Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22098 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
5. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 7, 2014, 22:25 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:10:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:54:
Somehow I thought this was supposed to be out in the March to May timeframe of this year?

Sucks.

I'm not sure where I'd heard it, but I assumed it was summer/late summer.

Oh well. Like with Watchdogs, if they're going to try and turn it into a strong IP, they need to get the first one right, so folks will come back for any sequels. I'd rather play an awesome game a year from now, than one that sucks but ships this March.

Absolutely. I'll wait a year for it to be awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
14. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 22:17 Creston

Since we're talking about hardware in this thread, anyone have any advice for a good PC sound card that's reasonably affordable? (~100 bucks at most?)

I think my crappy Realtek is starting to break down or something...

Thanks for any tips!

13. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 22:16 Creston

Jensen wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:00:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:53:
So what's the benefit of positional tracking? What does that do in this case?
If you lean to the side to see around a corner, or lean forward to peer at something, the view will actually change. The view inside the Rift much more closely follows your actual movements, so there will be less motion sickness.

Ah, that sounds cool. Thanks.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
16. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jan 7, 2014, 20:58 Creston

So apparently they have every driver available except the Windows 7 - 64 ones? Still getting "no driver available."

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
1. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 7, 2014, 20:54 Creston

Somehow I thought this was supposed to be out in the March to May timeframe of this year?

Sucks.

6. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 20:53 Creston

So what's the benefit of positional tracking? What does that do in this case?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2014, 16:32 Creston

Blue wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 15:22:
The only way your dead hands could be cold while clutching a plasma TV would be if it was turned off.

Buzzinga!

News Comments > Fallout 3 Removes GFWL?
35. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 16:31 Creston

peteham wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 16:24:
Some 10-20 hours in, you're basically chipping away at walking-sometimes-talking health bars, as your power-curve goes completely flat. Your moves don't feel powerful, there's no real need to block anymore, and it all becomes rather boring.

Skyrim Redone definitely fixes that. Level 45 so far (though it's on a different curve, as SkyRE assumes you're running the uncapper), and stuff absolutely murders me if I don't pay attention to what I'm doing.

Not wolves and such anymore, of course, but that's logical. But a Dwemer Centurion will still kill me in 3 blows, and he's double annoying now because he knocks you down. High-end bandits are definitely still a threat, and high-level imperial soldiers can kill you. The Thalmor always remain a threat.

It definitely feels much more intense.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2014, 15:00 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:53:
Also, Mom has my 23" CRT TV in her bedroom that I gave her when I moved out 20 years ago. Still looks and works fine, even after 20 years of daily use. TVs are solid state with no moving parts, so as long as they're properly ventilated, they ought to last.

CRTs did, sure. But TV manufacturers then realized that if they made TVs that lasted 20-30 years, people only bought new TVs every 20, 30 years.

So now they make TVs deliberately designed to fail between 4-8 years out, because in our current "trash it and just buy new" civilization, that means they get repeat custom out of you every 4-8 years.

Yay.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2014, 14:59 Creston

Another option for AMD is to make good drivers to counter Nvidia's current batch of crap.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
24. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Jan 7, 2014, 14:52 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:37:
When the video rolls, and it says "in game engine, work in progress" they should have added:

* Not gearbox. Swear to god. Holy shit, they fucked us. Did we mention it's not gearbox? Please, give us a chance here. Just don't close your browser. Please god, we're begging you here.

** Not gearbox!!!

Teeeheee! They could have ended with a picture of Pitchford and the big Ghostbusters whack through it.

News Comments > SOE Going Forward With Unified Subscriptions
2. Re: SOE Going Forward With Unified Subscriptions Jan 7, 2014, 14:50 Creston

It seems like a good idea, to be honest.  

27. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 13:55 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:51:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:44:
So that part of it is easily fixed. Now they just need to focus on actually making that blow seem as if it actually hurt, rather than the toon you hit just go "ah" and not even move when you just hit him in the head with a daedric warhammer.

Yeah but I think they could do more. The mods are a bandaid on a bigger problem. The combat is pretty clunky in general and could really do with a feedback redesign especially. It's hard to do FPS/RPG stuff but I think they're still pretty far off the mark. I'd love to have first melee combat with the responsiveness and feedback of something like Dark Souls. Likewise the games animations are stiff and unnatural, I always feel major uncanny valley when I'm playing an ES game.

I agree, but it seems Bethesda either feels that they're stuck with using their current tools so their modders don't have to relearn everything, or they figure they sell a hojillion copies anyway, so why bother to make anything better?

26. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 13:54 Creston

Panickd wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:48:
Half the time it's downloading updates to games that it's already updated but it doesn't matter because it won't let you play until it's downloaded that update for the umpteenth time!

That's actually not true. It's one of the very few things that Uplay does better than Steam. When there's an update to be downloaded, you can cancel the update, go offline, and play the game and it'll let you. I did that with Black Flag recently when yet another 1.5 GB update of a few skins for MP was released, and it worked fine.

6. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jan 7, 2014, 13:52 Creston

Yeah it's not a big deal or anything.

Btw, lots of users are reporting a "package corrupt" error through the Geforce Exp thing.

News Comments > Hitman Game Not Cancelled
11. Re: Hitman Game Not Cancelled Jan 7, 2014, 13:48 Creston

This screams for a "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING" dog sitting in Square Enix's main office meme.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2014, 13:47 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:00:
3. All the pretty Korean ladies?

In NORTH Korea? I guess maybe some guys find the "No medication and badly malnourished" look attractive?

23. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 13:44 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:55:
I'd love to see them fix it. I don't care as much about the animation (though there's absolutely room for improvement), but combat needs an overhaul. I can't think of any obvious changes, but I'm guessing they'll find plenty.

Skyrim Redone actually does a pretty good job at fixing the combat. It makes every action cost stamina (with the flipside of your stamina regenerating much faster), and weapons do a LOT more damage (and everyone has less health), so when a bandit power attacks you with a two handed sword, you better block or jump out of the way (or interrupt him), or you're gonna be dead.

Walking around with a character in full Epic light dragonbone armor, AC 760, and two swings from a Thalmor Justiciar with his Elven Greatsword killed me. (there were three of them, stop judging me! )

So that part of it is easily fixed. Now they just need to focus on actually making that blow seem as if it actually hurt, rather than the toon you hit just go "ah" and not even move when you just hit him in the head with a daedric warhammer.

22. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 13:39 Creston

It's cool of them to do this, even though it really wasn't all that necessary. FOSE disabled GfMFWL if you used it.  

4. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Jan 7, 2014, 13:38 Creston

Tim wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 12:57:
clicked on drivers page link.. then

- Geforce
- Geforce 700 series
- Geforce GTX TITAN
- Windows 8.1 64 bit
- English (US)
- All

Search..

Results = GeForce R331 Game Ready Driver - WHQL
Version: 332.21 - Release Date: Tue Jan 07, 2014

I never really bother with changing anything other than the OS since nvidias drivers are unified.

Weird. I hit search and it comes back with "No Drivers Found." Heh.

22098 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo