Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for drt

Real Name drt   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname drt
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 7, 2003, 04:30
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 15725

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > World in Conflict New Content Details
18. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2008, 04:15 drt

no one in their right mind would pre-order this game for the 360. it gets pushed out by several months, every time the previous ship date nears.

loved WIC on the PC, but the lack of depth led me to lose interest quickly.

hope this expansion adds quite a bit of stuff - if it does, i'll pick it up and come back to playing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World in Conflict Map, Server, & More
2. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2007, 05:23 drt

so awesome that they have in-game map downloads - this game will have extremely long legs, just due to that feature alone.

News Comments > World in Conflict Trial
4. stacked games Nov 21, 2007, 05:35 drt

it's true, most players in multi on WIC tend to stack the teams, and pummel noobs (who don't know any better to check the teams), which is unfortunate.

the game itself is awesome though, and it looks like (and i really hope) that the new map distribution will work well (aside from the massgate outtage the other night).

i just hope more maps are made available, and user created maps are easy to distribute.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 05:38.

News Comments > BF2142 Beta Concludes
10. Re: POE Sep 16, 2006, 01:04 drt

huge bf1942 fan (desert combat of course and love bf2. POE2 breathes a -lot- of new life into bf2 for sure.

2142 demo kinda sucked. think battlefield vietnam + quake.

i'll pass on 2142, and stick with the bf2 mods (company of heroes will be chewing up most of my time for a while though i think)

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
5. Re: So how is it? Sep 16, 2006, 00:57 drt

i'm a huge RTS fan, and yes, this game will go down in history as the next level in the genre. -definately- worth picking up.

i havn't played multiplayer yet, but have been playing single all night (played the demo to death).

i'm playing at 1920x1200, high/medium everything, antialiasing off (don't really need it at this res), and it's smooth. not sure if these settings will hold in a large multiplayer game or not, but they're fine for 1v1 vs. computer on hard.

i'm on my desktop, with a P4 3.2ghz, 2gb mem, AGP Nvidia 7800GS w 256mb vid ram.

zero crashes so far, but am pulling down the patch anyway.

the audio, graphics and gameplay in this are awesome. can't say enough good things about this game.

News Comments > New Company of Heroes Demo
29. Re: Fat machine? Sep 6, 2006, 20:23 drt

the gameplay is awesome. this will quickly become top RTS, that's for sure.

this demo is much more improved over the pc gamer dvd version.

News Comments > New Company of Heroes Demo
1. awesome game - be sure to have a fat box Sep 5, 2006, 13:33 drt

i played a version of this demo from the most recent pc gamer mag dvd. very cool game. definately an improvement over your typical RTS. lots of cool/different units, most of which can be improved over time. the voice/sound is best-of-breed, and the demo has a sweet map that you set up defensive positions ahead of time, and wait for the germans to attack.

however, you will want to have a -fat- machine and graphics card to run this. i ran it on medium-everything on my laptop (acer 8204, core duo 2ghz and ATI x1600), and it was handling it, but got clunky at parts.

especially towards the end, got lots of buildings flickering in and out, over and above what the game is supposed to do (i think it removes roofs and stuff to show you internal units, but that may have just been these graphics problems showing up near the end - not sure)

anyway, definately worth an overnight download if you dig RTS games, and have a beefy machine to play on.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Crytek CEO: Crysis Not Possible on C Aug 31, 2006, 02:13 drt

normally i'm not a spelling nazi, but fion please learn to spell - my eyes are bleeding after reading your post. helarious, increadible, boarderline, inovations, duel core...

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Demo Plans
23. poe2 is more fun Aug 31, 2006, 01:57 drt

i've been playing the bf2142 demo a bit, courtesy of my fileplanet subscription from a while back.

have to be honest though, pointofexistence2 is more fun.

bf2142 feels like quake, and is all about capping flags. actual combat and squad tactics seem to take the back seat. feels like you're just going in circles capping flags, and then if you're lucky, popping up to the main ship near the round's end for a bit of actual close in combat.

poe2 however feels more like old bf1942, with a dash of desert combat. squad tactics, armor and footsoldier combat are enhanced it seems. the new maps are pretty good, and it's definately well put together.

i suspect bf2142 will end up just like battlefield vietnam did in my collection. played for a couple weeks before i went back to a good mod for the mainstay (bf2+poe2 in this case, bf1942+dc back then)

i may pass on 2142 altogether, depending on some more full reviews once it's out.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Info Tomorrow
40. Re: The Anti-BF2 minority/majority? Aug 12, 2006, 06:05 drt

To all the 5 year old retards saying "Use adblock!", the reason they need full page pop-up ads is because of inconsiderate fucks like you.

bzzzt. wrong answer nimrod.

no one -needs- to use ads like that at all. big flashy pop-up ads just work better on kids, and those that don't have the common sense to bypass them.

unobtrusive text ads (see google) are just fine.

all the rest: adblocked.

but by all means, you go ahead keep putting up with those lame pop-ups if you feel it's your duty or somethin...

btw, flashblock should also be added to that list of extensions (except for you guys who think 'whack a mole and win $$$' is somehow a valid advertising strategy)

News Comments > BF2 Patch Info Tomorrow
19. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2006, 02:32 drt

good to know there will be details tomorrow. i'll be sure to stop back and check.

and for you clowns complaining about the ads on the site, get a fricken clue and use firefox + adblock + filterset g updater, and step into the 21st century.

bf2 rocks. those of you crying about bugs, go play halo with the rest of the 12 year old non-gamers out there.

News Comments > Faces of War Demo
10. won't execute for me Jul 20, 2006, 03:50 drt

says 'this application has failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem'. though re-installing didn't work. any ideas?

News Comments > BF1942: Secret Weapons Trailer
11. weak :( Jun 10, 2003, 23:00 drt

yes, this is not in-game footage, but simply some cut scene they threw together for the game intro.

it appears i'm not the only one who thinks that adding a few BS futuristic weapons to the WWII setting is LAME. i will not buy this. no interest. and especially after that joke of an expansion 'road to rome'. -everything- about that expansion was weak.

at least we have desert combat, eve of destruction, and PLENTY of complete games that do everything BF1942 does.

EA should just sit back and crank out GOOD map packs, and they should have done this ages ago. it's such a drag (with exception of the most recent DC Map Pack) to get new, GOOD maps to play on. i was tired of the original BF1942 maps AGES ago, and with the exception of a few DC maps, found hardly any new maps to play on, with servers having more than a few players.

getting good new maps out to existing players should be a priority. not this BS 'what if' takes-away-from-the-reality-of-the-game secret weapons mod, which will no doubt be pricey, and NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

(and before you reply saying i'm pre-judging this, then think long and hard about road to rome, and how much you paid for it - [for those of us who do pay for games - warez kiddies need not reply])

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Yes another fanboy AOM review Jan 6, 2003, 23:37 drt

no doubt. AOM sucks. myself and a large crew of friends have been playing the Age Of series since day one, pretty much every friday night. once again, we waited YEARS for the next Age game to arrive, and went right out and bought it.

upon firing it up, what did we find? yup, almost unplayable, incredibly confusing multiplayer setup. 9 races that are really 3, with a few misc units tossed in, and yes, the #$^%@#$ing 'Out of Sync' error in almost every multiplayer game.

needless to say, my crew and i no longer game friday nights. what a complete waste. never again will i buy a game like this from microsoft.

how is it that Warcraft3 can have such bulletproof multiplayer setup and gameplay, and AOM suck so bad?

man am i ticked off about this game.

obviously this reviewer fanboy got paid off by MSFT to glance at this game and give it a NINE OUT OF TEN (gimme a break! has he ever even seen WC3?!?), and never even tried a multiplayer game.

sigh.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo