Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25339 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Galaxy Quest TV series Apr 22, 2015, 14:58 Creston

Never give up! Never Surrender!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dances with Witchers
3. Re: Dances with Witchers Apr 21, 2015, 21:52 Creston

He got promoted!  

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
27. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 13:55 Creston

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 11:12:
I think that many of us have a password that we use for all of our throw-away accounts. I was referring to accounts that this person would not want someone else to get into. Would you use the same credentials on you email, bank, paypal, credit cards, and Steam accounts? That's what I'm talking about. At the very least, the email account that the other accounts are linked to should have a unique and complex password.

No, I agree, that would be beyond stupid. If someone has the same password on his bank account as they do on their Rockstar Social Club account, I don't even know what to tell that person, other than "Please never, ever touch a computer again."

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2015, 12:31 Creston

Good points, NKD.

I think one of the easiest ways to combat this would be to ban anonymous calls to law enforcement. Anyone with a legitimate reason to call the police isn't going to want to do so anonymously. If you need the cops to show up at your house, you're not going to stay anonymous.

At the same time, police should stop acting on anonymous internet phone calls. If you genuinely only have an anonymized internet phone as your only way of calling, then call the police beforehand to let that number be known, so they know it's legit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2015, 10:32 Creston

They may not be faster than old SATA drives for desktop users, but they're very likely quite a bit easier to install, and (hopefully) not needing two extra cables would be worth it alone.

News Comments > Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen
9. Re: Rockstar Social Club Accounts Stolen Apr 21, 2015, 10:29 Creston

Frags4Fun wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 09:37:
I never understood why anyone would use the same username and password for all their accounts.

I do it for websites where I really don't care if my account gets hijacked. In recent job searches, I've probably signed up for 40 or 50 new websites, most of them just one-off deals. I can't be arsed to come up with new username/password combos for all of them.

(Yes, I should use LastPass or something. )

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 12:42 Creston

Dacron wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 11:31:
Serious question.

5 (7?! Been so long I forget...) years ago, after hard use, the capacitors on my GeForce 7800gt 256mb blew up. All of them at the same time. Card went dead.

If I am pushing 98% GPU load on GTA 5 (still low 70's for temps tho, safe ram / cpu usage), do I risk this with my 660ti?

I doubt it. Cards are designed to run at 100% and not blow up, so you may have unfortunately had a terribly bad card (in which case it likely would have blown up had you run it at 70% or so too.)

As long as your cooling is good, you should be fine. Make sure to run something like PrecisionX to monitor and increase the fan RPM if necessary though.

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
2. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 18, 2015, 16:56 Creston

NKD wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 14:36:
It's hard to say, but I'm getting the impression that you're actually flying the ship this time? They say you go from flying the ship to landing on planets etc without loading screens and that the solar systems and stuff are seamlessly connected.

Hope some of this stuff is true.

I'd need towels to wipe away the drool if that was true...

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2015, 02:02 Creston

I wonder if maybe they just forgot to switch some of the textures out or something. Or they just didn't have the time to redo all of them.

I've seen some benchmarks on a stock i5-2500, and it got about 10 fewer FPS than the high end i7s with a Titan X. (85ish versus 75ish.)

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
26. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 18, 2015, 02:00 Creston

harlock wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:35:
apparently you are supposed to do endless paths as a side quest during the game, but not all at once

I've been spreading them out. I really like the dungeon, and I don't want to finish it too quickly.

because the first 5 floors are pretty easy, even at level 4-6ish.. it gets a little more tough below that, but not too bad until after 10th floor

That Fampyr was pretty nuts. Motherfucker JUST.WOULD.NOT.DIE. And I'm sorry, I specifically get the "Drain someone's DR" power for fuckers like him, and then it's constantly "miss" "miss" "miss".

*%&#*%&#)*&$)*$&)$*&$

got all the bounties except the ogre chief, that shit is fucking hard yo

Those bounties are insane. Why are these criminals more powerful than ancient evils/great dragons etc?

News Comments > Into the Black
44. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 17:22 Creston

@Orogogus:

The Imperials don't know that the smugglers are jumping out. YOU know that, as the reader, but the Imperials don't. They also have no clue how big this force that's grabbing the CG array is, or that that's all they're doing. All they see is they have two full sector fleets to deal with, and suddenly there's shit happening at the shipyards by some unknown force, and now they have to either split up their forces, or move to the shipyards and for all they know be caught in a crucible between two hostile forces.

I think Pellaeon also had it in the back of his mind that when the Emperor died at Endor, the Imperial Fleet went completely to shit, and he doesn't want to repeat that there.

But that said, it wasn't a terrific ending.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2015, 17:17 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 13:44:
Dacron wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:37:
It certainly runs good for how it looks.

Keep in mind guys, the game originally ran on systems with combined system and video memory of 512 meg. That's fucking astounding...

I'm still flabbergasted how good it looked on the PS3, or that you could be flying 3 miles up in the sky over mount Chilliad, see a light in Los Santos, fly towards it, and that self-same light would continue to grow and grow and grow until it turned into an actual car's headlights. That just dropped my jaw. On a ten year old machine.

Wish I could play the PC version. Sigh

17. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 17:15 Creston

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:02:
Man, what on earth did you do? I'm almost at Twin Elms and I just made level 9...

Aside from doing all quests/tasks I came upon (and I'm sure I didn't find them all), the Warden Bounties give a metric fuckton of XP.

Ah, okay. I tried one of those at level 5, got my ass handed to me in a truly epic fashion, and haven't gone back to them since.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 17:13 Creston

I want this to be good, but it'll likely take at least a year after release before it's considered properly playable...

11. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 13:45 Creston

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:45:
I *really* dislike hitting a level cap before I finish a game, and I hit it before even entering Twin Elms. I just lose all motivation to do stuff when I don't see my party improve as a result.

Man, what on earth did you do? I'm almost at Twin Elms and I just made level 9...

I haven't completed the endless paths yet, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Even so, my party seems pretty powerful, even considering that I'm using shitty NPCs. (I'm letting the ranger tag along because I love her fox, and I just absorb the fact that she's a shitty fighter.) The only decent NPC seems to be Eder, who now has 105 defense, a flail that restores his endurance and armor that gives him DR of 20/19 and 18 versus pierce, slash and crash. I think he once went below 50% endurance when I had him tank one of the three great dragons by himself while I mopped up the xaurips with the rest first.

I can't even imagine how overpowered it gets if you just custom build 6 NPCs yourself.

37. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 13:21 Creston

cool article on how they built the new droid.

@Orogogus: (secret text) the battle was already going poorly for the Imperials as they didn't count on all the smugglers being there. Pellaeon actually states that with Admiral Thrawn they could have still pulled out a victory, but without him he thinks it's pointless to stay and fight a war of attrition which would skew in the New Republic's favor.

It's probably also a bit of hero worship, as he thinks that without Thrawn they just don't have a chance.

It was a bit of an anti-climactic ending.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 13:15 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:40:
Eventually Michael's son starts using his bicycle a lot more, and I can't count the number of times I've roared out of the driveway and hit him with the car (fucker jumps out there!). Michael, understandably, freaks out.

I think I've always reloaded the game, and never kept playing to see if he stays dead (I doubt it).

He doesn't. Trust me. I've left an entire avenue of blood smears from the little fucker's head with my rear tires. He was alive and well again the next day.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2015, 13:14 Creston

You know what, I agree.

*pops in Apollo 13*

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2
5. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Apr 17, 2015, 13:12 Creston

Congrats, cliffski!

33. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 11:20 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 08:26:
]And finally, the expanded universe is now dead, until there is new books based on the movies. There is no Academy, no Anakin, Ben, Jacen and Jaina, no Mara Jade, no Talon Kardde.

The EU is actually alive and well. Disney didn't kill it, they've just said that it's not canon. The EU has even been rebooted, presumably to be able to take advantage of where the new movies go.

25339 Comments. 1267 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo