Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ShakyJake

Real Name ShakyJake   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 9, 2003, 16:30
Total Comments 81 (Suspect)
User ID 15748

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale
4. Re: Mount&Blade Free on GOG.com Fall Sale Nov 12, 2014, 22:27 ShakyJake

I really hope M&B 2 happens. After all the Bannerlord announcements happened last year, all talk about it just seemed to dry up. Warband is a brilliantly fun game, but an updated version would be nice.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer Nov 8, 2014, 17:28 ShakyJake

$40 for this expansion? That seems a little hefty. Even the Western Front pack they put out seemed a bit slim for $20+, and this is double the price.  

News Comments > Another Diablo III Season Exploit
4. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 03:40 ShakyJake

The season is supposed to make the game more attractive for people playing at lower levels, since it's basically a "fresh start" for all people, and lets you be competitive with people who would otherwise have a huge paragon level and item advantage on you. There's also season-only equipment that can drop, so even people with crazy characters already might want to play it just to see the new stuff.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies Jun 24, 2014, 06:15 ShakyJake

I thought the winter storms were too gimmicky. That, and the completely overpowered mortars drove me away, though I've heard they've since toned them down. Maybe I'll try it again with the Western forces in...  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained
9. Re: Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained Jun 20, 2014, 15:32 ShakyJake

So you can't properly appreciate the gameplay if you're too busy being distracted by the graphics? That's a new one.  

News Comments > H1Z1 "My Evil Ways" E3 Trailer
13. Re: H1Z1 Jun 9, 2014, 17:02 ShakyJake

djinn wrote on Jun 9, 2014, 16:35:
Yep. As one example, they replaced the inventory system in the standalone of Dayz and I gotta say it isn't much better than the mod. In some ways, a little more confusing.

More confusing? I thought it was a vast improvement over the original now that it visually indicates what you're carrying and where. The only added complexity I can see in the new system is that the carrying space is split across a number of smaller pockets about your person, but I like that change. No more generic amorphous inventory.

The game is still a mess, though. Maybe in about a year I'll go back and hope for the best.

News Comments > Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion
14. Re: Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion Apr 24, 2014, 02:12 ShakyJake

Yosemite Sam wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:28:
Where's the damn tanks! Guess at this point it'll never happen, that makes me a sad panda... and makes RO2 a no sale.

Yeah, no kidding. I remember the reason they "held the tanks back" was that they ran out of time to make them work properly since the new game was so much more complex. The promise was that the tanks would come shortly after release, and the halftracks would be in the next update. It's been two and a half years and we've only got those halftracks now? And not a peep about the rest of the armor? Those big armor maps were seriously a lot of fun, and I was looking forward to seeing how much better they could be with the new engine. Alas, seems it'll never happen.

News Comments > Blood Bowl 2 Gameplay Footage
3. Re: Blood Bowl 2 Gameplay Footage Apr 15, 2014, 16:02 ShakyJake

I really hope we're not going to get just four teams again and have to wait five years (and a hundred dollars in new editions) to get where we are now.  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Alpha Begins; Early Access Nears
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Alpha Begins; Early Access Nears Apr 4, 2014, 08:19 ShakyJake

This has been completely off my radar. I'm still feeling the burn from the last game. Considering that they're basing this off of a kickstarter with an admittedly limited budget, just how complete a title is this going to be? Back in Action was just too frustrating when I realized that core features and elements from the original series were missing from what was supposed to be a revamped game.  

News Comments > Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders
4. Re: Combat Mission: Red Thunder Preorders Feb 4, 2014, 02:14 ShakyJake

This is a really great series, but I'm constantly disappointed by the pricing. $60 is downright tame compared to the prices some of the last big release went for. Seriously, we have content packs that change the setting and equipment of Battle for Normandy to related theaters, and they're on the store for $75-$90? There was even a major patch that fixed a bunch of problems with the base game and offered various improvements to the interface, but you have to pay for it. As much as I love the series, it's increasingly hard to justify the price to myself, let alone trying to get some friends to buy it for multiplayer matches.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jan 30, 2014, 08:25 ShakyJake

It took years to get all the various teams into the first game. I'd hate to see them take just as long to do the same with this one, especially considering how they started charging full price for each updated version.  

News Comments > DayZ Sales Soar
24. Re: DayZ Sales Soar Dec 18, 2013, 14:35 ShakyJake

Currently my experience seems to be empty houses for as far as I can see. You can go into just about any house now, but it doesn't matter because there's never anything inside. I know Rocket said that he was going to make scavenging harder in Standalone, but I've died from hunger/thirst three times now. In the whole time I've played the game, I've found precisely two cans of sardines.

Anyone else having this problem? If this were the mod I'd suspect the server of being at fault for not spawning gear, but no matter which servers I try it's still the same. An occasional rotten orange here or there, or maybe a broken M4 in a barracks, but really very little else.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 37 More Games
8. Re: Steam Greenlights 37 More Games Oct 17, 2013, 06:37 ShakyJake

First person view mod for Alien Swarm? Did it just come full circle?  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patched
4. Re: Total War: ROME II Patched Oct 2, 2013, 08:32 ShakyJake

They've really fixed the coop campaign AI turn problems. What used to take 5 minutes is now approaching the speed of the single-player (~1 minute). Really, though, I can't believe they still haven't fixed agents being unable to deploy inside friendly territory in the multiplayer campaign. That seems like a rather obvious problem compared to some of the obscure fixes I'm seeing in each iteration of patch notes.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3
2. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3 Sep 21, 2013, 06:40 ShakyJake

Have you tried multiplayer coop yet? I can't seem to "deploy" agents in my own territories in multiplayer coop, and I don't see this talked about on the forums, or addressed in any of these patch notes. A real pain when I want to set a diplomat to administrate for the tax increase!  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
7. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Sep 11, 2013, 07:57 ShakyJake

Massively outmatched during a naval invasion of my city, I sent my meager garrison fleet of two ships towards the enemy fleet to do what I could. The enemy ships redirected to the other side of the map, formed up into a pretty formation... and waited until the time ran out. They then fled the city and somehow I won. I have no illusions that Shogun 2 had perfect battle AI (it didn't), but somehow I feel that it never failed to actually come at me, no matter how stupidly. It's only been a few battles so far, but I'm seeing really weird behavior from the AI in Rome 2, especially whever there's a dual land/sea battle.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch Friday
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch Friday Sep 4, 2013, 22:53 ShakyJake

As much as I'm loving the game, I'm really hoping they can fix whatever is happening with the AI turn length during multiplayer coop games. What normally takes me 30 seconds to sit through in singleplayer takes upwards of five minutes of waiting even when both players have high end rigs and settings turned down. Very strange, and tedious.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans Aug 24, 2013, 06:45 ShakyJake

It IS turn-based! Only the battles themselves are in real time. The whole strategic layer is turn-based.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk
13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 07:08 ShakyJake

Wait, so multiplayer is in? I'd read something last month about it not being in the game until a future update, and hadn't planned on getting it until my friends and I (who loved the board game) could all play together. If it's in now, I'll have to play buy it.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 25, 2013, 03:52 ShakyJake

Bigger squads would be totally balanced if only they could go back to spawning ONLY on the squad leader, and not just anyone in the squad. During big battles in BF2, you'd see just where the stream of players were coming from and could circle back around the enemy and assassinate the squad leader while he was trying to hide in the back. Bam, no more forward spawn point for the guys getting gunned down afterwards. As it is right now, people just popping out of thin air into every gunfight takes a lot of fun out of some of these fights.  

81 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo