Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image?
13. Re: CD Projekt RED's REDengine3 Details - The Witcher 3 Image? Feb 1, 2013, 15:19 kyleb

Aero wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 12:15:
Oh, unless that's how you were reading it. Then, nevermind.
That's clearly not how he was using it, nearly ever game is at least 64-bit rendering minimum these days, while he's reacting like CD Projekt is ushering in a new era here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Console Grand Theft Auto V in September
39. Re: Console Grand Theft Auto V in September Jan 31, 2013, 16:45 kyleb

Zarkov wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 14:36:
I actually had plans to buy a console just for that game as well, but seeing it in a store on a PS3 with choppy graphics turned me off in a major way. Still not sure if it was some PAL/NTSC problems or what the heck was happening, silky smooth it was not.
No, both the console versions had crap framerate, and the PS3 version even more so than the 360. I got a kick out of all the bitching about the performance of the PC port, as unless you had a horribly dated rig it was a considerable improvement over the console versions.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Event Friday
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Friday Jan 23, 2013, 12:38 kyleb

If anyone gets on with the developers on the PC version, please ask them to switch to Cops 'n Crooks - One for All mode, and see if they realize it will kill the lobby due to a bug that butchers everyone's framerate in spectator mode and causes the game to kick everyone for running too slow. I showed some developers the issue on a previous event in the hopes that they would patch it, but they never did, which irks me to no end as Cops 'n Crooks is a blast on the consoles, and I bought the PC version day one at full price specifically to play that gametype with decent framerate.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2013, 16:39.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2013, 04:08 kyleb

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 02:21:
Still, I don't see how this is so popular
More likely just as slow week with most everything else having recently been on sale, and Aliens Colonial Marines not out for a couple more weeks.

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
15. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 17:30 kyleb

born2expire wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 16:21:
well the current standards are crap as well. COD and BF3 both have horrible horrible netcode, only current FPS that has good netcode is CS.
I've only played a bit of the more recent CoD games on consoles over at friends' houses, but what I have played seemed reasonably solid. Granted, no up to par with the CS games and TF2, but notably better than anything Crytek and Dice have used, or the more recent stuff from Epic for that matter, dedicated servers and otherwise.

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
11. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 16:05 kyleb

Crytek's netcode has always been crap, hopefully they've done something about that for this game.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware
25. Re: Steam Hardware Jan 8, 2013, 14:45 kyleb

Quinn wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 10:58:
And like wtf_man said, there has to be a genius invention to put the comfort of the KB/M on my lap.

There is a better way.

News Comments > Valve on VR Latency
12. Re: Valve on VR Latency Jan 2, 2013, 17:38 kyleb

1badmf wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 16:48:
i don't think this guy's seen the oculus rift technology
He has. Check the video on their frontpage, about 2 minutes in.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 21, 2012, 00:07 kyleb

Yeah, it's absurd how they pretend Kinect makes voice interaction possible, as if we all hadn't had microphones for our PCs and consoles since long before Kinect came around.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Patch
18. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 05:19 kyleb

Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 16:17:
I've only played Ass Creed 2, because I was interested in the The Ship style multiplayer. However, the mouse control rendered it unplayable - has this improved? I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, possibly horrible acceleration.

2 didn't have mulitplayer, that started with Brotherhood, and it has a bit of acceleration and smoothing in muilplayer, but it works well enough. On the other hand Brotherhood single player has so much acceleration and smoothing that at least with my mouse there's only a small range of speed where turning the view actually works, and moving the mouse slower or faster than that tiny range results in hardly any movement of the view at all. Revelations fixed that for SP and kept decent in MP. I've not tried the PC version of 3 yet though, so I can't speak for that. I can say the MP is a blast, been playing on the 360 since I couldn't wait for the PC version.

News Comments > Avery to Write/Direct Wolfenstein Film
6. Re: Avery to Write/Direct Wolfenstein Film Nov 1, 2012, 22:26 kyleb

NamecaF wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 21:14:
They should have stuck to the original Wolfenstein 3D premise. Lone American hero cutting a swath through hordes of regular Nazis in a massive castle.
Perhaps you never made it that far into Wolfenstein 3D or it's just been too long since you have, but it had undead supersolders. As for adding a second protagonist, while it isn't true to the games, it gives them more means to tell the story which is arguably necessitated by the transition to a non-interactive format, much like John McClane had Sgt. Al Powell to play off of in Die Hard.

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play
10. Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Aug 31, 2012, 17:48 kyleb

Topevoli wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:40:
Makes you feel bad for the people who actually purchased this game.
Beats having hardly anyone to play with. All multilayer games with waning server populations should do this, particularly so those who did buy the games can continue getting their money's worth.

News Comments > Dishonored Voice Cast
17. Re: Dishonored Voice Cast Aug 3, 2012, 17:34 kyleb

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 16:44:
It doesn't really cost as much as you guys think to get a few lines out of someone.
According to Reuters:

Chapelsky recalls a demand by one top talent for $750,000 to do an hour's worth of voice work. He said it is common for star talent to receive in the high five figures for a single session. One star got more than $500,000 for a single session.

Given that, your "3% of the total budget" guesstimate seems at least a bit low.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
14. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 15, 2012, 12:03 kyleb

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 11:36:
And why would console kids want or even know about something like Max Payne? Rockstar was way off base with this.
Er, the previous games were on consoles too.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight
11. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 08:24 kyleb

The current gen consoles are all x64, even the Wii. The problem is that some people still run 32bit OSes, and developers/publishers apparently aren't ready to abandon that part of the market yet.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight
4. Re: Max Payne 3 PC Patch Tonight Jun 6, 2012, 04:23 kyleb

GTA4 needs a more powerful CPU than MP3 because its got a much larger environment with far more AI and physics going on. GTA 5 is bound to be the same in that regard, but being able to use AA along with the other graphical improvements to engine will be nice.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2012, 14:52 kyleb

66% off sales will do that.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 4, 2012, 14:02 kyleb

I hope Konami grows the brains to invest in new producers for Silent Hill, as these current ones even managed to butcher two of the classics in their sorry excuse for an HD Collection. As for their notions of "scare design", exhibit 1:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/terrifying-gameplay-silent-hill/728249

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
42. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 01:59 kyleb

Cram wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 00:54:
It has been 40 comments now, no one has mentioned "Logitech Keyboard Support". Am I the only one that went "wtf" with that one?
They are referring to the keyboards with the little LCD screens for showing game info like heath and ammo.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 10, 2012, 12:46 kyleb

When devs design for us they face the hindrance of a much smaller market instead, though I do wish more would make that tradeoff. Anyway, I hope we see 8gb in the next consoles, but I'd bet 4gb at most.  

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo