Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Amigone

Real Name Mr. Amigone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eldaron Imotholin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2003, 22:21
Total Comments 1552 (Pro)
User ID 15836

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Trailer
9. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 14, 2010, 17:48 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2010, 03:11:
I'm not sure why you assume that the game must be finished by now. Arkham Asylum was released in August 2009, which means that Arkham City has been in development for only a little more than year. It usually takes at least two years to make a good game.

Haha Jerykk can't you see Cutter was mocking me by being sarcastic?

Well, actually... I'm not that surprised if you couldn't because the mocking was rather silly and I still don't know if I should feel offended by the absurdity of it or be genuinely entertained.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
74. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 14, 2010, 10:02 Eldaron Imotholin

Jdrez wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 18:03:
not going the console/mainstream way

You're kidding right?

Come on. You know it's over. This game won't be the Morrowind successor that us old school PC people want. I don't know what it will be, but I'll bet my kidneys and anything else you want that it will, in fact, be 100% directed at console.

The reason games as we once knew them went away is it became a socially acceptable hobby, and now all the "normal" people play. And the hardcore are a serious minority.

Our wallets don't speak loudly enough for AAA devs to worry about our wants when they know that Halo/Gears of War nation will buy three million copies of their 360 game.

Sorry.

I agree with what you're saying.

The misunderstanding here is that I meant "going the console way" differently than you interpreted it. There's "going the console way" ala Fallout: New Vegas and "going the console way" ala Splinter Cell: Conviction.

With this clarification I think enough is said, aye?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Trailer
6. Re: Batman: Arkham City Trailer Dec 13, 2010, 18:53 Eldaron Imotholin

That "Fall 2011" hit me in the nuts so hard I'll never be a dada.

Every promising game: Fall 2011. *sigh*

Ok except for The Witcher 2.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
66. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 13, 2010, 16:53 Eldaron Imotholin

High hopes for this one. Somehow I trust Bethesda is not going the console/mainstream way with this title but take what they did wrong in Oblivion and make it right and way better.

They're not going to take away free roaming. They're not going to take away exploring a massive world with countless dungeons and quests. That we know.

They've also seen the success of Fallout 3 / New Vegas.

Yup. My guts tell me this game is gonna be epic. Mark. My. Words.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Announced
25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Announced Dec 13, 2010, 09:20 Eldaron Imotholin

Blue, do you really think that was Commander Shepard sniping? Did you even watch the video? Like the first guy in this thread said, it's not Shepard. I don't think it's a random dude either. Hell, it's almost like Bioware and Crytek have some sort of relationship because that guy looks AND sounds like Psycho from Crysis  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Announced
22. Re: Mass Effect 3 Announced Dec 13, 2010, 02:53 Eldaron Imotholin

Fearing the game would only take place on Earth implies Shepard wouldn't be chilling in the Normandy and that's bullocks.

Furthermore I can't say this is much of a surprise for anyone ^^ Who didn't expect ME3 in 2011?

News Comments > Quote of the Day
21. Re: Quote of the Day Dec 11, 2010, 21:49 Eldaron Imotholin

I dunno if it's my English, or the fact it's 3:49 AM for me atm... but while I was reading the quote I was sure it was someone saying bad stuff about EA in an overly sarcastic fashion. When I read it was someone from EA.. I was like "Huh?".

Seriously, try reading it from my perspective.

Singleplayer is dead my ass. If that's truly gonna be the case in the near future, I'd best start looking for a new hobby.

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
58. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 11, 2010, 18:10 Eldaron Imotholin

I think you're one of the relative few that know this then, Seph. Most Americans I've met had no idea! ^^

And yeah they are asshats. I wanted to buy a bunch of Kinder chocolate in New York for xmas presents last year and for something that should've cost around 15 dollars max I had to pay 35 or maybe even 40 dollars. They had no pricetag so I didnt expect it. I didnt buy it of course. Nor did I propose putting them back where I got them. The way they wanted to rob me for such an absurd price pissed me off.

It's too bad for you guys. Some of the europian stuff (cheese too for example) is so much better, imo.

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
56. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 11, 2010, 13:47 Eldaron Imotholin

Now that we're talking about candy.. I have to say something: Chocolate in America blows. If you ever get near a store that imports chocolate from Europe.. buy "Kinder" chocolate. My American family plus like whole freaking Connecticut by now is convinced and will agree with me. Hershey(sp?) chocolate is a joke.

Don't feel offended. Trust me, a new world opens up after ye followed my advice. ^^

News Comments > Dragon Gaming Speech Pack
11. Re: Dragon Gaming Speech Pack Dec 10, 2010, 06:50 Eldaron Imotholin

I don't get it. How is this practical?  

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2 Demo
38. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Demo Dec 9, 2010, 10:35 Eldaron Imotholin

InBlack wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 10:27:
All this coming from a terrible, horrible PC Elitist who hates all things console and....stuff...

Hihi, epic.

I agree wholeheartedly. Dead Space is a solid, fun and at some points even extremely fucking startling scary game.

Workaround:
1. Turn off Vsync ingame. Still issues?;
2. Force Vsync on (or was it off? Can't remember) in your drivers. ATI drivers?;
3. Download d3doverrider.exe and do step 2 with that 3rd party thingy.

31. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Demo Dec 9, 2010, 09:02 Eldaron Imotholin

Like I said earlier, the one issue DS had with the controls has a workaround that's not hard to apply.

Sure, it sucks you as a gamer had to tinker a bit for the game to work properly while that's the devs' job.. but I'd think that's a bane you're willing to accept as a PC gamer. I personally find such complains holding little weight.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch
34. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Dec 9, 2010, 08:55 Eldaron Imotholin

You're right, Ant. Even coupons aren't an excuse to just buy the game. They don't expire til 2015 and of course a time I could use them for something I surely want. The Witcher 2 for example.

*sigh* I didn't want your logic

I'll try to resist... for now.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch
32. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Dec 9, 2010, 05:37 Eldaron Imotholin

AnointedSword wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 19:52:
This game is still calling my name. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:)

Same here. So annoying. I got two giftcoupons worth 25,- total so maybe I'll just buy it. No idea what else to do with them.

Goblin hunter....

26. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Demo Dec 9, 2010, 05:22 Eldaron Imotholin

Agrikaan wrote on Dec 9, 2010, 04:57:
I have no interest in BUYING this product for PC. I bought and paid full price for the DS1, and it didn't work, controls were completely boorked. And with me tinkering and editing INI files, I managed to get the control to just very very bad. Unplayable.

Ah were you struck by that fucked up vsync issue, perhaps? I got it after I upgraded my PC. DS was unplayable due to utterly messed up mouse sensitivity fluctuations. Had to force vsync in driver setting. Didnt work on ATI so had to download 3rd party stuff.

As for Spindoctor... you sound miserable and unhappy.

PS: Blues, I'm hurt to the core you didnt make me famous for mailing you this news

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2010, 18:35 Eldaron Imotholin

Good, space captain. Just let it allll out. Better out than in, I always say. And if there's too much anger in you, just sitting down and cry a little can really help.

This or that, we're here for you.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfix
8. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfix Dec 8, 2010, 16:19 Eldaron Imotholin

QUICK QUESTION:

IF!!! I'm getting Cataclysm... does that mean I'm getting a free month? Or do I have to pay 30,- PLUS 13,-? Because that would be a bigass demotivator.

News Comments > EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs
24. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 15:22 Eldaron Imotholin

3. Asia is basically another world.  

News Comments > EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs
17. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 14:23 Eldaron Imotholin

Jdrez wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 13:58:
MxxCon wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 13:44:
WoW got to 10million users not because of marketing but because of the quality of the product.

Hardly. WoW got big because it was accessible to non-gamers, was Mac/PC out of the box, would run on any hardware due to crap graphics, and became extremely trendy.

There's nothing special about WoW beyond it's adoption by the drooling masses who don't actually play games.

No, I don't agree with this at all.

WoW's graphics may be crap by now... but a few years ago they were... well, lets call it "smart". The textures, albeit cartoonish, are sharp and you don't need a high-end PC to run the game on high details. That, plus the fact this game actually IS open-world. It never has to load unless you change continents or enter instances.

There also was a time where WoW had a beautiful ballance between accessibility and complexity. Experienced gamers had a big adventage. They were able to save the moment with their skills as a player, if a noob fucked things up. These days the game is holding your hand. Giving noobs and adventage and limiting experts.

WoW is or was a good game/MMO by many, many standards. That the hype around it made many people think otherwise is certainly understandable, but only that, if you ask me.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff
53. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff Dec 8, 2010, 10:39 Eldaron Imotholin

But you cant use the x-realm dungeon finder for raids, right? I think thats why high pop realms are better for raid pugging. But yeah, the login queues suck.  

1552 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo