Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25339 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:40 Creston

They're not drunk, they're just clickbaiting. It's all they do anymore, apparently. They're a giant troll website.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 11:33 Creston

siapnar wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:49:
Graphics are only getting more realistic, and at this rate in no time we'll be able to swing the claw end of a hammer into an innocent's face, embedding it in their skull, their mouth opening and eyes rolling back as they crumple to the ground in a heap, blood gushing from their lifeless body.

I don't really see that as a healthy activity, virtual or not

That's a fair argument, but since you can do this in-game to just about every single character you meet, both male AND females, it has NOTHING to do with misogyny.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Just when the entire rhetoric had died, here come the fucknozzles at Polygon, whining their asses off again.

Everyone please stop going to their shitty website. Blue, please stop linking to their shitty website.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2014, 11:30 Creston

Bundy wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:50:
My Explorer has Sync, I don't mind it. But I've seen some demo's of the QNX system. It's pretty slick. Wish I could upgrade...

You and every other Ford owner...

I'm buying a new Ford next year, and I'm actually halfway thinking about waiting another year so I don't have to put up with the MyFordTouch Powered By Microsoft garbage...

News Comments > Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse
6. Re: Sullied Areal Returns as STALKER Apocalypse Dec 12, 2014, 11:27 Creston

"We have registered a trademark for Stalker Apocalypse, and have every right to use it as our title. Stalker by itself is a common word, and anyone can use it."

Sure. You can use it however you want. Make a Stalker car with it. A Stalker phone. A Stalker blow-up doll. It's all good.

You can't, however, make a game with it that looks exactly like the other S.T.A.L.K.E.R game, because then you're infringing the registered trademark. It's the same with someone being perfectly allowed to open a McDonald's tool store, but not a McDonald's fast food joint.

If you fuckers at West Games weren't absolutely determined to steal other people's work and make money off of it yourself, you'd stop pretending not to know this. But then, what should we expect from a miserable bunch of slimy shitbags?

In any case, enjoy not getting funded again.

News Comments > Satellite Reign Early Access
3. Re: atellite Reign Early Access Dec 12, 2014, 11:24 Creston

I hope this will be awesome, but I'm not buying it in early access.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Suspended
16. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Suspended Dec 12, 2014, 11:22 Creston

This is why I never even bother with these kinds of "promotions" that Valve runs. They're always subject to jackasses with nothing better to do who cheat/exploit shit, so the odds of anyone else actually winning anything are basically zero.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 19:06 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 14:20:
Lets get the DA:I convo going for today... since it is GOTY, right?

So the hotifx. Anyone having stuttering or popup/draw distances issues after that? Seems to be somewhat common report.

To be fair, the large majority of dipshits reporting that didn't even bother to reboot after the hotfix got installed, and several sheepishly came back later to say "huh huh, a reboot fixed it."

Also, repairing the game files through Origin worked for quite a lot of people. Also, disabling the 60FPS cutscene fix seems to fix a lot of the stuttering issues.

And lets not even talk about problems created. What got lost in this were the fixes the patch was to bring itself. Did any of the UI changes help out or were those misses?

They really didn't do much. The radar pulse now shows loot on the mini map (helpful for those few annoying pings that you just can't find, but otherwise only a minor thing. The whole radar pulse system is just dumb. They need to up the distance on it by a factor of 10 and make the highlights last for two minutes. Then it wouldn't be so irritating) and there is a "loot all" key now, which could already be accomplished by pressing space once the loot chest was open. (Bioware actually didn't even know this themselves, which was pretty hilarious. A PC Game by PC Gamers! )

More UI updates are supposed to follow in the next one or two patches.

I haven't updated yet. I have zero issues with the game technically, other than it sometimes hard crashing at a rift (and I think that's more shitty Nvidia drivers than a DA issue), so I really don't feel like risking it. I'm ~ 5 hours away from finishing, so I'm gonna finish and then put it away for awhile until they've sorted some UI stuff out.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 11, 2014, 19:01 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 14:25:
My GOTY is absolutely the insanity of FC4. I have so many stories of weird, insane things that happened. Not scripted things, just insanity in the world.

Sadly, I also hit a progress-stopping bug the other day. 21.5 hours in. Do I begin again, or quit altogether? It's super damn annoying. If I had access to a faster computer I could probably fix it - the game world loads before the game loads, and the save spot it chose for me is underwater, so by the time the game actually loads it's killed me.

Holy fucking shit, that's some terrible design... Note to imbecile developers: THE GAME WORLD SHOULD NEVER AFFECT A PLAYER CONTROLLED CHARACTER UNTIL SAID PLAYER HAS ACTUALLY BEGUN CONTROLLING THE FUCKING CHARACTER. IDIOTS.

Btw, I have FC4 installed on an SSD, so if you want and the save file isn't too big, you can send it to me and I can try and see if I can get you out of that spot?

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2014, 19:07.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
20. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 18:58 Creston

Theo wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 16:16:
If you have a xbone, then just ignore this and get forza horizon 2 - its superior in almost every way.

Being bored at work, I watched a guy drift an AWD Veyron around a roundabout in Forza Horizons 2 for roughly three minutes, and it handled the way I expect an AWD car to handle in a continuous drift. (The guy playing had a wheel, and a camera view of the wheel as he was drifting.)

That self-same guy then did a Crew video, where he just tried to do a simple burnout and then a power slide in a 2013 Mustang GT, and couldn't pull either one of despite repeated attempts, due to the god-awful driving and physics model.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2014, 18:55 Creston

Sure, but do you HAVE to hand them the password? If there's no pw on the phone, like in this case (MORON ALERT), then yeah, why shouldn't they search the phone. They search your wallet when they arrest you, I don't see why an unprotected phone would be different.

SCOTUS ruled that you do not have to hand over the password to your phone. (but in Fourt/Fifth Amendment related funsies, if your phone is locked with Biometric data, you CAN be forced to unlock it, because it becomes part of who you are versus what you know. )

It doesn't look like the Canadian SC made a ruling on the password part?

Also... "We did it were the jewelry at nigga burrrrrrrrrrr,"

Do you speak a different form of English in Canada? I can't for the life of me understand what the fuck this is supposed to mean.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 11, 2014, 18:50 Creston

Well, suddenly HUGE swaths of the US no longer have broadband. Basically any place more than ~ 500 yards outside of city limits.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released
1. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Free DLC Released Dec 11, 2014, 18:49 Creston

The Teladi Outpost DLC introduces a whole Teladi-controlled system containing two new sectors and over a dozen zones of interest, along with new Teladi and pirate factions, and various new Teladi ships, stations and weapon types. (*)

(*) Please note: new sectors, Teladi and pirate factions, and various new Teladi ships, stations and weapon types not expected to actually work until patch 4.5, somewhere in November of 2015.

I'm still pissed at the state they released this in. A year later, it's finally starting to look somewhat like the game it should have been.

News Comments > CitesXXL Announced
1. Re: CitesXXL Announced Dec 11, 2014, 18:46 Creston

Cites?  

15. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 14:39 Creston

Thanks Hanover and jv!  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 11, 2014, 13:36 Creston

For the Ouya? Holy shit.

"We're not getting anyone to bite. Quick, announce a PC version!"

Nice try, fellas.

9. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Julio wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:34:
Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:22:
I know a few guys here are playing it and enjoying it. Jivaro was one, maybe? (if not, I apologize, Jivaro!)

I'm one of those enjoying the game, though playing it on PS4. Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 were my type of game, and this one's pretty similar. The one downside is the fact it's online.

Well, your name starts with J too, hence my confusion. :p

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 11:50 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:46:
This is the explanation I've heard from people I know in the industry, and they aren't particularly happy with the lower prices. Further more the lower prices are also hurting US oil production as our current boom is due to our large deposits of shale oil. Shale oil is more expensive to produce so lower prices make it a riskier prospect.

Yeah, my company isn't doing so hot right now. As much as it pains me to say it, I hope oil goes back up soon, otherwise I'll likely be out of a job.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 11:46 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:16:
Since Blue already mentioned it, I just wanted to say how the gas price in my country dropped all of 2% with the recent 30+% drops in crude. So as bad as you guys feel you have it in the States, you still got it pretty good compared to most of the rest of the world...

Its both a feel good/feel shit story! Depending on one's outlook

You're in Europe somewhere, IIRC, right? Most of your gas price is tax that goes straight to the government, so that's why it doesn't drop as much when the price of oil goes down.

On the flipside, once the US and OPEC and the rest of the world have bankrupted Russia with their oil and gas shenanigans, I fully expect oil to shoot up to ~7500$ a barrel, and then our price for gas will go to 187 bucks for a gallon, and yours will go up by maybe a Euro.

So it's definitely a glass half full of shit on both sides.

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:15:
Even now, gas finally broke less than a buck a liter here - currently the cheapest at Costco at 94.4 cents - and while that's super and all, fact is we're still getting screwed on the price. It should really be about 35 cents a liter.

I'll do you one better than that. Last week Oklahoma City was the first to go under 2 bucks a gallon here. In Tulsa though, 100 miles down the road? Yeah, it was still $2.49 at the time, because Quicktrip are a bunch of fucking cuntass bastards.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Holy shit, that was you who was the cause of gas dropping by a dollar??

Quick, everyone, let's get a kickstarter going to get Blue a Tesla Model S! Gas will drop to 4 cents a gallon if we do that!!

25339 Comments. 1267 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo