Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25501 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 23:13 Creston

Oh my God, the FCC is actually doing something useful. Of course, this is a small victory compared to the net neutrality shafting we'll get in the next two months, but hey, any victory against AT&T/Verizon and their miserable, you-fuckers-can't-die-quick-enough ilk is worth mentioning.

Edit: Based on the link below, I'm beginning to think Tom Wheeler has been Body Snatched...

Wheeler seemed to dismiss the "hybrid" Title II idea he floated several months ago and embrace Obama's more direct approach.

I'm... I'm speechless. If this is true, holy hell, I hope AT&T and Verizon and all those other fuckers fucking CHOKE on it.

By the 25/3 standard, roughly... what, 3% of America has broadband? FEEL THE POWER.

Take all that funding away from the fucking telcos and Verizon, who do NOTHING with it, and allow rural areas to provide their own fiber networks with that funding. That is the ONLY way we'll get rid of the horseshit digital divide that Big Corp has shafted America with.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 15:55 Creston

Damn, that shit in Paris is fucked up...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 13:12 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 13:02:
desktop K-series (overclocking) skylake wont be here until well into 2016

Oh crap, I thought it was Q3 2015.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 12:52 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 02:00:
Oy, I'm getting a little farklemt.

Do you mean verklemmt?

9. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 12:47 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:50:
probably continues the tradition of "minimum" specs being the ones that allow you to run the game, not actually play it in any acceptable way

dont matter cuz im building a new machine for it anyways

Are you not going to wait for Skylake processors?

3. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 11:46 Creston

spiffy.

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
7. EMOTIONS and CHOICE Jan 6, 2015, 13:24 Creston

Putting those words in CAPITALS lets you know that they're SERIOUS BUSINESS.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2015, 13:23 Creston

They're probably from somewhere else, and your doggie just gathered them up and put them in the kitchen. I always find stuff in my bedroom that the dogs dragged in from somewhere else.

News Comments > $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced
13. Re: $500 Sound Blaster X7 Limited Edition Announced Jan 6, 2015, 13:20 Creston

My onboard sound was starting to have issues about a year or so ago, so I switched to a SB card and it's been... decent, I guess. Still, after all these years, has that good old Creative "Windows has forgotten that you have a sound card" bug that forces me to system restore every single fucking time it happens (usually once every few months or so.)

It amazes me that they manage to stay in business.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2015, 13:13 Creston

"I have to say, everything in my—it should be that you should not be able—if a parent doesn't want her kids to buy violent video games, that should be the parents'—it should be that this law was OK, I guess is what I'm saying."

Apparently the ability to make a coherent sentence is no longer required to serve on the Supreme Court.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Film Dated
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Film Dated Jan 6, 2015, 12:50 Creston

Knowing Ubisoft, this film will fail to actually display properly in half the theaters, and run at 12fps in all others.

Kidding aside, this could actually be a great movie, and I love Michael F. Assbender, so I'm semi-hopeful.

News Comments > Razer Unveils OSVR Headset
1. Re: Razer Unveils OSVR Headset Jan 6, 2015, 12:27 Creston

Competition = good.  

News Comments > Far Cry Poll
37. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 21:28 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 16:05:
Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 11:08:
I don't know Creston, Far Cry + dinosaurs sounds fine to me.

Well, I'm sure next year they'll be happy to bring you Far Cry 5 ... 4.5 ... 3.5Alpha2 where they've replaced the elephant models with T-Rexes.

You know... I'd still buy it. I'd feel bad doing so, but I'd do it.

Hey, to each their own. I've quite enjoyed FC4, although their "why bother testing anything?" MO has caused me to stop playing it before I ever got a chance to finish, but I really don't see me playing that same game Yet Again.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 5, 2015, 21:20 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 17:47:
Microsoft Forms Super-Secret Xbox Team That Aims To "Push The Envelope."

I guess the secret got out!
Xbox avatars to get improved graphics

Hehehehehe, bravo.

So what is the super-secret Xbox team going to be working on? According to the job ad, it will have something to do with a future iteration of Kinect.

Oh for fuck's sake. How many times do you retards have to burn yourselves with that piece of shit technology before you get the damn message??

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Far Cry 4 unplayable on bone Jan 5, 2015, 21:19 Creston

And the Ubisoft debacle continues. What an incredible bunch of incompetent dillweeds that place turned into in 2014.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 16:07 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 11:49:
Yesterday/last night, on Facebook, Ken Levine had a series of posts that appeared to be aimed at reminding people that he doesn't personally own the rights to System Shock or Bioshock. (I am not sure what started the conversation..perhaps it was the fan letter that apparently demanded that Levine tell him when Half-Life 3 was coming) Some interesting points and suggestions came from some interesting people along the way. Here are the highlights...

1) Levine said that 2K owns the rights to Bioshock and that he has no idea who owns System Shock. After some speculation by a few people someone claimed that " The Meadowbrook Insurance Groups" owned the rights, that was neither confirmed or denied by Levine. I am fairly certain he honestly doesn't know or care.

2) Brian Raynolds (Civ, AoE, Alpha Centauri) made the observation that the SS rights sounded as convoluted as the Alpha Centauri rights. At this point someone said "Oh? Do tell!" and Levine said "Yeah, do!", so Reynolds elaborated and yes it all sounds rather confusing.

2.5) Brian Reynolds joked (stated?) that he wanted to make a shooter/rpg set in the Alpha Centauri universe. Levine told Reynolds that if the shooter were to be made, to put him down for 100 copies. "Deirdre Skye running and gunning, with mindworms closing in from all directions!" -Brian Reynolds

3) George Broussard suggested that Levine start a "spiritual successor" to System Shock on Kickstarter using the Unity engine. Levine reminded George that he didn't own the rights, George said that's why you call it a "spiritual successor".

3.5) "1) leave 2k cause, ugh, 2) kickstart spiritual successor to System Shock using Unity on KS, 3) Profit " -George Broussard (quote for context)

4) Levine stated that the only game rights he owns are the ones associated to the Freedom Force franchise. I wanted to put my personal vote in for Levine to make a new Freedom Force game but I decided interjecting was inappropriate. (But man did I love those two games) The conversation was largely between developers and I am just an eavesdropping fan.

The conversation is up on Levine's public FB page is anyone is interested. I found the conversation interesting as a gamer and a fan and I appreciate that Levine is willing to host such discussions on his public page for anyone to see. These days everyone in any of the entertainment industries seems very scared to say anything about anything unless it is carefully planned to the smallest detail.

Thanks for sharing, that's pretty cool.

Bit puzzled why Levine would have an issue with a spiritual successor to system shock, as he plain stated that that's what Bioshock was.

New Freedom Force... eh. I enjoyed them well enough, but am not really clamoring for another one. A new System Shock, however, holy shit. I'd kickstart that for 200 bucks.

26. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 16:03 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 13:56:
Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 10:59:
All of them sound retarded for Far Cry.

Here's a thought, Ubisoft: How about you... I dunno, make a new IP? I think after 4 games, we've seen Far Cry. I really don't need yet another game with the exact same gameplay elements in it (though since it's Ubisoft, any new IP will really still just be Ubisoft the Game and be 30% AC, 30% Far Cry, 40% Gather All The Things)

Also: Set fire to your Kiev studio, as they are beyond fucking incompetent.

After Watch Dogs and The Crew, the new IP route didn't exactly pan out...

Watch Dogs sold like 8 million or so, I think? Not exactly bad for new IP.

25. Re: Far Cry Poll Jan 5, 2015, 16:00 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 11:08:
I don't know Creston, Far Cry + dinosaurs sounds fine to me.

Well, I'm sure next year they'll be happy to bring you Far Cry 5 ... 4.5 ... 3.5Alpha2 where they've replaced the elephant models with T-Rexes.

News Comments > Into the Stars Kickstarter
6. Re: Into the Stars Kickstarter Jan 5, 2015, 15:46 Creston

85K for a game that looks like that? I'm going to go ahead and say that that's roughly a few zeroes short at the end.

Also, I'm going to guess that roughly half of that 85K would go directly to Jack Wall.

Finally, two ex-DICE guys, so yeah, this'll run great straight out of the gate.

(edit: I'd gladly pay 35 bucks if they guaranteed I'd get that soundtrack by Jack Wall. His music is fucking phenomenal. They could deliver the game or not, I wouldn't care. I just want the soundtrack.)

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2015, 16:10.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 11:13 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 08:18:
Oh, by the way... Holy Cow, my Cowboys actually won a playoff game! Woot! Grin

Yep, until midway through the third quarter it looked like another Tony Blowmo Playoff special, but then they actually started playing!

Fun to watch in the fourth quarter.

25501 Comments. 1276 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo