Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Raided
73. Re: who where and the what now? Feb 5, 2004, 04:42 kyleb

What about "loser hand held game designer just married for the fourth time to a 18-year old romanian girl who he's been hitting on since she was 15 and he's twice her age Romero?"

I dunno if I see to be the only one that caught this tidbit, since I didn't see it posted here, but Romero just went to Romania to marry this girl he's been internet dating. Pretty sad stuff.

you forgot to mention that she bares a disturbing resemblance to John Carmack.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > URU Live Dead
20. Re: Wishful thinking Feb 4, 2004, 22:35 kyleb

hu, connecting to the server should have never been an issue if he had an account and password set up. i was commenting on the fact that the main location of the prolouge, the city, was constantly full. it doesn't make any sense that they could say there was not as many subscribers as they had intended, when anyone who did subscibe knows damn well that there was not enough space for us in the game anyway. it simply can't be both ways.

16. Re: Wishful thinking Feb 4, 2004, 22:18 kyleb

it was also a technical disaster. in the main part of the game, the city, only 30 player slots were avalabe on each shard. it is absurd that they even atempt to complain that they didn't have enough subsribers when the city was packed on all the shards at any hour of the day and night and you had to be lucky and have a fast connection just to get in. once you got in, you were bound to get no more than ~15fps regardless of your system specs or minimal graphical settings, even while staring into a corner. things laged to a full stop on a regular basis. of course uru live couldn't draw more of a crowd, it was packed as it was an there was hardly anything appealing about it to justfy recomending it to others.

i seriously think there needs to be a class action suit brought up ofer this inorder to deter ubi from pulling such crap again.

3. Re: kinda sad Feb 4, 2004, 19:53 kyleb

ya the multiplayer was still in beta despite what was advertise on the box.

class action suit anyone?

News Comments > ARKANE's Source Game Plans
31. Re: Mods aren't an acronym Feb 3, 2004, 15:46 kyleb

MOD = Mutually "O"ssured Development ?

News Comments > Unreal II XMP Support
13. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2004, 16:32 kyleb

what the hell do you mean no? obviously we were talking about hostage rescue maps. for bomb maps you do get points for a sucuesful plant or defuse.

News Comments > Unreal II XMP Support
11. Re: support it like a bra Jan 23, 2004, 15:51 kyleb

"I still remember being on the CS boards back in the third beta, petitioning for a scoring system like this. Kills count, but touching scientists count even more, and rescuing them counts most of all. If touching a scientist got you 5 points, and returning them got you 15, people would actually try that instead of wasting 5 minutes trying to find the last T."

that would suck even more as all the score whores would never want to play as ts and cts would be constantly stealing hostages from eachother.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 15:52.

News Comments > Gray Matter Lives
29. Re: I like Gray Matter Jan 23, 2004, 14:46 kyleb

lol Beamer, that is a pretty sorry excuse for not liking rtcw then as the options menu lets you pick from like 8 different crosshairs.

News Comments > Gray Matter Lives
26. Re: I like Gray Matter Jan 22, 2004, 22:57 kyleb

ya, i would go so far as to say that Gray Matter has the best artists in the indusrty.

News Comments > Third-Person Thief III
31. Re: Immersion is the key Jan 22, 2004, 18:05 kyleb

MacD, ya i do some 3d work and am familiar with negitive lighting. it doesnt make anything "lit" at all, it negates lighting just as the name implies. "dimly lit" would be an appropriate phrase to describe the overall effect of the proper use negitive lighting.

News Comments > Third-Person Thief III
7. Re: Immersion is the key Jan 22, 2004, 16:25 kyleb

"darkly lit"

nice oxymoron. they are so stupid they can't even make proper use of the english language and judgeing from the quality of the textures in those screenshots it seems they can't make use of the unreal engine any better.

News Comments > CoD Patch Status
7. Re: cheats Jan 21, 2004, 01:27 kyleb

"they actually thought they had addressed the cheating issue initially by making any modified pk3 files unusable on servers that ran "pure"..."

that has been around sense the q3 engine came out, but it wasn't enough for q3 or any game sense then so it makes no sense that it should be any different for cod.

"ut this also makes it impossible to place user maps in your main folder and join a pure server"

so not only did they fail to see the need for more cheat protection but they also borked q3's built in cheat protection? nice.

"(as well as the issue of not being able to place more than 4 or 5 maps at a time in your main , and still run stable )"

let me guess, they have all their assests spread out over a huge number of .pk3 files so just 4 or 5 maps pushes you over the built in limit?

News Comments > FBI Half-Life 2 Raids
74. Re: Anybody with... Jan 20, 2004, 01:45 kyleb

"I still thinks HL2 would've been delayed and wasn't as near ready as valve let on."

we are all intitled to our opinions but obviously ati thought it was near ready seeing as how they gave valve 6mill for a packageing deal and i think ati was in a much better postion to access the situation than you.

News Comments > Legend Closure & XMP Patch Follow-ups
11. Re: No SDK for multi either I expect... Jan 17, 2004, 17:20 kyleb

what do you mean no sdk? the game shiped with unrealed which is basicly all that it takes to develop mods for unreal based games. the addion of multiplayer does nothing to change this.

News Comments > Legend Closed?
41. Re: Aquire Jan 17, 2004, 13:14 kyleb

ya art is what makes it beautiful, the engine just makes it run. also, Legend did touch the engine and severly borked the occulling system which didn't get fixed until the patch 3 months later. worst yet, for most of that three months they argued that the preformace was just fine and there was nothing to fix.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 13:15.

News Comments > Legend Closed?
21. Re: Unreal 2 sucked? Jan 17, 2004, 02:22 kyleb

" And with all settings cranked at 1600x1200 resolution it runs like a dream on my rig. "

but try running the game without the patch that took them 3 months to release. i returned the game it ran so bad, im talking 640x480 with everything on off or low and i still got framerates diping into the low 20s. this was with a 1900+ and a 9700pro.

News Comments > Steam in the Morning
1. wow... Jan 15, 2004, 01:34 kyleb

they finaly fixed the looping sound bug!

News Comments > Painkiller Leak & Demo Plans
8. Re: quakenet channel Jan 5, 2004, 15:22 kyleb

"hi chaps, blatent advert here but come join us in #painkiller.euro on quakenet for news and pickups when the demo gets released "

gonna be hard to have pickups with a single player demo isn't it?

News Comments > Half-Life Hostile Intent
9. Re: No subject Dec 31, 2003, 22:52 kyleb

lol Hump, did you bother to turn of steam before installing? it instaled just fine on my setup. as to wether it is so fucking hard for moders to make seperate .exes for mods; it is actually fucking impossable so quit complaining.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Screenshots
17. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2003, 16:23 kyleb

he is full of it, hl2 will be ready for the pc just as soon as they can pull it off. oh, and the screenshots look great.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo