Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 26566 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
20. Re: Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet Sep 15, 2015, 13:52 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 08:21:
PHJF wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 20:46:
It's Gamebryo, which is a hilariously old piece of shit.

That betwen Oblivion (36 hours) Fallout NV (96) and Skyrim (186) you have 318 played hours with that old piece of shit.

That's all?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper & Season Pass Details Sep 15, 2015, 13:45 Creston

Buy now! Ubisoft Kiev promises that this time, the PC port will be really good. We promise!

Edit : Dammit Helf, what did you do?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Kinect Sep 14, 2015, 20:39 Creston

The Kinect launched with ... a $500 million marketing budget

The press, especially the non-gaming mainstream media, ate it up and gave the Kinect glowing reviews.

Gee, there's probably no correlation there at all.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2015, 20:34 Creston

Okay, all cynicism aside, this

You can even play multiplayer with friends still using their Xbox 360

is pretty freaking amazing.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
29. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 20:31 Creston

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 17:57:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 15:47:
As a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment, Naughty Dog are best known for developing games for the PlayStation family of consoles, including the Crash Bandicoot series for the original PlayStation, Jak and Daxter on PlayStation 2, and Uncharted and The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Prior to this, they also developed games including Dream Zone, Keef the Thief, Rings of Power and Way of the Warrior.

From the Naughty Dog Wiki. You really want these guys doing HL3. You are nuts. No. Just No. Leave it to Valve, even if it comes out a mess, or the second coming version of gaming. Leave it where it belongs.

Yeah, no thanks. Dumbed down console centric interface and graphics?

Just no.

Dumbed down graphics. Did you SEE the way they got Last of Us to look on the decrepit PS3? I think dumbed down graphics would be the last thing you'd need to worry about if Naughty Dog were to do it.

28. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 20:30 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:14:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 15:47:
As a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment, Naughty Dog are best known for developing games for the PlayStation family of consoles, including the Crash Bandicoot series for the original PlayStation, Jak and Daxter on PlayStation 2, and Uncharted and The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Prior to this, they also developed games including Dream Zone, Keef the Thief, Rings of Power and Way of the Warrior.

From the Naughty Dog Wiki. You really want these guys doing HL3. You are nuts. No. Just No. Leave it to Valve, even if it comes out a mess, or the second coming version of gaming. Leave it where it belongs.

Can't be worse than episodes 1 and 2...

Seriously. And to think it took Valve like three years to create those two.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
2. Re: Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet Sep 14, 2015, 20:28 Creston

It'll run on an Xbone, which is a hilariously underpowered piece of shit. So I'm fairly sure that most marginally decent PCs will be able to play it.

15. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 15:40 Creston

Hell, ANYONE would do a better job with it at this point than Valve is.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
32. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 12, 2015, 14:53 Creston

Xcom enemy within is fantastic. If you've never played it, go right ahead, you should have a great time.

The Bureau is a very mixed bag. I honestly quite enjoy the battle sequences in it, it has very nice visuals, and some of the levels you're traversing are fantastic. On the flipside, however, it is brutally fucking hard, and the homebase sequences are so mind-numbingly boring that it's just a slog to sit through them.

Nobody told their designers that just having homebase stuff where you talk to NPCs doesn't automatically make games better. It needs to actually be INTERESTING in order to do that. 8 minute discussions with NPCs, all of them voiced by voice actors who mailed shit in by phone, talking about literally nothing of interest or consequence is just plain fucking awful.

If you're a big XCom fan, pick it up for 5 bucks, but otherwise skip it.

Enemy Within, however, is just one of the better games made in the last five years and deserves a playthrough.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 11, 2015, 22:03 Creston

Dear God almighty, talk about a bunch of clueless fucking asstards that run our intelligence agencies.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
18. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 10, 2015, 21:42 Creston

ZeroPike1 wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 16:56:
Dunno how the modding scene will be for this. If you recall NV and even fallout 3 some of the more extensive mods required the script extender to work around the limits of the Game 'Bryo' engine. Maybe this new Fallout will not need something like that. If it does need need it you can count on console work around's to be harder to come by I think. So the Mod's might be limited in that respect.

I'd imagine Bethesda would just release the script extender with the mods, or even release a script extender themselves.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
17. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 10, 2015, 21:39 Creston

Not really a surprise, but sweet anyway.

News Comments > The Witcher III Cost $81M
31. Re: The Witcher III Cost $81M Sep 10, 2015, 12:24 Creston

Awesome, I'm very happy for them. It's a fantastic game and deserves all the moneys.

Only thing I wonder is if the sale of the season pass is included in that number? If so, that means they'd have a fairly significant chunk of expense still to come in having to make that 30 hour expansion which would cut into that number.

In any case, congrats CDPR!

spoiler alert: Anyone else get kinda blindsided by "Three is company?" While I was aware of the whole "you're dating/banging two sorceresses at the same time" thing, which I felt was justified in that Geralt imo really DOES love both of them due to the rather unusual circumstances surrounding it, I at least kind of figured they'd talk it out as adult human beings when push came to shove. To just have both of them prank you, dump you, and consider you a piece of shit for the rest of the game seemed rather weird.

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2015, 11:57 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 11:31:
They could have infiltrated Windows Update through the radio waves and be delivering dark packets to your system!

DARK PACKETS!

*whips out dark packet scanner*

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 8, 2015, 22:48 Creston

What a fucking moron. Yes, people would be overwhelmed by the 'complexity' of the offline choice and stop their binge-viewing sessions.

Even if that fucking fairy tale was true, think about it for a second, Hunt: PEOPLE WHO DO NOT BINGE VIEW ANYTHING ARE YOUR BEST CUSTOMERS. So if this really was the reason, you'd be an absolute idiot for NOT taking advantage of that to the fullest.

Please fire this assclown, Netflix, because whatever he's making, it's WAY too much.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 17:46 Creston

"Our launch problems were completely preventable, so we'll just repeat all of them for our next console. Maybe then we can ram it down your throats."

News Comments > Laborious Metaverse
7. Re: Laborious Metaverse Sep 7, 2015, 19:52 Creston

Smart move by Google. It will make people

A) Watch Youtube less
B) Not use Chrome

Both of which lead to... I dunno, profit, I guess? For them?

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
11. Re: Into the Black Sep 7, 2015, 11:10 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 23:22:
Barry, do we want to play an Archer game? Yes we do Other Barry, yes we do.

Hehehehe.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 7, 2015, 11:09 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 22:35:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 21:19:

Also, holy shit, can you imagine an Alpha Protocol game set in the world of Archer? PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

The correct term is "Holy shitsnacks!"

The term we would all use if this ever got announced would be "Sploosh!"

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut
13. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut Sep 6, 2015, 21:32 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 19:34:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 12:13:
I'd like to multiplay with Laura

Who's Laura?

Heh. That made me think of the Mexican revolutionary in Red Dead Redemption who keeps calling his beloved "Laura."

26566 Comments. 1329 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo