Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24240 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
3. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 09:43 Creston

This is a fucking terrible game. It's not half bad as a Gladiator-Lite movie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month
13. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 15:42 Creston

NKD wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 15:21:
if Watch Doge 2 is as big a leap as AC2 was from AC1.

I hope so.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
61. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2014, 15:08 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 12:29:
I'll never understand the logic of people who takes pictures and/or videos of themselves nude or during sex.

Narcissism.

11. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 15:01 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 14:46:
Sold to consumers. Shipped means to stores but not necessarily sold, companies say sold in to differentiate it from that.

Okay, that makes sense. Even so, I'm fairly sure it broke exactly no records, unless it's "Watch Dogs units sold" like Spectral said.

7. Re: Watch Dogs Bad Blood DLC This Month Sep 3, 2014, 14:33 Creston

record-breaking open-world action game that has sold-in more than 8 million units

What record did it break, exactly? Because as of February, GTA5 had sold 32.5 million copies.

Also, wtf is sold-in?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2014, 14:03 Creston

I'd join the point spread league, but that's just way too much work.

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
37. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 3, 2014, 13:40 Creston

InBlack wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:03:
Its not a bad statement, there is no real reason why anyone should resort to rascist bigotry. Hate speech is a crime where Im from, so why should it go unpunished?

Although considering the fact that most forum admins behave like fascist pigs with delusions of grandeur (thats what you get when you hire people for free) I find the irony very slightly sweet tasting.

It's fairly interesting to see you say that nobody should resort to racist bigotry when you yourself frequently reach for the anti-Christian bigotry staple when posting.

for example:
InBlack wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 03:17:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 22:25:
Somehow I'm still unable to be surprised by how vile people can be, especially on the internet.

There fixed that for you. With that said why would anyone be vile to her because her dad killed himself??? Must be those fundamentalist Christians again, formenting their own brand of special hatred....after all suicide is a sin...

I could dig up more, but eh. You know damn well you do this pretty often.

Might be something to consider in lieu of your original statement.

News Comments > The Sims 4 and Patch Released
15. Re: The Sims 4 and Patch Released Sep 3, 2014, 13:27 Creston

verybad1 wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 13:24:
If you can make them get into fist (or knife)fights, form or join violent drug dealing gangs, or become homeless drunks, it might be more interesting. Just don't see the point of this however.

Seems boring without being able to really create some truly messed up situations.

Announcing The Sims 4: Breaking Bad DLC!

Wait... shit, I would buy that!

News Comments > EA Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO
20. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 13:25 Creston

Quboid wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 13:05:
The point is that marketing is more than advertising and does in fact have input into the game. I don't think his game is saying that marketing is always good at its job.

The very fact that marketing DOES have input into a game is what's been fucking ruining the gaming industry. Because none of these cockwallets have a fucking clue what makes a good game. Same with this new guy at EA. "Hey, everyone, he helped sell $12 boxes of cereal and streamlined the checkout cart at Amazon! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT KIND OF WHACKY ZANY GAMES HE CAN HELP US MAKE!"

Give me a break. The guy is a fucking suit. His positive influence to EA games will be exactly zero percent.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots Sep 3, 2014, 13:22 Creston

Task wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 23:22:
Certainly the best looking AC graphically-wise. But since graphics don't necessary make the game, will have to see how it actually plays.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "About the same as all the others."

News Comments > The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution
6. Re: The Carbon Footprint of Games Distribution Sep 3, 2014, 13:02 Creston

I'm not even gonna click on that trollbait article.

According to some dipshit, the environmental cost in electricity of downloading 1.3GB of data EQUALS the cost of creating a box, printing a DVD / Blu-Ray, printing three cards of advertising shit, wrapping the box in fucking plastic, and shipping it BY FUCKING SEMI TRUCK to a local store. (which isn't even taking into accounts things such as the production process for creating the DVD in the first place, oceanic shipping, and the even more arduous task of disposing of these physical items when they are no longer wanted.)

Congratulations onlinelibrary.wiley.com for having the most retarded fucking opinion ever posted on the internet. The earth is now more polluted because of it. Dildo.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2014, 14:01.

17. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 12:50 Creston

Kajetan wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 11:17:
Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 11:03:
We'll see what Chris Bruzzo can do.
What should he do? Should he just present the usual EA shit as The Greatest Game On Earth or should he find out what the customer REALLY wants?

Irrelevant. What EA wants him to do is figure out how to make the customer believe that the usual EA shit is the Greatest Game On Earth That They (the customer) Really Wants.

16. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 12:49 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 11:03:
Instead, at Starbucks it would be the marketing deciding what products are offered. Do you like the cookie you bought from them? Someone from marketing likely made the decision for them to carry it.

Do you like the dime-a-dozen modern shooters that come out seemingly every month? Did you like the three year wave of WW2 shooters that we had? Do you like the endless waves of F2P pieces of shit we're getting?

Someone at marketing figured out, through some dildo focus group, that that's what everyone wanted.

Do you like games like Star Citizen? Someone at marketing figured out that there was just no market for that type of stuff anymore.

Two can play this game, Beamer.

1. Re: EA's Taps Starbucks Vet as CMO Sep 3, 2014, 09:33 Creston

Only EA would pretend that a fucking marketing officer actually brings any kind of meaning to a game.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:47 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:38:
Also, can we stop with the "cherry picking" argument?

Until she stops doing it, no.

She's doing a series demonstrating patterns and trends that feature tropes. There's literally no way to do this without picking games that feature these tropes.

And what of the games where she demonstrates these 'tropes' and conveniently ignores that you're perfectly free to do the same shit to male NPCs? I can go into a strip club in GTA and shoot up every male NPC inside and never shoot a woman. I can stuff male NPCs in the trunk of a car too. And she never, ever, ever mentions this. she makes it appear as if hookers are the only people you can stuff into fucking trunks in Sleeping Dogs. That hookers are the only ones you can shoot in strip clubs in GTA. That the skimpily dressed girl in New Vegas is the only one you can shoot in the entire city, and then tries to pretend that there's no consequence to shooting her while you see the freaking Karma box pops up that shows that even though you've done a lot of good for the people of New Vegas, they now definitely mistrust you because you murdered an innocent.

How do you not see that that is the very fucking DEFINITION of cherry picking?

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 13:35 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 13:04:
Dude, she did not say "all gamers fucking suck."

Oh, let's see, let me quote a few things. Here are the instances where she infers that it's simply all gamers, or gaming culture as a whole:

• 'Gamers' don't have to be your audience. 'Gamers' are over.

• ĎGame cultureí as we know it is kind of embarrassing -- itís not even culture

• Itís young men queuing with plush mushroom hats and backpacks and jutting promo poster rolls.

• Television cameras pan across these listless queues, and often catch the expressions of people who donít quite know why they themselves are standing there.

• ĎGames cultureí is a petri dish of people...

• All of us should be better than this.

• You should be deeply questioning your life choices if this and this and this are the prominent public face your business presents to the rest of the world.

• You should absolutely be better than this.

• Game websites with huge community hubs whose fans are often associated with blunt Twitter hate mobs sort of shrug

• the commercial arm of the form sprung up from marketing high-end tech products to Ďearly adoptersí. You know, young white dudes with disposable income who like to Get Stuff.

• Suddenly a generation of lonely basement kids

• Ugh, I'm already getting bored with it and I'm not even halfway fucking through. And I could go into each and every one of these and explain how she's talking about EVERYONE. How it's EVERYONE going to PAX et al, EVERYONE standing in listless queues (because apparently being annoyed at having to queue now means something), how it's EVERYONE on gaming hubs associated with hate MOBS on fucking Twitter. But I'm not going to, because fuck all that effort. if you don't see this, then pull your head out of the sand. She is NOT talking about just a few people here.

Here are the few instances where she sort of maybe grudgingly admits that perhaps it's really not everyone, but just a few people.

• Right, letís say itís a vocal minority thatís not representative of most people (And I'm even loathe to include this one, because I'm 99% sure she's saying this sarcastically.

• but actually, those people do represent your community. Thatís what your community is known for, whether you like it or not.

• Itís clear that most of the people who drove those revenues in the past have grown up

• I dunno, I see a lot more in the one column than in the other. If you choose to interpret her column as that she's clearly just talking about the few, fine. I interpret it as a whine against every person that enjoys games and how we should ALLLLLLL of us somehow try to fight against this.

No, Leigh Alexander. I do not feel like I made wrong choices in life because there are some cuntrags (and again, it is a TINY TINY TINY few who do this, not the 'mobs' she likes to pretend it is) who choose to spout off bullshit on the world's most narcisssistically inane invention ever. I don't feel like **I** have to better. I didn't feel like I had to be a better white guy in my mid-20s either when Timothy McVey blew up a building in Oklahoma City. Why? BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH ME.

And again, it's interesting how she keeps talking about this new generation of gamers that's going to make everything so much better, to whit:
    But itís unstoppable. A new generation of fans and creators is finally aiming to instate a healthy cultural vocabulary, a language of community that was missing in the days of ďgamer prideĒ

and yet it's that self-same new generation of gamers that is typically the loudmouthed troll assholes that infest the internet and multiplayer games everywhere. The internet was a FUCKTON better community wise even 15 years ago in what she dismisses as the days of "Gamer Pride."

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2014, 14:06.

News Comments > Op Ed
    26. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 12:39 Creston

Here's a very nice rebuttal, of a kind, on the whole "ALL FUCKING GAMERS SUCK!" mantra that Gamasutra seems to be spewing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2014, 12:27 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 09:49:
    Star Trek: The Next Generation Reunion Selfie.

Is that a photoshop, or did Shatner really stick his dumb face in there, so that we can't see someone who I assume is Dorn, on the right?

What a bastard...

He was there, he hosted the panel.

News Comments > Op Ed
    25. Re: Op Ed Aug 29, 2014, 12:24 Creston

commonperson wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 10:43:
    Honestly, I've been playing video games since Pong and right now I've never been more ashamed of people in my social group.

Here's what I don't understand about this argument: Why do you identify with these imbeciles? Why does it make you ashamed of being a gamer because there are some (and despite what Leigh Alexander tries to make people believe, it's really just a very very very VERY TINY few people in the entire gaming community that act like this) idiots that feel that the Internet gives them the anonymity to act like sub-humans?

If you've been playing since Pong, you're probably around my age.

Do you feel ashamed of your entire social group when you're out drinking if one of your friends gets a DUI? What about if some random dude out there of the same age gets a DUI?

If some jackass shoots another jackass in a movie theater, should all movie-goers feel ashamed of being fans of movies? So why should all gamers feel ashamed of being gamers?

I love playing games, and I personally think that the game community was a lot BETTER twenty years ago than it is today. So despite what Leigh Alexander bleats, it's actually far more likely that these young people that she hails as some kind of magnificent new generation are the ones acting like utter retards.

I don't identify with those clowns. I sure as fuck don't feel ashamed of being a gamer because of them. And any of the gaming media that tries to lump every single one of us gamers into one giant group can eat a big fat pile of shit.

News Comments > etc.
    12. Re: etc. Aug 29, 2014, 11:42 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:21:
    I'd say a bunch of guys storming in in body armour and assault weapons is pretty extreme.

Because the guy is just a guy playing a game, I get that. But again, SWAT doesn't know that. All they know is they have an apparently credible threat that there's a guy in an office building with a bomb. If they walk in just going "hey guys, is there a bomb here?" and there is an actual bomb there, everyone gets blown up. SWAT has to go in hot, that's the whole reason you send in SWAT.

He was threatened, and the one cop did grab his phone and started going through it.

I don't hear any threats. I hear some tough cop talk in how they say "Don't you fucking move, you hear me, boy?" as they're cuffing him, which seems a little Dirty Harry, but eh.

As for the phone, I would agree with them not having the right to go through his phone, but since they're dealing with an assumed bomb threat, they have to check it to make sure the phone isn't the trigger. The cop even asks him about a strange number on the phone, presumably to verify that that isn't the trigger.

There has to be some credibility to exigent law. Call me crazy but receiving an anonymous tip doesn't qualify.

Yes it does. That's kind of the whole point about exigent circumstance and anonymous tips. The dispatcher has to make a judgement call about whether it was believable or not, and from that point on, SWAT has to go by that judgement.

Especially when it's at a private residence and not in the middle of the downtown core somewhere.

Judging from comments I read, this guy and his clan/group actually play in an office building, and the takedown happened in an office building.

Map of Botched SWAT Raids - fucking scary.

9 Horrifying Botched Police Raids

And where's the map showing SWAT raids that saved lives? Where SWAT stopped something terrible from happening? Yes, 9 botched police raids is bad. How many raids do they do that went off without a hitch. You can't expect them to be 100% accurate.

So yeah, this shit needs to be curtailed. Seriously. Without establishing a credible threat this has to stop.

We'll just agree to disagree. What needs to happen is the penalty for "swatting" needs to become far far far far FAR more severe.

24240 Comments. 1212 pages. Viewing page 44.
    < Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo