Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 & DX9
27. Re: wakey wakey! Sep 17, 2003, 20:31 kyleb

" I wonder how the cards would match up against each other if the FX ran FP24, or the Radeons ran FP32."

hard to say as radeons cant do fp32 and the fx can't do fp24 either. i think it is more interesting seeing how while the radeons do run in fp24, the fx cards have to scale back to fp16 and even fx12 just to be remotely competitive. another interesting piece of trivia is the fact that sofar it seems that the 5900ultra running fp32 is about equal to the 9600pro running fp24, yet costs over twice as much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 & DX9
20. Re: No subject Sep 17, 2003, 19:53 kyleb

sure Ted, that is what he has to say about games like doom3. but he is also saying that, unlike doom3, dx9 level games will have to look uglier and/or run slower on an fx.

News Comments > Steaming Ahead
34. Re: The purpose of Steam? Sep 17, 2003, 18:15 kyleb

"Its only reasons are anti-piracy and anti-cheat. ...It Only protects Valve's interest while being annoying as hell..."

umm those are my interests too, granted if you like to cheat and deprive the industry of revenue by stealing games i can see how you might be annoyed by steam. however, that is all the better because i don't want to bother with people like you on the servers anyway. as for seeing no other reason for the program, there is one very good one you are overlooking. with steam you do not have to download the whole game before playing, you can fire up the game as soon as you get the base install and the first map and the rest of the content is downloaded while you play. the server browserm, messenger and stuff are really just bonuses.
ohh and steam is doing pretty good for me, i got the cs install version and downloaded dod though steam and all went fine. only real issue i have is that friends network only wants to connect while i have a game connected but won't let me in from desktop. i am guessing that is just due to them getting accustomed to all the traffic on their system. all in all not bad for what they are trying to pull off.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 18:17.

News Comments > New Counter-Strike
3. Re: yay Sep 13, 2003, 16:49 kyleb

na it still uses steam, and it is great. the hl interface is totaly revamped and works together with steam to make everything work much better.

News Comments > AMD Quake III DLLs
34. Re: Hmm... Sep 9, 2003, 20:57 kyleb

"This is just a personal preference of mine, but I always like vsync to be turned ON. I can see the tearing effects whenever it's off, and it bothers me... Besides, what's the use of extra frames if your monitor never displays them? "

sure, but when benchmarking vsync is not exactly helpful.

News Comments > Half-Life's Steamy Future
5. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2003, 13:36 kyleb

"When we convert the userbase to Steam, a single WonID will be valid for all of the products.

If you're purchased a product from us at retail, you're going to have access to all of our products via Steam."

eh? so i don't have to buy hl2 because i already own hl?

News Comments > Jedi Academy Demo
9. Re: Sucks Sep 5, 2003, 23:37 kyleb

that is funny because i felt the same way about the ai in call of duty.

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
3. Re: damn Sep 5, 2003, 00:13 kyleb

they do have a preformace boost with aa.

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo
62. Re: Not bad Aug 30, 2003, 00:06 kyleb

same reason i didnt buy moh:aa, the ai was so stupid you would duck back to reload and they would just run around the corner single file into your fire.

News Comments > Call of Duty Demo Today - No Exclusive
176. Re: Gamespy deserves to die Aug 29, 2003, 16:32 kyleb

lol, as if it wasnt Gamespy's idea.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Q&A
15. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2003, 15:17 kyleb

man i need to find a really big rock and build a house under it...

146. Re: Single or MP Aug 29, 2003, 13:46 kyleb

was he talking about postal2 or something?

143. Re: Gamespy deserves to die Aug 29, 2003, 13:22 kyleb

some companies don't deserve to survive, and screwing with the free distribution of demos or making master server lists proprietary is something i would not mind seeing a company go down for. sure such deals might be good for gamespy but i don't see how the rest of the industry or community benefits from such practices; i am glad Activision came to the same conclusion and i hope other companies follow their lead. i thank Blue and the other people/sites that finally stood up against this crap; best i can tell anyone who cares about gaming would do the same.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies & More Date Data
20. Re: off subject, a bit... Aug 28, 2003, 00:58 kyleb

well sure but sense he said it can be moded with the wizard and he just needed updated drivers i figure that is not an issue.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Movies & More Date Data
18. Re: off subject, a bit... Aug 27, 2003, 23:09 kyleb

"I've got one of those 9500's that you can mod to a 9700 thru the wizzard mod"

you might want to look into hard-moding it, after that you will have no worries.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: TRON 2.0
11. Re: Tron gamin' Aug 26, 2003, 15:41 kyleb

never been able to play lightcycles from first person view before, and it is a whole new game that way.

also, i got mine at eb yesterday as well, they said they started putting them out on saturday.

News Comments > John Carmack Interview
30. Re: eh? Aug 22, 2003, 17:16 kyleb

"For example take Operation Flashpoint..."

no kidding, i bought the game but never even really bothered to play it as resting the controls for my left handedness was such a pain in the ass.

News Comments > Battle Engine Aquila for the PC
2. Re: WOW!! Aug 20, 2003, 23:33 kyleb

lol, the iso has already been floating around for at least a month acording to the warez gosip i hear on various forums.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 23:33.

News Comments > EF2 Mod Competition
3. Re: heh Aug 20, 2003, 15:08 kyleb

bah, patch multiplayer already; then people might be intrested in playing the game online.

News Comments > Unreal 2 MP Beta Sign-ups
19. Re: Why? Aug 20, 2003, 12:43 kyleb

well that and intrest in xbox live support for the upcoming console version of the game. hopefully it all turns out well, the sp game really was decent aside from the horrible performance which they already fixed, with a decent multiplayer component i might actually be able to recomend the game to people, on pc or xbox.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo