Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25143 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
1. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 10:19 Creston

I squee'd at the thought of them doing Van Buren / FO3, but then remembered Bethesda owns it and it seems unlikely they would have struck an agreement on that.

I can't imagine that Meanwhile is something that was "often asked for" though, as I doubt a dozen people had ever even heard of that before?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 10:16 Creston

Cool.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2014, 00:56 Creston

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 22:57:
At least they leave their paws off the real Star Trek universe then.

The real Star Trek universe has basically been dead and buried for over a dozen years. It's somehow much better if nobody ever tries to do anything in that anymore?

News Comments > Dying Light Specs Scaled Back
10. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 6, 2014, 00:49 Creston

And yet more bleating out of the moron. Try your hardest not to admit you were wrong yet again, maybe by ranting even more.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2014, 00:57.

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 21:55 Creston

Not a good sign when Orci leaves, but then again he may just be joining Abrams @ Star Wars.

News Comments > Dying Light Specs Scaled Back
3. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 5, 2014, 21:52 Creston

harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 21:06:
BUT WHAT ABOUT MY AWESOME COMPUTER THATS SO BIG AND BAD AND AWESOME?!?! STUPID SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ARE THE FUTURE!! GET ON BOARD YOU FUCKING LOSERS!

It was quite amusing to see the bleats of imbecile little sheep who think they know everything.

This game comes out on the PS4 and Xbone. It will not require more than 8GB of RAM. End of story.

41. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 15:18 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 14:13:
Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 12:22:
Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 12:11:
It made me feel a nice mix of old and nerdy.

And old-man-creepy for dating a girl so much younger.

Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Funny story, Beam.

Oh, I'm actually fuck-ass jealous....

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
22. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 14:05 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:27:
bobbyric wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:13:
D&D franchise would just be a nightmare (why do you figure Bioware stopped working with wizards of the coast)

Yeah I wish someone in the "know" would talk about the why and how concerning this... is there any known reason why absolutely NO DEV AT ALL touches DnD 4.0 rulesets for games ?

Because WotC are beyond fucking terrible to work with.

37. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 12:22 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 12:11:
It made me feel a nice mix of old and nerdy.

And old-man-creepy for dating a girl so much younger.

News Comments > Game Reviews
40. Re: Game Reviews Dec 5, 2014, 12:18 Creston

Darks wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 18:50:
Actually Creston, I recall in one of those game play videos the developers did that specifically said you could delete the population of animals. but I have no idea how may they have set for the triggers to stop re-spawning after you killed off a large number. I haven't put that to the test but I know they did say it was possible to deplete an area.

Yeah, I remember Laidlaw saying that. I'm going to file that under "Shit that Laidlaw said we knew beforehand wasn't going to be true because it's bullshit." which is not to be confused with the category "Shit that Laidlaw said which isn't true, probably because they ran out of time." or the category "Shit Laidlaw said which isn't true because he just doesn't know what the word in question means."

I tried it out in the very first map, just outside of Haven, to see if it was really true, so I spent about 30 mins slaughtering rams by the boatload. They just kept on spawning.

16. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 12:15 Creston

I remember Shattered Lands. It was pretty cool. My buddy could never get his Roland sound card to work in that, because he was always (I shit you not) 8 bytes short of memory.  

35. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2014, 11:41 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:21:
And the 80s had an enormous, enormous amount of crap.

You shut your filthy whore mouth! YOU SHUT IT NOW, BEAMER! Shakefist Shakefist Shakefist

14. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 11:34 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:19:
I mean the original Bards Tale ;P

I figured, but Anachronox was better than that one too.
Besides, they already did a Bard's Tale remake not that long ago.

But you both have good argment actually.. I loved Anachronox and wouldn't mind if that were the game they are making. That would be awesome.... but I don't think inExile can make 3rd person RPG's ;p

The rights to Anachronox lie with Square/Eidos and they don't seem like the kind of guys to give up IPs. I also don't think inXile has a single former Anachronox dev working for them, so it wouldn't really even be much of a fit.

I'm actually pretty curious now as to what game it will be.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 11:30 Creston

Blue wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 07:36:
They always advise testing at first on a small unseen portion of your pet to ensure no dissolving occurs.

My wife and I learned this the hard way. When we had just gotten our puppies (we adopted them when they were an estimated six months old), we got the flea/tick stuff for them that you have to squirt on their necks. I've treated probably more than a dozen dogs with this stuff, never an issue. Treat my girl dog, no problem.

Treat my boy dog, and within minutes he starts trying to scratch, going crazy, etc. So we look, and it's literally like we'd poured acid on him.

We managed to get it off by very, very, very carefully washing him, took him to the emergency vet where they swabbed it and dressed it, and he's fine now, it didn't scar or anything, and he didn't even seem to remember it the next day, but oh my God did we feel terrible.

(We later went back to the vet and we tried three different kinds of that stuff, all progressively more gentle formulas (and this time on very, very small parts of his skin, on his paw) until finally we got one where she said that she'd never heard of a single dog with any allergies to it. My boy dog still would not handle it. So unfortunately we just have to check him for ticks every time he's been outside.)

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
25. Re: Deus Ex Dec 5, 2014, 11:25 Creston

Drayth wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 19:48:
CD's are a state of the art storage device that store lossless audio. Good alternative for when FLAC files aren't available online.

And then 99% of people play that lossless audio over shitty cables/speakers and don't hear the difference anyway.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 11:15 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 09:45:
Happy Ninja day to all the forum Ninjas! You know who you are! Im only a Guru myself, but with luck and a lot of useless posts who knows? One day perhaps I will join your elite ranks

Pfeh, ninjas.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 11:14 Creston

Prez wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:27:
Who gets to declare it's "National Whatever" day? And why should I just take their word for it? Every day is "National Something-Or-Other" Day and I am kind of tired of it.

You just declare something a day. I invented Wipe Like You Mean It Day, and it seems to have a pretty good following.

Also, Blue, balaclavas go on sale in April, not December.

10. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 11:11 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:
panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:09:
Please be HD Anachronox with the rest of the story.

Others, far better RPG's come to mind

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Baldur's Gate and IWD are owned by Beamdog now, afaik, so probably no chance for that. And Anachronox was better than Bard's Tale.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 4, 2014, 18:55 Creston

2 Petabytes. Holy hell.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Editor Trailer
1. Re: Far Cry 4 Editor Trailer Dec 4, 2014, 18:51 Creston

Heh, that was actually pretty funny. Looking forward to seeing some cool maps being made (is the editor out yet?)  

25143 Comments. 1258 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo