Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Devastation Previews
1. No subject Feb 28, 2003, 13:27 kyleb

want demo already!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OpenSource MMO FPS Announced
17. Re: nice Feb 27, 2003, 01:01 kyleb

nope, there were a few things taken from quake2 code but all the same it is built on quake1.

News Comments > Motor City Offline
16. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2003, 13:40 kyleb

optimistic that is for sure rock climber. two things i want to comment on though. first, i belive ut had a irc client in it before tribes2. second, i think starwars galaxies is going to blow. sure they are geting input from everyone to make it apeal to the widest range of people; that is what the backstreet boys do too. i belive great things are made by small dedicated groups with a clear vison of what they want, not by mixing up everyones ideas into a big ball of blandness.

News Comments > Mac SoF2 Patch
1. No subject Feb 26, 2003, 13:28 kyleb

man a patch for sof2 on a mac; the net is going to be flooded with trafic today.

News Comments > UT2003 & C&C Generals "Indexed"
38. Re: When I Lived In The Motherland Feb 25, 2003, 22:12 kyleb

sorry to contradict you Moonbender but i have to say your bit about childern aquireing alcohol is stright up wrong. at least last time i was there back in '94 and when i lived there from '85 to '88 beer was retaly avalable from nearly ever vending machine i came across. granted it was gernealy accepted that 6 year olds should not drink but that is not to say it would be hard for one to do so. the same goes for smokeing.

News Comments > UT2003 Patch Plans
38. Re: AMD Feb 24, 2003, 19:49 kyleb

well i have you beat, i had a k6/3-450mhz chip back in the day; ran like a champ, a friend of mine still uses it.

35. No subject Feb 24, 2003, 00:20 kyleb

maybe it is a dx9 issue, i could care less though. i mean if they are going to release a game after dx9 comes out it damn well beter run on dx9. also, if the developers are going to be pompus and just say nothings wrong then they can piss off.

33. Re: All it comes down to... Feb 23, 2003, 23:30 kyleb

No, I got cheaped out on a buggy POS game that wasn't properly tested and optimized.

yep, me too and i took it back as well

also people; epic is behind unreal2 as well, logo on the box and all. man did they scew it up too. realy said part is i havent heard a word from epic and the legend guy that said they were working on it seems to be intoxiated or something because hes claiming there isnt even an issue at all:

http://ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=265114

News Comments > Epic UT2003 Bonus Pack Status
22. Re: *cough cough* Feb 23, 2003, 07:12 kyleb

very true on all counts Tanto Edge, saying all epic games that that is, i don't belive unreal2 was ready to go out the door. also i do like q3 beter than ut2k3, but not by much; and all of that is only my openion anyway.

News Comments > Devastation Preview
13. No subject Feb 22, 2003, 22:25 kyleb

ya they have a few small videos on their sight and from what i saw there the movement was top notch. i heard one of the devlopers mention that the models are intentionaly a bit low poly to aviod performace issues with slower machines; personaly, depsite the fact that i have a fast rig, i realy respect that choice. ahh, and the demo should be here within the month...

4. Re: well this quote has me excited: Feb 21, 2003, 21:15 kyleb

comming march 25 according to what i found here:

http://www.devastationgame.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=257&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gospel

and they say a demo will be out at least 2 weeks proir, so looks like it is a comming soon thing.

1. well this quote has me excited: Feb 21, 2003, 14:18 kyleb

"Imagine Unreal II, only filled without about a billion more things to interact with in the environments. Now, increase the environment sizes by a factor of ten, decrease the horrendous loading time by a factor of twenty, and then make it run smooth. Congratulations, you're playing Devastation."

News Comments > New UT2003 Demo
19. Re: Performance Feb 19, 2003, 03:38 kyleb

i got my money back on unreal2 for the same reasons as well. had to go though 5 levels of managment to do it though, absrud.

hopefuly the patch will do the game well but i would not cross my fingers. shame too, it would be prety cool if ran half way decent.

News Comments > Unofficial GTA III MP Patch
23. No subject Feb 18, 2003, 23:45 kyleb

Yakuza, they are trolls, please do not feed them.

and ya there is nothing in the eula that says what they are doing is wrong, at least not unless rockstar gets johnny chochern to do prosecution.

News Comments > Splinter Cell Patch Plans
21. No subject Feb 18, 2003, 23:41 kyleb

understood about how the framerate doesn't bother you, after all we all have our own tolerances and i would call you a fool for not buying the game if you didn't mind the framerate.

i just personally can't accept it, like i said i had to turn it down to 640x480 low everything to get an enjoyable experience from the framerate and the rest of the graphics looked like hell at that point. well it was either that or up a bit and disable eax, but i damn well want eax in a singleplayer game. again, i understand everyone has their own opinion on the matter, i just felt compelled to voice mine at this point.

also with the framerate thing, i would never suggested that a developer worry about bogged down systems when quoting specs. that would be absurd because people who run such hosed systems could obviously could care less about decent preference anyway. but for those of us who do care, they should damn well be truthful about what it takes to run the game at the generally accepted rate necessary to create the effect of smooth motion. after all the system requirements on the box are not just about what hardware it will work with but what it will work well with, and a game that runs like a slide show is not working well.

like i said, i too will be buying this game eventutaly but it is going to take a beefier processor than i need for anything else at this point, so i might as well wait. also, if anyone else thinks that low framerate is going to bother them they would do well to check out the demo before going after the real thing.

19. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2003, 20:08 kyleb

i am sorry raven but i cannot agree with you. the tv industry has a standard framerate, as does the movie industry and even cartoon animation; and from the many games i have played have seen such standards in this industry as well. also, i don't buy the argument about different system specs; each game presents a recommended system requirements and at or above those standards a person should be able to feel confident as a consumer that he can enjoy the product as a game rather than a sideshow.

also i am not after ridiculous framerates either, but that does not mean i am going to degrade my standards to levels i find unacceptable. i keep up with hardware, i have a 1900+, 9700pro, gig of pc3200 and an all around nice setup. sure game engines are going to advance over the next year, and my system specs will probably as well because i spend a good deal of time enjoying games on it. however if as the engines advance the framerate on recommend hardware falls, gaming is going to be no fun for anyone eventually.

is that what you want raven?

15. No subject Feb 18, 2003, 19:53 kyleb

well at least there are gta3 servers now as far as im conserned. it may suck now but assumeing rockstar doesn't find a way to shut them down it is bound to get beter.

also, Dantastic, i belive the possable legal issues is wat Yakuza was refering to.

12. No subject Feb 18, 2003, 17:30 kyleb

it is a shame, i was so looking forward to this game but it looks like i will have to wait quite a while longer. sure bugs are bound to happen and harware compatiblities are invedatble but publishers should not use that an an exuse to push games out the door unfished. for one thing the aa issue is abusred; they say they will fix it if:

"NVidia/ATI are able to find a way to allocate all our render targets multisample in their next driver revision (NV 43.0 may be able to do so)."

what they mean is they are hopeing nvidia and ati can find some cheap hack to pull off in their drivers inorder to alow their game to be rendered with proper respect to draw order. if they cannot pull something like this off proir to the release of the title, they damn well are not ready to release it.

also note, some people don't seem to care about decent framerate but that doesnt make the industry standard any less than 30fps. in the splinter cell demo hit f2 to bring up the command line and type "stat fps", then note your fps as you play though the game. if you can keep it over 30 you are either runing at the lowest settings you can or with one of the fastest processor on the market.

such crap, well in a year or so hopefuly they will fix the issues and i will fast enough computers will exist at a reasonable price to were i can realy enjoy the game. even more injoyable is the fact that i will be able to get it for about 10$.

10. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2003, 17:04 kyleb

#9, actuly i have to take the other stance and say; god damn that.

News Comments > 3DMark 2003
119. Re: oow I'm not the only one.. Feb 17, 2003, 06:03 kyleb

lol, you are right, it does actually run pretty good; at least in the game tests is reasonable. the second cpu test is the one where the flaming sword is so choppy it is hard to appreciate, but then again i only have an xp@1632. regardless the use of all the bumpmaping and shader effects are amazing, i remember when the tests with bump mapping was just one big square with four different maps and a moving light.

anyway, as for an upgrade, don't upgrade for a benchmark!

if you have a directx 8 capable card you are probably just fine in every game you play, if you don't and you also also have trouble running your games at the settings you would like then a anything from a 9500pro up is bound to make for a good card. as for the geforce fx; no one knows when its going to be available now anymore than we thought we did when it was supposed to be out 6 months ago. right now there is some pretty impressive reviews of "sample cards" on some major hardware sites but from where i am sitting it looks as if they are very deceptively crossing the line of journalistic integrity and into the realm of fraud. there are questions neatly tucked away in the articles that beg for answering, yet when questioned directly the authors tend to either ignore it or respond with snide comments and rhetoric. it is really sad to see the way a large company can manipulate the evidence to point to where those who are not realy looking will think that it is pointing in their favor.

personally i have little interest in the product at this point, as well as great disgust for the way it is being pushed. though hopefuly they will clean up their act and the nv35 should be interesting; not to mention coming along late this year when it will be about time for me to upgrade again.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo