Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Amigone

Real Name Mr. Amigone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eldaron Imotholin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2003, 22:21
Total Comments 1552 (Pro)
User ID 15836

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Tease?
12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Tease? Nov 17, 2010, 12:13 Eldaron Imotholin

Jesus christ what a degenerate shithole this place is becoming. All that pessimistic moaning going on here makes the sun shine a little less bright, for fucksake.

There were things I loved and disliked in Mass Effect 1.
There were things I loved and disliked in Mass Effect 2.

If you can't handle the fact they removed the inventory and how, therefore, Bioware decided that less is more... then go write a book about that shit.

Funny thing is that I'm somehow certain that nearly all of you finished the game and enjoyed wasting your time on it. That's good.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witcher 2 Dated, CE
12. Re: Witcher 2 Dated, CE Nov 17, 2010, 07:53 Eldaron Imotholin

Good! Good. Delay it until the game is polished amd good. Out of some principle my sig is very serious. If The Witcher 2 sucks, I'm done.

Can't wait for this game. Extremely excited. Geralt = the freaking best.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Nov 14, 2010, 15:26 Eldaron Imotholin

I feel alone in thinking the game is gonna be a blast, here on Bluesnews ^^

That's being melodramatic of course. But there's allot of negative shit going around here about the game.

As for Jerykk's comment: I completely agree. A single player MMO probably doesn't work. I truly hope Bioware knows what they're doing.

News Comments > Hexen: Edge of Chaos Released
9. Re: Hexen: Edge of Chaos Released Nov 14, 2010, 08:04 Eldaron Imotholin

Gotta get myself a new copy of Doom 3 :\  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update
12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Nov 14, 2010, 07:38 Eldaron Imotholin

It's not KOR, Creston. It's TOR.

Looking forward to TOR more by the day. Although I feel alone in this, I think it's going to be a blast! Excited about everything Bioware has shown so far EXCEPT for Space On Rails, which might aswell kill the game.

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?
144. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 13, 2010, 21:20 Eldaron Imotholin

Jesus christ what an amazing, stunning amount of bullshit going around of late. I'm honestly sad to see Bluesnews has come to this degenerate state.

Not just Blue's and its community's fault though. There really is little interesting PC-gaming news going on.

Well, that Dragon Age 2 trailer was interesting though, though ironically enough not posted on Bluesnews.
*yawn. Hits the sack*

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops
105. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 11, 2010, 12:38 Eldaron Imotholin

By some miracle I happen to agree with Verno for a change. Jerykk speaks my mind exactly, as always.

Indie games are overrated. It's something I've been shouting for quite a while now. Sure, there are some fun ones... but moreso in a "console game" kinda way. 99% of the indie games lack an immersive story and 99% of the indie games offer simple gameplay.

Between games like CoD and indie stuff... I honestly can't say what I'll prefer. I'll prolly just stop playing games and get a carreer. xD

Seriously though... Fuck yes we should voice our opinions of disdain. I'm ok with CoD AS LONG as that shallow shit isn't mimicked by other FPS games.

Like Jerykk said, and I myself did a few comments down: New games

Edit: (I somehow pressed send at this part. Prolly has to so with the high amount of whiskey in my body.)

Anyway... Newgames.. Ehm... Fuck, Ive no idea what I wanted to say....

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2010, 15:42.

94. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 17:09 Eldaron Imotholin

Beamer wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 16:27:
Amusingly enough Avatar is heavily derivative itself. Beyond the visuals and the name behind it there isn't really any innovation or depth to it. I'd go as far as saying that it's actually quite unremarkable all things considered.

I think that was his point.

For the record, Avatar went beyond "unremarkable" and into "wholly awful."

Neh, calling Avatar awful says more about you than that movie.

But yeah, the story is old. Pocahontas all over.

91. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 15:18 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 12:25:
Two main reasons: 1) it's so close to being what they want, but so far, and it's really the flaws on something close to perfection that really pisses you off (not saying it's close to perfection, but it's really all in the right area but makes lefts everywhere people think it should make rights) 2) it represents, to them, the change in the industry from them being the main driver to them being an after thought.

You're way off. People dislike the series because the gameplay hasn't really evolved over the past 9 years and it was never terribly deep to begin with. CoD is the exact opposite of ambition and this industry is in dire need of some that right now. When 10 million people buy each year's CoD game, that just hurts the industry because every game tries to mimic the games that sell best. Result? A bunch of derivative, uninspired, shallow shooters.

I completely agree. Of course I do, because I basically said the exact same thing. It's the #1 fear I'm having and the reason why I'm voicing my opinion about this franchise. If every FPS becomes this crap on rails.....

...I'll let it hang at that.

88. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 12:37 Eldaron Imotholin

Elessar wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 11:04:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 10:44:
Elessar wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 10:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 08:22:
I do not understand why people feel the need of hating on a game they do not like. For instance I do not like Diablo and the similar types of games and I hate World of Warcraft but you guys don't see me go around all the forums shitting all over those games. To each their own.
Because they're juvenile and they can't see past themselves. They're not familiar with the concept of "to each their own". It appalls them that you like a game that they do not, so they have this uncontrollable urge to berate you and the game you like.

Makes you proud to share this earth with people like that, eh?
I don't understand why muslims let goats drown in their own blood because of some fucked up tradition or how many Chinese people can skin animals alive. I'm sure as hell not gonna sit back and say: Go the fuck ahead, I don't understand this shit... but R.E.S.P.E.C.T, right?
LOL Seriously? Let's keep this in context here. We're talking about games, not killing animals. Terrible analogy.

If you're mad other people like a game that you don't like, sorry for you, but don't take it out on them. It's lame and desperate.

You're the one ripping things out of context here by only quoting that part of my comment. It's a fucking weak trick in discussions and I (and hopefully others too) am seeing right through it.

*sigh* Tiresome.

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 10, 2010, 10:44 Eldaron Imotholin

Elessar wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 10:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2010, 08:22:
I do not understand why people feel the need of hating on a game they do not like. For instance I do not like Diablo and the similar types of games and I hate World of Warcraft but you guys don't see me go around all the forums shitting all over those games. To each their own.
Because they're juvenile and they can't see past themselves. They're not familiar with the concept of "to each their own". It appalls them that you like a game that they do not, so they have this uncontrollable urge to berate you and the game you like.

Makes you proud to share this earth with people like that, eh?

Step lightly, boys. What you guys are saying right now is basically that discussions are for juvenile, self-important assholes.

I don't understand why muslims let goats drown in their own blood because of some fucked up tradition or how many Chinese people can skin animals alive. I'm sure as hell not gonna sit back and say: Go the fuck ahead, I don't understand this shit... but R.E.S.P.E.C.T, right?

I see allot of bad shit in CoD that I don't wanna see in other FPS games EVER and I'm scared shitless that because of this overhyped abomination of a so called First Person Shooter other games of the same genre will become similar to this surprisingly successful game.

In an ideal world, everyone would agree with everyone else. That's not the case. Live with it, and stop making people that give a shit feel bad about doing so.

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ships 5 Million
56. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ships 5 Million Nov 9, 2010, 19:09 Eldaron Imotholin

You guys still playing Fallout: NV? I envy you guys... I got bored 20 hours in. Good game, though. Worth the dough, which means a fucklot these days.  

64. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 19:08 Eldaron Imotholin

Beamer wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 18:58:
. Health regen is just a simplification of an existing gameplay mechanic, something designed to give you less to worry about. To me that cheapens the experience.

It may have appeared as a way to give you less to worry about, but now it's to give you something smaller to worry about far more often.

Not so. Healt regen is nothing more than a big step towards godmode.

And it's not only about the tension. It's also the fact that it kills immersion because it feels so goddamn unrealistic. Yes, I know, games are unrealistic in general, but that health regen is really rocking the chart.

50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 16:12 Eldaron Imotholin

Having a damn hard time with debating about religion, politics, and regenerating health.

I simply can't understand how people can say regenerating health increases tension. In games like CoD I don't give a shit when I'm being hit when moving from cover to cover. I don't even check if the coast is clear or if I'm pinned down. I'm just running and see what happens, since as long as I make it to the next cover.. after being hit by 20 bullets or not... I made it to that cover, and that's that. I regen back to 100% of health and I've performed just as good a feat as a guy who was playing more subtle and didn't get hit at all.

Now, if there was no such thing as regenerating health... the subtle player would have had a big benefit for his subtlety, whereas I would be fucked... with 5% health left. That'd sure as hell increase the tension for me. I can't even believe we're debating about this shit.

News Comments > The Old Republic Delay?
47. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 9, 2010, 14:48 Eldaron Imotholin

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 12:24:
You can't dodge projectiles in WoW, some raid bosses have scripted objects but for the most part the combat is very tame and simple. Line of sight isn't really a game mechanic so much as it is a limitation construct for the combat

Didn't kxmode proved differently by describing how he plays his Warlock, or do you have him on ignore aswell? Also... there might've been a reason why kxmode said "another form of dodging".

Dodge.. another word for avoidance. The way kxmode described how he dodges, he's sure as hell right that there's ways of avoiding hits.

Also, that you can't literally dodge the way I understand you guys mean it... is a very smart decision. If you had that ability, they might aswell remove the mage class and change the agility attribute to simply "crit chance".

WoW is an MMORPG. Thank god you can't dodge projectiles and melee attacks that are in range unless you do a "success roll" on dodging. Seriously, nobody would wanna play a hunter or mage/warlock/shaman no more.

The combat system of WoW works.

40. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 14:38 Eldaron Imotholin

Yakubs wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 14:16:
Beamer wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 13:16:
I died more in MW2 than most other FPS put together.

That's because you didn't (a) get lucky or (b) solve the pop-a-mole puzzle blocking your path to the next scripted event. Plus it's kind of hard to feel like you're in danger when your health regens after two seconds. You never have a situation where you're skulking around, desperate for a health pack.

There's a difference between being driven forward by the need for resources and being driven forward because enemies respawn behind you and you want to watch the next cutscene.

That's kinda sorta what I said on his comment,Yakubs. Also, no such thing as enemies spawning behind you. Not in games like CoD. If you somehow manage to run past a "checkpoint" without being mowed down by home-bullets or the Invisible Wall of Instant Death... you'd probably bug the entire map. Nothing would spawn at all and you'd run through entire areas without encountering any enemies, because the scripting is bugged.

Allow me to grab a bucket...

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 13:49 Eldaron Imotholin

Beamer wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 13:16:
"Actually dangerous enemies"

I died more in MW2 than most other FPS put together.

But that was because you did something the game didn't want you to do. Result: Homing-bullets out of nowhere mowed you down. CoD is cool like that...

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 12:21 Eldaron Imotholin

I agree with you that if the illusion of AI works, it's nothing to complain about. But you said "the illusion sometimes breaks" where I had a total different experience. I found the illusion breaking more often than not.

As for games standing out AI wise: Gothic 1 was a freaking breakthrough. The AI in that game is still better than most games today. Another game with rather impressive combat AI was Severance: Blade of Darkness. While fighting multiple enemies, the fuckers strafing towards your flank and back were really frustrating.. in a good way.

I think there is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of room for improvement in FPS AI. Enemies can be way more effective behind cover and fight against you in harmony. Groups A could pin you down badly while Group B storms toward you to zerg you... just to throw an example out there. I think I could leave it at that and still make my point.

Truly impressive AI is literally a hundred times better than the illusion of it.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 11:19 Eldaron Imotholin

briktal wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 11:17:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 10:51:
You know... I actually agree with you. There have been moments in the CoD games I enjoyed. Modern Warfare 2 even had an ending I thought was rather awesome.

Still, to me.. it's one of the least satisfying SP games I've played. It truly doesn't feel like an FPS should, and the hordes of scripted events, invisible walls and liniair gamestyle really suck. You're basically just playing a House Of The Dead sort of game. The only difference is that you have control on whether you move forward or stand still...

The problem is, the alternative doesn't make as much sense in these games. I mean, if you look at a game like Half-Life, if your goal is to get from A to C, you go down a linear path to B, some obstacle, then have to go down a linear path to B' to get around the obstacle, then continue on down a linear path to C. In a Call of Duty game you just blow up the obstacle at B.

No no, it's not just that. It's the whole fucking illusion that the enemy has AI, too, for example.

EVERYTHING is scripted in games like CoD and MoH. Yes, even where the enemies pop up.. where they cover.. and even how they drop dead.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 11:18 Eldaron Imotholin

Ah, the famous theater mode. Bringing the act of online self-aggrendizement to a new level. The kids must find it an orgasmic feature indeed.  

1552 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo