Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Returns Fire at Activision
4. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:03 Wolfen

-busting out the popcorn-  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke 3D Mod
19. Re: Duke 3D Mod Sep 27, 2010, 16:22 Wolfen

Jerykk wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 16:00:
And so did Oblivion and Fallout because it was merely possible to add nudity from moddig.

Really? I don't remember seeing media outrage about any mods for those games. There was an early "mod" for Oblivion that let you see boobs but again, the controversy there was because that stuff was already in the game. You just needed a mod to unlock it. There have been far more explicit mods for both Oblivion and Fallout 3 and nobody cares.

In any case, has Bethesda shut down all mods for their games? Nope. They support modding because they realize that mods really don't have any negative impact on their IP.

Oh it was nothing as insane as the GTA, but thats one of the things Bethesda was having trouble with for the game rating. It was all around the same time and a direct result of hot coffee.

15. Re: Duke 3D Mod Sep 27, 2010, 15:53 Wolfen

And so did Oblivion and Fallout because it was merely possible to add nudity from moddig.  

13. Re: Duke 3D Mod Sep 27, 2010, 14:33 Wolfen

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 13:43:
Especially if the mod is better.

Actually it's more the latter.

If someone releases a Duke mod that completely sucks it damages the brand. If someone releases a Duke mod that completely sucks and has a hidden part where you can molest children, well... Game over, man, game over.

Logic at its finest. The whole point being, they dont want there IP messed with usually for "various" logical reasons. Not that I am a fan of mods getting "FOX'd". Been there myself ages ago. I think our mod was the second or third to get FOX'd. (Predator Quake hehe)

News Comments > LEGO Universe Gets Very Testy
5. Re: LEGO Universe Gets Very Testy Sep 27, 2010, 14:13 Wolfen

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 13:39:
Am I the only one who read that as "LEGO Universe Gets Very Tasty"? Must be lunchtime.

Maybe, but I wasnt thinking "testy" meant what they were saying.

11. Re: Duke 3D Mod Sep 27, 2010, 12:53 Wolfen

DavidM wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 12:48:
"Especially if the mod is better"

This makes me chuckle, what with the debacle DNF has been for the last decade.

Yeah thats why I through that in. lol. Cause sometimes, lets be honest, mods are way better.

9. Re: Duke 3D Mod Sep 27, 2010, 12:33 Wolfen

Jerykk wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 12:31:
I never really understood why IP owners so often decide to shut down mod projects using their IP. If the mod isn't being sold and the author doesn't claim to be the IP owner, what's the problem? All the mod will do is bring more attention to the IP.

Potential lost revenue. It could detract from there own products. Especially if the mod is better.

News Comments > LEGO Universe Gets Very Testy
1. Re: LEGO Universe Gets Very Testy Sep 27, 2010, 12:32 Wolfen

Huh. I was told Ryan left Netdevil. =\  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: CA Supreme Court Sep 27, 2010, 11:24 Wolfen

"Research also demonstrates that when parents are involved in their children's media choices, that's a powerful protective factor for kids,"'

Well duuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Re: Duke 3D Mod Sep 27, 2010, 11:15 Wolfen

Ray Marden wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 10:59:
This will absolutely get shut down, but let me reiterate how much I love that game. DNF has gone down a drama-filled rabbit hole, but I would gladly - gladly - pay for a D3D remake done with a current day engine.
We need more games that have fun while kicking ass.
Stuck in a naive dream,
Ray

I second the paying for a remake in modern engine.

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
6. Re: GOG.com Interview Sep 26, 2010, 15:57 Wolfen

1badmf wrote on Sep 26, 2010, 15:35:
honestly, what was everybody so up-in-arms about? they stole your money? no? they stole your girlfriend? no? they pulled what amounted to a prank? yeah? really? that's what got everybody's panties in a bunch? wow. I mean, even in the surreal sheltered reality that is my life I can't imagine being pissed about that.

Well thats you.

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
2. Re: GOG.com Interview Sep 26, 2010, 13:36 Wolfen

Why does it feel like this now? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4  

News Comments > EA Offering APB Compensation?
7. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 26, 2010, 10:06 Wolfen

Nerian wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 19:27:
You know, it's not like Realtime Worlds didn't have a good track record. Granted, they had ONE successful game and then tried to make a MMO.....

But it's not the buyer's fault the company folded. If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.

That being said, I've found that EA generally has pretty good customer service when pressed. I purchased a copy of Spore Galatic Edition from Ebay, listed as NEW IN BOX, UNOPENED..and guess what? Yeah, it was opened and the key had already been activated.

I called EA, was able to prove that it was purchased secondhand sold as a new product, and the email address of the seller matched the registered email. They generated a brand new key for me on the spot, and made it available for me to digitally download via their store, permanently. Pretty frakin' awesome of them.

Oh, and I did file a PayPal claim against the seller and get all of my money back too. So F that guy...

Dood. There is NO WAY this games failure is my fault cause I didn't buy it. Maybe it had something to do with some of the unappealing aspects of the game, such as... in game advertisements.

News Comments > On Microsoft Games Studio's PC Recommitment
25. Re: On Microsoft Games Studio's PC Recommitment Sep 24, 2010, 12:12 Wolfen

necrosis wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 11:23:
peteham wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 11:22:
Freelancer 2 and everything is forgiven!
Second this x1000.

Thirded x3000

News Comments > Command Conquer 3: The Forgotten
1. Re: Command Conquer 3: The Forgotten Sep 24, 2010, 10:43 Wolfen

Heh. Im amused by the title. It seems so fitting to me for this series.

Edit: Not to imply negatives about the mod. Just the CnC series as of late. =)

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2010, 12:58.

News Comments > GOG.com Update
12. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 12:14 Wolfen

Enahs wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 11:59:
I do not remember the GoG website in to much detail from before, but uhh, it looks the same from what I remember?

Well it "was" in beta. I assume that what we see now is the "out of beta" version.

10. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 11:20 Wolfen

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 10:53:
nin wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 10:32:
Clearly the downtime was worth it, based on the results.

I'll believe their "We're getting swamped with purchases/downloads" when I see numbers.

I find it far more likely that they fucked up their new site launch and are just hiding behind "See, our ad campaign was so fucking awesome that we just sold 8 TRILLION GAMES!" self-delusional smokescreen.

That said, I will buy Baldur's Gate from them.

Creston

Yup. While I've been quite pissed off. I haven't said I wont shop there still.

I let them know this morning how I felt in a feedback submission. Venting directly to them made me feel a bit better.

2. Re: GOG.com Update Sep 23, 2010, 10:40 Wolfen

For them... yeah. Now when do we get a "REAL" apology?  

News Comments > Dead Rising 2 'Launch' Trailer
5. Re: Dead Rising 2 'Launch' Trailer Sep 23, 2010, 10:17 Wolfen

Prez wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 00:00:
Saw a commercial tonight for this. Looks pretty cool, even though the whole "zombapocalypse" thing is getting a bit played out.

I been sick of the zombie craze for a good year or two now.

I tried playing the first game. I just couldnt even get past the first boss. The grenade dude/s. I suck at games, but I still love them.

News Comments > On the GOG.com Hoax
4. Re: On the GOG.com Hoax Sep 22, 2010, 22:34 Wolfen

"First of all we’d like to apologize to everyone who felt deceived or harmed in any way by the closedown of GOG.com. As a small company we don’t have a huge marketing budget and this why we could not miss a chance to generate some buzz around an event as big as launching a brand new version of our website and even more important, bringing back Baldur’s Gate to life!"

And as I feel "As a small company we don't have a huge marketing budget and this is why we could not pass up the chance to leave our current customers wondering WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!"

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo