Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for kyleb

Real Name kyleb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 22, 2003, 21:07
Total Comments 465 (Amateur)
User ID 15902

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
84. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 13, 2013, 13:46 kyleb

Quinn wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 12:51:
the graphics were just horrible.
Other than the horrible default resolution of course, what issues do you have with the graphics?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
78. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 13, 2013, 04:13 kyleb

Darks wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 16:09:
Iím a pc extremist.
Heh, it's funny you said that, as I was just thinking: damn, this guy is to pc gaming what the Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity.

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Preorders & Bonuses
5. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Preorders & Bonuses Apr 11, 2013, 16:57 kyleb

Yeah, Revelations looks like a proper survival horror game, and a rather well done one at that. The upgraded 3DS graphics are far from groundbreaking, but I can live with that. Some gameplay footage:

http://youtu.be/8RSvn_FXl7o

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Footage
14. Re: Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Footage Apr 11, 2013, 15:56 kyleb

Based on the gameplay footage, the movement control system hasn't changed. That doesn't bother me much, but it would be great if they could at least provide the option for modern FPS-style third-person controls.  

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Footage
6. Re: Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Footage Apr 11, 2013, 06:44 kyleb

I like the spawning the way it is, as it keeps me constantly weighting the benefits of sitting at a bonfire vs the drawback, adding a level of tension and hence immersion which few games have come anywhere close to achieving for me.

Anyway, the gameplay footage looks great, at least aside from the framerate which is likely just matter of being an early build for an aging console.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 4, 2013, 17:01 kyleb

Verno wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 13:22:
Microsoft gates
Ahem.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 27, 2013, 22:47 kyleb

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 12:40:
The lower end hardware could work in their favor since dev costs are so insane for higher quality assets.
I've never understood this claim. Granted, my experance with asset creation is limited to a bit of modding here and there, but in what I have done it's always been harder to target lower end hardware. I mean it's easy to make models look good when you can throw however many polygons you want into them and texture them with as high of resolution texture as you like, but when trying to keep things running smooth on lesser hardware it takes more work ceate something which is asteticly pleasing.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Mar 25, 2013, 18:57 kyleb

LurkerLito wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 12:39:
Well I installed these, ran the Tomb Raider benchmark and I am very happy with the performance on my GTX670. When set to Ultimate at 1920x1200, I get an average of 44.8 fps. That for me is more than playable. The benchmark seemed a lot smoother.

At least from what I've seen over at a friend's house, the benchmark is far less demanding than many parts of the actual game.

News Comments > Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer
5. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 13:47 kyleb

I'm still going to need to see a good bit of Spy vs, Merc gameplay footage before I decide if I'll pay full price, but what this shows of SP looks like something I'll at least buy on a Steam sale at some point.

As for the execution skill, it can be fun if you just run through the who map stabbing people to build the meter and never using the guns for anything other than executions. It winds up like playing through a Borne movie or something. But yeah, using it any other way is just lame.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Roadmap
30. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 14:06 kyleb

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 04:32:
kyleb wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:11:
Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:11:
There's also Central and Middle America too.
No, it's not a matter of also, both are regions which span sections of the two American continents, Central America being a region within the region of Middle America.

Yes, but they're all considered distinct regions with their own distinct countries, hence the names, so it's very much also.
No, it's not, much as Canada and Mexico are not a matter of also when speaking of North America.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2013, 18:02.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Roadmap
14. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 01:11 kyleb

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:11:
There's also Central and Middle America too.
No, it's not a matter of also, both are regions which span sections of the two American continents, Central America being a region within the region of Middle America.

News Comments > No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions
38. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 17:53 kyleb

gobehz wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 12:30:
Moog wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 10:14:
Check out May Payne 3 then - more cut scene than game!
would you rather just look at a loading screen?
I'd prefer the option to skip the rest of the cutscene as soon as the loading is completed, like so many other games allow.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite GMG Pre-order Bonuses [Updated]
3. Re: BioShock Infinite Pre-order Bonuses Get Bonuses Feb 23, 2013, 13:39 kyleb

Yeah, they pulled the same thing with XCOM, duping a lot of suckers into buying that train wreck of a game. /s  

News Comments > Arma III Steam Exclusive
13. Re: Arma III Steam Exclusive Feb 21, 2013, 18:03 kyleb

Dev wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:01:
they should have a huge pile of cash from all the ARMA 2 sales
Sure, but I'll bet it pales in comparison to what they make off their Virtual Battlespace products. Our governments love to dump buckets of cash on such things.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
24. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 16:56 kyleb

Good points from both of you. Morrowind was my first experience with RPGs, and I put a few hours into trying to kill that damned rat in the woman's basement before wandering off into some cave where I put 3 arrows into some Golem looking guy's head as he ran up and beat me to a bloody pulp without even flinching, which prompted me to give up and not come back to the game until years later. And yeah, Skyrim isn't nearly as bad about the enemy scaling as Oblivion is, which is the game that really turned me off from the mechanic.

That said, while Dark Souls' world certainly isn't as open as Bethesda games in some respects, it's not nearly "a nice linear rail" either, and is more open world than Bethesda's in the sense that you can explore the whole world without ever seeing a load screen other than the one when you start up the game. To all of you who've never bothered to play it: you're missing out on an amazing experience.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 17:53.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced
20. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 15:50 kyleb

Bopper wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:08:
The great thing about Skyrim DLC is the fact that it invites you to start a new game as you can jump into the DLC and skip all the stuff you did the first playthrough as I am doing now.
I've enjoyed the 152 hours I've put into Skyrim and will be getting the DLC and playing plenty more at some point, but the way Bethesda scales the world around the player character isn't even a good thing in my book, let alone a great one. I much prefer the style of game where many areas, including those of the additional content, are filled with enemies that a character with low level gear has absolutely no chance will get utterly decimated by. Put simply, Bethestda games don't provoke anywhere near the sense of danger and accomplishment that one gets when playing something along the lines of Dark Souls.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 16:07.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
71. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2013, 09:14 kyleb

Bhruic wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 07:19:
It's interesting how you managed to explain the reason they won't switch to 64 bit immediately in your first two sentences, but still suggested they will in your last.
Those first two sentences you quoted do explain why some early next generation multi-platform games won't necessitate 64 bit for the PC versions, but I've no doubt others will.

Bhruic wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 07:19:
Not to mention the fact that there's no reason for them to make use of the 8gb of RAM. Just because the system has it available, doesn't mean it will necessarily get used.
Quite to the contrary, because it's there it will get used. Not by all games of course, and not efficiently by many developers at least early on, but some are bound to have already been working on ways to use it in games that will come out along with the launch of the new consoles or shortly thereafter.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
61. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2013, 07:06 kyleb

Rigs wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 21:10:
Bungie said 'Destiny' would be released for PS3 and PS4, but why?
Because money. There's a lot more people with PS3s and 360s out there to buy the game than there will be people with PS4s and the new Xboxs for a long time.

mag wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 00:00:
Come on. Did you really expect them to stick a $500 video card in a $400 console?
MS proved such feats possible with both the 360 and original Xbox, but I wasn't holding my breath, and am not expecting the 360's GPU to be much different than the PS4's.

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 02:42:
I know we're all used to calling PC versions ports... But with identical hardware, it's not really a port, is it?
It is, much like PC games which are later converted to run on Linux are ports. That said, a lot of people incessantly misuse the the term port to refer to what are actually multi-platform developed games.

Bhruic wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 05:35:
If you think that developers will immediately switch to 64 bit simply they are making it for PS4/XboxWhatever, you're delusional.
When designing games to utilize anywhere near the 8gb of RAM on the consoles for more than just fancier graphics, they're going to have to use 64 bit for the PC versions.

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 21, 2013, 03:32 kyleb

Yeah, your calling my statement of fact "disingenuous" rather than acknowledging the logical implications of that fact was rather off-putting, as is your accusation of fanboyism. In really, I'm quite happy with my launch PS3 along with my 360, and still have my PS2 and original Xbox, but I'm a PC fanboy if anything and I've got a rather low opinion of MS from that perspective.

That said, if the original Xbox ever had anywhere close to the install base the PS2 has long enjoyed, the difference in long term support from MS and Sony for those consoles respectively would be a reasonable basis by which to weigh future purchasing decisions. On the other hand, giving the vast difference in install base between the two consoles, taking that difference in long term support as a reason to choose a product from one company over the other is completely irrational.

By the way, a lot can be done with that old "brick" of yours. I've never got around to doing any modding to mine or even looking into the possibilities much, but I googled up this forum thread which lists many options.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 04:26.

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 20, 2013, 22:15 kyleb

Jivaro wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 19:13:
I can still buy and use PS2 games
The PS2 has a huge install base which justifies continued support, the original Xbox didn't.

Jivaro wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 19:13:
Saying that Sony had it 6 months after the XBOX 360 had been out is disingenuous. The PS3 came out after the XBOX 360...so of course it did.
It's Sony's first Blu-ray player which came out over 6 months after the 360, and which was the first Blu-ray player to come out because Sony was the driving force behind the creation of Blu-ray technology, while the PS3 didn't come out until nearly another 6 months after that. Those are facts, and there's nothing disingenuous about facts, though it seems I was expecting too much of you when I assumed you'd be able to comprehend the implications of such facts.

465 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo