Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25018 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
257. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 17:43 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 17:10:
how do you even respond to shit like this? this is what i was referring to in my last post regarding people who only post hate, lies, or personal attacks. P.S. SAY MY NAME BITCH! ;)

Oh, were you talking to me, DUH??? Wow, I'd have never guessed, since it's pretty much all you've been whining about for roughly the last four weeks. Also, personal attacks. Here, look up the word Hypocrisy.

Maybe if you google "Hypocrisy in crayons", they'll explain it in a way that's simple enough for you to understand.

Riiiiiiiiiight... pretty sure i never insinuated that people don't have a right to an opinion,

Yeah, that's pretty much what you are insinuating when you say "this doesn't affect you."

so far no one, fucking ZERO people have answered in the affirmative

Because nobody bothers to set your bullshit straight. Why waste the time? You'll go right on believing that what YOU believe is the only way the world works.

right... again, i don't remember dictating anything, you must have a perilous grasp on the english language.

No, my grasp of the english language is perfectly capable. You are pathetically incapable of making a coherent argument. Dictating anything IS ALL YOU FUCKING DO. That's the whole gist of you trying to pretend that you can tell people "this doesn't affect you." You don't get to fucking choose what affects other people.

If you want to make a big stink about there being a small crack in the sidewalk,

More Interesting Concepts For You To Study

what do you really want? for the rest of the world to hang back and cater to the 0.1% of PC gamers who don't have internet? grow up. it's 2014, if you're not wired by now what exactly are you doing in a tech forum?

Never said that. There you go dictating shit again. What I want is for a dev who kickstarts a game to stick by his promises, because if too many of them don't, it'll destroy the entire game kickstarter movement. Other than that, I'll simply not buy the game.

since WHEN was PC GAMING all about catering to the lowest common denominator?

since WHEN was PC GAMING all about making sure everything works just fine if you were technologically living in 1998?

Kickstarting a game on a promise of offline play, especially when that promise was made to sway more people into funding, is a pretty big deal. I'd hate to see the model get broken over shit like that.

In any case, I'm going back to ignoring you, because I have no desire for an 18 post "yes/no" argument, but please go ahead with your little desperate pleas for attention in every single thread you post, and keep fighting your good fight how you wish everyone was just more like you and what a wonderful community we could build if we all just listened to you. I'm sure it'll go great.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

251. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 17:31 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 16:22:
Others are like Creston, who has repeatedly mentioned his cruddy DSL connection.

God, I wish I had DSL...

Without more details, not knowing if a small blip will end his play session is a huge issue.

It is to me. Being kicked out of a game because my internet "blips" would aggravate the shit out of me, and my internet connection at home "blips" a lot. Usually not for a long time, maybe 5 or 10 minutes or so, but it happens quite often.

And God forbid if it goes down, because it is down for days. In order to fix it, they have to get a guy to climb into a radio tower and fix whatever hardware is broken. If it goes down on a Friday, it typically doesn't get fixed until Monday/Tuesday.

I simply do not (or I should say, no longer) buy games where circumstances that essentially have nothing to do with the game itself will dictate whether I can play it or not.

In reality, most people complaining will probably never have any problem at all. They build up all these potential issues, but those will never actually occur.

Probably not, but it's each individual's decision whether it's a big enough deal to not buy a game.

Regardless, they also bought the game not thinking they'd need to worry about it. Had the game been always always-on, they would have complained and moved on.

Exactly. Had they said from day one "This will be online-only", I'd have never even bothered to get excited for it.

I have great uptime on my connection, so this isn't something I'd blink at. I recall the days before Steam offline and being furious at my internet being down for the 20 minutes I wanted to game. If I still had a similar connection, I'd be pretty bummed.

If I still lived in the city and still had Cox, this probably wouldn't bother me at all. Cox was pretty stable when I had it. My circumstances are different now, ergo, so are my priorities in what types of games to get.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 16:13 Creston

Oh, duh. Fucking Mondays... My bad.

News Comments > Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome
17. Re: Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome Nov 17, 2014, 16:11 Creston

Cool. Thanks for explaining.  

238. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 16:05 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 15:40:
It's like people really can't handle an opinion that flies in the face of their perceived reality.

Wow. You HAVE to be a politician. Congratulations on making the most ridiculously self-absorbed bullshit post in the history of this website. Let me quote a few of your drivels from this thread back at you (and rejoice in the fact that I spent five minutes acknowledging you, which seems to be what you're so fucking ridiculously desperate for.)

-which assuming you're reading this on said internet, shouldn't be an issue for you. unless you're in the Congo or at a hotel or whatever someone said on the last page. usually when i'm staying at a hotel or umm, the Congo, i like to take my mid-tower, monitor, oculus rift, HOTAS, keyboard, mouse, and headphones with me.

-pretty much? it doesn't affect anyone reading this

-You seem to be puzzled as to why someone might have an opinion as to you canceling a pre-order for a game (the word irony really doesn't mean shit to you, does it? I mean, you USE it often enough, but I seriously doubt you really fathom its actual meaning.)

-you're not affected at all by having to be online, because you're online right now.

-but this only further illustrates the point, who would want to play this in solo mode? it's borderline boring in open multiplayer, why would you want less stimulation?

That's just going back about a page and a half and I'm already bored. You're continuously dictating to others what they should feel and think about, well, basically everything. If someone has a slightly different opinion than you about this, with your opinion being "whatever a publisher/dev chooses to do to you, just suck it the fuck up", you will respond to literally every single person individually and tell them "This doesn't affect you."

Why do you do this? Well, because this decision doesn't affect YOU personally, therefore, it can't possibly affect other people either, right? The World According To Slick. Don't you ever get tired of admiring yourself in your little silver mirror?

Let me explain it to you, one more time: If someone finds offline play important, that's their actual right. If someone finds it important enough to cancel their Kickstarter pledge for, because Braben broke his promise, again, that's their right. It doesn't affect you or others? Great. Enjoy playing E:D online with everyone else. There are people whom it does affect, and unfortunately for you, their opinion is just as valid as yours, even though that really doesn't stroke with this fantasy of yours where you dictate reality to all and sundry.

People can't really handle an opinion? There has been exactly one dude in this thread that's been posting ninety billion words to EVERY.SINGLE.INDIVIDUAL who says they personally have a problem with this decision, and that dude is you. Pot, Kettle, etc.

People have different opinions on things. You don't get to dictate what's important to other people, or what missing feature makes someone not buy a game. If you want to be able to do that, make your own news website, with your own forum, and let everyone know from the start that YOUR opinion is the only one that counts. Good luck.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 15:44 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 15:25:
They needed some sort of bullet point other than "a different version number". I agree that its not going to get a lot of use outside of enthusiast circles. Heck I'm an enthusiast and I can't see myself using it much outside of work.

Outside of work, what would you even use it for? It's not going to run games, so other than browsing dodgy websites infested with malware I don't really see a purpose to them. (for private use.)

15. Re: Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome Nov 17, 2014, 15:42 Creston

Ed_French wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 14:46:
Right now you do download a second time when you purhcase, but you can play on in the trial in the meantime. Shortly we'll be transferring the files over when you purchase so it'll make that just a patching process (it took us 7 minutes in test).

That'd be solid, and the ability to test a game is appreciated. Out of curiosity, how exactly does GameSessions make money off this? Do you get referral fees?

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 15:10 Creston

JediPunisher wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 14:43:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:36:
I do have to agree with the sentiment that calling it Windows 10 is a bit absurd.

Honestly, it would've made more sense to name it Windows One.
Now that I think of it, Windows 8 should've been named One Window.

Hehehehe.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2014, 13:22 Creston

It's going to be a shitty world if chocolate ceases to be. Like, SERIOUSLY fucking shitty.  

221. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 12:48 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 08:40:
Games change and I can accept that but they should have been out in front of this in a better way. Devs need to acknowledge this sort of thing can affect future performance in crowdfunding though, be careful.

My memory is undoubtedly spotty, but I think the KS was doing okay until he promised offline (ie, an experience exactly like the Elite of old), and then it gained another step, so to speak.

A lot of people backed for offline play. Had they not promised it, they might not have made their funding goal.

219. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 Creston

Task wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 12:26:
Quite a threadnaught here. Is this a record?

Nah, I think the longest thread ever went either 600+ or 800+.

News Comments > Postal Redux Plans
9. Re: Postal Redux Plans Nov 17, 2014, 12:31 Creston

co-op might actually be fun, as long as you can still fight the other player. Trying to find inventive ways to wipe each other while causing massive collateral damage could be fun. They should really go balls out with that, puts tons of traps and such in. It could be a new Spy vs. Spy!  

5. Re: Game Sessions Steam Trials Add Ryse Son of Rome Nov 17, 2014, 12:12 Creston

24 minutes. laf. I think the opening video takes like 9 minutes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2014, 18:51 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:12:
I don't think any of you would do it, but watch Steam messages that say "hay bro did you see this" and send you a fake link that looks like a screenshot.

Word is it will steal all of your stuff.

REMOVED IT SO IT DOESN'T LINK (prtn-screenshot.com/lolsmem.png)

That's a funky little script that Steam allows to run. Thanks for the heads up!

126. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 18:49 Creston

Comet wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 18:37:
But I also disagree that people should be upset when crowd funding projects don't deliver on all their promises.

Again, they would have known this LONG ago. They didn't make the decision to switch to a "the server does everything" model in the past few months. They made that decision basically all the way back in the beginning. Had they made the announcement then, it would have been quite a different story from them making it exactly one month before release.

Also, making it online-only means some people simply either can't play the game at all, or only sporadically, etc. People on satellite basically are screwed, because the latency would fuck everything.

I'd call that slightly more than a feature getting stripped out or a promise being broken. A portion of the backers backed this basically because he promised there would be an offline version of the game. He changes that promise with a month to go. I call that shitty. YMMV.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 16, 2014, 17:43 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 20:29:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 15:10:
There are rumors 10 will be a free upgrade to 8.1...

That's not a rumor, that's actual fact.

It is? Did they actually confirm it (as in, Redmond did?) All I ever saw on it was Microsoft Indonesia or something saying something to that effect, and then never actually backing it up.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips Nov 16, 2014, 17:37 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:21:
Ubisoft: 'disconnect your Internet' to fix Assassin's Creed: Unity

It's really odd that they can even make anything that looks half as good as Far Cry or Assassin's Creed with dumb shit comments like this or their "resolution doesn't matter", "30 fps is all you need" etc.

Fucking marketoids, man. They ruin everything.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Preview & Tips Nov 16, 2014, 17:37 Creston

siapnar wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 16:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 16:28:
PC videos? Or console?
Here's a PC vid @ 60fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIvEBCHlOl8

OP's comment on FPS:

"The minimum frame rate I get is 40-42 fps but just for seconds... I think this game will run better with the day 1 patch"

Thank you, sir.

96. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:34 Creston

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:05:
steam has single handedly ruined things like level editing and game modification the culture of DRM that started with MMO's and Steam has lead to the locking down of games.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you aware that there is this thing called Steam Workshop?

Where you can go to download additional content, created by the community/modders, and auto-subscribe to it?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2014, 16:30 Creston

Ugh, that part with the enhanced gravity gun is just terrible (to me anyway.)

And yeah, the episodes weren't that great. 1 was dull at a post, and 2 has that retarded final battle in it against 14000 striders and 297 hojillion mini striders, and LULZ YOU HAVE TO KEEP GOING BACK FOR MORE OF THE STICKY BOMBS LULZ!

Fuck the designer who came up with that shit.

25018 Comments. 1251 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo