Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24793 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
18. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 15:34 Creston

Desalus wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 15:15:
I am glad to see that they will be offering Windows 10 for free. I really hope you can download a full copy instead of an upgrade to make fresh installs easier.

Knowing MS, that will be a big fat no...

(Which sucks, since my Win 7 copies are also upgrades... ARGH.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2015, 15:06 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:33:
Off topic:

I updated to Windows 8.1...

Well, there's your problem.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2015, 15:05 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 10:44:
Looks like seagate is going the way of shit again. They were like that in the 90's when they were on the verge of going bankrupt. Later just after the dotcom crash as well, when they gutted their warranties to a year. Though I'm pretty sure their financial forecasts have them doing pretty good now, it looks like it's a way to turn a larger profit.

Just had another 2TB Barracuda die on me at work.

10. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 14:59 Creston

I went and did something else when they started talking about gaming, since we all know (or everyone SHOULD know) that gaming is dead on PC as far as MS is concerned anyway.

I thought the Holo Lens was actually pretty cool.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Going F2P in March Jan 21, 2015, 14:56 Creston

Wolfox wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 12:07:
It doesn't seem F2P, but a Buy-to-play model similar to Guild Wars 2, from what I've read. But I guess we'll know for sure in March.

Technically it's not F2P, no, as you still need to buy the client.

As long as they don't go the full-on retard way of SW:TOR, I figure they'll make more money out of it this way than with the few people who bothered subscribing to it.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Dropping Subscriptions in March Jan 21, 2015, 14:54 Creston

Yeah, nobody saw that coming. And it's still not released on consoles.

Great job all around, Bethesda. This was definitely a worthy entry in the Elder Scrolls series. Rolleyes

8. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 21, 2015, 14:44 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:16:
Free upgrade means you can upgrade to 10 for a year and it will cost money after or does it mean after the 1 year up you have to pay in order to keep using 10?

Also Microsoft mentioning Windows 10 as a service somehow doesn't give me all the warm and fuzzy feeling about the future of the OS.

I think they mean that if you have a valid windows key, you can get a valid windows 10 key for free during the first year. I don't think it means that after a year you've gotta pay up. If they did that, the fallout would turn Redmond into Wasteland 3.

As for it being a service, I imagine that's more of an enterprise thing. Home users are not going to switch to a SaaS model in any great kind of numbers (though apparently Office365 is doing decent home user business)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Windows 10 to be free for 7 & 8 users Jan 21, 2015, 13:46 Creston

For the first year. That's actually pretty fucking incredible.

FREE.

Wow. It's rare that MS impresses me, but that's just really impressive.

Edit: Verno beat me to it.

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
38. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 21, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 02:22:
Tumbler wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:55:
Woohoo! Never played Xwing Alliance, always heard it was great.

In terms of graphics, features, and story, its even better than Tie Fighter. It's one weakness, in my opinion, is that the difficulty can get quite extreme. X-Wing and Tie Fighter, both generally regarded as games of above average difficulty, have nothing on Alliance. If you can tolerate repeating some missions a dozen times before you finally get it right, you're in for a real treat. And if you can't tolerate that, the game gives you 3 mission skips over the course of the campaign.

Huh, I always thought Alliance was quite a bit easier than X-wing and Tie. The smuggler missions especially, since the turret on your freighter is ultra death to just about everything, and like you said, you can skip three of the Rebel missions, and there are only one or two hard ones.

Compared to some of the shit they made me do in Tie, especially... ("WE MUST PROTECT THE EMPEROR! GO DOGFIGHT THOSE TIE DEFENDERS WITH THIS TIE BOMBER!" )

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
37. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 21, 2015, 11:31 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 17:50:
And then there's the possibility, of course, that BioWare is also working on something other than SWTOR expansions. With DAI and the new ME game, they probably have enough Frostbite experience and tools by now that they could crank out a new Star Wars RPG quite easily.

Don't tease me.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 11:29 Creston

Fallout vs Skyrim is hilarious.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2015, 11:21 Creston

- Unemployed
- Father of two
- Going to jail soon
- Still buys ticket for NFC title game (estimated cost of his ticket: $700-$1000)
- Still plans to go to Superbowl (Estimated cost of his ticket: probably more?)
- Refuses to sell $20K ball to help provide for his family

In short, congratulations, jackass, on being a giant fucking piece of shit.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 21, 2015, 00:17 Creston

Saw that on Jalopnik earlier.

"That part isn't supposed to come off, right?"

No, you dumb fuck. The metal braces aren't supposed to SHEAR OFF. You're also not supposed to "tow" at 25 mph going backwards. Idiot.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
9. The Fourth Amendment? Jan 21, 2015, 00:13 Creston

"FUCK THE FOURTH AMENDMENT!" said an FBI spokesperson.

It would also allow nonspecific search warrants where computers have been intentionally damaged (such as through botnets, but also through common malware and viruses)

Not mentioned: Malware THAT THEY FUCKING INSTALL ON YOUR SYSTEM THEMSELVES. Ie, the "get out of those irritating warrants" card.

Unbefuckinglievable.

News Comments > Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released
15. Re: Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released Jan 21, 2015, 00:11 Creston

According to reviews, this is nothing but side missions. There are no main missions.

You just do side missions until you've caused enough Chaos, and then the final boss gets unlocked.

... yay?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 17:05 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:44:
Boss battles are almost never fun. I hate just having to sit and grind away. Same reason I never got into raiding in MMOs. It's boring as hell. It's like the dragons in DAI. They're pretty cool, but ultimately it just results in a long drawn out grind of a battle.

Oh, the DAI dragons go down pretty quickly if you've got a well-specced (read: Well-equipped with crafted stuff) party. I took down the Ravager in ~ 40 seconds or so with Thousands Cuts, and about 4 minutes without it. That's a fun battle.

The 30 minute slogs where you can barely see the enemy's health bar move are what piss me off.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences
20. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisitions Patch to Fix Awkward Silences Jan 20, 2015, 16:16 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 13:05:
Probably all we need to know, we have better communications amongst ourselves...

From the Creative Director of DA:

So in Laidlaws tweet about the walk toggle he responds to someone asking why anyone needs to walk "Mike Laidlaw @Mike_Laidlaw
1h1 hour ago

Player preference. It was widely requested, so we threw a few people at implementing and testing it."

But I feel like ive seen fixing pc controls, fixing tac cam, and click to move / attack have been wayyy more requested??? not to mention you can still play the game without walk toggle and it would be fine, its just an immersion thing, but the other things are kind of crucial to enjoying the game. Could be walk toggle was easier to implement..

I mean if he doesn't know what's going on and being changed, then fuck no chance. Accept as-is imo at this point.

On the one hand I'd say that they're probably not going to do shit anymore to the PC version, since their whole "it's a PC game made by PC gamers" was just more Mike Laidlaw Bullshit, but on the flipside, if they really didn't give a shit they wouldn't have bothered implementing the walk toggle either.

(Though the excuses they kept giving for not having a walk toggle were bullshit, since there is a mission in the game where the game FORCES you to walk, so the toggle to do a walk state obviously already existed, and all that was needed was to make it toggle'able everywhere.)

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 16:09 Creston

Anyone have any good recommendations for free image/backup software that works on Win7?

My previously bought copy (fell off the truck, sshhh) has given up, so now I need something new, preferably for zero dollas.

News Comments > Into the Black
25. Re: Into the Black Jan 20, 2015, 12:33 Creston

Yeah I've tried multiple times. Not really an earthshaking issue.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 12:16 Creston

Zor wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 11:21:
because, EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIONS! *wicked air guitar*

I love Torque.

That said, the badassasaurus was just a stupid, stupid battle. No cover to hide behind, the thing zaps your health in roughly half a second with its megadeathlaserbreath thing, like everything in Borderlands it has 987 trillion health. Ugh.

I wonder when devs began to think that "let's make players slog against this thing for 45 minutes!" was actually fucking fun. Because I'd like to travel back in time to that exact moment and kick those fuckers in the balls.

I finally wound up beating the PoS boss by cheesing him from outside the arena. Took like 30 minutes too. Such fun...

24793 Comments. 1240 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo