Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22100 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 21, 2014, 11:34 Creston

And they say the site is unresponsive

*snorts water over keyboard*

Thanks, Blue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Good buddy of mine just bought GW2, so I'm getting ready to team up with him and play another character. Any recommendations? I've done Thief and Guardian.

Necro seems more of a "stand around and watch your minions slowly grind shit to death", and Mesmer kinda has that same feel as well.

How is an engineer? Is it fun?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 13:49 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 11:57:
LOL!
How about a headset that detects your rage shuts the console off for you and walk you the fook outside to get some fresh air!

In other news Microsoft paying YouTubers for Xbox One mentions

Nothing surprises me about MS anymore. That's just pathetic.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
23. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 13:31 Creston

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 12:49:
See as Crossfire ranks so high, I'm going with them looking at this on an international level and if I remember correctly, WoW is Free-To-Play in China and a few other regions so that might be their justification for being included in this list.

That's very possible, yeah.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 11:27 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 11:08:
Pressing buttons is too exhausting. Future Xbone games will use the Kinect to allow winning by blinking. If audible enough a fart will take you right to the ending. Then of course there are achievements.

"FARTWINNER!"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2014, 11:13 Creston

MajorD wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 09:32:
Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 15:55:
And just look at the PC Gamer - Games of 2014 list that's coming. Man, I just saw at least 2 dozen that I want now.

Maybe I completely missed it, but they forgot Legend of Grimrock 2 on that list. Maybe it is there, as I did browse through the list a bit quickly.

Holy crap, that list is ridiculous. After I'd seen about 80 games, I realized I was still on page 2!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2014, 10:55 Creston

Interesting article about Disney.

We’re all wringing our hands over the NSA, and meanwhile we’re handing our data as fast as we can to other entities for next to nothing. If the NSA were smart, it would buy Candy Crush Saga, change the permissions, and be done with it.

LOL. It's funny and sad at the same time, and all too true.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2014, 10:48 Creston

That chocolate printer should never come to fruition, because I would weigh 9000 lbs in a year.

Then again, it's by Hershey's, who make the worst fucking "chocolate" in the world, so perhaps I'd be safe.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 10:45 Creston

Just have a headset without a microphone. Problem solved.

Edit: Oh, sp games. I thought mp. Anyway, it "gently lowers the difficulty" because God forbid games give ANY kind of challenge anymore. Every game must be the power-trip fantasy where you never die and just "PRESS X TO BE AWESOME!". Rolleyes

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta Jan 20, 2014, 10:45 Creston

Aka, please fix the game yourself like the Elder Scrolls mod community does so admirably?  

News Comments > Metacritic Analysis
3. Re: Metacritic Analysis Jan 20, 2014, 10:43 Creston

The data at Metacritic gaming media in general leaves much to be desired and seems to be heavily biased. When critic scores do not comply with user scores in the majority of cases, which has been shown in this paper, and the selection of critics segregation of advertising and reviews is seemingly under no formal control, the validity and accuracy of the data is low. Caution is necessary when using Metacritic gaming media information to guide your own decision to buy or not buy a game. Until there is more transparency on how this process takes place at Metacritic gaming media, more transparency on the flow of funding from which sources and the observed biases are removed, the database is of limited basically no use for the end-users.

There.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
11. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 10:41 Creston

Deathbishop wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 10:38:
Since when is WoW a FTP game?

Yeah that's BS. Is there anything to actually buy in WoW, or are they just counting its subscription fees, in which case err... FREE to play?

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2014, 11:02.

News Comments > Thief System Requirements
61. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 20, 2014, 01:45 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 01:41:
Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 01:38:
nin wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 13:56:
Duke Nukem Forever? Simcity? X Rebirth? That last Star Trek game? Microsoft's Shadowrun? Dragon Age 2? I don't recall anyone saying any of those were perfect.

Oh nin. How could you forget the immortal may be the sexiest storytelling ever in an RPG Dragon Age 2 review by PC Gamer?

The worst part was I typed all those up and, 6 hours later, realized I forgot Aliens:CM. How the fuck does that happen???

edit: And the criteria was "masses of perfect scores".

Fair enough. Actually, SimCity got a LOT of "It's soooo awweeessooommmeee!" reviews from drooltarded 'game reviewers' because they'd been playing for an hour on EA's private server, and had gotten food and some swag.

X-Rebirth, however, got properly excoriated. Not a single positive review, which is exactly how it should be. 12 patches later, and shit mostly still doesn't work, and they're STILL fixing "multiple crashes" per patch.

58. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 20, 2014, 01:38 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 13:56:
Duke Nukem Forever? Simcity? X Rebirth? That last Star Trek game? Microsoft's Shadowrun? Dragon Age 2? I don't recall anyone saying any of those were perfect.

Oh nin. How could you forget the immortal The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming’s best story, but maybe its best storytelling. Darker, sexier, better. Dragon Age 2 review by PC Gamer?

It would have more honest had they put "Look, EA gives us a lot of money, ok?" in the box beside the score.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 01:30 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 00:49:
Yeah, but armchair refing is easy with the benefit of TV, replays, etc.

Yeah, that's true. If only we got to a point where a referee could look at the same replays as we are!

Oh.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2014, 01:29 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 23:01:
how do you figure that? as far as i could tell every call was correct except the bowman fumble recovery (OUCH! man they replayed that wayyyyyy too much. the bar cringed every time.) even that didn't matter since the niners got the ball back without giving up a score.

There were waaaay more missed calls than that, though that was by far the most egregious one. It might genuinely have been the worst call since the Packers got fucked ... two? years ago on that horseshit call in the end zone as time expired.

That "leading with the shoulder" penalty early in the game, 15 yards, where it was shoulder to shoulder rather than shoulder to helmet. (and even then it wasn't intentional, the receiver gets pushed into the other defender, it's not as if he can stop his motion in mid-air...) The bullshit 5 yard penalty on the foul against the kicker rather than the 15 and automatic first down one. Two or three worthless holding calls in a row (if you call holding on those you could literally throw a holding flag on every single play.)

49'ers receiver makes a catch and goes out of bounds, play clock just keeps running (happened fairly early, 2nd or 3rd quarter I think.) None of the refs caught it.

But all in all I was most stunned by the "Yeah, you can't review that call"(not the refs' fault, I know. Fault of the idiot NFL rules committee) crap.

And sure, the 49'ers got the ball back, that doesn't make the fact they missed the call any less bad.

(for the record, I didn't give a shit who won in this game, and the Seahawks got a few bad calls against them too, but it seemed rather overwhelmingly against the 49'ers. Like I said, almost as if the Ginger Hammer felt bad about that pathetic officiating in the Superbowl 7 years ago.)

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2014, 23:00 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2014, 21:57:
Wtf was with Sherman's remarks at the end?

It looked like after the final interception he gave Crabtree a friendly pat on the ass to say "hey man, good game" or something like that, and Crabtree shoved him right in the face. So I'm guessing he was pissed at that.

Should be an interesting Superbowl.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2014, 22:56 Creston

Wow, those "all-star" referee squads are fantastic. I guess the NFL figured they owed the Seahawks for the shitty refereeing in the Steelers Superbowl?

I mean, you know the Patriots are going to get away with roughly 15 pass interferences/holdings per game, but the NFC game was even worse. Worst called game in years.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 18, 2014, 15:44 Creston

ldonyo wrote on Jan 18, 2014, 14:18:
Americans ought to be pouring their hearts out over net neutrality, but most are too stupid to know what's coming if net neutrality stays dead.

To be fair, unless you're a fairly specific geek / tech who understands the concepts of throttling, caps, pay for play, etc, the net neutrality thing probably isn't going to really ring a bell with you. They could completely abolish net neutrality, and the large majority of internet customers would never know. They can still get to Facebook and Twitter, they can still Skype, they can still order shit off Amazon. So to them, what's changed? Nothing. Sure, their bill will likely have gone up by 40 bucks a month, but whatever.

It's the people that do things on the internet that few other people do, or hang out on websites that aren't visited by a significant chunk of the entire world population, that would notice net neutrality being gone, and those are also the people that know about all the issues revolving around it.

Everyone, however, can imagine what kind of living fucking hell an airplane would be where 90% of the people are yapping on their cellphones, and you are unable to get off the plane for ten hours.

6. Re: Thief System Requirements Jan 18, 2014, 15:38 Creston

Even with the advent of next-gen consoles, for many old-school fans, Thief will always be most at home on the PC

That's why this is a console game through and through! Jumping? You bet!* Rope arrows? You got them!**

(*in areas where we highlight the option for you to be able to jump.)
(**in areas where we highlight the ability for you to use them.)

Maybe they'll at least have nixxes do the PC port. That'd be a small consolation. But other than that, there's nothing about this game that says "PC" in any way, shape or form.

22100 Comments. 1105 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo