Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22059 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2014, 12:28 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:28:
I am still on XP at work. I've talked to the boss the other day to upgrade to 7 but there isn't much reasons to do so, aside from the support not going to be there for XP, which doesn't affect us much anyways.
I'd like to get onto 7 at least but it is a hard sell to them why pay money for something that already works.

Well, when that next zero day comes out and your company remains vulnerable to it forever until some hacker/malware asshole finds it and destroys all your infrastructure, they'll find out pretty quickly.

Not spending $xxx only to get $xxxxxxxx in damages when stuff breaks seems like poor economics to me, but some companies can never look past the next day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 Creston

Great. So now they can just randomly confiscate your electronics equipment because they feel like it?

WTF, US government? When did this country turn into fucking CHINA???

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 2, 2014, 12:01 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:08:
The Last of Us not ruled out for PS4.

AW YEAH!

That would be pretty awesome, though to be fair, I doubt it'll really look all that much better. Maybe it'll run at 60fps instead of 30, but the game is paced slowly enough that the 30fps really isn't an issue, at least to me.

In any case, Sony'd be stupid not to re-release it for the PS4. A game this awesome, you need to put it on as many platforms as you can.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
51. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 2, 2014, 11:55 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:13:
Fixed? what needs to be fixed? The GOG version was already fully compatible with modern OSes and hardware. Maybe by "fixed," they mean that they are removing the ability to kill children.

Sigh. He gives the answer literally five tweets down:

no. Have to remove interplay publisher stuff. Terms of service. Legal. That kind of thing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2014, 12:43 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 00:47:
Sweet! I bought that the other day, and it's a pretty fun racing game.

Have you beaten my times? SAY YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN MY TIMES!!!!

News Comments > GOG.com on DRM and Money-Back Guarantees
5. Re: GOG.com on DRM and Money-Back Guarantees Jan 1, 2014, 12:42 Creston

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:04:
One of the side effects of digital distribution is that you lose the DRM of the printed manual. "Type in the 3rd word on the 12th page" was an effective way to ensure you had the manual and increased the chance that you would actually read it.

Ugh. That was the most terrible form of DRM ever invented. Want to play your game again? Better hope you still have the manual!

Even worse were those damn code wheels that LucasArts shipped with their games.

News Comments > New Year's Consolidation
1. 60 bucks for a year-old game Jan 1, 2014, 12:39 Creston

"But as we're selling it on a new platform, with a lot a small amount of development work put in to custom craft it for the new platforms; with the new additions for the aesthetic, the physics, the particles, the lighting--taking advantage of next-gen features simply port the PC version to PS4 and Xbone, so I absolutely stand by our decision to offer up Definitive Edition the way we are. We'd love for every Tomb Raider fan to get to experience it on next-gen." buy the exact same game for 60 bucks again.

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2014, 12:36 Creston

Krovven wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 00:27:
Pogo is owned by EA and is their "casual" game site.

Ah, now it makes a little more sense. Not much, but at least a little.

Why you would have to register there for Mass Effect I have no idea, and why it has anything to do with Origin or buying Mass Effect on Steam...makes absolutely no sense.

No, it doesn't. If the only way to get your Origin games to show up is to link an account from pogo, then Origin is broken beyond belief.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
5. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 12:33 Creston

Blackhawk wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:00:
Actually, it was Interplay's rights that ran out as of 12-31-13 as part of their settlement. That means that they have to re-contract with Bethesda before they can keep selling them.

Yup.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Pricing Survey
1. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 12:32 Creston

Please tell us how we can wring even more money out of you? We need to do something now that you ungrateful fuckers have made us close the RMAH.  

News Comments > GOG.com on DRM and Money-Back Guarantees
3. Re: GOG.com on DRM and Money-Back Guarantees Jan 1, 2014, 12:31 Creston

Mad applause for these guys.  

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
18. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Jan 1, 2014, 00:12 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 19:49:
I was just saying that compared to most of the crap they have been willing to give out, Sleeping Dogs and TR:GoL are an improvement.

Oh, absolutely. I think it was like three months ago when they were giving away friggin' Halo 2? I suspected the next thing they'd give away would have been Pitfall.

So it's a step up. But it's a single step up a really, really, really long staircase, while Sony is standing at the top, throwing down boulders like Bioshock Infinite.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2014, 00:06 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 22:36:
I caved, bought the Steam Mass Effect Collection. Shame

Logged into origin account (no software), registered my ME. Now can't see any of the 3 games I have registered there, ME, DAO and SWTOR. After browsing the quick fixes, with no luck, got into que for Live Support. Once connected, was told I had to do the following list (leaving the reps name out).

Create an account in http://www.pogo.com/

2 - Login into https://profile.ea.com/login.do using the EA email id and password.

3- Scroll down the page, click on " Add Persona".

4- Select option " existing EA classic screen name". It will open a login window.

5- Login using pogo screen name and password.

6- Click on " Add Persona".

7- Now pogo screen name should appear under " Select a default persona" heading.

8- Double click on the pogo screen name.

Wtf, I have to register a new account at some hokey game site called pogo games? ea has already made me register with ea and origin, now pogo just to see my current games.This seems like one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of, where the hell does ea bullshit stop?

Anyone have any insight into wth is going on and if this popo site is legit?

Thanks for any tips.

That seems dodgy as fuck. What the hell does pogo have to do with Origin?? I'd talk to Steam support, show them the whole bullshit rigamarole with EA technical 'support' and ask for your money back.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2013, 18:48 Creston

Happy New Year, chaps.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
11. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Dec 31, 2013, 18:47 Creston

PropheT wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 18:11:
but reading around a little it doesn't seem like most Xbox fans seem to care very much... and I'm not sure why.

Stockholm Syndrome.

16. Re: Best burgers of 2013 Dec 31, 2013, 14:55 Creston

harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:37:
Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 12:52:
America,

That is why you're fat.

heh that site has been around for years, actually its not even really updated nearly as much as it used to - and i think it was sold off a good while ago.. because one day it stopped for a long while, there was crap in the wiki about some domestic abuse / police blotter crap on the creator.. ha just checked and thats gone now.. but anyways.. DRAMA!

DRAMA!!!

Still, about 90% of those burgers belong on that site. The only one that even looked good was the one with Jalapeno havarti and chipotle aioli. Hmmmm...

News Comments > On Sniping in Titanfall
4. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Dec 31, 2013, 13:22 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 12:18:
How am I suppose to tell other players that I slept with their mom if I'm not able to 360noscope noobs.

It's easy.

1) Turn on mic.
2) Say "I slept with your mom, n00b!"
3) ...
4) Profit!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2013, 13:18 Creston

btw fellas, beattheinsiders has listings for the playoffs.

Commence picks!

4. Best burgers of 2013 Dec 31, 2013, 12:52 Creston

America,

That is why you're fat.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: nostalgia loop Dec 31, 2013, 12:47 Creston

harlock wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 01:46:
10 REMINISCE
20 GOTO 10
RUN

Nooooo! Waaaaiii...

YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD YOU BASTARD

22059 Comments. 1103 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo