Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23008 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Specs May 2, 2014, 11:02 Creston

Careful though. If you buy their game, they may just decide to sue you afterwards or something.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday
23. Re: Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday May 2, 2014, 10:59 Creston

Drayth wrote on May 1, 2014, 21:56:
No dog?

No man, pores are the new thing!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
34. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 19:05 Creston

Quinn wrote on May 1, 2014, 18:07:
FANBOY WAAAAH FANBOY WAAAAH FANBOY WAAAAAH FANBOY WAAAAAH

If you want to call your game to be called Elder Scrolls, you need to present Elder Scrolls. This game doesn't in so many areas, it's staggering. You still like it, fine. It's not Elder Scrolls. There is no Dark Brotherhood. There is no Thieves Guild. There is no freedom to do shit except "go to zone and kill mobs." Yes, it's an MMO, and it's an MMO with a thin veneer of Elder Scrolls lore, and that's about it.

As for your pathetic whimperings about how awesome it is and how nobody but you can have an opinion on it, I could literally not give less of a fuck. But cry a little harder, your desperate squeaks in trying to defend this game sound like those of a lab rat just before it's taken out of its cage to get injected with Ebola.

33. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 18:59 Creston

PropheT wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:23:
To be fair, implementing something like that well in a style suitable for Elder Scrolls without the capability of saving and reloading previous states is far more complicated. I'm actually curious how much freedom like that the players will be comfortable with when their choices aren't a function key away from being fixed.

It's really not that difficult. You just need to NOT start with a position of "The guards are omniscient, can teleport to the scene of a crime within 0.000001 seconds, and each of them can individually murder every Daedric Prince all at once."

There was a great, great mod for Oblivion that made being a thief in the Imperial city so freaking awesome. If you got caught, that person went running for the guard. If you stopped him/her and weren't seen in doing so, no guards would come. But there was the chance of someone hearing the noise, and either investigating OR going to get the guard themselves. But even then, going to get the guard and having the guard come over took time. Time during which you could still make a few quick grabs and disappear before the guard showed up, and if nobody had ever seen you, they wouldn't know who did the crime.

It was glorious. One guy made that in his spare time. I would expect a professional developer to be able to make something similar...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2014, 18:54 Creston

You can't really blame AT&T and/or DirecTV for talking about it. When that horseshit Comcast/TWC merger goes through, they both have to compete with a 280million pound gorilla.

If they also merge, they have somewhat equal footing.

None of this is in any way, shape or form beneficial or even NEUTRAL for the customer, of course. They'll be raped with higher fees, slower speeds, less choice and even shittier customer service. But hey, at least cuntsack Senators named Chuck can get another 25 fucking grand out of the deal!

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday
3. Re: Next Call of Duty Teased; Reveal on Sunday May 1, 2014, 18:50 Creston

"What happens when the highest bidder becomes the world's next superpower?"

Answer: Exactly the same thing as what happens when South America invades the USA. Or when Terrorists nuke DC. Or (insert any other nonsensical bullshit 'plot' from previous Call of Duty titles).

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
35. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 18:36 Creston

So THAT'S why Zenimax let Carmack go so easily...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 18:34 Creston

nin wrote on May 1, 2014, 16:24:
Creston wrote on May 1, 2014, 16:22:
Someone gifted me a game on Steam yesterday (Dead Island: Epidemic), and due to hilarious Steam'ism, I didn't get a chance to say thanks through Steam, and now in my old man state, I've actually forgotten who it was...

So thanks very much.

You should have an email? Like "X has sent you a gift"...

Oh, I haven't actually checked that. Thanks for reminding me

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 16:22 Creston

Someone gifted me a game on Steam yesterday (Dead Island: Epidemic), and due to hilarious Steam'ism, I didn't get a chance to say thanks through Steam, and now in my old man state, I've actually forgotten who it was...

So thanks very much.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2014, 16:18 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:51:
How many of you email your elected reps to gripe about this stuff?

I have. neither of them have even bothered to respond, of course, since both of them are firmly in the "AT&T and their ilk grease my pockets" camp. (ie, they're both politicians.)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 1, 2014, 11:56 Creston

while McGee also questioned the console's target market, saying that middle-class youngsters may not have time for gaming.

"Between the ages of 3-22 years of age they are heads-down with study, school, and extra-curricular activities that will increase their chances of competing successfully against others in the super-hot Chinese job market," he wrote. "Those that aren't studying don't have money to spend on a console."

American McGee proudly presents American McGee's Racial Stereotypes, brought to you by American McGee's American McGee!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Google Fiber No Better Than What We Offer May 1, 2014, 11:46 Creston

Except We Don't Offer It.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne: Betrayal
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - PC BloodRayne: Betrayal May 1, 2014, 11:38 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:34:
IGN gave it a 9, everyone else random scores between 2 through 8.

Surprise surprise.

If Majesco slides some ad dollars PC Gamer's way, I'm sure they're ready with their rousing 94 review.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 11:36 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on May 1, 2014, 09:23:
Success! Today is a win!

Yeah, without the remember me option, it doesn't store a cookie, and all that stuff is stored in the cookie.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 11:35 Creston

Fuck Willem-Alexander. "April 30th FO LIFE! <3 Juliana!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2014, 11:29 Creston

"We will not allow some companies to force Internet users into a slow lane so that others with special privileges can have superior service," he said.

"Except for where we've already done that."

Why is nobody in Congress calling this asshole out on his fucking blatant LIES?? I would have at least expected Wyden to go "Ehhh... Tom? How about that Netflix deal, hmm? Or rather, the Netflix extortion that you're planning on legalizing."

The Open Internet rules will be tough, enforceable, and, with the concurrence of my colleagues, in place with dispatch."

Is that even English?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 1, 2014, 11:24 Creston

Oh Sony... When are you going to learn to put out an update that just WORKS?  

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 11:22 Creston

Wait...

A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

This is NOT in the game? You call it Elder Scrolls, and there is not even a rudimentary justice system?

News Comments > Soldak's Next Game
5. Re: Soldak's Next Game May 1, 2014, 01:38 Creston

Zombie game, blegh, but their latest game, Drox Operative, is actually a ton of fun. A truly dynamic galaxy where every time you play the relationships between the races fluctuate on all ends of the spectrum, and wildly diverging Win conditions allow you to alter your goals on the fly when you see the need to change them.

I very much recommend it.

27. Re: Out of the Blue - Cancer Apr 30, 2014, 18:19 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:45:
Steelcamp wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:37:
As a care taker of a breast cancer survivor I feel bad for the women that have to endure this and then get wammyed with loss of a job. Fortunately my wife has kept her employment and they were happy to have her back after being gone for a year.

Congrats to your wife, and you as well!

Seconded.

23008 Comments. 1151 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo