Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Amigone

Real Name Mr. Amigone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eldaron Imotholin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2003, 22:21
Total Comments 1549 (Pro)
User ID 15836

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
58. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 13:41 Eldaron Imotholin

Anyone else missing daedra enemies? Or am I not high lvl yet and will they appear later on? I'm bored with the undead

I saved a fox from a wolf today. After that I chased after the fox to heal it. A quiet voice in my mind reminded me it's just a game....

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 09:41 Eldaron Imotholin

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 02:58:
Thats nothing, vertical mouse speed was set to 0.0001 by the patch and didn't get re-set until i deleted all command and ini files.

And on game load magical resistance was reset to 1 even if you wear magical resistance equipment (you have re-equip and save/reload) to get proper resistance

Also you can now get stuck on arcane enchanters with a complete control dead-lock

Anyway, this patch really is breaking a lot, and thats just what i noticed from 10 second testing

The enchanter bug was already in there. It has something to do with scrolling in and out while you mean to scroll through your items instead. The fix? Patience. About 10 to 15 secs of patience and maybe some clicking and scrolling and whatever other buttons I click within reasonable context (such as E and F and scrolling). Its a minor nuisance.

As for difficulty setting: I play on Expert. Master could anger me when I was in a nice flow of battles when suddenly I bumped into some random god that one-shotted me.

Apart from that the game is very easy due to the many options to push/ice enemies to the ground and kill or nearly kill them. I also have a companion with me. Not because I want to, but there's no packmule I could hire...

News Comments > Arkham City DLC Next Month
20. Re: Arkham City DLC Next Month Dec 1, 2011, 01:37 Eldaron Imotholin

Damnit any news about the dx11 patch? The game looked better when I ran it in dx11! Too bad there are those gamebreaking stutters on that setting.  

24. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 01:33 Eldaron Imotholin

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 00:33:

Have fun fighting high level mages without any resistances. I'm sure after about a hundred one-shot kills, you'll probably feel differently.

Creston

I know of what you speak. But I suggest you just shout them to the ground and nuke them to death when they're horizontal or phase out and run up to them and bash their head in when you're face-to-face.

Honestly never had any problems with any enemy so far. "Sadly" too many tricks to incapacitate them.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch Wednesday
46. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 30, 2011, 09:06 Eldaron Imotholin

wtf_man wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 09:30:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 01:33:
As for the patch.. too bad my Companions questline hasn't been fixed. Now it's still stuck after the Silver Hand attacke Jarrklvaksie, damnit.

I didn't run into any issues with the Companions quests... however I have run into a few quests that are bugged. If you are stuck on a bugged quest... type in the console:

player.setstage <Quest ID> <Stage #>

You can get the Quest ID from here:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Skyrim-Quests

Click on a link to the quest you are stuck on... the ID will be near the top of the page and the Stage numbers will be in a table near the bottom. If the Quest is bugged near the end... look for the Green checkmark that signifies the stage number of the end (usually 200).

From your description, I assume you are doing the Companion Quest "Blood's Honor"
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood%27s_Honor

You'd type in the console:
player.setstage C04 200 (If You are stuck after Kodlak was killed)

Wtf man, thanks! I'll try this out the next time I'm playing Skyrim!

Just installed Batman AC yesterday night which took me almost 2 freaking hours before I took my girlfriend out to dinner. I realized though, even without having played it yet, tha BAC is plagued with DRM parasites. Looking forward to finally giving it a try after work tonight though! Sorry for getting offtopic.

21. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 06:45 Eldaron Imotholin

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 03:58:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:29:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:24:
Kythlyn wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:08:
Not a single quest bug fix? Really?
Yeah, I still have one quest I can't finish. Since I retrieved an item before I got the quest to retrieve it, I can't deliver the item because it won't give me the dialog line to say that I have the item for him. Really annoying. I suspect a lot of quest fixes will be done by modders, as usual with Bethesda games. I'm thinking about looking up the console codes to let me try to fix the quest manually now. Should just need to advance it a notch or two I think.

Alright! I didn't know about that command.

I presume you're talking about the Companions questline. It's stuck for me as well. Freakin' annoying.

I also hate the fact that you can't cancel the werewolf form but have to wait a few minutes while you won't be able to pick up stuff ergo properly explore in that form. Because of this I never change into one and want to remove the affliction which I now can't...

Have you tried dropping the item and picking it up again? That matter of factly fixed a similar bug I had. You're unable to drop most quest items, though.

In that case you'll have to force the item to drop with the console command, then you can pick it back up to fulfill the quest objective. Most of the quest issues I've run into can be fixed either that way, by removing leftover quest items, or by manually progressing the quest stage. Unfortunately, there's a pretty major side quest in Windhelm that won't start, and cannot be forced to start, for a lot of people...

19. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 02:29 Eldaron Imotholin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:24:
Kythlyn wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 02:08:
Not a single quest bug fix? Really?
Yeah, I still have one quest I can't finish. Since I retrieved an item before I got the quest to retrieve it, I can't deliver the item because it won't give me the dialog line to say that I have the item for him. Really annoying. I suspect a lot of quest fixes will be done by modders, as usual with Bethesda games. I'm thinking about looking up the console codes to let me try to fix the quest manually now. Should just need to advance it a notch or two I think.

Have you tried dropping the item and picking it up again? That matter of factly fixed a similar bug I had. You're unable to drop most quest items, though.

15. Re: Skyrim Patch Wednesday Nov 29, 2011, 01:33 Eldaron Imotholin

PHJF wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 01:18:
I was just walking through Falkreth when two Thalmor fell out of the sky, landed on a roof, rolled off, and died. Neither one had any suspicious scrolls on them.

Haha that's what I lpve about the TES series, especially when physics were introduced. Once I was thrown by a dragon and while I was flying horizontally in the air my upper body hit a wall and I went down the cliff spinning so incredibly hard I was surprised I didn't fall upward! Awesome. Also that spontanious glitchy (probably?) stuff you just mentioned is golden!

As for the patch.. too bad my Companions questline hasn't been fixed. Now it's still stuck after the Silver Hand attacke Jarrklvaksie, damnit.

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
9. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 17:30 Eldaron Imotholin

Don't know about anyone else but my anticipation for D3 has been significantly decreased the moment Blizzard announced the battlenet tumor that has grown on the lungs of the game.

I hope I can block friend pop-ups and other misserable MMO fashion immersion breakers...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
47. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 23, 2011, 09:37 Eldaron Imotholin

Those 3D televisions are, even way more so than BluRay, a bridge to something much more revolutionary. I wouldn't spend such big money on it. Ever.

Not even entirely sure if 3D TVs are such a bridge. I think it's crap technology, the way it "deceives" the eyes. The headaches I get with them glasses on cannot be a good signal.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2011, 10:04.

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.11a Performance Drivers
5. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.11a Performance Drivers Nov 22, 2011, 01:59 Eldaron Imotholin

What the hell? Batman AC is out for PC already, or...?  

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
105. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 17:32 Eldaron Imotholin

Haha, seems like Creston got me blocked.

PS: Based on the fact I already hinted at the "more powerful dragon" earlier but a tad more subtle

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2011, 18:22.

103. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 11:14 Eldaron Imotholin

Bhruic wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 05:35:
If anyone here is like me and my friend, and stops to see feel a sense of purpose after completing a main story and therefore killing playability.... STALL finishing the main quest as much as you can and want!

Or, even better, start a new game with a different character type. I've been saving lots of different quest lines for second/third/etc playthroughs.

Then still, if I've finished a main quest in the TES games... I've had enough. For some reason I cannot really explain.. or just don't care enough for to think about.. the only thing that keeps me attached to playing is the main quest.. even if I'm not even touching it. Having finished it, the veil sorta lifts and I see that running around in an artificial world is an utter waste of my time.

101. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 21, 2011, 02:37 Eldaron Imotholin

Early (I hope) in the main quest you'll find out that actually makes sense. That dragon is a tad stronger than the others, I presume.

Btw, a friend of mine told me this game's main quest is shorter than any other he's ever experienced. If anyone here is like me and my friend, and stops to see feel a sense of purpose after completing a main story and therefore killing playability.... STALL finishing the main quest as much as you can and want!

98. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 20, 2011, 07:42 Eldaron Imotholin

That's exactly what a friend of mine said. I'm almost starting to feel mine is bugged, which I'm sure is nonsense because they do appear.

However, I've only met 5 dragons yet in the 30+ hours I've already played. It's ridiculous. None of those encounters have been attacks on towns btw.

96. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 19, 2011, 12:11 Eldaron Imotholin

Hit ` then click on the corpses and type: resurrect

I guess you knew and just don't wanna cheat like that.. but I think it's an awesome thing to do for when your horse dies for example.

PS: Dramatic story, btw! Too bad I hardly meet any dragons at all :\

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2011, 17:46.

91. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 18, 2011, 02:07 Eldaron Imotholin

Question to the steam people!

Can I import save-games into my Steam version of Skyrim and if so, will I gain my overdue achievements?

The case is that I pirated Skyrim this first week because my game was on freaking backorder at cdwow.com.

Would love it if someone could answer this for me. I'm not a steam fan which is why I'm not experienced in it.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
17. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Nov 18, 2011, 01:35 Eldaron Imotholin

Hmm finally some footage that impresses. All looks great and true to Max Payne except for that meso-america stuff where he looks like an alcoholic woman abuser. Too bad that's the major part of the game, ffs.  

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
78. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 15, 2011, 03:03 Eldaron Imotholin

Sepharo, forcing VSync off via the known tweak gave me my focus back. So it was VSync. You said you got used to it, but maybe you were only talking about BF3. So here ya go!  

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
75. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 14, 2011, 02:32 Eldaron Imotholin

Hey guys I'm really curious about the answers to the following question.

Yesterday I complained to a friend of mine that I somehow can't seem to literally focus (visually) properly on my screen when playing Skyrim. I'm not wearing glasses nor do I need them. To my surprise, my friend replied to me that he had the exact same problem! He also didn't know why, and thought it was an issue with himself physically. I came to the idea that maybe it's because of VSync, somehow, so I tweaked it off in SkyrimPref.ini. Hadn't the chance to try it out yet, though.

Now, the actual quesion:

Did any of you guys experienced the same issue and if so, (how) did you fix it?

1549 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo