Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Amigone

Real Name Mr. Amigone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eldaron Imotholin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2003, 22:21
Total Comments 1549 (Pro)
User ID 15836

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > More Duke Nukem Forever Footage
2. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 11:37 Eldaron Imotholin

The human race is retarded. I finally came to that incredible conclusion by again looking how someone actually enjoys playing a First Person Shooter on a controller.

I weep.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Interview
10. Re: The Witcher 2 Interview Oct 5, 2010, 09:01 Eldaron Imotholin

Bought the first game on day one. The game is great, although I was a hater at first.

The second episode is absolutely horrible, in my opinion. It was more like you were playing a CSI game in one hell of an awesome looking disguise. It was tedious work, running from A to B to H to G to A and back to G and that 20 times for 4 hours while the player only just managed -- or not at all! -- to understand what was going on, hardly knowing if he was doing things right.
In my first playthrough, everyone was guilty ._.

Then the game builds up momentum in chapter 3 and becomes totally freaking amazing from chapter 4 'till the end.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 16:53 Eldaron Imotholin

If the whole game is as over-the-top hilarious as the gameplay video they keep showing everywhere, than this game might be cool.

Can't tell yet until I've tried it.

News Comments > On Star Wars: The Old Republic's Advanced Classes
7. Re: On Star Wars: The Old Republic's Advanced Classes Oct 2, 2010, 21:31 Eldaron Imotholin

Slashman wrote on Oct 2, 2010, 20:34:
Now DA 2, I'm less confident about, but I will still reserve judgment until after it is finished.

Atleast wait for some gameplay walkthroughs. Those are nearly as useful as demos imo.

As for TOR... Gameplay walkthroughs look promising, knowing its an MMORPG. Excited? No. But we'd be a whole different community if we'd be much excited for an MMO, I think.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 2, 2010, 15:59 Eldaron Imotholin

rist3903 wrote on Oct 2, 2010, 04:06:
Mmkay managed to play another 5 minutes of Amnesia just now.

Only playing it at night with the lights off and headphones on.

I should be done with it by 2025 at this rate.

Hahaha, scary as hell ain't it? Tell me about it.

I'm selling this game through mouth-to-mouth advertising whenever I can. Bought it for three friends their birthdays (yeah, it's been an expensive month with all those birthdays at the same time) and... well, it's just amazing.

What I tell them is what I don't need to tell you: Play this game ONLY at night, with lights off and headphones on. The game simply won't "work" with kids or parents walking about and the sound of daily life subconciously comforting your brain.

News Comments > Gold - Fallout: New Vegas
8. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 19:22 Eldaron Imotholin

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

It'll be fun, sure. But the hype is hilarious.

News Comments > MoH Taliban Renamed
61. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 16:02 Eldaron Imotholin

Smart decision because:

Who'd wanna play Taliban except if there's a nice and cruel looking suicide option?

Dumb decision because:

Who wouldn't wanna kill Taliban soldiers? Unless you've some fucked up "there's something good in everybody" morals of course.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
16. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition Oct 1, 2010, 14:54 Eldaron Imotholin

Wildone wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 09:58:
When I say this game is ugly, I really truly mean it in every sense..I mean WTF, its like from another generation eons ago ugly...WTF?!!!

You're filth.

You're a console player and you even dare to complain about graphics. I laugh.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Oct 1, 2010, 07:27 Eldaron Imotholin

Haha, xXBatmanXx is on the prowl! You remind me of myself being the missionary of Amnesia.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary
4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 07:14 Eldaron Imotholin

Underwhelming as ever.

And what Ereaser just said is, in a way, what I've been saying. It's like looking at an expansion or mega-mod, the only negative thing is that it's not Fallout 3.

Underwhelming as ever.

Edit/Add: Btw, is speaking like everything you say is a question some sort of dialect? Because atleast two guys in that video have it bigtime or show signs of it. Freaking annoying. I thought only highschool bitches talked like that.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2010, 07:23.

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Released
25. Re: Mafia II DLC Released Sep 29, 2010, 11:55 Eldaron Imotholin

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 10:14:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 07:16:
Today, I fucking hate Mafia 2 and any company that had something to do with the abomination.

Why? Because they released some horse armor I mean clothes for your in game character that you can buy if you wanted to or just ignore it?
Obviously there is market for this kind of stuff or we would never see any DLC like this. So don't hate the developers, hate the consumers who buys this stuff, they are the ones to blame.

It's not just that, mate. Not to me. It's the more I think back on Mafia 2, the more I dislike it. And I also keep seeing that soundguy's face with that broad jaw saying how awesome the game is gonna be etc... but that's a minor thingy.

Anyway, yeah.. the more I think back, the more I dislike the game. And those DLC newsflashes keep reminding me of that shallow, empty shell. DLC's like Jimmy's Vendetta... that featured nothing that made the original Mafia 2 just that little bit entertaining: cutscenes and a (although meager) story.

Ulgh. I wish I had one of those Men-in-Black sticks to erase the game from my memory. Dramaqueenish, I know. ^^

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Released
20. Re: Mafia II DLC Released Sep 29, 2010, 07:16 Eldaron Imotholin

Before Mafia 2 came out, I was looking forward to it bigtime.
Then it came out, and I thought it was an empty shell of a sandbox game with a meager story but ok cutscenes that kept me going.
Then we were caught in airstrikes of crap DLC's.

Today, I fucking hate Mafia 2 and any company that had something to do with the abomination.

Just my opinion, naturally.

69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 29, 2010, 07:10 Eldaron Imotholin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 05:53:
Died again tonight after killing another 1000 zombies and completing 3 "quests" without saving. How I felt right there is how I never wanna feel when doing something that's supposed to be fun. And all because of some fucking freakshows with sniper-rifles in the park and I had a mermaid to carry.

Sorry - but that just makes me want to play the game more! I mean shit - I never beat some NES games cause of how hard they were - but I never stopped trying! How many times did you play through Castlevania? sheesh. I STILL can't beat it - I watched a buddy do it last year on my DS. Ghost n Goblins anyone? This to me is great gaming. In fact, I have been buying some of those games again on XBOX, I play Contra now just as much as I did then!!!! Don't even get me started on games like Wizards and Warriors, Kid Nikki, Rush n Attack, Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punchout (never beat Mike), and the list of hundreds that were great games that were damn near impossible. When a game makes you curse out loud, throw your controller, and walk away......THAT IS A WELL MADE GAME!

You're obviously a console-gamer, am I right? It's all over your comment. I, as a PC gamer, am not in for frustrating challanges like annoying bossfights that are mainly frustrating because of a fucked up saving system. How a game that makes you pissed off (and throw your controller away + walk away) could be considered A WELL MADE GAME is beyond me. Probably completely understandable for the console-gamer minds, but not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely in for a game that's a challange overall. Like Deus Ex was, or even The Witcher and Dragon Age before the patch. I love that, because that's genuine difficulty intertwined with every mechanic of the game. Dead Rising 2 is something else. It's like they purposely added WRONG elements to the game... like timelimits, unexpected and suicidal bossfights, and a fucked up saving system.

Maybe later next week I'll reinstall the game and atleast use the trainer to be able to save anywhere. That'll seriously take a HUGE part of the frustration away.

News Comments > Fable III Voice Talent Trailer
6. Re: Fable III Voice Talent Trailer Sep 28, 2010, 21:44 Eldaron Imotholin

All a game needs is great voice-actors. That you have that guarantee with famous actors doesn't make them the people for the job necessarily. The only reason it is done is to fuel the hype-machine.

Famous actors kill immersion. If I heard Sean Bean (Boromir) say "Chicken Chaser? Do you chase chickens?" while I was running around in Fable 1... I'd see Sean Bean and think of Boromir etc. Ergo it'll kill immersion. Anything that kills immersion is bad, especially(!!!) in games.

Nobody in their right mind would be complaining, however, if the voice-actors weren't famous... but just great.

The cast for Fable III seems ok, though. No voice stands out too much, ok except for the Théodin guy. But take Oblivion for example. Captain Picard and Boromir. Too obvious. Too immersion-killing.

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light & Demo Released
9. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light & Demo Released Sep 28, 2010, 21:23 Eldaron Imotholin

Too bad I can only stand a few people I know physically close to me (as in within my personal space). With most others I'm getting irritated very quickly.

Co-op on one screen? I'll pass for now due to that personal issue.

News Comments > Two Worlds 2 Delayed
9. Re: Two Worlds 2 Delayed Sep 28, 2010, 20:45 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 17:50:
The demo for Gothic 4 was seriously underwhelming. I'm hoping TW2 is better, though the first one was pretty crappy.

I'm with you on all 3 points. Because of your first point I was really looking forward to TW2 although the first one was crappy indeed. The trailers of TW2 look promising.

Lucky Gothic 4 indeed... I'm probably gonna buy it now. I just need a new open world RPG.

63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 20:36 Eldaron Imotholin

Died again tonight after killing another 1000 zombies and completing 3 "quests" without saving. How I felt right there is how I never wanna feel when doing something that's supposed to be fun. And all because of some fucking freakshows with sniper-rifles in the park and I had a mermaid to carry.

If only there were more toilets and weren't that tedious to get to.

I'm officially done with this game (deleted it from my computer). It was fun (and frustrating) while it lasted -- which was truly like butter spread over too much bread, since there's little else to play these days.

News Comments > Two Worlds 2 Delayed
6. Re: Two Worlds 2 Delayed Sep 28, 2010, 15:37 Eldaron Imotholin

Oh dear, that sucks. This was the only game I was looking forward to this year and it's delayed right before it should've been released.

Well, lucky for Gothic 4. I think many people would've gone for Two Worlds 2 before, but now that they have to wait for that game 'till January...

41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 15:29 Eldaron Imotholin

The most annoying part of Dead Rising 2, which strangely isn't mentioned (or I've overlooked it?) is the saving system.

You're only allowed to save the game @ toilets... that's all cool and a little hilarious, but the problem is that sometimes there aren't toilets anywhere nearby! This is a big cause of extreme frustration, especially when you engage a new "quest" and you realize you've just started another bossfight. "Fuck, I'll probably die now and I haven't saved for 20 minutes!"

And then there's the already mentioned time-limit which is indeed horribly annoying especially because the game wants you to experiment with weapons and explore a bit for hilarious weapons to find etc. Instead, I stick with the bat-&-nails combo simply because that's the only practical weapon easy to get (bats and nails are littered all over the safehouse area... which you walk through too often during the game.)

In the end the game is indeed rather addicting, but also very annoying. There've been too many times I've been cussing at my screen because I died again and I felt in too much a hurry to save or whatever.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2010, 22:18 Eldaron Imotholin

I hate the time-limits and safe-points and overpowered psychopaths in DR2 so bad that I stopped playing it 6 hours in.  

1549 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo