Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25602 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 12:51 Creston

I can't believe why they were even considering letting people keep the billions of credits they were wrongly given. In a game where everyone manipulates the same economy, wouldn't that throw the entire economy completely out of whack?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 9, 2015, 12:43 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:32:
"Ultra HD Bluray" (ridiculous name, more buzz than the drawer beside your mom's bed)

HEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOO!!! *tapdances*

I feel there should be a Turbo in that name somewhere. In all caps. Ultra HD TURBO Bluray. And maybe a Synergistic. Ultra TURBO HD Synergistic Bluray. There.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 12:17 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:38:
No. I've defended Wheeler here. Not saying he's good, but saying wait and see. People often get really irate when someone goes from the industry to a position such as this, but it's hard to avoid that because you need someone in this position that really knows the industry, and how can someone have that without having been in the industry?

That's a fair enough argument, but this is the same guy that when Verizon pooped on the existing Net Neutrality 'rules' (ie, the silk-gloved handjob to the cableco industry given by that fucker Genachowski), his (Wheeler's) first comments were that he "favored the idea of fast lanes", that he didn't think there was anything wrong with the extortion peering agreements that led to all the cablecos just shafting Netflix up the ass, and that when he realized he'd have to redo the net neutrality debate he favored a "hybrid approach" which essentially meant that there'd be some rules in place to prevent corporations from screwing each over too wildly, but that essentially allowed whatever they fucking wanted towards the customers.

It wasn't until the Democrats lost both houses last November, and Obama suddenly realized he maybe should stand up for shit he'd been promising to stand up for BOTH times he got elected, that Wheeler now suddenly favors Title II reclassification. It's a pretty drastic reversal in position.

That said, don't expect anything to happen, really. Lawsuits will drag this out until 2016, at which point it's pretty likely that Wheeler will get kicked out of the FCC and the status quo of "take it up the ass from your corporate overlords, pay more and don't you fucking DARE use the internet speeds that you're paying for" will just continue.

But even so, it's remarkable how quickly Wheeler has changed course.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 11:35 Creston

Cox, a cable company, is similarly upset. "Without increased government intervention, the Internet has been extraordinarily successful and most customers have access to multiple broadband providers and unprecedented speeds, lies" the company told Ars. "Cox has increased speeds 1000 percent in the last 13 years lies, doubled speeds this year spin/FUD and started delivering Gigabit service to homes this month lies. Customers choose us because we provide a superior online experience that includes access to all legal sites and full transparency about how we manage our network. WE ARE THE ONLY FUCKING PROVIDER IN THEIR HOMETOWNS. A regulatory overreach is simply not required to ensure this continues. hey, something that's true!"

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 12:10.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 11:30 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 10:02:
I have to admit, I remember most people here were pretty worried after we learned it would be Wheeler but hes defying expectations so far in a wonderful way. I should be less cynical.

It can't be the same guy. He's either been brainwashed or someone just wacked him and put a somewhat similar looking guy in place.

In any case, trust the fucking assholes in Congress to put a stop to it. Apparently bribes lobbying money has been flowing like fucking water since Wheeler somewhat announced what he was planning to do, and the Mafia in the House of Representatives have been making out like bandits.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2015, 11:23 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:16:
Microsoft reassures Xbox One owners over DRM rights

"Don't worry about your DRM rights. You'll have none, just like you didn't have any before."

I like how MS says "Oh, don't worry, you can always just go into your download history and redownload the game from there."

Okay. What if that history is wiped somehow? What if your box breaks and you get a new one? Seems to me like you're gonna be screwed.

The message, as always: Don't Trust Microsoft On ANYTHING.

News Comments > Double Dragon Trilogy Next Week
2. Re: Double Dragon Trilogy Next Week Jan 9, 2015, 11:22 Creston

I'm glad so many publishers take the time to port mobile games to the PC, because clearly that's what we want.

{/sarcasm}

News Comments > GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords
9. Re: GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords Jan 8, 2015, 16:53 Creston

Dang, thanks fellas.  

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2015, 15:42 Creston

Like I'd said in yesterday's thread where this was originally posted, I don't use Snapchat because I don't want anyone to get any kind of ideas about me presumably using it to send pics to my wife's high school students.

Also, I've never used it, so I don't know, but is it really possible/that easy to mistake sending a picture to one person versus sending it to everyone on your snapchat list? In most applications, that's really not a simple mistake to make. So I'm going to guess he thought the girls would like seeing his dick, and when they didn't he quickly came up with the "it was a mistake!" excuse.

News Comments > GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords
4. Re: GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords Jan 8, 2015, 15:36 Creston

I'm confused. Why exactly did they put these passwords in to begin with? How is putting a password into something HELPING a Luddite (apparently we call them "less tech-savvy" now...) install a game?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 11:42 Creston

NEW ARCHER TONIGHT, MOPHUKKAS!!!!!!

Also, happy birthday, Frans! Thanks for keeping this place running all these years.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 11:40 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:59:
Btw.. Beth blog is one of the only sites on this planet that forces me on the German site when I enter the English url. And not even VPN circumvents it. What this means is that 9 out of 10 links to bethblog.com do not actually work for me! ;/

This interview though, they completely translated to German, with no way to see the "real" interview. wtf is up with that.

Time to move, homie!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 11:39 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 03:12:
I'm personally waiting to get a 970 or 980 with 8gb ram (only the 4gb variety are available now), and then going completely crazy (but tastefully) with a ultimate modded skyrim play through. I've yet to try any of the big DLC's even. Looking forward to it.

Your VRAM makes little to no difference on Skyrim's stability. It's the engine itself which craps out with too many mods installed .(especially memory hungry ones.)

You'd see absolutely no difference with a 4GB or 8GB card.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
15. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 11:37 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 11:30:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:21:
I wonder if there will be a single person that will buy this game when it releases. It seems like every single person on the planet and their dog has already backed it.

I haven't backed yet, and neither have my two dogs. So that's three copies right there.
Yeah but you are not guaranteed to buy it when it comes out.
What if last minute they decide that the game can not be played offline?
Just sayin

That's a good point!

News Comments > Mafia III News Soon?
16. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:57:
I feel differently. Joe was a fuckup who got whacked because he was a threat to the organization's stability and opsec. I was glad Joe was killed.

You heartless... gangster! Shakefist

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
9. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 11:30 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 10:21:
I wonder if there will be a single person that will buy this game when it releases. It seems like every single person on the planet and their dog has already backed it.

I haven't backed yet, and neither have my two dogs. So that's three copies right there.

14. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 8, 2015, 01:17 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 00:16:
I loved Mafia 2. I replayed it over and over so many times I lost count. I just really like the story, characters and environment - especially the 50s part. I was fine with it not being open like GTA.

I also hope they continue the story in 3 where 2 left off. I hope Vito's friend Joe didn't get whacked after all.

That really irritated me. I FULLY expected a DLC to take care of what happened to Joe. They really left players hanging with that, especially since Joe was one of those rare characters you actually gave a shit about.

10. Re: Mafia III News Soon? Jan 7, 2015, 23:41 Creston

Things I remember about Mafia II

- Pretty good story. (a bit cliche, but it's a gangster story, so eh.)
- Mediocre gunplay.
- Fucking Quicktime Event fistfights.
- Fantastic music (once the 50s kick in.)
- Gorgeous graphics. Gorgeous city. Gorgeous cars. Decent handling. Fantastic open world area.
- And literally nothing to do in it.

Fix the QTE shit (by dropping it), and put stuff to do in the city, and it'd be a game for the ages.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
19. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 23:36 Creston

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:58:
RaZ0r! wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:28:
I really wouldn't put too much stock in the word of some low rent PC assembler.

I took the plunge last year and purchased an Origin PC (with many discounts) and I haven't been upset at all.

After 25+ years building PCs, there comes a time where you just want to piece together a system and have it work without fiddling, so I bit the bullet. I know it's a cardinal sin to purchase pre-builds, but in this case it was well worth it, and in the end I came out about 600-700 cheaper than if I were to piecemeal my own system together with the same hardware.

You did? How the heck did that happen?

I always think I'm going to have someone else build them, and it's NEVER worth it financially. It's always 300-400 bucks cheaper to get the parts.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
18. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 23:35 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:09:
Steam Machine dead, that is a pretty big fail, they get all hot and heavy about MS's Walled Garden(tm) and we need something better. Do a shit load of linux work, fumble around with a controller for forever, had a huge splash two years ago with at least 6 manufactures showing off their systems and nothing. Fail. Stick with Steam only, because really it's the only thing you are doing that gets released.

It doesn't say that the concept of Steam machines is dead, the name is just dead, and seems like it'll be replaced by something else.

25602 Comments. 1281 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo