. That guy really was into that lol. Ive seen em before. I just say cool and move on lol.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: bluray Jul 3, 2010, 15:13 Wolfen

killer_roach wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 14:06:
zirik wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 12:59:
i tend to agree with steve jobs on bluray. people i know who work in the movie industry think that its a stop gap technology to something better because they are already shooting movies at much higher resolutions than 1080p. even 35mm film has more resolution than what current HDTV offers. i have scanned 35mm velvia film to 75 megapixels and people could not tell the difference between it and a medium format or digital source.

That's not what he's getting at (in fact, as you're getting at, film professionals have been shooting at far higher resolutions for far longer, as many of the restorations of old film prints will attest). By that logic, DVD is as much of a "stop gap technology" as Blu-Ray.

What Jobs is saying is that physical media for movies is irrelevant because he wants you to download movies from the iTunes Store. Never mind the fact that most of the "high-definition" content on the Store is relatively slapdash in terms of quality (720p at bitrates as low as 2Mbit and stereo sound); because Apple can be the be-all end-all gatekeeper to content, he thinks that is the way to go.

I completely agree with that. Most all of Jobs rejections seem to be based on knowledge of a future, or a desire to dominate a branch of something, or of course a combination of both.

Edit: Or better put. Most of his rejections of things are purely driven by an agenda.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2010, 11:54 Wolfen

kanniballl wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 10:57:
Wolfen wrote on Jul 3, 2010, 10:43:
Who do we thank for the Top Five Hot Girls playing video games? lol

LOL

What I found odd is that the first one (with Rock Band) ended with a kid showing up. I'm guessing a son or young brother.

Yeah totally. Well did you not notice the kid sitting behind her to? Kids all over and a naked chick playing drums. lol

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2010, 10:43 Wolfen

Who do we thank for the Top Five Hot Girls playing video games? lol  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Day 9
4. Re: Steam Summer Sale Day 9 Jul 2, 2010, 19:59 Wolfen

I bought beat hazard at full price when it came out since I dug audiosurf (being they are both games using your music lib), but I have to say it was in a horrid state then. I havnt re-installed since then though I have seen it has been making lots of updates.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Jul 2, 2010, 14:29 Wolfen

LOL. Yes im going to trust a company with my data willingly whom was out and about siphoning data off of peoples wi-fi networks. Tsk tsk. I agree with the additional sentence of the article link. Google will DEFINITELY need to gain my trust with my data, specifically im talking about there new Facebook competitor.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 2, 2010, 14:12 Wolfen

Hey hey hey wait a minute. If kids get to be protected from ads, I want some protection to.  

News Comments > BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated]
15. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated] Jul 2, 2010, 09:15 Wolfen

EA's goal is to get into the MMO market. They've been trying to compete for years on end with little success. UO has been there ultimate which lives to this day. Mythic was to be there MMO place but as that seems to not be the plan anymore.  

News Comments > BioWare now BioWare Mythic [Updated]
1. Re: BioWare now BioWare Mythic Jul 1, 2010, 21:26 Wolfen

Still both just EA in the end.  

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
25. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 20:12 Wolfen

Deathbishop wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 18:20:
So what I'm getting is the only people who buy GoG are those who are anti-Steam?

Welcome to the minority I guess.

Thats not entirely true. I shop at both. I find gog to provider a niche service for me. Its got old games i want. I dont like how steam handles old games. GOG on the other hand seems to put some effort forth (along with the community there) to support the products sold there.

Steam is more my modern day route. Im a Steam > GOG > D2D guy. Though my first initial digital games were bought on D2D way back when it was new.

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailers, Parts 6 & 7
1. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailers, Parts 6 & 7 Jul 1, 2010, 17:54 Wolfen

Weeeeeee  

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
9. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 12:26 Wolfen

Ive bought a few games there. I dont think they are over priced, and the games I did buy worked with no fuss at all. I could always go in to the dosbox and tweak it if I like though. =)  

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Double-XP Weekend
7. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Double-XP Weekend Jun 30, 2010, 18:30 Wolfen

Been wanting this, but i figure ill wait and see if its on sale this week. If not ill nab it at full price, then two weeks later it will be half off. So if anyone is looking for the half off time, contact me to find out when I actually buy it at full price. lol  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 7
11. Re: Steam Summer Sale, Day 7 Jun 30, 2010, 18:27 Wolfen

Please Valve. I beg of you. I dont know if can continue to give you money. So long as I see stuff at 5 bucks I just... cant... stop.... HELP MEEEEE  

News Comments > Portal 2 E3 Trailers, Parts 4 & 5
3. Re: Portal 2 E3 Trailers, Parts 4 & 5 Jun 30, 2010, 17:09 Wolfen

Ok, this is torture now.  

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo