Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > New Red Faction Domain
8. Re: New Red Faction Domain Aug 14, 2010, 19:04 Wolfen

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 16:05:
Because whether or not your rear speakers work determines the playability factor of a game. Confused

I found it excellently playable. It's still fun to fuck around in from time to time. Way more fun than the previous games.

But hey, I guess some of us are just too spoiled with 52 speakers to bother trying to enjoy something that wasn't specifically tailored to their exact specifications. They are entitled to have a game built precisely for them, or it's not worth playing. HARUMPH!

Preach it brother! Your requirements for satisfaction are well justified! It's like this one time, I was on a flight from Seattle to Arizona, and I only got 16 cashews in my in-flight snack packet! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! You better send over a stewardess to give me a sponge bath, or I want my money back! Well, I don't have to tell you, those jerks got an earful of my dissatisfaction on an internet blogging site straight away!

I guess you chose to ignore my sentence that clearly stated "As for gameplay... meh, it got to repetitive"

edit: Oh yeah, and that "It was fun for about 3 hours after they fixed everything

In reality, I dont really need to justify WHY I didnt like a game to you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: New Red Faction Domain Aug 14, 2010, 15:53 Wolfen

CommunistHamster wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 15:45:
What are you talking about wulfy, Guerilla was better than both the previous titles.

I thought RFG would work well as an action-RTS, like Battlezone with an expanding map like WZ2100. I imagine that this new url is for a multiplayer component like Crysis Wars or something, sadly.

Im talking about the half a year (or close to it) that it took to fix there surround sound and all the other horrific bugs that made the game almost unplayable. Sure they fixed it, but my god. How do you ship a modern game with busted surround sound?

In terms of game play, meh, got repetitive too. Just like almost every sand box game. But the amount of time I had to wait for a freaking patch to fix stuff was just uncalled for. And I still call BS on it all being MS's GFWL submission process. The game just totally let me down. It was fun for about 3 hours after they fixed everything.

2. Re: New Red Faction Domain Aug 14, 2010, 15:04 Wolfen

After the fiasco with RF Guerrilla there is no way im buying another Red Faction game.  

News Comments > Gold - Elemental: War of Magic
23. Re: Gold - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 14, 2010, 13:22 Wolfen

YAY! I been waiting for this one. The building stuff looks cool. =D  

News Comments > id: No Tech 5 Licensing
37. Re: id: No Tech 5 Licensing Aug 13, 2010, 09:25 Wolfen

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 23:06:
Johnny and Toddy have plenty of bank and aren't really worried about it one way or another. And yes Bethsoft's engines have always sucked and been fugly, so here's hoping Tech 5 can make their stuff look good.

Its not there engine. They licensed it (the games bethesda made before that is), so you can blame the instability and poor problems on there programmers and artists. The engine they use has been used in many many many games to which many did not suck.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Announcement
32. Re: BioShock Infinite Announcement Aug 12, 2010, 17:45 Wolfen

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 16:44:
Ruffiana wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 16:33:
If we see problems with a game, we should point them out.

Why is that exactly?

The same reason you should point out problems with anything: improvement. If this game fails miserably(read: it won't), then the developers will look back to see what they did wrong. They will look to their customers for criticism, which is exactly what we are doing. They could then correct those most common complaints and make a better followup game. Obviously we don't know how this game will end up, it could be the most perfect game ever released, but does that mean it didn't have any mistakes? No way.

Bonus quote!

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Bonus quote approved!

News Comments > Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory Source Code
4. Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory Source Code Aug 12, 2010, 17:40 Wolfen

Totally. ET was awesome. Its the one team based action fps that i spent countless hours on. Even rented my own server for a while.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Announcement
9. Re: BioShock Infinite Announcement Aug 12, 2010, 15:58 Wolfen

Beamer wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 15:50:
why would the studio even greenlight something like this? It should'nt even be called bioshock.

I'm the last person to blame Marketing for dumb ideas, but I'm wondering if this was another game and marketing told them to tie it into BS.

Tying it into BS makes me far, far, farfarfarfarfar less interested than I would be otherwise. It's too damn limited. The technology 50 years prior to BS would be so much more primitive, and any cool tech you put in this game HAD to be in BS to some advanced degree.

Tying them together just seems stupid. Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

And, from what someone said, it's not "spiritual," it's just earlier in the same universe. Ryan doesn't matter in the universe, it's the rules and tech that do. But since this is so far in the past those rules and tech aren't relevant, and again, it really limits the choices you can make.

BS is right lol.

Bioshock 2 did not impress me. It was Bioshock 1... modded... and boring. It did not capture me the same way Bioshock 1 did.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Voice Talent
8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Voice Talent Aug 10, 2010, 15:34 Wolfen

Danny Trejo = Automatic purchase lol  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 19:56 Wolfen

You're our internet bro Blue. Many of us have been visiting your site for years. I cant even remember when I started, but I was a lot younger then I am now. So of course your fans are going to support you man. And if you need it, talk to whom ever has offered man. Last thing I think most of us wanted to ever see was you have such a unfortunate thing happen.

Peace and love.

News Comments > Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit
17. Re: Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit Jul 30, 2010, 15:38 Wolfen

Warskull wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 15:00:
They've had some spectacular failures, but they've also have some great successes.

Totally. agree with that. Some hits, and some bombs, but big ones both ways.

News Comments > StarCraft II Overheating Bug
39. Re: StarCraft II Overheating Bug Jul 30, 2010, 14:57 Wolfen

Krovven wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 12:43:
There are some strange bugs to be sure, some that really shouldn't have made it to release.

This is one of them. Another is voice chat not working for anyone...how does that get through QA?

One of my personal gripes, not so much a bug as a poor design function...why can't I pause a single player game and chat with people messaging me? I have to let the gameplay tick away while I'm responding to someone.

F10 = Menu = Game paused.

Granted, I could see a viable idea of having the game auto pause if you open a battle.net message window or something. Thatd be a nice feature.

38. Re: StarCraft II Overheating Bug Jul 30, 2010, 14:51 Wolfen

Jonny wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 13:06:
Wolfen wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 12:02:
I was wondering why this was the only game my gtx275's fan was blasting at high speeds for. Ill have to try the new settings and see if the fan stops now. Whats worse, is the fan would blaze not in missions, but in the sp campaign on the ship only. Cantina, armory, so on.

I was a bit confused by that as well. In missions with everything turned up to their highest my fans were normal, yet on the ship they went bonkers.

Edit: Err WASNT crazy.

Good to know I was crazy.. at least on that topic lol. Some may just think im crazy in general.

25. Re: StarCraft II Overheating Bug Jul 30, 2010, 12:02 Wolfen

I was wondering why this was the only game my gtx275's fan was blasting at high speeds for. Ill have to try the new settings and see if the fan stops now. Whats worse, is the fan would blaze not in missions, but in the sp campaign on the ship only. Cantina, armory, so on.  

10. Re: Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit Jul 30, 2010, 11:57 Wolfen

Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 11:28:
Danazer wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 10:55:
He's an idiot. In my opinion he probably deserved to be fired whether he was or not. He's an arrogant prick. Always has been.

He's never been arrogant. That's just bullshit. His vision for games has just deteriorated to the point where he thinks that if he makes ANYTHING having to do with "social networks", it'll be the greatest thing in the world.

The man did design some of the best RPGs ever (admittedly with help). He's never been arrogant about it.

Creston

I actually agree with you on that. Ive met him twice and he never seemed cocky or arrogant to me. He actually always seemed quite approachable nice.

5. Re: Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit Jul 30, 2010, 11:00 Wolfen

Danazer wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 10:55:
He's an idiot. In my opinion he probably deserved to be fired whether he was or not. He's an arrogant prick. Always has been.

A little extreme there, but there is a reason I said I believe he was fired heh. His MMO wasnt really a hit and it took for ever (did it even release?) not to mention rebooted once during its development into a entirely new kind of game mechanic.

That probably didnt sit well with NC Im betting. But I dont obviously know any of the actual "facts" of his firing. I just suspect that those are reasons why he was probably let go.

3. Re: Lord British Wins NCsoft Lawsuit Jul 30, 2010, 10:26 Wolfen

I believe he was fired.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2010, 11:36 Wolfen

First link seems to be gone.  

News Comments > Space Quest 1-3 on GOG.com
1. Re: Space Quest 1-3 on GOG.com Jul 27, 2010, 10:36 Wolfen

Hmm, might have to grab this. I dont think I ever played the first one.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 20, 2010, 12:28 Wolfen

"Why is the Xbox 360 Still Outselling PS3 in North America?"

Easy, it costs to much still.

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo