Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for charles smith

Real Name charles smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wolfen
Email wolfen@wolfenproductions.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 02:58
Total Comments 659 (Apprentice)
User ID 15906

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Police Quest and Zork on GOG.com
10. Re: Police Quest and Zork on GOG.com Jan 18, 2011, 15:59 Wolfen

nin wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 10:15:
I would die a happy man if they got ahold of the first Hero's Quest/Quest for Glory...

http://www.abandonia.com/games/979

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homefront Crunch Time
26. Re: Homefront Crunch Time Jan 17, 2011, 20:33 Wolfen

I worked crunch at every company I was at. Sometimes it was because a publisher pushed a date, sometimes it was poor management, some times it was just a bunch of the grunts faults for slacking to begin with. There are many reasons a crunch can happen. Its not JUST poor management, but poor management can be a cause alone at times as well. Overall though, its common, a little too common since over 11 years of working in that biz and every single job had some kind of crunch. Did I like it? No. Did I complain? Sometimes. Depended on why we were crunching.

I remember a job where we forced to all come in on a weekend because a different group (design) had to come in. So to make it look all "fair" we had to come in. Even though we were caught up. Kinda sucked. Silly. But what ever.

If I was working 10 hours, 7 days a week for two months. I would of left. Thats just ridiculous. I particularly believe Votypka that no one has worked 60 days with out a break. How ever, that isnt to say some one hasnt worked 30 days with out a break. =P

News Comments > Witcher 2 Preorder Response
12. Re: Witcher 2 Preorder Response Nov 22, 2010, 12:28 Wolfen

Now if they would just remove that piece of crap game they gave me for there lame stunts out of my account I might just start buying from them again.

Edit: Yeah, im that guy. =P

Edit 2: They removed the game from my account. Ill give them props for the quick response and actually taking it out. Guh. Seeing it there when ever i went to my account just reminded me of the PR stunt. And I had absolutely no interest in that game. Thankfully they complied.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2010, 14:04.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
4. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 26, 2010, 15:06 Wolfen

Id rather know if it fixes the horrid problems with new vegas and the face stuff (or is this one that will fall on the developers?)  

News Comments > The Sims 3 Expands
1. Re: The Sims 3 Expands Oct 26, 2010, 11:55 Wolfen

When doesnt the sims have an add on?  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
5. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 12:45 Wolfen

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 12:13:
That tutorial girl with her dog Chayenne or something... she disappeared after that scripted gunfight stuff. Did I miss stuff? Since I couldn't talk to her after the battle was over. Her being gone and all. Not dead. Just gone.

Its possible she fell out of the world?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Recovering_missing_NPC_in_Fallout_3

Might help if she isnt actually dead.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Patched
1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 11:31 Wolfen

If you added the mouse accel fix to your falloutprefs.ini, it now needs to go for some reason in the fallout prefs in the actual game folder. -sigh-

Wonder when theyll make up there mind which ini the game uses. I mean, the game is LAUNCHED after all.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Tools
72. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 17:58 Wolfen

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:24:
Wolfen wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 16:40:
Well since folks are still posting here. Check this out http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

Its a d3d dll that from my own testing did amazing miracles to performance. I have no idea whats different in that dx dll but It sure as hell fixed almost all of my performance problems.

It was linked to earlier, but in any case, that .dll was made (apparently) by the dev of FaceGen, and it tricks the system into thinking you have a different graphics card, and then ignores all the facial emotion stuff (which apparently destroys performance).

Supposedly, "ToggleEmotion" works just as well.

I'm still at work so I haven't tried any of this yet.

Creston

Ahh. Grew to big of a thread here so I missed the previous link. Ive tried the toggleemotion one and this dll is much better in my opinion.

News Comments > GOG.com Re-Launch Gift
15. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 16:46 Wolfen

How gloriously unsatisfying.  

68. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 16:40 Wolfen

Well since folks are still posting here. Check this out http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

Its a d3d dll that from my own testing did amazing miracles to performance. I have no idea whats different in that dx dll but It sure as hell fixed almost all of my performance problems.

38. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 10:17 Wolfen

Its fallout 3, in vegas. If you like those two. Youll be fine hehe. Just expect the usual quality of TES engine releases. Bugs, and more bugs.  

23. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 02:42 Wolfen

If any of you having problems with autosaves and quicksaves and also settings not sticking. If your using steam, id say stick to looking there. Disable its cloud based settings for that game. I removed everything from the my docs folder for the game and exited steam, then put it all back in. I havnt seen any problems since in those regards.  

News Comments > Steam Personalized Recommendations
1. Re: Steam Personalized Recommendations Oct 15, 2010, 22:46 Wolfen

Finally  

News Comments > Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners?
5. Re: Early DNF Access for All Steam Borderlands Owners? Oct 14, 2010, 11:29 Wolfen

Yeah. I have this access key as well. Found out about it on reddit a few days ago. Only purchased the original borderlands.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 1, 2010, 11:56 Wolfen

The Civ 5 post was helpful. Finding out that my 275 (and a few other nvidia cards of that same era) have trouble with the Terrain Tessellation helps. I was baffled as to why this game was such a slow down on my system since I am in the middle of the min and recommended specs.  

News Comments > Civilization V Mod Tools
4. Re: Civilization V Mod Tools Sep 30, 2010, 01:40 Wolfen

Cutter wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 23:52:
I want to see a mod based on Conan where you can build the Tree of Woe, crucify your opponents on it and win.

Laugh2 Thumbsup

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
12. Re: Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease? Sep 28, 2010, 13:34 Wolfen

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 12:07:
Does DOSBox work well? I've heard mixed results. I'd really like to play through Tie Fighter again, maybe even Syndicate.

Dosbox works great in my opinion. Not to mention you can of course tweak some of the stuff. I like to alter the scaler settings so I get quasi new graphics through blurring of pixels and such hehe. Super2xsai.

Anyways, you can check dosbox's site some where for reported compatibility and such.

News Comments > Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease?
8. Re: Wing Commander DOSBox Rerelease? Sep 28, 2010, 11:08 Wolfen

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 10:37:
I only ever managed to finish the final mission of WC once.

I remember there was a branching mission structure (depending on if you won or lost a mission), but I can't remember if there was more than one ending.

I do remember playing through the original and both expansions.

Yes, there were a few endings even in the first. I played just about every WC there was. It was one of my favorite PC games in its hay day.

News Comments > Planescape Torment on GOG.com
9. Re: Planescape Torment on GOG.com Sep 28, 2010, 11:05 Wolfen

Silent Bob wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 10:51:
Try the widescreen mod:

http://www.gibberlings3.net/widescreen/

It may not work with the GOG version of Planescape Torment yet but if it doesn't, they'll update it soon.

Just watch the gog forums. They fixed the BG widescreen in just a matter of days.

News Comments > Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 4
8. Re: Kotick vs. Schafer, Part 4 Sep 27, 2010, 19:14 Wolfen

Well, good thing I made popcorn last post.  

659 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo