Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > ATI/Counter-Strike 2 Bundle?
59. Re: PS3.0 May 10, 2004, 21:39 kyleb

Especially I don't get Valves decision to go with fp24 instead of 32.

that is compleatly incorrect.

So perhaps I'm biased ;p.

not only biased, but wrong.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: PS3.0 May 10, 2004, 15:29 kyleb

according to Valve tf2 is still in the works. i wouldn't lay any money in it ever comeing out, but apperently they still are.

This comment was edited on May 10, 15:30.

26. Re: H-L 2 promo May 10, 2004, 15:04 kyleb

most of the time that stuff is marketing bs, but for for hl2 and doom3 don't think so. Valve said that they offered the deal to ati first because ati's hardware ran their game better , and while i don't know that this is true i don't see any reason to doubt it. as for doom3, nvidia goes to great lengths to make sure their hardware does what Carmack wants it to do, and this is bound to show in Carmack's new engine just like it did in the previous ones.

News Comments > Splinter Cell 3
22. Re: No subject May 10, 2004, 15:00 kyleb

ya those screenshots look pretty bad, but at least they don't have the legoman shadow thing going on from Pandora Tommorow.

24. Re: H-L 2 promo May 10, 2004, 14:40 kyleb

See now I was told 40% faster then 6800u.. I didn't twist his words.. I just heard them second hand.

yah, i wasn't accusing you of doing the twisting, only falling for the misinformation.

As to the fp24, did you realize the next DX9 requires fp32?

more misinformation; the dx9.0c calls for different precisions based on was shader model is being used. ps3.0 calls for fp32 as a minimum for full precision and fp24 for partial precision hints. however in dx9.0c still leaves full precision at fp24 for ps2.0 so the idea it requires fp32 is completely baseless.

Thats what makes me wonder why valve doesn't support it, and it's just a coincidense that ATI still chooses to support fp24, but nVidia doesnt, when all the next gen technology requires it.

valve has said that it plans to incorporate ps3.0 and therefor full precision shaders that require fp32, so your comment here is completely off base as well.

That and ATI is doing all kinds of bundles with valve games.

and here we see how flawed information leads to flawed conclusions. seriously, there is no point in geting bent out of shape over a bunch of missguided speculation, just calm down, take a deep breath and go hug your geforce or something.
This comment was edited on May 10, 14:43.

16. Re: H-L 2 promo May 10, 2004, 13:24 kyleb

wow Fion, nice bunch of hatred spawned by misconception you have going there. first off, valve isn't using 24bit color, they are using dx9 shaders which ms requires to run at full precision with at least fp24. nvidia cards will run at the closest thing they have to meeting those requirements when full precision is needed, and fp16 when allowed by partial precision hints. this is how dx9 works and vavle is not doing anything different than anyone else in this situation. as for Gabe's comments about the speed of the x800, he never said it was 40% faster than the 6800u. Gabe said:

In terms of performance, it's pretty fast," said Gabe Newell, president of Valve Software, the developer of Half-Life II. "When I say 'pretty fast' I mean that its 40 percent faster in internal testing, faster than any next-generation parts that are coming out. That's a huge advantage in developing a game."

people have twisted that around to say it means 40% faster than the 6800u, but Gabe was clearly mentioning the 40% in relation to the last generation of hardware.

as for the inquirer's claims of cs2 vouchers coming with the x800, i'd bet money that it will never happen.

This comment was edited on May 10, 13:25.

News Comments > More on the H-L2 Date
53. Re: HL2 May 5, 2004, 13:32 kyleb

ya the readme says ps3.0 is in the latest patch and the screenshots that compared ps3.0 to low quality settings look nice. unfortunally, it seems all the dx9 nvidia cards have image quality trouble with the game and the patch, includeing the 6800s.

News Comments > Painkiller MP Demo May 3
22. Re: Rollercoaster of Thrills, Suckass Apr 21, 2004, 06:17 kyleb

i just find the texture quality a bit poor, especially on the models.

News Comments > Kingpin Sequel Planned
38. Re: Favorite Taunts Apr 15, 2004, 18:26 kyleb

It ended up being 3 less-than-one-minute loops of CH instrumental noodling in the background.

just checked the cd, there are 6 tracks, all between 3 and 4 minutes. the first 3 are full fledged songs and the second three are instrumental versions of the first 3.

also, whoever said the game needs smothing special besides dm and ctf, bagman is somewhat like ctf but different enough to make it a whole new experiance for all but the few that played it in the orignal kingpin. those that did play bagman will surely be back as it is an absolutely great gametype.

i have 3 requests for this game, bagman, voice comunication built in, and the doom3 engine. if they can pull that off they will surely have my money.

News Comments > GeForce 6 Announced
113. Re: I wonder Apr 15, 2004, 01:42 kyleb

it is foolish to say that becuase someone is quite weathy they arn't doing things for money, many weathly people do things to make a profit all the time. that said, i doubt Carmack is in it for the money, more likely he is just happy to have all the new hardware features to play with as nvidia has a habbit of adding things to hardware at his requst. granted, he also opted for a 5800u over the 9700pro despite how the stack up for us gamers, but he is a developer so his intrests are different.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 01:42.

News Comments > GeForce 6 Announced
82. Re: Bla Apr 14, 2004, 18:52 kyleb

august 2002 is when i got my 9700pro, i think it was about 7 months before that when the geforce4s came out.

News Comments > Painkiller CD Woes
30. Re: Where have we seen this before? Apr 9, 2004, 13:56 kyleb

Even to play legitimately it is better to run with the crackers.

that is just the way The Man does things, he is always looking after them damn crackers.

News Comments > April Fooling, Part 1
42. Re: April Fools Apr 2, 2004, 06:54 kyleb

is the multiplayer beta part of the download? i didn't see how you get in a multiplayer game.

but ya nin, it is very cool. i'm more of a fps fan than a text adventure guy, but it was wild reading the descriptions and imagining myself actually in the game.

News Comments > April Fooling, Part 1
29. Re: April Fools Apr 1, 2004, 16:30 kyleb

IF Quake is no joke, i played some of it.

News Comments > SC: Pandora Tomorrow Patch
10. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2004, 16:24 kyleb

its french, i looked it up with google.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch Update
32. Re: Nonicknameforme Mar 26, 2004, 13:23 kyleb

like i said, quick saveing thouch console screws up the compass. they probably didn't care about this liked the idea of no quicksave but had enough complaints that now they are working out a way to add it.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch Update
28. Re: Nonicknameforme Mar 26, 2004, 05:11 kyleb

quick saveing thought the console screws up the compass, i'd imagine thats what is going to take them so long to patch it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Far Cry, Sacred & CSI: Dark Motives
52. Re: FarCry Mar 25, 2004, 13:43 kyleb

there are boars and fish as well.

News Comments > Pandora Tomorrow Saturday
5. Re: Saturday? Mar 24, 2004, 21:19 kyleb

i have been playing the retail version on my pc, multiplayer is down right amazing.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: Far Cry, Sacred & CSI: Dark Motives
17. Re: blah blah Mar 24, 2004, 15:37 kyleb

i just finished the first level of the full game and i can already say that the game advances everything in genre. the demos do not do it justice. oh and i started with some multiplayer, i saw lots of beta testers bitching about bad netcode but it is great. this game is all around top notch, everything have been looking forward to in hl2 has already been delivered with far cry.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo