Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22990 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders
12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 14:25 Creston

PHJF wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:53:
So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay.

So Crysis 2?

That's actually... fairly accurate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:50 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:25:
Creston wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:00:
Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear

So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay. And the finite number of enemies.

Ghosts didn't have infinite spawns. I'm not expecting this one will.

It didn't? OMG Innovation!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 3, 2014, 12:05 Creston

Improve voice recognition? But all the Xbone sheep fanboys are bleating that voice recognition is already marvelous and that Kinect is the most perfect thing ever created...  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews May 3, 2014, 12:03 Creston

shihonage wrote on May 3, 2014, 00:13:
Yes, having taste is a gift and a curse.

It still makes your asshole stink, though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2014, 12:02 Creston

Maybe I can start a new trend of burgers for breakfast?

Fuck and yes.

Beautiful weather here too, and I've already grilled about a dozen times this year. Mmmmmm grill.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 3, 2014, 12:01 Creston

Yeah I doubt Samsung is that worried about $120M.  

2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:00 Creston

Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear

So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay. And the finite number of enemies.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 2, 2014, 22:43 Creston

Is Steam down, fellas?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2014, 22:35 Creston

Panickd wrote on May 2, 2014, 22:34:
Seems somewhat strange. How hard could it have been to have weird ass playing cards printed up?

And what, exactly, will this end up costing the Washington taxpayer? More than the $25,000 that was taken? Oh yes, it's an election year. Silly me. I thought this was about the consumers getting fleeced.

You're so naive, it's adorable.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2014, 22:34 Creston

“This lawsuit sends a clear message to people seeking the public’s money: Washington state will not tolerate crowdfunding theft

Good on ya, Washington. It seems these guys literally just took the money and ran.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
19. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 2, 2014, 22:31 Creston

I actually thought UT got worse when they tried to become Quake 3. The original UT though, now THAT was a fucking awesome game.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November
59. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 17:06 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 2, 2014, 16:04:
This is a pretty cool trailer. I would say this is a major effort to iterate the franchise. It's definitely not just a cash grab. Both the engine upgrade and the gameplay changes introduced with all the futuristic technology have seen to that.

You get all that from one 2 minute trailer? Their marketing department loves you.

45. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 15:06 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:56:
Does nobody ever wonder why we don't have such charismatic speakers in the real world?

What? For all his faults, Obama is a terrific speaker.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2014, 15:05 Creston

Congressmen whose palms get greased vote against it. Nothing happens.

43. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:55 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:46:
Sadly Creston a lot of people doesn't care about that stuff. For one thing they buy these games for the MP. How else do you think Act. can make record profits on DLC map packs?
I personally have zero interest in SP when it comes to CoD. Same thing I can say about BF games.
What they should do is make the SP and MP 2 separate games and let people buy them separately. $39.99 for SP or MP only or $60 for both.

That's exactly what I said, actually.

I can't imagine that there are that many people who buy CoD for their SP campaigns, it's MP only, but if they go MP only then Activision has a hard time justifying a $60 price tag. And the campaign really doesn't cost that much to make. It's just a pure profit motivator, really.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 14:51 Creston

Verno wrote on May 2, 2014, 11:28:
If you are associated with a public brand then you should really be smart enough to understand that your comments might reflect on it.

Adam Orth's jaw just hit the floor in utter confusion.

Anyway, while Sterling is a miserable racist and a piece of shit, and this isn't the first time he's come up against sanctions for his racism (he had to settle a lawsuit in... 2009 or so, I believe, because he refused to let black people and hispanics rent his apartments. Several million dollar settlement), and he really was due to be taken to task for them, I don't agree that if you say something in the privacy of your own home, someone should then be able to tape it, release it to the public, and you're being held accountible for it.

What's the difference between that and the NSA watching you jerk off in front of your Kinect?

Again, I have zero pity or respect for Donald Sterling, but I dunno, the man was in his own home. I say and think some bad, bad shit in my own home too.

Of course, I'd also not be dumb enough to put that on a twitter account as the representative voice of the people I work for.

41. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:42 Creston

Parias wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:18:
Creston wrote on May 2, 2014, 14:11:
The last thing Bobby wants to do is come down that $60 price tag, so they keep including a SP campaign few people want or even care about.

Is that really true? I never even bother much with the multiplayer modes in CoD and only really play it for all the scripted craziness in the singleplayer campaigns as I've never been much into competitive gaming. I actually had a lot of fun with CoD1/2's singleplayer.

Why do people dislike the singleplayer modes that much? I didn't realize this was apparently a majority thing.

Not 100% true, obviously, but are there really that many people who plunk down 60 bucks for an uninspired, single-corridor, loud, bombastic single player campaign that lasts five hours and features infinitely spawning enemies until you cross their "stop spawning" script point?

I can't remember which of the CoDs it was, but it features a first level where 3 guys shoot up some Cuban camp, and a guy posted a video of him getting through the entire level without ever firing a shot, and where, when they get into the get-away car and the player is supposedly the driver, he never does anything and yet the car escapes anyway.

That isn't a game anymore, that's a glorified cutscene.

Hey, if there really are droves of people who pay 60 bucks for that, I'll gladly say I was wrong, but then I do have to ask "What the fuck is wrong with you people??"

33. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 14:11 Creston

Necrophob wrote on May 2, 2014, 13:52:
I wonder when Activision realizes their market doesn't give a shit about single player, and they stop wasting time on the 4 hour cinematic mode (oh, you mean it's interactive?).

They'd have a much harder time justifying the $60 price tag if they only did MP, because then the "it's just the same as last year" argument can't be refuted just by pointing at the 5 hour SP campaign, as they always so happily do now.

And let's be honest, the SP campaign costs them probably 15-20 million bucks to make, so it's not that much money in the grand scheme of Call of Duty's revenue.

The last thing Bobby wants to do is come down that $60 price tag, so they keep including a SP campaign few people want or even care about.

19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:32 Creston

InBlack wrote on May 2, 2014, 10:17:
Why did they render his likeness? Doesnt that cost like millions compared to you know actually filming him??

With stuff like this, don't they just film the guy and then sort of turn convert it into a game-looking render? I think that's the way that LA Noire did it.

Anyway, it's a nice trailer, and it is sorta cool to see them tackling at least somewhat futuristic ideas now. So for the next 8 CoDs, it'll be "futuristic warfare", after which the whole thing will reset to Ancient Rome.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in November May 2, 2014, 11:22 Creston

Flak wrote on May 2, 2014, 08:45:
Titanfall meets Elysium meets angry, 14-year old microphone spamming bigots...And it'll break all of the gaming sales records, hooray!

I don't think they can lay claim to that anymore. Ghosts didn't break nothing.

22990 Comments. 1150 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo