Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mr. Amigone

Real Name Mr. Amigone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Eldaron Imotholin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 16, 2003, 22:21
Total Comments 1555 (Pro)
User ID 15836

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Back to the Future: The Game Ep. 1 Free
9. Re: Back to the Future: The Game Ep. 1 Free Apr 2, 2011, 08:13 Eldaron Imotholin

Shadowcat wrote on Apr 2, 2011, 05:54:
It's free. Why not give it a shot?
How about this:
if you provide TELLTALE, Inc. with your e-mail address or personal identifying information via a registration process or post it or submit it on TELLTALE you thereby authorize TELLTALE, Inc. and its affiliates and any entities that TELLTALE, Inc. becomes involved with or merges with or becomes acquired by, the right to use your valid email address and personal identifying information for marketing programs or communications with you.

Care.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 2 Workarounds
56. Re: Crysis 2 Workarounds Mar 30, 2011, 18:46 Eldaron Imotholin

I'm having this one issue where my Nano-tech isn't saved and sometimes not collected. It kinda sucks.

Might have something to do with the pirated version that I used as a demo I'm still playing, while my original copy is in arm's reach. Should've reinstalled, maybe..

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation
23. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation Mar 28, 2011, 17:11 Eldaron Imotholin

That, and considering how awesome the performance of this game is.. CryEngine 3 kicks the older one's ass. This game paints true beauty on the screen that runs smoothly on max settings on my year-and-a-half or so old system.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation
15. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Speculation Mar 28, 2011, 15:02 Eldaron Imotholin

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 28, 2011, 14:30:
The game looks so amazing already that honestly I care very little.

This!

News Comments > Crysis 2 Patched
34. Re: Crysis 2 Patched Mar 24, 2011, 15:39 Eldaron Imotholin

Some of the "complaints" here about Crysis 2 not being open, I do not get. I never considered Crysis to be open. There was one obvious road to walk and going any other way was a waste of time. Crysis wasn't even remotely open world, but it painted the illusion of one pretty well.  

News Comments > Windows Gaming eXperience Video
13. Re: Windows Gaming eXperience Video Mar 22, 2011, 14:08 Eldaron Imotholin

This almost made me fucking cry. And I'm in a classroom...  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Patch
24. Re: Dragon Age II Patch Mar 18, 2011, 09:37 Eldaron Imotholin

I completely agree with most folks here. Especially Verno and Stingingvelvet.

This should've been a game with the Dragon Age IP... but not Dragon Age 2. My god what the hell were they thinking with recycling everything?! They recycled the chapters, the weapons, the armors, the maps..!

And the story, thin as shit. Did anyone give a damn? Did anyone feel remotely emotionally attached to anything to make a sensible decision at the end? Sadly there wasn't the "I'm leaving this fuckhole and my companions can die with the rest of you." option.

PS: I also accidentily skipped out on Isabella. A. Whole. Fucking. Companion! Because I decided to NOT randomly travel my tedious ass to the Hanged Man somewhere during the first chapter in that random city.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Beta Patch
115. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 15, 2011, 12:24 Eldaron Imotholin

I love R.A. Salvatore  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Beta Patch
96. Re: Dragon Age II Beta Patch Mar 14, 2011, 14:05 Eldaron Imotholin

Everything in this game shows it's quickly shitted out. They recycle alllll the designs nonstop; Weapon models, armor, and worst of all: level design.

Every fuckin' dungeon is exactly the same. Bioware must be ashamed of what they created, even though it will probably sell anyway since the console community is mostly a bunch of mindless wankers.

That said, I admit that the game is entertaining enough to remain on my computer for a little while longer, albeit pirated. Bioware turned into a marketing whore, and I'm not paying anyone who sells their soul.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
151. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 28, 2011, 07:19 Eldaron Imotholin

I played the demo again, this time finishing in because I had the time.

I'm not feeling it. It just leaves me completely cold. Somehow you can feel/experience the passion developers have put in their project. I felt it with DAO. I especially felt it with that flawed game, The Witcher, which allowed it to become such a succes. With DA2 I felt nothing. The dialogue was so freaking crap that literally nothing my hero said came out the way I fucking wanted it. Very frustrating and unsatisfying. The combat got so dumbed down that I laugh at the fact they use it to promote the game. It's boring, and 10 minutes into my first playthrough.. I was already thinking "BOOORIINNG!!" during the 15th wave of Darkspawn.

I'm not going to buy this game. I did a "mark my words" on this game last year, and it turned out exactly the way I expected it.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
110. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 24, 2011, 11:16 Eldaron Imotholin

To me the demo feels like a dumbed down, rushed piece of crap that received no loving whatsoever in the making of it.

The environments are extremely bland, we've heard them voice-actors a thousand times before in a hundred other games and the whole thing just left me completely and utterly underwhelmed.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
59. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 11:02 Eldaron Imotholin

Oh my.. I really feel sorry for Crytek. This is beyond nasty of the folks who leaked this. I mean, that pirated versions get on torrents... it sucks but shit obviously happens. The thing is that people will have the chance to either buy the game or pirate it if they want it, and luckily there are "enough" people who have the morals to walk to a store or buy it online.

No such options now. I admit that I sometimes pirate games which I don't deem worthy enough to spend cash on (if I couldn't pirate them, I wouldn't buy them anyway). But I will NOT touch this leak. Ugh.. this is beyond nasty. Almost as nasty as the way I feel today. Way too much whiskey last night..

News Comments > Fallen Earth Plans
3. Re: Fallen Earth Plans Feb 5, 2011, 12:42 Eldaron Imotholin

I'm often confused with Dark Earth when I read Fallen Earth.

Dark Earth was one of the best action/adventure games I've ever played in my life...

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
55. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jan 19, 2011, 14:27 Eldaron Imotholin

ZOMBIE-THREAD! KILL IT!  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
54. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 16, 2011, 06:05 Eldaron Imotholin

"So, wha about the PC? Doing a demo for that one?"
"Neh, fuck the PC."
"Yeah."
"Yeah!"
"Indeed."
"Then the decision is made. The PC won't have a demo!"
*wild cheering errupts all around the office*

That's how these kinda decisions are made, I believe...

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm LP Soundtrack
4. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm LP Soundtrack Jan 12, 2011, 13:44 Eldaron Imotholin

Let this set the tone of today's media retardedness. Last I looked an LP was a long-playing phonograph record designed to be played at 33.3 rpm. We're way too far ahead in the future that iTunes can shit that out somehow.  

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month
55. Re: Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month Jan 12, 2011, 07:18 Eldaron Imotholin

Alright.

It's just so that more often than not when there's a topic going on about MMO's, the non-lovers try their best to make it sound like those games are shallow pieces of crap. But it's a genre, completely different from RPGs, FPS' or any other genre. Some ppl may just aswell complain that they can't do headshots in an RTS.

News Comments > Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sequel Plans
7. Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior Sequel Plans Jan 11, 2011, 21:12 Eldaron Imotholin

I think it was ok too. They should've sticked with playing one character though: that sniper dude. I didn't like the frontal assaults with assault rifles. I'll play the CoD crap for that.

The sniping and crawling about was alright.

PS: I would've slit my wrists if I had to play this SNIPING game on a CONTROLLER though.

53. Re: Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month Jan 11, 2011, 08:06 Eldaron Imotholin

People that expect every quest to be an awesome experience on itself, in an MMO, are completely and utterly delusional. How many quests does Mass Effect 2 have? Take that amount and multiply it by, what... 100 if not much more?

And MMORPG is about leveling up; gearing up; having much fun with other people; the thrill of pulling off complex co÷rdinations/tactics in groups; exploring; and most certainly more things, but this list are my reasons for playing.

Sure, maybe many quests are "grindy" (I indeed misinterpreted you on that, StingingVelvet) but atleast there are quests to get you leveled, unlike in many other MMO's. But is an MMORPG only about leveling up and gearing up? Most certainly not, as my above alinea points out.

I don't even care if my healing Priest doesn't get any gear during an instance run. I just love the runs on their own, especially if you have a group with lively people.

41. Re: Cataclysm Sells 4.7M in One Month Jan 10, 2011, 21:41 Eldaron Imotholin

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 20:57:
Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 19:41:
What is so good about this game? I'm honestly curious as you're like the 3rd person to mention it in this topic alone.

They sent me a beta key and it's WoW with ugly UE3-style graphics, all muddy and brown. Everything is identical to WoW except for the Rift events, which I didn't bother with. The writing was worse as well, and the design.

Pretty lame overall, but that's a "MMOs are meh" person talking. If you have been playing WoW nonstop for 6 years and love that kind of grindy bullshit I would imagine a new game that's exactly the same and competent is some amazing thing.

The last time WoW was "grindy" was even BEFORE The Burning Crusade came out. The last time I grinded with my character was 5 years ago in the Eastern Plaguelands, and only from lvl 56 to 60 (lvlcap). And even that wasn't necessary if I knew where the proper quests were.

1555 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo