Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23751 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 14:28 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 13:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:47:

I've downloaded about 1.5TB of games (at work ) over the past few months. Every time I get a new game, I make a copy onto my Steam archive drive.

Your IT team must love you. Unless you are the IT team...

*wink*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 11:59 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:28:
1badmf wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:08:
forgive my cinematic neanderthalism (i'm assuming it's from a movie), but what's that from?!? i really hate not getting a joke, especially an apparently good one.

Don't feel bad. I'm a total ARCHER fan, have seen every epi TWICE, and I still didn't get it. Although, that probably says more about me...

If you don't get the "That's how you get ants" joke, you're not an Archer fan.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 11:47 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 09:08:
I just cringe at the thought of trying to get everything...I have a 300 gig cap a month, and would blow through that in no time. Hell, Dragon Age is like 25 gig on it's own, and there's a few other titles people have said are bigger.

That's why you need to do it piecemeal, and do it over time, like I have. I've downloaded about 1.5TB of games (at work ) over the past few months. Every time I get a new game, I make a copy onto my Steam archive drive.

Edit: completely fucked up the quote. Fixed.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2014, 14:30.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Collector's Editions; Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Collector's Editions; Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 11:44 Creston

It looks very, very purdy. Too bad it'll likely be the same five hour "sneeze-through-in-an-afternoon" campaign again.

Also, why does attacking nuclear reactors cripple the government and the military? Were they all sitting IN said nuclear reactor or something?

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Jul 30, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Great update for ETS. Traffic is a bit better in places, though still the same in others (they'll still mindlessly side-swipe you, for instance), being able to "adjust the seat" (Aka, the '1' camera) is awesome, lots more cargoes, some more cars, more cities.

It's all gravy. And they're still working on a completely new renderer which from what I've seen so far is just stunningly gorgeous.

As a thanks for giving us updates like these for free, I bought some paint job DLCs.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
12. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 11:29 Creston

Theo wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 11:23:
Actually kinda true kinda not... in that if you chose to stay in super cruiser (light speed without a jump), you could point at a star leave your computer for a few years and it would get there....(the tech in super-cruise allows for that, even if real life game time wouldn't).

Oh, it would? Then I stand corrected.

I figured it'd just be the standard "you'd keep moving indefinitely as the game just conjures up empty space around you, but you'll never actually get there" box that space games use.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 11:20 Creston

peteham wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 09:32:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 23:34:
Curious to see how useful the tactical mode will be. No doubt the normal difficulty setting will be balanced for the action-oriented approach but will the higher difficulties be more tactical and offer compelling tactical combat scenarios? DA2 failed in the latter regard.
Yep, also with regards to encounter frequency. I distinctly remember playing DA2 on a difficulty that required pausing caused the game to drag on for far too long with the near infinite amount of recycled uninteresting monster closet encounters. Seems to me that trying to make a game both tactical and action'y at the same time will result in sub-optimal mechanics in both departments. This certainly was the case with DA2.

It doesn't have to. They just need to cut back on the frequency of encounters, but at the same time make the encounters you do get more memorable/tougher.

Previous gameplay videos do seem to bear this out, as the PC will be running through open-world (ish) areas and rarely see an encounter. In DA2, there was shit to fight every 2 steps, and every fight got four fucking waves of magical teleporting reinforcements, even though their own lore specifically prohibits teleporting.

I think Inquisition looks pretty great, though the party members seem kinda meh so far.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 11:17 Creston

Thanks for fixing the ad, Blue.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
9. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 11:14 Creston

Awesome. Glad to see it's moving along at a steady pace.

I do wonder why they keep harping so much on how "big" the game is, though, as the 38000 light year figure is basically fud. The game, currently, is 55 star systems big. Whether those are 38 km apart or 38000 light years each is a moot point, since the only way to travel between them is to activate the hyperdrive.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 01:07 Creston

I think games is actually maybe one of the strongest mediums to allow you to play old stuff, thanks to GOG, abandonware sites, etc.

Sure, if "the server" goes down, some games can't be played anymore. Hint: Don't buy those games. Tell EA to go fuck itself with that bullshit.

Most current games that are tied to things like Steam, Uplay, Origin etc could be played indefinitely with a cracked exe. (though of course the hard part is in finding one of those without a complimentary virus in it...)

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jul 29, 2014, 22:25 Creston

Listen to Polygon! Bow down now and just let EA do whatever the fuck it wants to! Do not speak out against it, do not vote with your wallet, just shut up and accept it. It's the Polygon way!

What a useless bunch of cuntcones.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Last of us secret ending Jul 29, 2014, 14:47 Creston

Seems like it would have been cool, though the current ending conveys the same idea just about as well.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Five reasons not to miss comic-con Jul 29, 2014, 14:45 Creston

1) Cute girls cosplaying
2) Cute girls cosplaying
3) Cute girls cosplaying
4) Cute girls cosplaying
5) I dunno, something with comics I guess.

1-4, however, can just as easily be enjoyed through pictures.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2014, 14:43 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:17:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:44:
Then again, British police are fucking crazy, so who knows...
Crazy in comparison to what? They're positively angelic if you compare them to the bullshit going on in the US.

It was mostly a joke, actually, as I love ribbing the brits

On the flipside, I watched a few british cop shows over the past few weeks, and the haughty moral patronizing was just astounding. Those cops genuinely seemed to believe they were some form of higher species compared to the schleps they pulled over. I thought only dutch cops were that fucking irritating, but no.

Just give people the fucking ticket already, cop, stop pretending like you're giving them a lesson that'll save their life one day because they were speeding a massive 5 mph.

(yes, yes, I know it's a cop show and shouldn't be taken as the benchmark for all british cops.)

News Comments > New GeForce WHQL Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce WHQL Drivers Jul 29, 2014, 14:39 Creston

So what do they break?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 14:14 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 12:56:
Oh, went to the dog park today with my posse......

Those are cute, cute dogs.

/deliberately ignores tiny human lifeform.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 11:56 Creston

killer_roach wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 00:31:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:00:
Sigh, George RR Martin. He's going to pull a Robert Jordan on his readers, it's pretty much a given at this point.

So does that mean we get Brandon Sanderson to salvage this series too?

Speaking of that, how did that turn out? Has he finished it yet? Anyone read it?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 29, 2014, 11:49 Creston

I actually did a double-take when I saw a copy of Hustler magazine in the airport bookstore the other day.

(And it was only partially because of what the two girls on the cover were doing to each other...)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2014, 11:44 Creston

But I'm worried police could overdo it, just because someone is involved in a minor shunt, surely it shouldn't mean they should lose their phone."

I would imagine that police just check to see if you were using it, and if they find you were not, they give it back.

Then again, British police are fucking crazy, so who knows...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. AMA about Kerbal Space Program Jul 29, 2014, 11:42 Creston

"How do I make sweet, sweet love to you for giving me such an awesome game?"

23751 Comments. 1188 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo