Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24490 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
8. No subject Sep 25, 2014, 17:43 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 15:33:
I'm really worried about my pick on the Panthers/Ravens match more than any other pick this week. Niners and Eagles is another one that's tough to call.

Also kudos to Batman for choosing the ESPN site, its waaaay better than BTI. Much more useful info and lot of stats available. BTI was so basic last year and a few times it didn't save my picks properly.

Fucking Panthers. Fuck those guys. DON'T LOSE AT HOME WHEN I FUCKING PICK YOU!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 11:21 Creston

Last home game for Jeets tonight, Blue.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Diary; Video
2. Re: Cities: Skylines Diary; Video Sep 25, 2014, 11:18 Creston

Yeah, I hope it'll be cool. I could do with an actually good Sim City game.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 10:45 Creston

It looks cool enough that I might be tempted to get it day one, but right near the end I saw a little "internet connection required" thingy. Not sure if that was just for the pre-order stuff, or if the game is always-on... Anyone have any idea?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
38. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 15:46 Creston

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 14:24:
Remember folks, Fallout HAD to be turned into a first person shooter, because clearly turn based RPG's are dead.

Seeing as how they practically tripled the sales from FO1&2 combined with FO3, it's kind of hard to argue they made the wrong decision...

News Comments > Ancient Space Released
2. Re: Ancient Space Released Sep 24, 2014, 11:02 Creston

It looks very much like Homeworld. Saw some dev diaries on it, and they really took the "move anywhere" thing to heart.

I wasn't too interested, but hmmm, 20 bucks is pretty good.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 24, 2014, 11:01 Creston

DEFENSE GRID 2 BITCHUUUUSSSS!!!!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
15. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:48 Creston

Awesome, glad it's doing so well for them.

Love the game. Made it to the Mad Monks last night, and just love the story in that entire area.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
37. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 18:42 Creston

bhcompy wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 18:02:
The traditional blockbuster fantasy MMO is dead as a new game. The failure of Warhammer Online, Star Wars The Old Republic,

TOR actually made 139 million dollars last year so it's a bit harsh to call it a failure.

But I do agree that traditional MMOs (ie, WoW) aren't going to make it anymore. Likely the only reason TOR is doing so well is because it's Star Wars. Without that IP it'd probably have died mere months after release.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
36. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 18:39 Creston

Oh noes.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
49. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 23, 2014, 13:16 Creston

Bleeding will eventually end on its own, btw. It takes quite a lot of time, but it DOES end. I've seen it end several times on my characters (once they were out of combat.)

I'm very much enjoying it, though I seem to have outleveled the Arizona area and it's pretty easy now, but I don't seem to be much closer to going to Cali, so it's a bit of a slog.

And while it's old school, I really wish that it hadn't reintroduced the old school irritations. I know people don't like having a compass point them where to go, but trying to find a single fucking NPC in Railtown (which is roughly the size of the ENTIRE MILKY WAY GALAXY) without any clue whatsoever as to where they are is a blatant fucking nightmare. And I had to find two of them.

Mandatory skills, hmmm... I'd say (secret)

Demolitions. Unless you like setting off 50-60 damage traps every other turn.
Computer science. Opens lots and lots of stuff.
Brute Force. Because the game doesn't recognize that a 9 strength melee fighter should be able to do a strength feat, no, you HAVE to use Brute Force...
Field Medic / Surgeon. Duh.
Hard Ass / Smart Ass. Try to have both. Kiss ass is not mandatory, as few checks so far seem to have used it.
Safecracker. TONNNNNS of loot.

Skills you can do without:

Toaster repair. I've found 10 or so toasters, none of them have given me loot that made me go "wow, I'm glad I put 20 skill points into this skill!"
Disable Alarm. The few times an alarm goes off, I've already killed all the people who care about it anyway.
Open Lock. Kind of made irrelevant by Brute Force.

Ideal party, imo:

2 frontline fighters, one of whom focuses on speech skills (and charisma), the other who focuses on medical specialities.
2 high int (8, so they get 5 skillpoints per level) techies who do the hacking and the opening etc.

Assault rifles/blunt wpns for your front line guys (or one assault/energy), sniper rifles, hand guns for your techies. (or one sniper/energy.)

Energy weapons don't really ever come into play in Arizona so far, but I assume you'll want them in Cali.

Great game, wish it was a bit more clear about locations sometimes...

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
43. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 23, 2014, 11:57 Creston

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 01:59:
These guys need better producers/business people reigning them in and dictating exactly what they can and cannot promise to customers.

It might also help if they get the fuck out of SF and its $10K per month salary.

In any case, I think Tim's studio is done. After Broken Age and this, I doubt many people will give them money anymore, and publishers already weren't lining up to work with him, so this is probably the beginning of the end.

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
9. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 11:52 Creston

Flatline wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 11:16:
Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 10:54:
Also, at 0:58, the guy says that Sleeping Dogs had great driving. No, sir. No, it did not. The driving in sleeping dogs was ATROCIOUSLY bad. It is the worst driving ever put into an open world game, and it actively detracts from the enjoyment of the rest of the game.

Nah Mafia 2 had worse driving. Since all of the cars were "old school" they handled like boats and you were expected to do precision driving in them.

The cars themselves were worse to drive, obviously, since that's how those old 6000 pound metal boats drove. The driving simulation itself, however, was MILES above that in Sleeping Dogs. In Sleeping Dogs, if you cease accelerating your car will come to a complete stop from 100mph in roughly 37 feet. If you "powerslide" (and I use that term extremely loosely, since there is no way to do an actual powerslide in Sleeping Dogs), you can stop in probably 20 feet. It literally feels like you're driving through a street covered in three feet of caramel.

Anyway, regarding the sequel thing, I looked up the original announcement, and they never actually said it would be a sequel to Sleeping Dogs, but rather "Another game set in the sleeping dogs universe", so my point of them saying one thing and delivering something else entirely is simply wrong. I still have little to no interest in this, but they never actually said we'd get "another sleeping dogs."

/sad keanu

News Comments > Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer
6. Re: Triad Wars Beta Signups; Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 10:54 Creston

I know sleeping dogs didn't sell well, which is a shame because it was a great game. So I know that getting another game like it is extremely unlikely.

But why call this a fucking sequel to sleeping dogs when it's going to be (seemingly) a FUCKING F2P MMO?!??!

Shit.

Also, at 0:58, the guy says that Sleeping Dogs had great driving. No, sir. No, it did not. The driving in sleeping dogs was ATROCIOUSLY bad. It is the worst driving ever put into an open world game, and it actively detracts from the enjoyment of the rest of the game.

If you guys ported that driving mechanic straight over then I will immediately have zero interest anymore.

News Comments > PC GTA5 First-Person Support?
34. Re: PC GTA5 First-Person Support? Sep 23, 2014, 10:48 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:14:
Blahman wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 21:12:
nin wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 10:08:
I'm wondering how many hours it would take to walk from S to N on the map, in first person.

Why would it take any longer?

I didn't say it would. I just thought it was be interesting in the first person, to hike it.

It took me about 35 minutes in multiplayer to jog it, but that included several times being waylayed by other players.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2014, 10:42 Creston

NKD wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 02:50:
Fuck y'all. I still want more AC.

Me too... God help me, me too!!!! Cry

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
16. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 22, 2014, 22:03 Creston

"Yeah, we realize we've kind of swamped Steam with absolute crap, so now we had to come up with a new system to help you find actually good games that AREN'T in Early Access."

5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game Sep 22, 2014, 22:01 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 19:56:
When I was on the toilet today, I thought about whether or not I would call a game like Einhander 2.5D. I came to the conclusion that I can.

Interesting. I only make Zweihanders.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass Includes 2.5D AC Game Sep 22, 2014, 22:00 Creston

Ubi CEO "Is the market sick of Assassin's Creed yet?"
Marketing dipshit "Not really."
Ubi CEO "IT WILL BE!!!" *releases 8 more AC games*

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
17. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 11:45 Creston

Early access seems to quickly become : Buy our alpha, which we'll keep developing while early access money rolls in. Once the money stops, so do we.

It needs to really really really really really quickly die the fuck out.

24490 Comments. 1225 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo