Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info
28. Re: BioShock 2 DRM and GFWL Info Jan 20, 2010, 13:15 kyleb

SBlat wrote on Jan 20, 2010, 12:31:
Don't want people sharing saved games! That's almost like pirating!
Rather, they don't want people using each others saved games to boost the inane "Gamerscores" which those with particularly low self-esteem are so obsessed with. That said, I still prefer games come with GFWL for functionality it provides, and have no issue with SecuROM, but am still on the fence in regard to BioShock 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Mass Effect DLC?
4. Re: New Mass Effect DLC? Aug 21, 2009, 06:43 kyleb

Gamerscore tracks the achievement points earned by completing tasks in games. No, they aren't worth anything though, they are just there to prey on people with low self-esteem. Some of the worst cases even rent games the know are crap just to get easy points.  

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing
30. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing Aug 19, 2009, 04:41 kyleb

They've been using the same engine since call of duty 4 and the engine has also been used in other games besides COD.

They've been building off the Quake 3 engine since MoHAA, but they have done a lot tweaking and reworking to it over the years. Just watching a video of this one shows notably better lighting range, much cleaner shadowing, and far more physics detail. I've heard they added texture streaming too, allowing them to make the maps notably larger. Granted, it is no Crysis, but one can only expect so much from a multiplatform game, and at least the netcode is bound to put Crysis to shame.

As for the pricing, I have two conlifcting views on this:

I wouldn't mind so much if they kicked the price up on the console versions too, but seeing as how MS and Sony take $10 in licensing fees on the consoles, it only seems right the PC versions should stay $10.

I don't mind so much as this is a CoD game, and they've been great about giving PC gamers free content even though they charge for it on the consoles.

So yeah, I guess I'm ambivalent on the price, and will likely just go for the Walmart deal regardless.

News Comments > Why Valve Isn't Called Gearbox
2. Re: Why Valve Isn't Called Gearbox Aug 18, 2009, 00:20 kyleb

lol@the story, it's funny because it's not true.  

News Comments > More Lionhead Teasing
2. Re: More Lionhead Teasing Aug 17, 2009, 00:04 kyleb

Sounds like they are hinting at a spiritual successor to the Black & White games, as they were spiritual successors to the Populous games.

Anyway, I wonder if they will ever bring Fable 2 to the PC. Granted, I am still disappointed with them for never having bothered to fix the borked sound positioning in cut scenes in the PC port of the original, particularly since I often see stores still selling it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Editorial about Dell 2209WA Jul 28, 2009, 18:55 kyleb

Disappointing to see TechSpot falling for the common mistake of conflating response time with refresh rate.  

News Comments > Street Fighter IV in February, Resident Evil 5 on PCs
4. Re: Resident Evil 5 on PCs Nov 4, 2008, 15:54 kyleb

FAO: Capcom - not every PC owner has a joypad... Do NOT make the assumption that every PC is just a Xbox360 in a larger box...
They didn't, that is why the included keyboard controls.

Resident Evil 4 on PC was pretty damn good and definitely better than the console versions.
It is a decent port of the PC2 version, with the only notable fault being more heavly compressed video. The PS2 version's visuals are downgraded from the orignal Gamecube version though, notably the textures, lighting, and water effects.

News Comments > GTA4 to "Revitalize" GFW Live?
12. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2008, 12:48 kyleb

Yeah I think this is a requirement to get the GfWL tag. The game must support the 360 controller.
Not quite. If game developers choose to support a controller, then the game has to support the 360 controller. The GFWL games don't have to support controllers at all though.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 12:49.

News Comments > GTA 4 PC Specs
3. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2008, 13:15 kyleb

I'm betting the video card specs were intended to read "with shader model 3" but got cut off short.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 13:59.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Trailer
2. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2008, 02:45 kyleb

Maybe console footage rather than PC.

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
2. Re: GTA IV DLC Sep 4, 2008, 14:46 kyleb

It was orignally supposed to be in their fiscal Q4 2008, and got pushed back to their fiscal Q1 2009, which starts in November.

News Comments > CoD5 Betas in October
4. No subject Sep 4, 2008, 14:43 kyleb

Word?

News Comments > Halo 4 and Gearbox?
18. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2008, 13:01 kyleb

yeah, i still could not believe the pc version had lower poly models and even lower texture quality than the console version.
The PC port has the same models, and some textures were redone in higher resolution. It didn't run well on the hardware of the day though, absurd slowdowns in various places on hardware vastly superior to that of the Xbox and even at the lowest settings, due to massive overdraw.

News Comments > Halo 4 and Gearbox?
10. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2008, 11:12 kyleb

I bet they remove again coop like they did with Halo 1.
The first two Halo games were never designed for networked coop support, only split-screen. So of course coop got left out of the PC versions of those games as the vast majority of PC gamers have no interest in split-screen support. Halo 3 on the other hand was designed for networked coop, and Halo 4 is bound to do the same.

I just hope they can manage to maintain solid framerate at HD resolution with anti-aliasing and decent texture filtering, none of which Bungle could manage to accomplish with Halo 3.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 11:26.

News Comments > Small Left 4 Dead Delay
24. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 19:14 kyleb

You missunderstood Shadowcat's question. If they delayed the game to coincide with anniversary of the orignal HL, why aren't the releasing it then rather than a day later?

News Comments > ATI DirectX 10.1 Support & Demo
8. Re: ... Aug 25, 2008, 12:49 kyleb

They'll probably just skip it like they basicly did with PS1.4 and then SM2, leaving the standards with little developer support.

News Comments > Small Left 4 Dead Delay
16. Re: Smart Valve, Smart Aug 25, 2008, 12:40 kyleb

That is his point, they will stay there rather than buying L4D.

News Comments > On Rage Multithreading
23. Re: Rending? Aug 24, 2008, 05:11 kyleb

I seriously, seriously doubt that that is true, but even if it is, that still makes it worthless for gaming. Because 100% core usage is 100% core usage, whether the game is actually using it or not.
It is true, and it doesn't make anything worthless. It just keeps the processors dedicated to the task. Games have been doing that for ages, and many old games will show 100% on a core even on the latest CPUs, but then you can run another fairly CPU intesive task on the same core without slowing down the game at all.

News Comments > On Rage Multithreading
20. Re: Rending? Aug 24, 2008, 01:03 kyleb

And do you really think the PS3 version is only going to use 3 cores, too?

3? The PS3 only has one core.

True, but that's assuming that Core 1 is always precisely 100% loaded and nothing more.
A lot of games will use 100% of a core or more just keep the processors reserved for the applcation, not really making use of them.

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerilla Q&A
2. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2008, 14:17 kyleb

I played the 360 beta not expecting much, and was suprised by how incredibly lame it is.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo