Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Amigone

Real Name Mr. Amigone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eldaron Imotholin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2003, 22:21
Total Comments 1552 (Pro)
User ID 15836

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns
17. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns Aug 7, 2010, 16:42 Eldaron Imotholin

Because of this discussion I reinstalled CS this evening and did a dust2 match. I wish I had Fraps, and I wish I had it playing.

At some point I was running around a corner, saw 3 opponents, opened fire at the first opponent's chest.. and killed all 3 with headshots. I laughed, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry aswell. No shit CS boyz have such an annoying, arrogant and I-R-Da-Best demeanor.

After that, however, I tried to play more disciplined. I aimed for the head and shot in short bursts, coincidently exactly what Anonymous said, and... well... missed, for no apparant reason. My crosshair was indeed on the opponent's head.

Last but not least I tried one of those big green sniper rifles. My crosshair was on the chest of a guy, I pulled the trigger, and he killed me. I think it was because I was strafing.

Evidently indeed this game has the following mechanics if you want to hit somebody:

1. Stand still and shoot in short bursts. If the enemy shoots back, just shoot sporatically because your accuracy is done for anyway.

2. Move and spray somewhere near your target. Precise aiming is of no use.

3. Just charge, aim at chests, and mow down the entire enemy team in the process.

I'll pass

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Races
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Races Aug 7, 2010, 16:26 Eldaron Imotholin

Pigeon wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 01:00:
Those races look really lame. All they did was change the skin color and put on some minor doodads like tattoo's and tiny horns.

That's what I thought, too. How horribly lame. This is the first time I'm being majorly underwhelmed by TOR news. It's obvious why they have these pathetic excuses for variety in races: Gear. They obviously can't be arsed to change the models of the gear per race like they did in World of Warcraft.

If they come up with this lame stuff, they should've sticked with just humans instead.

mlw wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 15:41:
I will be impressed when I can play as a hut. I will just sit on my enemies. An instant 'I Win' key.

I bet they'll keep your good imagination in mind for when they'll port this one to the consoles.

15. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns Aug 7, 2010, 16:22 Eldaron Imotholin

Sepharo wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 15:54:
Eldaron give it up man, you're making an argument that simply isn't true.

I don't aim anywhere else but the head. I tap my trigger and get headshots. If you spray all over the place and complain that the aiming is bad that is only your own fault.

5 clicks 5 headshots 5 kills

If this is the case then I guess I never got into CSS enough because of it. I like firefights to last longer that 1 second. Enemy Territory was like that. You shot where you aimed even while moving and while holding down the trigger, and the opponent didn't drop at the first bullet that hit the head.

CS is obviously not my type of game. Shooting while running was either rolling dice or having played the game long enough to know where the bullets went, and I often didn't even see the guy get around the corner only after I was dead. *Ugh* Just to remember that game sucks. Not as bad as the new Transformers though.

13. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns Aug 7, 2010, 15:10 Eldaron Imotholin

Thanks for aiding me by posting that link, bro. And I'm not being sarcastic. Case in point, indeed. Look again.

Evidently that game has awkward machenics when it comes to aiming. Like I said: 80% accuracy score in Enemy Territory, right about all being headshots since those shots took 3 bullets to kill istead of around 12. In CS, however, I can empty a clip without hitting a man. As you can see in your clip, he often charged holding down the trigger and aiming low to make headshots.

For the record, in the times I played CS I never used a sniper.

This comment was edited on Aug 7, 2010, 15:15.

10. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns Aug 7, 2010, 14:01 Eldaron Imotholin

Kobalt wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 13:36:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 08:06:

The only logic I see is that in the one game I hit where I aim, and in the other I don't.

I hit where I aim in cs. Maybe you should practice a little so you can get better.

You're the first person in my entire life that plays CS and has the guts to blatantly lie that in CS you hit where you aim. When I spectate people, I see them shooting at the FEET of opponents to make headshots with an AK47 while spraying bullets. When I mimic their tactics, I do headshots. I laugh, in a completely-fucked-up-and-not-at-all-entertained way. ^^

8. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns Aug 7, 2010, 08:06 Eldaron Imotholin

Kobalt wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 07:50:
I'm good in one game, bad in the other. Must mean the one I'm good at is balanced. Cool logic bro

The only logic I see is that in the one game I hit where I aim, and in the other I don't.

6. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Returns Aug 7, 2010, 07:28 Eldaron Imotholin

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 01:11:
Not much has changed, but rightfully so. CSS remains one of the most balanced FPSs of all time(excuse the AWP, though). It's a shame there isn't a new Counter-Strike on the way with new graphics and maps but old gameplay values.

Balanced?! I don't get this. Too many people believe in this delusion. The original Enemy Territory was balanced. If you knew how to handle a mouse and was good with aiming, you were an awesome player. I miss the Enemy Territory days. CSS rewards you with spraying bullets. I was one of the best players in Enemy Territory with an accuracy of an avarage of 80%. In CSS I always die. Even though my crosshair is on the other player's head and I pull the trigger, I seem to miss. It's insulting.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Announced
38. Re: Batman: Arkham City Announced Aug 7, 2010, 07:21 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 23:14:
Why Assassin's Creed and not, say, Prototype? Because Alta´r registered every little cobble, every gap in the road, every pylon, pillar, stepping-stone in the water, every brick and gap to grab to advance in his climbs etc. Every detail in the world mattered in the Assassin's Creed gameplay (although somewhat simplefied) unlike in Prototype.

If by "registered," you mean "played itself while you held down two buttons and stared blankly at your screen," I agree completely. However, that is not something any game should aspire to. Games are defined by interaction and when games play themselves, they're kind of missing the point. Assassin's Creed was certainly pretty to watch and the animations were great. However, that's all style, not substance.

I agree. The game was horribly simplefied with the mechanics it had. Still I think I made clear what I meant. Batman with his tank'ish sort of playstyle wouldn't necessarily not work in an open-world game.

General Discussion > The mosque @ Ground Zero
1. The mosque @ Ground Zero Aug 7, 2010, 07:18 Eldaron Imotholin

Hey there folks.

As some of you might've realized by now: I'm Dutch. Still, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read about the green light that was given to build the mosque (& muslim center) nearby Ground Zero. I, like many others, think it's an insult to not only America but the whole western society.

It's scary to see what boundaries can be broken with money. This is not the time to be politically correct.

I would not have protested against the build of a cathedral nearby Ground Zero, but neither would I have supported it. After all, religion is what killed all those people in the first place. But a mosque..!? I am without words. I'm interested in what how you guys feel and hope this topic doesn't have to errupt into a flame-war.

36. Re: Batman: Arkham City Announced Aug 6, 2010, 20:45 Eldaron Imotholin

Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 11:06:
I really doubt they can make this open-world and feel the same.

Batman moved kind of like a tank. That just doesn't work well in open-world environments (even if the RDR dude turned and sidestepped like a tank.) The whole way you controlled Batman and fought was designed around tight, narrow environments. Even the wider-open areas had tight, narrow enemy groupings.

I'd expect this to be more of the same. Which I don't mind. I loved exploring Arkham and beating dudes up, even if how I did it didn't change much for the duration of the game. I think you can argue that no single piece of this game was perfect, but the sum of all the parts was much closer than most games get.

I partially agree with you and I completely understand and agree with your "Batman moved kind of like a tank" comment. However, does this then mean it doesn't work in an open-world environment? No offense, but views like that stand in the way of progress.

In a former comment I mentioned that if Arkham City was to be an open-world, with the AA type of gameplay (like Batman moving like a tank) it would become an immensely sweet combination of Assassin's Creed and AA.

Why Assassin's Creed and not, say, Prototype? Because Alta´r registered every little cobble, every gap in the road, every pylon, pillar, stepping-stone in the water, every brick and gap to grab to advance in his climbs etc. Every detail in the world mattered in the Assassin's Creed gameplay (although somewhat simplefied) unlike in Prototype.

I think Arkham City could be like that. A big open-Gotham-world where every detail matters and therefore Batman The Tank would fit in nicely -- not to forget his awesome gadgets.

Again, saying that AA's type of gameplay "doesn't work" in an open-world environment is not having an open mind.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
3. Re: StarCraft II Patched Aug 6, 2010, 18:18 Eldaron Imotholin

I think a little bit more Big Brother in society is good for progress. Obviously Blizzard agrees.

I don't know the answer to your question, though. Sorry.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Announced
43. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 6, 2010, 18:15 Eldaron Imotholin

BobBob wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 17:31:
It's time to call the 'promise police'.

We can get throw another few childish remarks out there -- I once again praise BobBob for his mastership in that demeanor, by the way -- but as Krowen pointed out, things were 'promised' yet so far they didn't happen while they're already talking about Torchlight 2. I don't mind because it was a cheap game and I loved playing it for a while, but there it is. And that is all.

34. Re: Batman: Arkham City Announced Aug 6, 2010, 12:54 Eldaron Imotholin

Verno wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 08:54:
kanniballl wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 03:12:
So I'm down for a large setting, but I don't want sandbox.

Agreed, we have enough open world games already.

If that comment made sense, we'd have enough of every type of game already.

36. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 6, 2010, 08:02 Eldaron Imotholin

I completely agree. Neither was I expecting nor hoping for an actual MMO of WoWish proportions. When I heard Torchlight MMO, I too hoped for simple multiplayer and coop. They have their bar raised higher than necessary, it seems.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Aug 6, 2010, 07:17 Eldaron Imotholin

I'm so sorry to see how Realtime Worlds fucked up APB. That concept was something I've been dreaming of when I was a kid. Thanks to them, I might never see a good game of that fashion in my lifetime..  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
5. Re: Morning Screenshots Aug 6, 2010, 07:11 Eldaron Imotholin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf63LPpDkBI

Leaked gameplay footage. Pretty nice, although the combat looks too easy so far.

34. Re: Torchlight 2 Announced Aug 6, 2010, 07:09 Eldaron Imotholin

Mcboinkens wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 22:04:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 21:41:
Halo wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 20:05:
Or you could make educated decisions and realize that buying a promise probably isn't the best idea.

Look man, I'm not saying Torchlight sucks because the Multiplayer never came.. and that it was a waste of money, do I? I was looking at Torchlight for a while already, before it came out, wondering whether to buy it or not. That promise gave me that last little push for me to buy it. Was that, then, an "uneducated" decision? Why on earth would you use that choice of words in the firstplace. It's not even worth replying to, come to think of it.

Oh what the hell..

Obviously it ticked you off enough to post. You're probably just trollin' anyway.

By all means, elaborate. People are so over-using the term "trolling" lately. All I did was point out an awkward fact. There's a rockhard difference between me and a troll. Look up the definition for an internet troll, is what I suggest.

21. Re: Batman: Arkham City Announced Aug 5, 2010, 21:59 Eldaron Imotholin

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 11:31:
Speaking of games I'm looking forward to, first Torchlight and now this. Add in Portal (and dare I dream, Diablo 3?), and 2011 is looking like a great year for gaming.

Diablo 3, nin? Sorry buddy, gotta wait 'til 2015. Maybe 2014 but then I'm just being silly optimistic.

PHJF wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 19:11:
I hope Arkham City is actually, like, a city. I loved Island but I'd like them to flesh out the hub to more than just three little interconnected outdoor areas. Let me explore, dammit!

If they can put that solid, polished feel AA had into a (semi-)sandbox kinda game it'd be awesome and groundbreaking. Think Assassin's Creed meets Arkham Asylum, gameplay wise.

News Comments > StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch
95. Re: StarCraft II is Year's Biggest PC Game Launch Aug 5, 2010, 21:55 Eldaron Imotholin

Prez wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 20:02:
That's 7 years if they started in 2003, not 5-6. You're welcome to your opinion but when I play Starcraft 2 I do not see a game that should have taken even half that time.

Agreed, but you are not allowed to have that opinion because Yifes "Master of All Allowed Opinions" says you can't. Because HE says that 12 years is reasonable, then by GOD it is. Rolleyes2

A quick look in every Starcraft thread currently running shows Yifes arguing with someone. That alone should throw up red flags, but apparently squashing dissenting opinions if they go against your precious Blizzard keeps you him busy to notice.

What an UTTER waste of time.

Wouldn't be Bluesnews otherwise, and we keep coming back ain't we? I love this dirty place. A nice change of pace a few times per day.

News Comments > NVIDIA StarCraft II Trial
27. Re: NVIDIA StarCraft II Trail Offer Aug 5, 2010, 21:46 Eldaron Imotholin

I heard Razor 1911 and Reloaded beat NVidia's offer already...  

1552 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo