Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23366 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2014, 01:24 Creston

Shok wrote on May 24, 2014, 17:16:
Re: Terrible real estate photographs,

Toilet in shower is genius. rofl...

The Swastika shower nearly made me choke on my water.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
25. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded May 26, 2014, 01:07 Creston

Well, good to see that even though they're now owned by Disney, it's Business As Usual for the Star Wars games...

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
65. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 26, 2014, 01:06 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 25, 2014, 23:46:
I just joined the Blue's News outfit in SC a couple weeks ago and just received an e-mail from another group trying to recruit me instead?

"We have chosen to invite you because your main organization Blue's News is focused on Transport and as we have great exciting opportunities for transporting in deep space. We plan to train our transporter allies and traders and provide them with the best knowledge, the best trade routes, a great market to trade to in deep space, and most importantly protection that will allow them to get rich without the need to worry about anything else."

What?! We need anti-poaching laws! Stretch Goal @ 48 million!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
9. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 26, 2014, 01:03 Creston

harlock wrote on May 25, 2014, 16:32:
good thing since they'll need to release the PS5 in about 2 and a half years

And from the look of things, MS should get ready to roll out the Xbotwo probably next week.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 25, 2014, 16:29 Creston

Good luck, and hope you pull through 100%, TB!  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
7. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 16:10 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2014, 13:56:
Doesn't look like they spent TOO much on this, but surprised that some of the KS money went toward making this.

I thought that as well, but then again I figure they're dipping well into their own funds by now, so I doubt that this came directly from KS funds.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
6. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 16:10 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 25, 2014, 14:31:
On the one hand, I'm looking forward to Wasteland 2, probably a day one purchase for me (I have reached my KS limit, so didn't back it).

On the other hand, can we PLEASE get a post apocalyptic world setting where NOBODY is wearing old football pads? Seriously, those offer zero protection from actual weapons.

Not against bullets, no, but against bats or knives I can see them have some effect.

58. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 25, 2014, 16:08 Creston

I love how you people keep calling him a troll, thus recognizing that he is one, and yet YOU KEEP FUCKING REPLYING TO HIM.

Do you seriously not get that you're being FUCKING TROLLED???

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 25, 2014, 02:39 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 24, 2014, 18:02:
Creston wrote on May 24, 2014, 17:24:
Europol 'expert'. What a fucking toolclown.
Hey, you're from Europe. Do you know him?

Everyone knows him. Him and the 9 million other incompetent asstards that make up the EU 'government.'

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 24, 2014, 17:24 Creston

Europol 'expert'. What a fucking toolclown.  

26. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 17:22 Creston

We’re building a system that makes sense, measuring ship interiors, building a standardized cargo container measurement system (see diagram) and determining exactly how cargo will be loaded, unloaded and interacted with in port (and during flight!) As the most recent set of changes to our preliminary ship stats reflect, transporting cargo is going to be more complex than just finding the ship with the highest storage capacity… it’s going to involve finding the right ship type for the job.

Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty cool.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
48. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 01:51 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2014, 21:58:
Cars are terrible as expected.
Motorcycle is wayyyy to touchy, as others had stated from watching videos.

Dammit...

Thanks for the early impression, Bats!

News Comments > Watch Dogs Launch Trailer
34. Re: Watch Dogs Launch Trailer May 23, 2014, 17:27 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2014, 07:57:
the driving is not bad... it's like GTA5 in 1080p!

Except that it's NOT 1080p!

It is on the PC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2014, 17:25 Creston

PHJF wrote on May 23, 2014, 15:31:
Creston wrote on May 23, 2014, 11:25:

TV series always skip holiday weekends/weeks in the US. Memorial day, especially, is a very heavily traveled weekend, so it's simple true that there are far fewer people left at home to (potentially) watch your show.

Yeah, my DVR is heading down to NC for a golf outing this weekend Rolleyes

TV execs ignore DVR owners, as the DVR owners don't watch commercials in the first place.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Trailer
1. Re: GRID Autosport Trailer May 23, 2014, 17:11 Creston

"endurance" in GRID means that the race will last 5 minutes, most likely. They turned the 24 hr of Le Mans into a 3 lap event, after all.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Cralorn Launches
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Cralorn Launches May 23, 2014, 15:23 Creston

Craglorn, Blue, not Cralorn.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Videos
27. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 23, 2014, 14:46 Creston

nin wrote on May 23, 2014, 14:03:
7 minutes to drive across the map...(includes video)

It does look like a nice map, but their "7 minutes to drive across" is bogus, as they're constantly turning around and essentially double-backing. It looks like had they driven in a straight line, they'd have crossed the map in maybe 2-3 minutes. Still, the city itself looks nice and big, and well-detailed.

It's a shame the 'country side', so to speak, is so small. I'd have liked to have seen that be bigger. Not necessarily GTA5 big, but bigger than the two streets and a traffic light that it is in WD.

Also, is it me, or does everything seem a bit... empty? This is one of the largest cities in the US, and every street has like 1 pedestrian and 2 or 3 cars on it and that's it?

News Comments > Op Ed
57. Re: Op Ed May 23, 2014, 12:05 Creston

windsock wrote on May 23, 2014, 01:33:
Every now and then I'm reminded how even the most well-intentioned Westerners still fall so easily into the same historical habits of their more imperialist predecessors. Clear away the modern language, and the assumptions and attitudes this writer displays is basically akin to the various colonial-era "white man's burden" exhortations to "civilize" non-whites in accordance with the "correct" (and inevitably white-centric) viewpoints.

It would be funny, except that as we can so clearly see by this awful article, this sort of subtly patronizing racial paternalism is still so very prevalent, even amongst the more liberal circles. I was hoping this sort of thing was finally dying out back in the 1990s with the multiculturalism push, but over twenty years later I'm still seeing the same mistakes being made over and over again, by the same sort of well-intentioned Westerners who are so blinded by their righteous ideals that they can't see how hypocritically racist and ethnocentric they are being.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit. Maybe I should stop caring so much. It's just another stupid racist article in a sea of relentless idiocy. Outrage fatigue is a real thing; the more you worry about every little meaningless offensive thing, the less energy you have to work on the things that actually, really matter, and I just don't have nearly as much energy to spare as I used to. But for some reason or another this irks me more than usual, so I take the time and trouble to de-lurk and rant uselessly like the cranky old geezer I've become.

Very nicely put.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed May 23, 2014, 12:03 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 23, 2014, 01:56:
You see what happens whenever race and gender come up in this forum as well as I do. You can really deny that games have an issue?

No, games do have 'issues' (which is a very wide-reaching concept), I just think that Nintendo only having "white" characters isn't something to get upset over, or even something they need to change.

Nintendo has been putting out the exact same games since the 1980s, when obviously none of this was even considered an issue to begin with. They are using characters they've been using for decades. What are they supposed to do? Make Mario black out of some token effort to be race-inclusive, or whatever? All their fans would explode.

Also, how many outcries from colored people have there been regarding this issue? Was it even an issue until Ars Technica White Guy brought it up?

There are idiots like Broussard in gaming who think a trailer should be a chick in hotpants with her tits hanging out of her torn crop top. That's probably a far better issue to complain about than Nintendo being stuck in the 80s.

In any case, like I originally said, it just seems that all these "gaming journalists" are now just actively looking to whine about shit. When we've fixed the more serious issues in gaming, maybe we can start worrying about Nintendo needing to realize there's more to life than people of one skin color.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
40. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 23, 2014, 11:52 Creston

Prez wrote on May 23, 2014, 05:38:
Creston wrote on May 22, 2014, 11:15:
It's like they've finally figured out that people play Diablo for the fun of finding more loot!

(as opposed to their initial thought of... I dunno? The awesome story or something?)

I give your sarcasm one congratulatory wank!

Only one?

23366 Comments. 1169 pages. Viewing page 50.
< Newer [ 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo