Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > id: Quake Live "Premium" Service and Wolfenstein Live Possible
3. Hey Blue.... Aug 13, 2008, 17:02 kyleb

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars are two different games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cross-Platform GTA4 Multiplayer?
25. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 17:24 kyleb

How do you play Steam games without logging into a Steam account, offline or otherwise?

I can't say I know of a GFW Live game with a ranking system, but I've gotten achivements playing on dedicated servers.

I've got Gears of War for the PC and never had any connection problems with it.

23. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 16:05 kyleb

It uses "Games for Windows LIVE" which is actually worse than "Gayspy", hard to believe I know but then this is Microsoft we're talking about.
In what way is it worse?

18. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 13:43 kyleb

Other than the fact that you're essentially installing a windows component that monitors everything you do... Fucking spyware, basically.
Huh, what spyware functionality are you sugggesting it has? I googled around a bit and didn't find any mention of anything of the sort.

News Comments > Halo No CD Patch
7. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2008, 13:27 kyleb

Gamespy server stats currently shows Halo with 825 servers, 1696 players.

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

7. Re: ... Aug 7, 2008, 02:44 kyleb

It has a lock on option, but at least on the 360 almost everyone dissables it in the server settings.

And GTA4 mulitplayer is excellent and GFW Live is free now, so there is no reason not to play. I doubt there will be cross platform support though, hardly any developer has bothered to do that.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 02:45.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC
29. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 16:31 kyleb

Multiplayer sounds exciting for GTA series but then you realize that itíll probably use Windows Live which means youíll probably only be able to play games hosted on other peoples cable modem connections, if there is a dedicated server option itíll most likely lack many features that game hosting services require, linux server code being one of them.
On the plus side, the current lisen server setup does a respectable job. I've been playing the 360 version pretty much daily since it came out, and very rarely wind up in a laggy game. But of course dedicated servers would still make a great addition to the game for all the other pluses they bring.

Anyway, for those that don't know, GTA4's Cops & Crooks multiplayer mode greatness incarnate. Basically, the crooks have to escape to a specific boat or a helicopter somewhere across the island, while the cops have to try to stop them. Cops always get to see the crooks marked as blips on the radar and map but not the escape vehicle, while the crooks can only see the cops blips when they are close by. Wild vehicle chases, intense shootouts, and complete chaos generally ensues. It is one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played, and I'll be building an uber-rig upon the release of the PC version to experience the game in its full glory.

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
13. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 02:35 kyleb

The pausing with chapters is brief because they aren't loading much, those pauses wouldn't be much longer loading off a x12 DVD drive. And again, simply switching disks when changing chapters rather than having to sit though an install would be a plus.

11. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 18:32 kyleb

MGS4 look better on the 360?
I can't point to anything MGS4 does which could even be reasonably argued to be beyond the capabilities of the 360, can you?

"The bonus" of swapping disks and waiting for longer load times is better than waiting 3min for a quick install?
Those 3 minute installs between chapters are hardly quick, they are some of the longest loading sessions I've ever seen in a game. So, yes, being able to switch between chapters as quickly as you can switch between games on the 360 would be plus compared to what we currently have on the PS3.

9. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 04:36 kyleb

Then what was your intent in chearing on PR fluff? I just felt like sharing some facts to dispel the hot air, as a happy owner of all three consoles who is familiar with the techology in them.

News Comments > Carmack: "Steve Jobs Doesn't Care About Games"
13. Steve Jobs and games is... Aug 4, 2008, 17:43 kyleb

...like George Bush and black people.

6. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 16:55 kyleb

im afraid ps3 has the gfx dept nailed, some devs are starting to tap all the cores and it really shows... been said plenty of times before, but watching mgs4 in action is *crazy* when it seamlessly switch from cutscene to game
That is Kojima and crew having th gfx dept nailed, they are great artists. They made some of the best looking games of their time last generation on the PS2 as well, when that was arguably the least powerful console of the era.

As for the PS3 it only has one core, while the SPUs are simply co-processors. It also has a less powerful and less feature rich GPU than the 360, lacks unified memory, and spends more of it's memory on the OS. It's only obvious plus is the high density optical media format, which MGS4 doesn't even rightly make good use of. I have little doubt MGS4 could be ported to the 360 and look just as good if not better on it, and with the bonus of only having to swap DVDs to switch chapters rather than having to sit though minutes of installs every time.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 16:56.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Gold Refunds
18. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2008, 15:15 kyleb

i find it funny that microsoft charges for a gold account. and the only real benefit is multiplayer. yet they dont host any servers, the players do. so what are they paying for exactly?
MS hosts servers for voice comunication support in the games, as well as the master servers for matchmaking.

News Comments > TrackMania Nations Forever and TrackMania United Forever Patches
3. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2008, 04:14 kyleb

Now if only they would fix the surround sound making the cars behind you sound like they are infront of you and vice versa.

News Comments > On Infinity Ward's Future
3. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2008, 17:16 kyleb

CoD4 was't ported, it was developed from the begining as a cross-platform project.

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Update Plans
4. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 19:23 kyleb

People with low self esteem love these achievements.

News Comments > Consolidation
5. Re: No subject May 26, 2008, 21:51 kyleb

So I went to Epic's forums to express my contuing dissapointment with the lack of surround sound, and searched the forum first to find someone posted a solution:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=25392674#post25392674

A few settings in a .ini file was all it took, absurd Epic couldn't have given use those settings 6 months ago.

News Comments > Consolidation
4. Re: No subject May 26, 2008, 14:25 kyleb

If only the would make a "re-release" patch for the PC version to add surround sound support.

News Comments > New PCIe Sound Blaster Cards
31. Re: RE: HT Omega May 16, 2008, 21:14 kyleb

I purchased a great sound card recently the HT Omega (Claro) and have sold my X-FI gamer card. I have been very happy with this new card. It completely smokes my old card when it comes to sound. BUT if the game is encoded with EAX it can't compete against my old XF-I card. Many games today though are stepping away from EAX instead going with Dolby.

EAX isn't an encoding method, it is simply an effects library. And game audio files aren't encoded in Dolby Digital, to get DD output from a game you need a sound device which supports Dobly Digital Live encoding.

News Comments > PC Devil May Cry 4 Summer, Demo First
3. Re: Good effort Apr 23, 2008, 20:36 kyleb

Games for Windows is just a feature checklist. What features would you have them drop?

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 20:36.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo