Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25141 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Nov 26, 2014, 18:41 Creston

garrywong wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 13:18:
Haha, so after being worst company to work for in America for years and years in a row, looks like they managed to find SOMETHING to be "best" at and grabbed it with as much power as their greedy fat fingers let them.

EA has never been the worst place to work. (they were elected as the worst company from a customer perspective.) In fact, if anything, they've consistently ranked in the top... 100 I believe for "best places to work" for quite some time. And they are apparently excellent with regards to the whole inclusion/equality story.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
31. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 21:59 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 18:53:
The list has grown enough that we need a list of Crestonisms (TM), detailing the various levels of Creston. Is Cockweasel above or below a Cockwallet? I'm not sure, honestly.

You don't need a list, just ask! Cockweasel is above Cockwallet, but it obviously still ranks below Cockwaffle. It's not that complicated.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 25, 2014, 21:56 Creston

It would never happen to begin with, but wouldn't a giant wifi network like that basically just be the end of what little concept of internet security we have?

Everyone would be on the same wifi network, so teh haxx0rs could grab everything they wanted from anyone's system.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
23. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 25, 2014, 15:02 Creston

I backed it because I wanted to see if RG could recapture the Ultima magic, but instead he's basically creating Twitter with Skills.

I've stopped paying attention to it quite a few updates ago. I'll check it out when it's finally released, but it has essentially zero to do with Ultima anymore.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
143. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 25, 2014, 14:49 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:49:
it's also that certain skills are so EXTREMELY short-lived that using them is nearly always entirely pointless

Nah, not really, but they're meant to be used at tactical moments. If you think these are terrible, you should never play GW2. Every skill there last 2 or 3 seconds. There aren't any "cast now and forget for 20 minutes" spells in DA:I though, no.

and I never believe I'd say that, but the lack of a dedicated healing path is annoying as FUCK. It basically forces you to stop exploring and get new potions.. another "wtf is the point of that" moment..

You need to play differently. I explore for hours before needing a single potion, and usually it's because I can't be bothered to walk around a mountain and just jump down. (though now that I've gone Knight Enchanter, my idiot party runs into the thick of battle continuously and dies. I just let them die now, and just solo everything.)

Damage mitigation is king. Barrier and Guard are the life of DA:I combat. Bring 2 mages and Cassandra/Blackwell fully specced for sword&board Guard, and most battles you get through without ever getting damaged. My 2 mages keep up barrier 60/70% of the time, and my warrior will have full guard while barriers regenerate.

Now, whether that is actually a BETTER style of gameplay than having a heal, I'll leave in the middle. As opposed to the DA:O style of "you NEED a spirit healer!" you now have the DA:I style of "You need a barrier mage and a guard warrior."

I'm not really sure that we gained all that much. I agreed with their principal design behind the decision, but in reality it's changed really very little. Instead of watching health go down and then casting a spell to bring it back up, you now cast a spell to bring health up and then watch it go down. In its purest essence, it's made virtually zero difference to gameplay.

And you think the CC is bare-bones? This is the most ridiculously advanced CC I've ever seen? The range of stuff you can make is staggering, as opposed to, for example, Mass Effect 3, where every character looks pretty much the same because the underlying structure is the same.

And I love the British female VA, but I also really enjoyed her when she did the voice of Samantha Traynor.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 25, 2014, 13:54 Creston

"heartfelt apologies"

"We still have your money though, so... eh."

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
10. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 13:52 Creston

There will be absolutely no embargo on any type of coverage once the game is available for sale.

That **is** an embargo, you fucking cockweasels.

Holy shit, how to go from "I like these guys!" to "Useless bunch of fucking shitwheels" in a single year: Ubisoft 2014.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Uplay Nov 24, 2014, 17:36 Creston

Is it fucking ludicrous just what a goddamned fucking piece of shit Uplay is.

I'm downloading my (free) copy of FC4, taking forever, and my system hard crashes somewhere during it. (Thanks DA:I! )

Trying to get Uplay to come back up, and it keeps crashing, so finally I uninstall it and reinstall it. And lo and behold, even though I still have the 5+ GB I had already downloaded, Uplay just goes and insist on redownloading the entire fucking thing again.

FUCK YOU TO FUCKING HELL, UBISOFT, YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF CUNTDRIZZLE.

141. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 17:25 Creston

Yeah, I get banter. Not terribly often though. Maybe once every two hours or so?

They're pretty chatty in the storm coast right now, so I wonder if it's location trigger based like it was in DA:O. I didn't hear a ton of banter in the Oasis, for example.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 16:53 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 15:40:
Creston,

I always find your posts intelligent and witty. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Thumbsup

You too, buddy

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
13. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 24, 2014, 16:52 Creston

Fion wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 16:34:
How is it that EA is basically the only big-time publisher to release a game this year that wasn't a pile of crap?

Up next, EA gets the PC Gaming Award of the Year!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 15:19 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 14:52:
Topping out at 78 today and 80 tomorrow. Thursday is going to 80. Time to plan for a beach picnic on Thanksgiving Day!

I hope your turkey drowns!!!! Shakefist

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 15:19 Creston

InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:44:
Guys. I need some suggestions on what to watch (series). Ive just finished Boardwalk Empire and I have run out of ideas.

Justified. Archer. Fringe. Community (seasons 1-3).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2014, 13:17 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:19:
And the damn eagle - leave me alone, I'm hunting monkeys for a wallet.

That made me snort water all over my desk. Thanks, Beamer!

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
9. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 24, 2014, 13:11 Creston

siapnar wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:48:
There is so much to do in it that I feel overwhelmed at times.
Maybe it's just because I'm getting older, but this kinda thing really turns me off.
I'd rather have a more focused, compact experience than have too many things to do.
I don't mean COD levels of linearity, but I'd rather only have 3 or so objectives to accomplish at one time, including the main story mission.

Obviously it's good to have a lot of content, and many players (especially younger) love dumping hours upon hours into a game... but I just can't do it anymore

You CAN just focus on the main missions, btw. I don't think they outlevel you, or if they do, not by very much. You can safely ignore all the side stuff.

@Xil, the crafting system is actually fairly simple. Basically every item you craft has slots for a certain type of material. Ore, cloth, leather, etc. Depending on what type of Ore (or cloth, or leather) you put into it, the properties of the item you craft will change. The bonuses the different items give are listed underneath them in a list of 4, and that's the bonus they give if they are in that particular slot.

So for example, if you were to craft an armor with Iron as its main component, it'll have an Armor Class of say, 100, because Iron gives Low armor class when used as a main ingredient. If you were to use, for example, Obsidian, that same armor would probably have an AC of 118 or so, because Obsidian is a better material to craft the armor from.

Similarly for the other slots. If you use Iron as the secondary material as well, it may give you +4 Strength as a bonus, whereas if you used Obsidian in that slot, it would give you +6 Strength as a bonus. Basically, the rarer the material, the better the item you're crafting.

Other than that, you can mix and match whichever ores/leather etc you want. It's just a matter of maximizing the bonus, or getting the combination you prefer. (Tip: When you get Skyhold, there is a merchant near the main gate who sells unlimited supplies of "Something Something Glass", which is a pretty awesome crafting material. I always buy a hundred or so and go to town crafting some new stuff for my party.)

@Fion, I think the Hinterlands are the best place to farm Elfroot, but you can also put it in Skyhold's garden, and it'll grow a few every <unknown> amount of time. I think sometimes a merchant will sell some as well.

News Comments > Irrational is Hiring
4. Re: Irrational is Hiring Nov 24, 2014, 11:49 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:35:
"Why is Ken locking the doors? Ken? You said we were done! KEN! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR, KEN!!!!", etc, etc...

Hehehe.

139. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 24, 2014, 11:26 Creston

Ugh, awesome. Do you have the individual party members' AI turned off?

It makes no sense that they go from a solid AI system in DA:O and DA2 to this... My guess is they could just never get the scripting to work in Frostbite 3?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 11:03 Creston

Thanks homie!

Had about 90 bucks left in gift cards, so spent 86 dollars for seasons 1 -6. That's a pretty sweet deal.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 10:59 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 10:54:
Creston, you see my TNG note the other day? Huge amazon sale...

Aaahhh!! NO!

Is it still on? OMG!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2014, 10:57 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:02:
The humor in this game is freaking out when you come across your first honey badger and shooting it with an RPG, nearly killing yourself and then seeing its ragdoll roll down the hill. I've also accidentally deployed the wingsuit at a low altitude where I was just trying to jump over a crevice, but then flying-squirreled myself into a cliff wall and died.

Hahahaha. Also, honey badger don't care about your RPG!!

25141 Comments. 1258 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo