Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Status
49. Re: Conspiracy Theory 101 Sep 7, 2004, 21:23 kyleb

It is free even if you don't own a vavle game, but the only free game on it is Codename Gordon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SWAT 4 Update
23. Re: does anyone care...? Sep 5, 2004, 04:33 kyleb

There are a few screenshots at 3dgamers, looks great:

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/swat4/1.html

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Preloads
28. Re: Steam Torrent Sep 3, 2004, 03:09 kyleb

Honestly, why don't they just turn Steam into one giant Bit-Torrent network. If they were that worried about bandwith, they could use the bandwith from all those kidddies who are connected to steam 24/7. If they decide to use a portion of steam that would require their upload bandwith, the bit-torrent service could be temporarily stopped.

Bandwith should be a non-issue.

Pretty sure they thought about it, they even hired the guy who wrote bit-trorrent. However, there is a problem with the idea as some people get chagred for uploading and possable other issues too, so i think they scrapped it.

News Comments > Stargate SG-1 Q&A
13. Re: Too much Teal'c Aug 30, 2004, 13:58 kyleb

Atlantis is okay. I really hate that lady in charge. She's so boring, whiny and uninteresting. Bad casting. I hope she dies soon.

just goes to show how things can be a matter of opinion, i think she is the best part of the show.

News Comments > Steam Update
8. Re: What I want to know is.. #4 Aug 22, 2004, 16:45 kyleb

So Condition Zero was available via Steam before it hit store shelves?

And HL2 will also be available before it hit shelves via Steam?

no and no. they released cz the same day it came out in store s and i am sure it will be the same with hl2. better off buying it in a store as it will cost the same and you can use steam with the store bought copy all you want, but you can't have the disks and manual and stuff if you buy though steam.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Steam Preloads
26. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2004, 14:04 kyleb

I would hope most of you arent tooling around in 8 gig drives anymore.

well i should hope not as my steam directory is nearly half that and i don't even have half the games for it installed.

News Comments > Until Uru Launches
8. Re: What is really sad.... Aug 10, 2004, 14:36 kyleb

hell, you even have to pay $5.95 for the privlage of hosting a server. ubi has to take the cake for the most stupid moves in game publishing ever.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Flare & Duct Tape Mods
27. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2004, 23:24 kyleb

here is a little mod to make your plasma and rockets give off a glow kind of like the imp fireballs and bfg do, though not as big as the bfg and with the right colors to match the projectiles of course:

http://www.sunflower.com/~kyleb/wepglow.zip

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 23:25.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Flare & Duct Tape Mods
4. Re: Aug 8, 2004, 12:27 kyleb

grenades work great, just stand back and bounce them in to eneimies as they blow up on contact. they take out the bigger guys easy.

News Comments > American McGee & Romero
16. Re: oz Aug 3, 2004, 13:16 kyleb

American McGee's Oz lives on GameSpot has a follow-up on the report that quoted American McGee as saying Carbon6's Oz game is "dead in the water" (story), refuting the premise that the game is no longer being pitched, reporting that "McGee said the Xbox version of the game, which is loosely based on the Wizard of Oz books, is being shopped around to publishers." The story quotes American as saying: "We're not going to consider Oz dead until every other extension to it is dead."

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=47456

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Imminent?
44. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2004, 23:37 kyleb

VU has to know that they can only sell HL2 simply for singe-player purposes. Just as for CS:CZ, Steam is going to be required for any multiplayer gaming. I plan on getting HL2 through Steam.

steam is required to play online, but you get access to steam with the full boxed version. really, unless valve offers a discount for online purchases you are better of buying it from the store.

News Comments > More on Creative and DOOM 3
86. doh, i got b3d slashdoted Jul 28, 2004, 19:56 kyleb

i posted on b3d to get the skiny on this after i saw Blue's post from the other day, here http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14428

then Rev emailed Carmack and made a news post on response, now Slashdot picked up the story and i can't read my favorite forum.

News Comments > Sherlock Holmes Demo
2. no shit. sherlock? Jul 28, 2004, 19:42 kyleb

hope there is a cocaine induced halucination section to the game.

News Comments > Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Patches
5. Re: Multi where it's at! Jul 28, 2004, 19:10 kyleb

ya, multiplayer is great fun. pretty glitchy even after all the patchs but still great fun. hopefully the fix for the teliport glitch also manages to stop the stuck in a box glitch; it seems like all a part of the same flakey netcode anyway.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 19:10.

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
26. Re: No subject Jul 27, 2004, 22:05 kyleb

i'm kinda dissapointed as i still run ME on my second rig and was hopeing to have some 1v1 lan action with it, but i don't forsee myself chucking out cash for a second copy of xp.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Gets Creative
112. for those who were wondering: Jul 27, 2004, 21:50 kyleb

The patent situation well and truly sucks.

We were prepared to use a two-pass algorithm that gave equivalent results at a speed hit, but we negotiated the deal with Creative so that we were able to use the zfail method without having to actually pay any cash. It was tempting to take a stand and say that our products were never going to use any advanced Creative/3dlabs products because of their position on patenting gaming software algorithms, but that would only have hurt the users.

John Carmack

http://www.beyond3d.com/index.php#news14459

personally, i wish he would have taken this as a reason to stick it to creative; somebody needs to break up the monopoly they have.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Benchmarks Follow-up
128. Re: WaltC & Hellbinder Jul 25, 2004, 16:54 kyleb

actually it can't really tell when colored mip map testers are taking place, it can only tell that the colored mip maps are so different that true trilinar filtering is needed. it does the same thing without colored mip maps, hence the reason there is no need for a manual option.

News Comments > Counter Strike: Source Beta Plans
12. Re: Who cares Jul 24, 2004, 18:54 kyleb

cz kicks ass, and you can get it shiped from newegg for like 28$.

49. Re: reviews Jul 24, 2004, 17:12 kyleb

And as far as "fudging" and "optimizations"... ATI are the biggest assholes in that respect since they pointed the finger first at nVidia, then shut-up and looked like asholes when they were found out "optomizing" as well.

actually, the first on the pointing the finger thing goes to nvidia for "quacked"; a little glitch in a set of ati drivers that messed up a few textrues in quake on the 8500 which nvidia tried to pin on ati as cheating.

43. Re: reviews Jul 24, 2004, 16:56 kyleb

Perhaps you can Find a QUOTE from camack suggesting "fudging"? There isnt any.

lol Hellbinder!

the quote is right here: http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy

The benchmarking was conducted on-site, and the hardware vendors did not have access to the demo before hand, so we are confident that there is no egregious cheating going on, but it should be noted that some of the ATI cards did show a performance drop when colored mip levels were enabled, implying some fudging of the texture filtering.

as you said:
Way to pull crap out of your ass buddy.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo