Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Audiosurf Presales
6. I played the demo Feb 12, 2008, 04:30 kyleb

Cool game, shame the widescreen support is just streched 4:3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2008, 00:36 kyleb

Heh, yeah, good luck with that. You couldn't get a copy of San Andreas for love or money around here for weeks until after it shipped.
Wild, I've never seen a decent store that didn't have stacks of big releases like GTA:SA, often times in their own big cardboard displays between isles. But then I guess I aviod stores that scam money though pre-orders.
I think that the two days of interest over my 5 dollar pre-order will amount to exactly 0.0102 cents. I consider that their fee for giving me a call and asking me to please not inflict physical harm on them - your game is here.
Sure, a penny or so a person every couple of days, which adds up to thousands upon thousands of dollars when stores take preorders on games that aren't even completed yet an won't come out for months, as is the case with GTAIV.
This comment was edited on Feb 12, 00:38.

9. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2008, 17:59 kyleb

Bats, you finally preorder?
Why anyone would bother preodering something that obviously isn't going to be supply limited, such as a high-profile game, is beyond me. The manufctures can print up and ship as many copies as they like, and will happily ship more than what will sell though in the first few days.

Preordering such items is like voluntarily providing corporate wellfare. You'd be better off putting the money in a bank to earn interest off it yourself rather than giving it to some store which will just do the same for themselfs.

News Comments > The Club Demo
9. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 20:48 kyleb

it's closer to a sports game more than anything else.
It would be better called Project Gotham Shooting.

News Comments > The Club Demo
4. Re: Feb 10, 2008, 16:32 kyleb

Third person, not first-person.

News Comments > Multi-GPU Issues
22. Re: Curious about SLI Feb 10, 2008, 04:39 kyleb

For now, High details looks incredible enough - absolutely destroying everything else out there. And with a Core 2 and an 8800, perfectly playable at high resolutions.
If you consider framerates worse than these "perfectly playable":

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ1NSw1LCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

Personally, I call that barely playable, far from perfect.

News Comments > Gold - The Club
6. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2008, 17:00 kyleb

I played the 360 demo and I think the game would be better titled Project Gotham Shooting, as you run around various courses rack up combo and style points much like you while drving in PGR games. Execpt in the PGR games the driving feels solid, where as in The Club movement feels trying to run though mud.

News Comments > FlatOut Ultimate Carnage Coming to PCs
8. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2008, 15:16 kyleb

Hopefully they get widescreen right this time.

News Comments > Crysis Patch Plans
18. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Feb 1, 2008, 13:30 kyleb

And what's wrong with 30fps in a singleplayer game?
It is the fact that it drops considerably lower in the considerably more intensive moments of the game which aren't shown in the videos which is the probem. And that goes for multiplayer as well.

News Comments > Crysis Patch Plans
16. Re: Here's a good bug to fix Feb 1, 2008, 02:26 kyleb

No, that's the $900 dollar machine.
That barely keeps 30fps in videos of less intensive moments of the game, and in stretched widescreen at that. And they didn't even have enough confidence in their machine's results to record the videos with the framerate counter running, let along post benchmark results.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Nude Buttocks Jan 27, 2008, 17:40 kyleb

Actually, our skin is an excretory organ, we sweat out it. Hardly offensive to any rational person though.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
10. Re: Crysis Jan 10, 2008, 18:39 kyleb

Claiming monitor resolutions are what cause the game to run slow is nonsense when I specificly was talking about framerate at 640x480. And pushing less pixels does improve the framerate in GPU bound situations, it just doesn't keep the game from dropping into the 20's on anything but the most beastly rigs.

8. Re: Crysis Jan 10, 2008, 15:18 kyleb

The problem is not just the cards, it is the monitors. For most LCD's to look any good you need the native resolution. So people are having to run at crazy high resolutions, and try and throw on serious amounts of AA and AF on top of that.
Nonesnse, I was asking about 640x480, no AA or AF. And if your X2/7800gt setup can do that at medium settings and never drop below 30fps it is magic, as I've seen an number of far more powerful rigs that still drop into the 20s at points with those settings.

5. Re: Crysis Jan 10, 2008, 08:57 kyleb

Cevat Yerli: I definitely think that we need to continue to educate gamers about our settings. As we've been saying all along, Crysis looks and runs great on medium and high settings on gaming rigs that are 2-3 years old.
I chalenge anyone tp present a 2 year old rig that can hold a constant 60fps in Crysis, even at straight medium settings, even at 640x480. Best I can tell, the man is dillusional.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Trailer
3. Re: No subject Jan 9, 2008, 03:26 kyleb

Hence the "&" obviously.

News Comments > Epic Q&A
12. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2008, 17:27 kyleb

They should have asked him why the PC version of Gears of War doesn't support surround sound.

News Comments > Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Demo
14. Re: System Requirements??? Jan 7, 2008, 15:57 kyleb

I'm not getting low framerate, but around a quarter of a second pause every few seconds with decent framerate otherwise even with everything cranked. Other games run fine though. Anyone else see such pausing in this demo?

13. Re: MGS4 for 360 Jan 3, 2008, 16:04 kyleb

Cutscenes don't take much space in MGS games, they are all done with the game engine in real time.

News Comments > NVIDIA ForceWare Beta for UT3
8. Re: Don't understand Dec 31, 2007, 16:00 kyleb

But do these drivers actually do anything like that? From what I've seen the releases generally just add a few FPS or so to some benchmarks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2007, 04:32 kyleb

Actually - the US has a TON to LOSE! We (the US) were actually PRO BHUTTO! We have vested billions of dollars recently against Musharaff and his sexist and hitler type ways.
Eh? We never gave Butto any serious support, the billions we have sent to Pakistain have gone to Musharaff's regime.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo