Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24481 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 11:46 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:16:
Since Blue already mentioned it, I just wanted to say how the gas price in my country dropped all of 2% with the recent 30+% drops in crude. So as bad as you guys feel you have it in the States, you still got it pretty good compared to most of the rest of the world...

Its both a feel good/feel shit story! Depending on one's outlook

You're in Europe somewhere, IIRC, right? Most of your gas price is tax that goes straight to the government, so that's why it doesn't drop as much when the price of oil goes down.

On the flipside, once the US and OPEC and the rest of the world have bankrupted Russia with their oil and gas shenanigans, I fully expect oil to shoot up to ~7500$ a barrel, and then our price for gas will go to 187 bucks for a gallon, and yours will go up by maybe a Euro.

So it's definitely a glass half full of shit on both sides.

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:15:
Even now, gas finally broke less than a buck a liter here - currently the cheapest at Costco at 94.4 cents - and while that's super and all, fact is we're still getting screwed on the price. It should really be about 35 cents a liter.

I'll do you one better than that. Last week Oklahoma City was the first to go under 2 bucks a gallon here. In Tulsa though, 100 miles down the road? Yeah, it was still $2.49 at the time, because Quicktrip are a bunch of fucking cuntass bastards.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 11:44 Creston

Holy shit, that was you who was the cause of gas dropping by a dollar??

Quick, everyone, let's get a kickstarter going to get Blue a Tesla Model S! Gas will drop to 4 cents a gallon if we do that!!

News Comments > EA/gamigo Deal
6. Re: EA/gamigo Deal Dec 11, 2014, 11:41 Creston

InBlack wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:56:
I dont hate Origins. I just hate that its an exclusive EA store/drm platform in one package. If Origins had a wider choice of overlapping games from different publishers I would even consider it as an alternative to Steam. Since this is EA we are talking about: NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

You know they sell more than just EA games on Origin, right?

I dont like EA's business practices, I dislike what they are doing to PC gaming in the grand scheme of things, and all of this is apparent in their marketing and in their game design. Origin is a small and vital part of that and Im not gonna support it if I can help it.

Eh, that's fair enough.

As for this deal, I'm not sure which 'highly-attractive' title gamigo is referring to here, as all three seem pretty poop.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 11, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Smart that they're NOT making a MOBA, but it's quite hilarious to see how every single dev studio is trying to jump onto the MOBA bandwagon, YEARS after LoL and Dota2 already have that market completely sewn up.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 11, 2014, 11:34 Creston

Trying to kickstart a game that's also going to go onto consoles is generally not a smart idea. PC players will gladly pay for PC GAMES. By admitting you're putting it on a console, likely means the experience will be gimped for the console, and just the thought of that will keep most PC gamers' wallets tightly closed.

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
21. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 11:31 Creston

Umbragen wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:58:
So I login, this game has nothing to do with Tamriel or any of the rest of it. I feel cheated.

God, don't start that again.

I'm amazed this is still in existence. We've heard literally nothing about it in months. I thought it had quietly gone the way of the dodo when MS threw 2.5 billion at Minecraft, since I doubt MS even knew Mojang had another game.

News Comments > The Crew Stats Issue
5. Re: The Crew Stats Issue Dec 11, 2014, 11:22 Creston

I know a few guys here are playing it and enjoying it. Jivaro was one, maybe? (if not, I apologize, Jivaro!)

Typical Ubisoft launch issues aside (they apparently have nobody there who understands what a server is, or how to keep one running), it always looked interesting enough to me that I'd have bought it, but the relentless slew of reports that the driving / handling is plain terrible have completely turned me off of it.

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
131. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 18:28 Creston

Shame. Thanks for the info, guys.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
98. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 18:22 Creston

Very strange. The patch basically forced the Shaders to go from Ultra (what they were always set to) to Low as per the sync bug between shaders and mesh. I can't imagine how that wouldn't show up, but eh, maybe in your case the bug magically DIDN'T break stuff.
Otoh, maybe because your post-process was already set to low, and the patch set the shaders to low, the difference was not quite so pronounced.

I agree that it's to be expected that stuff will fail, but this was something so easy to spot... I mean, if a single dude at Bioware had put this patch on a PC and played it for 5 minutes, they'd have noticed it. It is essentially impossible to not notice. I guess they never even tested anything beyond low settings. (made more likely by the fact that everyone was forced to Ultra shaders, no matter their settings, before patch 2.)

In any case, they're fixing it, so it's not a huge deal, and MAYBE they'll do some actual testing on the next patch.

Edit: The hotfix for patch 2 is now live.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 22:07.

96. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:59 Creston

Also, Nvidia just dropped a hotfix driver:

95. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:54 Creston

Bioware's given sort of an ETA for the hotfix:

Later on today we'll be implementing a hotfix for Patch 2 on PC to address graphical issues our players have been experiencing. This fix will ensure that the graphics settings are working correctly for everyone; however, players who are using lower graphics settings will notice changes to the visuals they are used to.

Before Patch 2, released December 9, shader quality for all PC users was being forced to run at Ultra. This impacted the performance of low-end machines and caused some unintended visual artifacts for users whose mesh quality was set lower than Ultra. As a result, users with Low or Medium mesh settings saw hair that was shinier than expected.

We attempted to address this in Patch 2 by binding the two settings so that mesh and shader quality were always the same. However, this fix wasn't properly implemented, and it forced shader quality to Low. We provided a command-line workaround Tuesday, but that still required players to ensure that the new shader quality matched their mesh settings.

This hotfix will correctly bind the mesh and shader settings and eliminate this issue. However, now that shader quality is being set correctly for everyone, players using lower settings will notice a decrease in the quality of visuals. This includes the removal of some features such as scars and freckles.

Most notably, the lower settings do not support blending of the age layer, so some users may notice that their Inquisitor (or custom Hawke) has aged considerably. And while this change is how it was originally intended to work, it could be understandably frustrating for people who created their characters before Patch 2.

If you would like to correct this change, you can set your mesh quality to High or Ultra. This will enable features that are disabled on lower settings, but may impact your framerate and performance.

We're sorry for any stress or confusion this may have caused, and we thank the community for helping us quickly identify and address this issue.

Courtesy of Conal Pierse

94. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:39 Creston

OpticNerve wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 16:32:
My characters still look the same with non-plastic-shiny hair and I haven't run into any big issues.

That seems odd, since there is definitely a config mismatch going on, as confirmed by Bioware. What settings were you playing at before patch (and after?)

That and the weird Origin DRM thing seem to be the only major issues. Most of the freezing/crashing etc stuff seems very hit and miss, so I imagine it's more people's PCs causing those issues.

I have now seen multiple reports saying that Varric and Solas keep repeating the same banter over and over and over again. (though that happened to me between Varric and Dorian pre-patch too.)

28. Harvard Professor Dec 10, 2014, 16:37 Creston

Holy shit, what a fucking tool. Over four fucking dollars.

I mean, I'd have complained too, but after they offer to give you the four bucks back, what more do you want?

Even completely useless and "we have nothing to do anyway" city officials would go "What the fuck is this dude whining about? Four fucking dollars??"

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 16:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:23:
Oh, 10,000 comments. Guess I'm a loudmouth.

Damn, I think you got there faster than anyone before. You may even have beaten nin!

Grats, Ninja!

(Pfeh, Ninjas! )

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
125. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 10, 2014, 16:25 Creston

Out of curiosity, can you own multiple ships in E:D? And if you do, can you control the ones you're not flying remotely? (basically like in X, for those of you who've played it.)

91. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 16:17 Creston

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 16:03:
Have they said at all when to expect the next patch? I suppose after this mess it will be a good while and that's not a bad thing.

So far I haven't seen a peep out of Bioware on their forums. Which is good, hopefully it means they're trying to fix all this bullshit.

I'm nearly at the end of my first playthrough, probably a few hours left, after which I'm going to put it away for a few months. I'll play again in February when hopefully they've at least fixed some of this stuff.

There's no point in playing and hoping for the next patch to fix shit if their patches aren't tested on PC at all, and breaks shit for 100% of all people, then you have to wait for hotfixes etc.

Great game, again poor implementation on the PC, amazing graphics options notwithstanding.

89. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:57 Creston

It's still a great game, their pisspoor patch and stupid DRM debacle of the last 24 hours notwithstanding. It's not perfect, but it's a lot of fun. I just watched a video of a poor guy who after the patch is getting 10 second freezes every 2 seconds, and the "before" part was of him playing a stealth archer in a way that just dropped my jaw. He never even got hit. He was running and dancing and stealthing all over the place, and it honestly looked fun as hell. It looked so much fun that I may just play an archer next, rather than a Qunari Reaver.

Edit: Video here. five posts down.

The UI is bad, but it doesn't keep you from playing. It could just be a lot smoother. The fact I can't just extend my hotkey bar across the bottom of my screen like I could in DA:O and DA2 is baffling.

I'm a mage, and I have 8 slots for spells... And one of those HAS to be a Focus spell, otherwise Focus won't actually build. (took me awhile to figure that one out.) And as the Inquisitor, you have two Focus spells... And I need one for the Spectral Blade, so that leaves me with a grand total of FIVE (count 'em!) slots for mage spells from five different schools.

The most annoying thing is really the looting, though. (well, and the inventory.) Going into a room and seeing 8 things to loot, and having to walk over manually to the first one, click F, click space to loot all, walk over to the next one, click F, click space, walk over... sigh.

In DA:O "right click, right click, right click. Done."

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 16:18.

87. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:46 Creston

nin wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:42:
Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:37:
Here's evidence. 5th post down. There had been several screenshots before that one too, and more verbal acknowledgements of the issue. Seems to happen to all language versions too.

(I did say that it happened to "all" people, which I don't actually know for sure, my bad.)

"GUISE WHY U HAET ORIGIN?"

Hehe. And Origin support is saying "Yeah, that's Bioware's problem. Talk to them."

85. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Verno wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:21:
Haha why do they keep doing stupid shit like this? They said it was a one time activation pre-release. That's really unacceptable to pull that shit now especially considering they are actively interfering with people playing the game.

Yeah, I dunno. I don't get it either.

Here's evidence. 5th post down. There had been several screenshots before that one too, and more verbal acknowledgements of the issue. Seems to happen to all language versions too.

(I did say that it happened to "all" people, which I don't actually know for sure, my bad.)

One page on, halfway in the middle, someone posts a screenshot of the Origin log which basically goes

License Request Server HTTP response code = 404
License Request Server response state code = 4

and it repeats like 4 times before just going "404 error encountered obtaining license."

Again, these were all people who had already been playing. They got this since applying the patch.

Sigh

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 15:45.

84. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 15:31 Creston

Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 15:20:
The sad thing is that you'll probably get away with this. Somehow.

Well, here's something for you to consider: The reason I put you on ignore to begin with was that you personally attacked me out of the blue in an argument. And that gets you put on the shitlist.

You got away with that, so yeah, I'll get away with this. Quid Pro Quo.

Since I'm tired of this, I'm going back to ignoring you. Do the smart thing, ignore me too, and stop your pathetic snipes on people you know full well are ignoring you. (Which isn't just me, it's several people you do that to.) I've actually already called you out on that exact bullshit before, but apparently you can't help yourself.

24481 Comments. 1225 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo