Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: No GoW2 demo Apr 20, 2008, 18:12 kyleb

I've got quite a few online friends who likely would have bought the first had there had been a multiplayer demo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Origin Trailers
11. Re: Consolitis Apr 19, 2008, 19:45 kyleb

I don't think the engine is the issue, Condemned 2 looks notably better, arguably one of the best looking games on consoles.

News Comments > Alone in the Dark Demo Next Month
3. Re: Don't forget the PS3! Apr 14, 2008, 13:30 kyleb

Someone asked about a demo on their forums and they responded to the question, seems reasonable to me.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Harmonix is FOS Apr 9, 2008, 12:37 kyleb

Sure, they can't do DLC for the Wii because it doesn't support HDDs, as if SD cards can't hold dozens of songs.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in August
8. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 14:39 kyleb

I'm guessing he means he aprecates how the accuracy was effected by stance and recoil, as well as the visual representation of the recoil and the muzzle flashes and sound effects. I know I do, and I'm anxiously looking forward to more.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 DIPRIP
12. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2008, 19:57 kyleb

That doesn't seem like much of an argument considering the game already has aimable weapons but no mouse steering.

10. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2008, 18:23 kyleb

Huh, turns out the stuttery vehicle movement was just when I host my own game, joining others is smooth.

7. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2008, 13:54 kyleb

Turning the vehicles stutters a lot. The framerate is fine, and swinging the view around is smooth, it's just the vehicle turning which is rough. Anyone not having this issue with the demo?

News Comments > Beta NVIDIA Drivers for Crysis
18. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:53 kyleb

20 fps isn't completely unplayable. Just barely playable
20fps is barely playable, 21fps average with lows dropping into the single digits is torture.

News Comments > Beta NVIDIA Drivers for Crysis
15. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 17:51 kyleb

According to this, the 174.16 drivers almost double performance in Vista.

http://games.tiscali.cz/news/news.asp?id=26428&r=top

Not sure how reliable that is or if it applies to XP.
At completely unplayable framerates, I doubt it applies very well to anyone.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 17:54.

News Comments > Revised Gears of War Patch
3. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2008, 15:42 kyleb

I'm glad to see they are at least doing something to support the game, maybe someday they might even patch the game to support surround sound.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
5. Re: Sure, I'll elaborate... Feb 27, 2008, 14:07 kyleb

No AI - Germans just stand there waiting for you to shoot. Then the same animation plays for every death.
In the few minutes I played the demo, one kept shooting somewhere off into the distance as I laided into his back, never turning around despite the absurd number of rounds it took to bring him down.

News Comments > DX10 Assassin's Creed Faster Than DX9
7. Re: LOL Feb 25, 2008, 22:36 kyleb

I did every single mission until the fourth assasination, but by then, couldn't take doing exactly the same things over and over again any more.
They are adding 4 new investigation mission types to the PC version which should help a bit, but the game does have a very repetitive structure in general.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 22:37.

News Comments > CryENGINE2 versus Reality
2. Re: amazing Feb 24, 2008, 16:29 kyleb

Yeah, I don't think any game engine around could do it better. If only Crytek would be cool enough to release that map.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 16:30.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Movie
18. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2008, 15:22 kyleb

Judging by the demo I played on the 360, I don't think console development won anything on this one, no matter how bad the game is on the PC.

News Comments > Epic on MS Buyout Rumors: Only One Billion?
36. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2008, 16:40 kyleb

Again, it isn't an issue here as Rein has already stated that they have been working on a patch.

News Comments > Epic on MS Buyout Rumors: Only One Billion?
30. Re: No subject Feb 19, 2008, 15:57 kyleb

Who the hell do you think is responsible for not ponying up the dough to fund another patch?

Eh? According to Rein, Epic has been working on a patch:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25264819&highlight=patch#post25264819

They sure are taking their time though, and don't even have the decency to give us updates on what they are fixing, leta alone beta patches like they do with UT3. The game has been out for over 3 months now, I bought the game on day one but haven't even played it enough to see the saved game issues simply becuase I've been waiting for a patch to add surround sound.

9. Re: Console Price war Feb 18, 2008, 02:18 kyleb

I'm not entirely convinced MS will go the add-on route.
I'm not saying they will, but they sure as hell aren't going to stop building 360's with DVD drives because moving to Blu-ray drives would considerably increase their manufacturing costs.

But can you keep calling it a cost advantage when the Blu-Ray drive is no longer a "maybe if it succeeds" kind of feature?
You can't stop calling it a cost advantage until Blu-ray drives aren't any more expensive than standard DVD drives.

2. Re: Console Price war Feb 17, 2008, 17:44 kyleb

MS may well release a Blu-ray addon for movie playback, but that is completely irrelevant to the console price war. 360s will contenue to be built using standard DVD drives, and that puts them MS at a cost advantage compared to what the cost would be to support a more advanced optical format as Sony has commited thier PS3 to.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 17:45.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo