Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23029 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 12:36 Creston

Archer and Krieger voice pack. NOW.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 12:33 Creston

I can never figure out their weird-ass numbering system. It was FF3 on the SNES. The one with Kefka.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 12:09 Creston

Keilun wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 12:01:
I think the distinction from the megaserver and overflow is that the megaserver zones can draw from people from all servers as opposed to just your homeworld. It should help with a lot of the underpopulated servers like mine (GoM) where an overflow message was synonymous with "empty zone".

The problem is that the megaserver in and of itself can't handle more people than the current setup can. So if you got into an overflow previously and were unlucky, you got into an empty zone. (Happened to me in LA several times, where we'd be standing at the clockwork knight with 1 minute until the start with 10 people...)

The megaserver is going to function exactly the same way. It will draw people from across all servers and put them into the same map, but then, if the map is full, it'll spawn another copy of the map (only this time they won't call it overflow anymore.)

So if you're unlucky, you'll just wind up in the exact same nearly empty map that you'd been in back when it was still called overflow.

Now, it may help for those mid tier maps that few people play anymore, but on the flipside, there's little there that requires more than few peeps anyway (and all events just scale up if there are more players, so it's not as if there's a benefit to showing up with 30 characters instead of 3.)

If they had such empty servers, they should have just merged them. Now they have to try to figure out how to make sure Tarnished Coast (ie, the roleplaying server) people keep playing with one another, rather than getting schlepped in with other servers that don't give two shits about RP'ing.

And it's funny because they said "Well, we'll give all you TC guys priority, so you should still see mostly TC people in maps!"

And my response was "Cool. Right now I see NOTHING BUT TC people in maps."

Whenever your server merger system affects the most well-populated servers (of which TC is one of the top ones), it's perhaps time to rethink it.

But we'll see.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2014, 12:01 Creston

So everyone in Hollywood only ever remakes shit anymore, there hasn't been an actually original movie in years, but OMG someone makes a movie about MI6 and dipshits scream "BOND RIPOFF"?

We just need to set all of Hollywood on fire. There's no point to it anymore.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Planegina? That's weak. I'd have called it Planegate.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2014, 11:57 Creston

Verno wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 10:03:
Sony getting out of bed with Square isn't surprising, Square is floundering and Sony needs to shore itself up.

At least Square has finally realized that, hey, people will pay MONEY for remakes of their older FF titles on newer systems. I've been playing the FFX HD remake, and it's been pretty awesome.

Maybe one day they'll stop being morons, and remake FF3. (though it's possible they may just not have any of the actual source code anymore.)

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
38. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 11:53 Creston

Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:03:
I always find it kind of interesting when people "play games for the story."
Outside of a small handful, almost every game story is pretty weak and poorly presented.

In your opinion. In my opinion, quite a few games do pretty interesting stories. Interesting enough, at least, to keep my attention the first time through. If the gameplay is decent to go with it, I'll have a good time.

This is why I don't really buy games anymore that have nothing but skirmishes (sins of a solar empire, for example.) They bore me to tears after one or two games.

When I'm out just for story, I read, which I probably do as much as game these days. Books, those have stories. Video games? They have ideas that sort of form into a bit of a story.

Books have stories, yes. That doesn't make them inherently better at them than games, because there are a LOT of really, really shity stories in books.

36. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 11:49 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:48:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:46:
But I think 37% is probably the amount of games I own that I haven't actually played yet. It might even inch closer to 45-50%.

Sigh.
By the time you get to play them they will look and feel so outdated you do not want to play them at all.

Nah, that's never been a problem for me fortunately. I still play Ultima 3

34. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 11:46 Creston

I've actually loaded almost every single game I own, because I make backups of them and store them locally on an external drive.

But I think 37% is probably the amount of games I own that I haven't actually played yet. It might even inch closer to 45-50%.

Sigh. On the flipside, if and when the game industry finally goes full publisher retard, I can heartily ignore it and play thousands upon thousands of hours of games I've either never played yet, or only played once.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2014, 11:54.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Feature Pack Apr 16, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:01:
I have been playing this game from release and this feature pack, although ambitious,has made too much of a negative impact of the game.Through all the devs positive double speak, it will have a negative impact on many. It's a game breaker for many.

? Everyone on Tanished Coast seems pretty excited about it. What about is negative, really? The only really bad thing, to me, is that they shifted traits from lvl 11 to lvl 31, which makes the first 30 levels of leveling utterly utterly boring. But since pretty much everyone and their dogs use XP scrolls that insta-level you from 1 to 20 anyway, it probably really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

All the other stuff seems either cool (account bound legendaries / ascended stuff. account bound dyes. account bound skins. Better LFG. Better PVP rewards.) or just kinda "eh" (the mega server stuff, which is just a fancy word for overflow.)

Not really sure what's so negative about it, or who this "many" are that consider it a game breaker.

News Comments > Watch Dogs "Ultra Specs"
26. Re: Watch Dogs Apr 15, 2014, 15:14 Creston

PHJF wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 17:39:
TXAA isn't much of a performance hit. AO probably will be, in a game like this.

Maybe not on your card, but on my 660Ti it cost me about 8-9 fps in AC4, and HBAO cost about 15. It looks gorgeous, but it's a hefty chunk of frames to swallow

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
46. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:32 Creston

Orogogus wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 12:26:
Creston wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:36:
Whiskers wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 10:04:
I'm excited to see some stuff from the single player campaign. That's all I'm really looking forward to. I hope it's similar to Starlancer. I loved that game.

I had the idea they were going for the Wing Commander style campaign, rather than the more open Freelancer stuff?

Starlancer was a Wing Commander style campaign. Well, with co-op, and less branching.

Oh, my bad. He said Starlancer, and I read Freelancer. D'oh.

45. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 12:31 Creston

Fly wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 12:23:
For those interested, will be streaming the Aurora LN ship now on Twitch.tv http://www.twitch.tv/solar_potato

(no mic or endless banter)

Looks very very nice, actually. Except for the missing textures on the ship itself, but I'm assuming that's just cause it's still so early.

Pretty impressive. Love the way the cockpit looks. Could use more instruments, though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 11:47 Creston

Mad Men season 7 lowest numbers since 2008.

Aren't people tired of Mad Men yet? It's a great show, but I'll watch a season, and then take a loooooong break from watching more. I don't think I'll even get seasons 6 or 7.

All TV shows should just last five years. Stuff gets stale after five years.

Also, that "decades old debt" thing is fucking unbelievable... "We can't prove you owe money, but we're taking it anyway. Fuck you."

Thanks government. You guys are the fucking BEST.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2014, 11:54.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for OS X
3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for OS X Apr 15, 2014, 11:44 Creston

I haven't actually played in a while, so I don't know if the performance issues were patched or not. They were fixed with simple .ini changes, so it wasn't a big deal to me, but it's stupid that they reintroduced a bug they had already fixed in the original version. Sometimes I wonder if all devs really are just this fucking retarded.

As for the golden haze, they toned it down a little. Stuff is still pretty yellow, but it's not as crazy as in the original anymore.

32. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:42 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 11:32:
The question is will I be able to:

1) Have a fancy towel snapping animation where I can snap another pilot's butt with said towel.

You will. And the 46 million dollar stretch goal is a beach volleyball game between two teams of two pilots, also in your hangar, with Top Gun music blaring.

but I will say a Towel reward for a goal of "42" is pretty funny.

I thought that was pretty cool, yeah.

29. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:36 Creston

Whiskers wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 10:04:
I'm excited to see some stuff from the single player campaign. That's all I'm really looking forward to. I hope it's similar to Starlancer. I loved that game.

I had the idea they were going for the Wing Commander style campaign, rather than the more open Freelancer stuff?

28. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 11:35 Creston

A towel for your hangar? Hahahaha.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 15, 2014, 11:18 Creston

I like how the FBI can now just say to the house of representatives "We refuse to answer this. Fuck you."

But hey, our intelligence agencies are TOTALLY still subordinate to congress and the senate!

What.the.fuck.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for OS X
1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut for OS X Apr 15, 2014, 11:15 Creston

"The overhauled boss fights give players even more choice about how they approach the most climactic moments of the game."

Well... yes and no. The first boss fight, against Barrett, is well done. (spoilers) You can choose to fight him the old way, or you can just hide, do a few hacks and duct-crawls and get turrets to do the dirty work for you. So it definitely has options.

The second fight, however... (spoiler) Yes, there is a door you can try to hack, but Yelena will shoot you if you do. So you need to run around to find the code, so you can open the door and get upstairs, where there is a console that controls several turrets. However, Yelena never leaves you alone long enough to ever get that hack completed... So in the end, you're left with the choice to... just shoot her as you always did. Or use the Kill Boss power, aka the Typhoon.

Haven't gotten to the third and fourth bosses yet, still need to finish my DC playthrough.

That said, it's definitely well worth it, imo. The overall updates are good, and the graphics are definitely sharper on NPCs, so it does make for a prettier game.

23029 Comments. 1152 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo