Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > MMO S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? M.a.y.b.e.
16. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2007, 18:23 kyleb

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Stalker, but the game's netcode is a joke. Even with a ~50 ping on a server full of people with ~50 ping, everyone warps around like mad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher Demo
26. Re: loading times Dec 15, 2007, 04:09 kyleb

I haven't seen any unreasonable load times so far. Starting the demo and loading my save right after the intro to Act I took just over 25 seconds, and walking in and out of the tavern there takes 3 and 4 seconds respectively. Granted, this is with 4GB in Vista64, perhaps that makes the difference?

News Comments > Free BCM Gold and Universal Combat Coming
23. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2007, 03:34 kyleb

I'm not impressed with the screenshots from the new game. I expect more from a man with a Ph.D.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Q&A
19. Re: Accuracy Dec 11, 2007, 05:24 kyleb

If you got any of the Wishmaster endings it is becuase you didn't truely complete the game.

News Comments > UT3 Beta Patch Change Log
24. Re: Missing From The Changelog Dec 9, 2007, 23:26 kyleb

I hope Epic gets their support together. It would be nice if some day the PC version of Gears of War supported surround sound.

News Comments > UT3 Beta Patch Change Log
20. Re: ... Dec 9, 2007, 20:40 kyleb

It helps sure, but large user base is far more atractive. Not much point in moding for a game most people seem to be passing over.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Troll in the room Dec 5, 2007, 15:57 kyleb

*sits back at his Playstation 3 continues to get constant upgrades and doesn't have to worry about paying for the Playstation Network*
And here I'd happly pay Sony $5 a month for complete access to my firends list in every game and dedcated voice servers for every game. As far as I'm conserned XBL is well worth the price compared to the weak online support we currently have on our PS3s.

News Comments > BioShock Content Coming
35. huh Dec 1, 2007, 16:47 kyleb

I hope this patch allows us to remap the L button. Being left handed, L is my move backwards button, which is a bit hard to play without.

News Comments > Gears of War Patched
12. Re: Tears Of Bore . . . dom PC Nov 29, 2007, 02:13 kyleb

Still no surround sound?

News Comments > Gears of War and Windows LIVE Issue
23. Anyone got surround sound? Nov 7, 2007, 22:12 kyleb

I'm getting just plain stero sound in this game and the UT3 beta demo, while 5.1 works fine elswhere. This is with a X-fi in Vista64. If you do proper multichannel sound, could you tell me what is listed in your WarEngineUserSettings.ini under "[ALAudio.ALAudioDevice]"?

Mine just has this:

UseEffectsProcessing=True
DeviceName=Generic Software

News Comments > Gears of War and Windows LIVE Issue
11. Re: vert- Nov 7, 2007, 15:18 kyleb

Both Gears and Bioshock were designed to target 16:9 widescreen; meaning, the view those games give at 16:9 is the intended view while narrower aspect ratios like 16:10, 4:3 and 5:4 are all vert+ from that. Granted, Bioshock does have an absurdly narrow FOV in widescreen by default, but that because that is the FOV developers wanted the game to run at, a consolish FOV like the Halo games. The views in Gears aren't nearly so cramped.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. No subject Nov 2, 2007, 03:11 kyleb

Heh, Pro Logic is a function of the reciver, it works on any stereo signal whether it was encoded to benift from it or not. Apparently GH3 on the Wii is mono.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Released
35. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2007, 14:54 kyleb

I've seen Sweeny say that DX10 allows for AA with their differed rendering, though I'm guessing that isn't an option in the demo?

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Demo
69. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 20:17 kyleb

Only complaint is due to the Unreal 3 engine, Area 51, this and Gears of War make it pretty obvious it uses the game engine just from the renderer.
It doesn't use UE3 though. I'm guessing they are actually still building from the same Q3 engine the used in their previous CoD games, though obviously highly modified at this point.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 versus Mac Round II
36. Re: Pitty I cannot give Valve my money until Oct 8, 2007, 13:38 kyleb

Not true, you can always just create a new Steam account to give Valve money though.

News Comments > UT3 Collector's Edition Details
5. Re: ... Sep 23, 2007, 13:37 kyleb

I buy some for the sake of supporting developers and games that I am particularly fond of. Granted, it is mostly a token gesuture than anything considering how little the devleopers get out of what I pay, but I figure it still counts for something.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Delayed
10. Re: Bummer! Sep 22, 2007, 02:08 kyleb

It was just deathmatch!
Actually Far Cry has a really good assault gametype, but unfortunatly hardly anyone played it.

News Comments > ETQW Preview, Movie
15. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2007, 21:16 kyleb

Looks like acutal gameplay footage to me, don't see any reason to suspect anything but.

News Comments > Sam & Max Season 2 Details
2. Re: Finally Aug 29, 2007, 12:25 kyleb

Widescreen! Thank you!

News Comments > BioShock SM 2.0 Progress
4. Re: Great Aug 29, 2007, 12:24 kyleb

The x1300 is "better" than a x800 because it is DirectX9.0c compliant, which is noted on the system requirements for the game. Granted, it isn't faster, but it is built on newer technology.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo