Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Action Games Make Action Brains
1. Re: Action Games Make Action Brains Sep 13, 2010, 16:08 Wolfen

I guess nothing is true till a "study" is done on it. Not that us average joes of the world have observed this happening for years upon years now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CitiesXL 2011 Website & Screenshots
4. Re: CitiesXL 2011 Website & Screenshots Sep 10, 2010, 11:00 Wolfen

Yeah im having hard time actually finding out if this new one is a online monthly sub one as well or not. If it is, then I again will not buy it. =\  

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
7. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 10:37 Wolfen

nin wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 10:25:
Pigs flying, Jack Thompson strikes back, what other new entertainments do we get the rest of the year?!?!

DNF being back springs to mind.

Uhh yeah.. hence the pigs flying reference?

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
2. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 10:20 Wolfen

Pigs flying, Jack Thompson strikes back, what other new entertainments do we get the rest of the year?!?!  

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
23. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 4, 2010, 20:57 Wolfen

Well they also have the whole Windowblinds and other windows enhancements and such. Surely they generate decent enough revenue from that to stay active as a company.  

News Comments > DNF Next Year
5. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 14:03 Wolfen

I cant really say anything that hasnt been said before.  

News Comments > Borderlands: GOTY Edition in October
6. Re: Borderlands: GOTY Edition in October Aug 30, 2010, 16:24 Wolfen

And just how many "game of the year" can there be each year anyways?  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Demo
8. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 17:00 Wolfen

Bet wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 16:15:
Wolfen wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:02:
Its published / developed by Ubi, whom implement that drm, so I wont buy it if it has it or not. =)
That's pretty harsh. Why damn the game for the prior sins of the publisher?

Reform is possible. Otherwise we wouldn't have prison sentences, we'd simply execute every person convicted of a felony.

Because they still practice the sin dont they? They still have the DRM active in there other products. Ones Id like to try out for sure.

So a killer is still killing on the side, but letting this one family live? Its ok to praise him still?

7. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 16:58 Wolfen

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 16:16:

Wolfen wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:02:
Its published / developed by Ubi, whom implement that drm, so I wont buy it if it has it or not. =)

That's pretty harsh. Why damn the game for the prior sins of the publisher?

Reform is possible. Otherwise we wouldn't have prison sentences, we'd simply execute every person convicted of a felony.

Hang on kids, we're heading towards Hitler country!

LOL. Yup, not purchasing from a company that continues to practice things I do not agree with and merely doesnt use it in one thing has SS written all over it. =P

2. Re: R.U.S.E. Demo Aug 25, 2010, 14:02 Wolfen

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 24, 2010, 20:24 Wolfen

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I have to wait a week!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

News Comments > On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy
1. Re: On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy Aug 23, 2010, 10:37 Wolfen

Uhhh. Its a video game. Not real life.  

News Comments > DOTA TM Controversy
8. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 17, 2010, 15:52 Wolfen

Well, it is. Icefrog created the original DotA. Valve hired Icefrog.

Interesting, interesting. Still interested to see how it pans out in the long run. =)

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced
11. Re: Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced Aug 17, 2010, 15:39 Wolfen

Frijoles wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 15:35:
Unless I get to build shit, no buy.

Im the same way. I wont deny its a good game. Its obvious it is since people buy it. Personally though I prefer the building of units and structures through Single Player campaigns.

A generous friend of mine has bought both DOW2 and the first add on for me and I feel bad that I just dont like the game lol.

News Comments > DOTA TM Controversy
6. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 17, 2010, 15:34 Wolfen

Well now. This is an interesting turn. Im interested to see how this pans out. Ive always thought of Valve as a pretty community supportive company who picked up popular mods and made some folks dreams come true of turning a hobby into a paid living. I kind of assumed that was what was going on here until this post popped up.

=\

News Comments > BFG RMA Refusal
21. Re: BFG RMA Refusal Aug 16, 2010, 12:17 Wolfen

kxmode wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 12:07:
zadokallen wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 12:02:
I`d take anything that promises "lifetime" with a pinch of salt...

You can also include "warranties"

And I quote a scene from Tommy Boy...

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

And that my friends is how it is! Thank you Chris Farley; real man of genius.

One of my fav scenes from that movie haha.

I bought BFG on my newest card simply cause of the positive feedback ive heard about their products and warranties. Then, a month or two later came the original announcement. Kinda sucks. =\

News Comments > QUAKE Sale
11. Re: QUAKE Sale Aug 16, 2010, 09:30 Wolfen

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 16, 2010, 09:09:
Indeed the only reason this problem exists is because Steam has no Age Verification.

I thought the age verification where they ask you your year of birth was it........

4. Re: QUAKE Sale Aug 15, 2010, 20:00 Wolfen

I dont think that would hold up in a court though. Its in the quake universe, using quake characters, and its name completely and entirely implies it is a Quake product.

Edit: And... it is a quake product.

Like I said. I think its a publisher thing. For example, why isnt quake 4 (a raven game) and Heretic 2 in there id / beth sales as well?

2. Re: QUAKE Sale Aug 15, 2010, 19:11 Wolfen

While Im sure its a publisher thing.. they advertise ALL quake titles... yet Quake Wars is not part of this sale. b000000000000  

News Comments > New Red Faction Domain
8. Re: New Red Faction Domain Aug 14, 2010, 19:04 Wolfen

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 16:05:
Because whether or not your rear speakers work determines the playability factor of a game. Confused

I found it excellently playable. It's still fun to fuck around in from time to time. Way more fun than the previous games.

But hey, I guess some of us are just too spoiled with 52 speakers to bother trying to enjoy something that wasn't specifically tailored to their exact specifications. They are entitled to have a game built precisely for them, or it's not worth playing. HARUMPH!

Preach it brother! Your requirements for satisfaction are well justified! It's like this one time, I was on a flight from Seattle to Arizona, and I only got 16 cashews in my in-flight snack packet! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! You better send over a stewardess to give me a sponge bath, or I want my money back! Well, I don't have to tell you, those jerks got an earful of my dissatisfaction on an internet blogging site straight away!

I guess you chose to ignore my sentence that clearly stated "As for gameplay... meh, it got to repetitive"

edit: Oh yeah, and that "It was fun for about 3 hours after they fixed everything

In reality, I dont really need to justify WHY I didnt like a game to you.

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo