Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Spike

Real Name Spike   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Spike
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2003, 17:28
Total Comments 27 (Suspect)
User ID 15760

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
3. Re: Star Lords Trailer Nov 19, 2013, 23:45 Spike

Wasn't MOO originally called Star Lords? I'm sure that is an intentional bit of homage. Of course they are setting themselves up for a rather large backlash if they put out a shoddy game.
It is an okay teaser trailer, not sure the graphics/gameplay look very compelling.
4X games seem almost impossible to get right these days so good luck to them, I'll be waiting for reviews when it makes it to market.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2013, 01:53 Spike

Thanks for the feedback guys, will give them a try later today.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 25, 2013, 19:38 Spike

Anyone bought any bundles from Groupees?
They have a bundle type sale going for some shooters which seems like a good deal but haven't heard of them before.

http://groupees.com/doujin2

News Comments > On Sale
41. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 21:12 Spike

Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:59:
Don't bother with the deluxe version. Get the regular one. There is literally nothing in the deluxe version that's worth paying money for.

Creston

Yeah I'm going to stick with the regular version for sure. Will be pulling the trigger on the GMG deal soon. (Thanks nin!)

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 14:17 Spike

Anyone spot any good deals on Guild Wars 2? I'm finally thinking of grabbing it but haven't been able to find any good deals.
I may jump on that Digital Deluxe deal on the Guild Wars site but would rather get the regular/digital version if possible.

Thanks in advance.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
75. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 15, 2012, 01:25 Spike

Was amazed years ago when I saw the first teaser for this but I admit I basically forgot about it over the years. Nice to see it finally released.

Any word on when it's coming out on Steam? I have enough else to keep me busy ATM and I'd rather have it updated automatically/etc on Steam.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
17. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Feb 29, 2012, 22:38 Spike

Not sure why the drop is an issue for so many -- as nutshell42 said there has been rules for air/orbital drops in Battletech long before MW ever came out. (and yes they don't use regular JJs, not what they were made for)

Lack of actual gameplay footage is a much better gripe since we all know a pretty trailer doesn't mean a good game.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Data Jammers: FastForward
1. Re: Gone Gold - Data Jammers: FastForward Oct 7, 2011, 18:31 Spike

Looks like it could be fun.
Glad to see there will be a demo, helps greatly in deciding whether to buy or not these days with so many games to play.

News Comments > New Digitally Distributed Games
1. Re: New Digitally Distributed Games May 11, 2011, 23:27 Spike

Has anyone tried Steel Storm and have thoughts on it?
Been ages since I've played a top-down shooter but looks decent from the videos I've seen. Any other games in a similar style worth playing?

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 22:38 Spike

Decided to grab the new demo for ARMA II:Operation Arrowhead and it is much more polished than the old demo was. Think I will be grabbing that Amazon deal.
I was reading a post about the DLC and they recommended if you bought from Amazon/(non-steam) that you could buy the DLC directly from Bohemia Interactive at http://store.bistudio.com/

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2010, 16:54 Spike

Thanks for the Amazon link, that is a good deal. I am wondering a bit like PHJF though -- has this been patched up enough for it to be worthwhile?
I did play the demo quite awhile back and my impression of it was that it was a buggy mess. At the time quite a few people were saying just wait for it to be patched and it'll get better, but back then it certainly didn't seem worth full price.

News Comments > MoH Taliban Renamed
70. Re: MoH Taliban Renamed Oct 1, 2010, 18:14 Spike

While I do think this was and is basically a publicity stunt why do people keep bringing up comparisons to WWII?

Seems fairly obvious that the big difference is that WWII ended 65 years ago, while service members are dying TODAY to the Taliban.
It makes a big difference in how they need to handle things like this and I'm surprised it even needs to be spelled out.

News Comments > Arcen Gives to Charity, Needs Help
1. Re: Arcen Gives to Charity, Needs Help Sep 14, 2010, 22:47 Spike

Sad to see these guys are having problems, I bought AI War awhile back and always have a good time whenever I load it up. (though it takes way more time than I really have..)
Seems like they burned themselves a bit by releasing an expansion totally for charity and committing to version 4.0 for free to existing users. I'm all for giving but not when you are that close to going under altogether.

I hope they can work their way out of this, once they get the new expansion on Steam I'll be buying it too. (more for my backlog!)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 18:18 Spike

Really sorry to hear that Blue -- my father has been going through tough times with heart problems lately but still I imagine it is only a small amount of what you must be going through.
Take all the time you need.

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II on Steam, Sale, New Demo
1. Re: Eschalon: Book II on Steam, Sale, New Demo Jul 12, 2010, 21:37 Spike

Anyone give this or the first one a try and have thoughts on it?

I've got a mighty backlog of games to play but will probably grab the demo and see how it is.

News Comments > On the World of Goo Sale
33. Re: On the World of Goo Sale Oct 20, 2009, 17:45 Spike

This game was released a year ago, so yeah this is basically a fire sale which (some?) seem to be forgetting. A "huge success" is relative because they've ALREADY sold a ton of copies (at regular price) which means they can accept a penny and still be happy with it.

Not sure how someone could come to the conclusion that this proves games are overpriced. Somehow I doubt they would have initially released the game at this price.

That said it is good PR for them and I'm glad it was a success, hopefully we'll see other developers follow suit on their older games.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2009, 00:53 Spike

Thanks, will be buying it this weekend for sure. Might take awhile until I can get around to play them but they sound good from the comments here. Will look into getting Contracts once I play through the first two.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 8, 2009, 22:41 Spike

Any comments on Hitman series for $10?
I already have an incredible backlog of games to play but don't mind adding a series to my collection for $10 if they are worth playing.

News Comments > Killing Floor Patched
3. Re: Killing Floor Patched Jun 4, 2009, 22:12 Spike

The game itself is decent for the price ($20), but it is really an online coop game. Single player is only Solo which gets boring real fast, no bot teammates or anything just you vs the "specimens" (basically zombies) on random maps.
The game only shipped with 5 or so maps but the community has already released a bunch which will certainly extend the playtime on this.

If you are looking for some fun online coop then worth a look anyways.

News Comments > Dominions 3 Patch
4. Re: Dominions 3 Patch Mar 17, 2009, 20:20 Spike

I remember a year or two ago thinking "How are they STILL selling this at full price ($55)?" and now almost 3 years after release they still are?
After playing the demo back then I thought the game was interesting, but not worth $55, and that hasn't changed in all that time.

I get the fact that niche products typically keep prices high to offset their few sales but at this point it's out of principle that I'd never buy the game at that price.

27 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo