Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 658 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Wins Case Versus Silicon Knights
15. Re: Epic Wins Case Versus Silicon Knights May 31, 2012, 00:27 Wolfen

Beamer wrote on May 30, 2012, 23:24:
Man, it's obvious who here hasn't been in a studio using UE3.

No support? Have you ever tried anyone elses' engine? UDN is pretty much amazing.

I second your sentiments.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
100. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 19:17 Wolfen

HAHA 100th comment... and I don't even own the game!  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
70. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 23:52 Wolfen

deqer wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:32:
Wolfen wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:21:
It's his site, and
ya ya...

"my site, my rules" blah blah.

if the original poster really wants to know
it's not so much about that, but rather it's the fact that you'd save a bunch of speculated discussion by just saying the reason rather keeping it silent and thus everyone wasting time wondering or criticizing the choice that Blue made to delete it.

Like stated before, Blue is pretty relaxed about that stuff usually. So if you got a post nuked, it's generally a pretty legitimate reason. It's your own faults for "wasting time" speculating on why.

55. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 21:21 Wolfen

deqer wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:57:
Prez wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:31:
I still can't fathom why his post was deleted -
wait, what? his post was deleted? lol.

sad enough that people report such pity stuff, but worse that Blue actually does it and doesn't bother to provide a reason--because his reason must be correct without room for argument apparently.

I don't really think Blue has to explain himself. It's his site, and if the original poster really wants to know why I am betting he could email Blue and ask why it was deleted. Had it happen to me once and I got an honest answer. -shrugs-

49. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 20:54 Wolfen

nin wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:51:
Prez wrote on May 22, 2012, 20:44:
Okay, I'm gonna get creamed for this, but I didn't think the last one was that bad. It actually set up the original trilogy nicley. Take away the goofy shit like that crap with R2-D2 and replace whiney Christiansen with someone who could actually act and you may have had something. You have to admit the opening space battle scene was pretty sweet, right?

Right??

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Better yet the old http://lukevadernoooo.ytmnd.com/

News Comments > 38 Studios Misses Payroll; Bounces Check
24. Re: 38 Studios Misses Payroll; Bounces Check May 18, 2012, 08:29 Wolfen

Rattlehead wrote on May 17, 2012, 23:18:
I hate all of you.

Was that you I fought at the Breasturary in Nipopolis?

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
6. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 01:36 Wolfen

""we’re making a good decision by not making a decision"

heh

News Comments > Another Stargate Worlds Lawsuit
11. Re: Another Stargate Worlds Lawsuit May 13, 2012, 20:57 Wolfen

AnointedSword wrote on May 13, 2012, 20:29:
Stargate MMO would have failed...About as exciting as my big toe...

Because you represent the wants and desires of every gamer out there right?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization May 2, 2012, 19:27 Wolfen

nin wrote on May 2, 2012, 14:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2012, 14:17:
To be fair, Apple has to give the money back, not EA. Because Apple sold the app, not EA. Currently there is no Info from which site this popup came, EA or Apple, but my money is on Apple. I don't think EA would push that notice out like that after being voted the worst company in the (western) world

Read the K link below. EA previously pulled a tetris app, only to release a different one for people to buy (again).

I still have THAT pulled Tetris app. It was not "removed" from my library or never became non-functional. I refuse to buy their new one though, and I am sure the old one will eventually stop working in some iOS update. Which I then will still not buy a new one from EA.

Edit: And I mention this to point out the huge difference here. They pulled one from the store but did not cripple it. Where as this RB situation they are clearly stating it will no longer function.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
123. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 20:13 Wolfen

Dev wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 19:24:
Wolfen wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 18:51:
Dev wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 14:45:
What? No vendor? But how am I going to collect everything I find, store it in chests, and sell it for profit? It goes against my nature not to pick up everything in sight

Heh this reminded me of what I used to do in EOB1 and 2. Found a nice room, started dropping everything in nice piles sorted out by type. I could always go back and grab something I needed. I don't know yet if this game lets you back track from level to level, but it worked great in the EOB series.
So far, yes you can travel between levels. So yeah that's a good idea. Pick a room per level or two and unload, go back if needed.

Since you can annotate the in game map (unless you are playing hardcore with no map), you can even click on the map to put a note, so you can mention where you dropped everything.

Sweet. I haven't had enough time to play. Not even past first level lol. Good to know you can go back and forth on levels.

120. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 18:51 Wolfen

Dev wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 14:45:
BTW, where can I get skulls from?
Alamar wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 14:38:
I reacted in typical old school rpg/adventure game fashion... I grabbed every shield and spear... But there is no vendor to offload this stuff heh...

I still have a bunch of crap (armor mostly) that I'll likely never use, but haven't purged yet..

-Alamar
What? No vendor? But how am I going to collect everything I find, store it in chests, and sell it for profit? It goes against my nature not to pick up everything in sight

Heh this reminded me of what I used to do in EOB1 and 2. Found a nice room, started dropping everything in nice piles sorted out by type. I could always go back and grab something I needed. I don't know yet if this game lets you back track from level to level, but it worked great in the EOB series.

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 21:47 Wolfen

Bosanac wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 21:28:
I don't get this game. Why is everyone so excited about it?

Is it turn based?

I haven't gotten to any monsters, mostly because I can't figure out how the mage works with his spells.

If its real time, how do I command 4 characters to do something without it being turn based?

I'm so very confused about this game.

Did you try the tutorial in the menu?

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 20:36 Wolfen

Krovven wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:31:
Wolfen wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 19:54:
Not that I doubt Ill love this game and think it was worth every penny. But I just realized its cheaper on Steam and I would have saved a few bucks had I not pre-ordered directly from them. I feel kind of duped.

=\

You also got a DRM free version if you pre-ordered directly from the website...So you actually got 2 copies for $12.

Hmmmmmm. I did not consider that. Good point. I just checked the link from the registration email and sure enough there it is. Thanks for the reminder. =)

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 20:24 Wolfen

nin wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:13:

Yeah, it's perfectly understandable that that wouldn't make the best first impression with potential customers.

I bought it off their web site and assumed it would be the same as the steam price...

Oh well, something to look out for next time...

Right. You get me. And I agree. Lesson learned. I bought off their site too paying through humble bundle. Either way... my weekend will now be filled with dungeon crawling. Ahhhhhh it's been years since a nice dungeon crawler like this.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 20:12 Wolfen

nin wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:07:
Well, if it makes you feel any better at all, those dollars went directly to the dev.

Oh I even emailed them directly and mentioned this. But I told them I don't want the difference. I just wanted them to know that seems like a stinker kind of thing to do. Even though I haven't played yet, I again will state it was probably worth every dollar. And from the few reactions here so far I seem to be right.

I am very happy some one made a game like this. I just hope in the future they re-evaluate these kinds of promotions.

I still can't wait to get home and play it. And awesome sauce they get every dollar. Indie Devs for the win. =)

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 19:54 Wolfen

Not that I doubt Ill love this game and think it was worth every penny. But I just realized its cheaper on Steam and I would have saved a few bucks had I not pre-ordered directly from them. I feel kind of duped.

=\

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 19:36 Wolfen

YAY!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 31, 2012, 06:33 Wolfen

I want to see the two source textures. Give me proof. (Though I can not see part of the page, may be a video or something).  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Gold
16. Re: Legend of Grimrock Gold Mar 24, 2012, 01:27 Wolfen

Of course this happens right when I am leaving the country. ugh  

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
18. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 22:23 Wolfen

Pfft. Lets just label everything that's linked to everything so were all warned about everything being linked to everything. Especially on unfounded statistics.  

658 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo