Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23796 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 09:58 Creston

Blatant lying in advertising has been allowed in the US for God knows how long now, so that seems just a minor infraction.

Also, "Master Splinter" Rotfl

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
1. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 09:53 Creston

Zurovec? Tony Zurovec? The guy who was the lead on Origin's Crusader games? (edit: Article actually confirms that).

Huh, I had no idea he was still working in game development. Cool

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2014, 11:00.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 19:57 Creston

Ant wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 19:28:
I see Blue's News everywhere.

Hehehehe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
16. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 15:28 Creston

90 bucks. Giggle

Fools and their money.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 3, 2014, 15:19 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:37:
DirecTV Gears Up For 4K

DirecTV is about to gear uyp for my cancel. $197.00 this month! WTF!?

Wuh? Holy shit, that's insane. I'm getting ready to cancel my account and it's "only" $105 a month...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Microsoft changing the NFL Aug 3, 2014, 15:18 Creston

They were still using faxes? Holy crap, that's a 10 billion dollar industry, and it was stuck using 1980s technology...

And this is just unbelievable: One thing that is absent from these surfaces is video. It was agreed by the NFL rule makers that video would give a competitive advantage that isn't present when viewing still photos.

What does it fucking matter when everyone uses it? Or are some of these asshole owners to fucking miserly to pay a few grand for a video stream??? Wait, don't answer that.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 3, 2014, 15:15 Creston

Slashman wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:41:
Seems like Josh has finally buckled down and increased his speed...again.

Got the feeling he may well pull off something amazing.

I dunno. Every time he says he's gonna buckle down and create content, he instead just goes and makes more tools. It's obvious he's a tools programmer, and not really a content creator. The two positions are rarely occupied by the same people in devs.

I don't mind, he's a brilliant game programmer and has learned to do amazing stuff this past year while not bogged down by some dipshit professor at a university who knows < 1% of what Josh himself already knows. Even if he never actually produces a finished game, eh. I've enjoyed watching him work and progress, and feel it's been well worth my 20 bucks.

I just hope a great dev picks him up and puts him to work making awesome awesome engines and games for the next twenty years. (I'm amazed Valve, for example, hasn't already offered him a job.)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 15:12 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 15:11 Creston

48% of schlock articles get dismissive wanks hours after I've already stopped giving a shit about them.

This isn't some kind of new phenomenon. People who watch a lot of TV still hear TV noises for awhile after they quit watching (and this was reported as early as the 1950s.) People who go to concerts hear ambient noise for hours after they return.

But hey, put the word gamers in the headline and tadaaaaa instant shock news!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 00:47 Creston

Redmask wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 00:31:
You said they should not sign up and ignore it, I'm saying that doesn't work as Sepharo also noted. Yes there are other ways to do the same thing but this by design is much easier.

Okay, so by that reasoning, should every new communications app from now on have some sort of anti-bullying feature? If so, should paper have an anti-bullying feature?

I have nothing against the service, just pointing that out.

I'm kind of curious what people are actually even asking for. I guess for Secret to no longer be anonymous, even though that's apparently the app's entire Raison d'Ítre?

Kids are cruel and will be that way with or without this app. This app just makes it a bit easier to do it. There's no big takeaway or solution here other than the service desperately needing real PR.

Fair enough.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
51. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 3, 2014, 00:31 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:12:
A negative opinion isn't the problem. It's when it's a poorly thought out ignorant hit-and-run, quite often based on not even reading the linked article but just making assumptions based on the blurb or title.

To be fair, I think we've all done that at times. I know I certainly have.

But I saw nearly all of his posts anyway because people quoted him to dismantle his weak arguments.

Which is why I'm saying people need to stop doing that then. If you feel he's trolling, don't reply. (Not you personally, I mean everyone.) Whether you achieve that through an ignore button or through just skimming past whatever he writes, whatever.

But right now we're in a situation where he posts an opinion on something and 15 people jump down his throat. And it gets REALLY boring to read through over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Yes, we could all avoid all this if we just disregarded his posts. But getting everyone on board with that at the same time is going to be problematic if not impossible.

Granted, but every big change has to start small somewhere. If everyone stops immediately blasting him for everything he says, he'll either keep doing it and nobody will bother to reply anymore, or, who knows, he'll up the quality of his posts. (ideally anyway.) The one thing we know for sure is that constantly jumping down his throat and bitching at him DEFINITELY isn't going to change anything, and yet it's all we basically see anymore.

The best solution is never the solution that requires the rest of the community to adapt or change the way they post just because of one guy.

My big problem with it is that he just posts an opinion. Like I said, I rarely agree with it, but it's an opinion, and I don't see why his opinion isn't worthy of being posted.

I'm rarely in favor of banning someone, unless it's a total worthless shitheel like trollindunder who did nothing but make personal attacks in 50% of his posts, and the other 50% were efforts at turning everything into his political shitshow. The last thing I want to see is everyone here just all posting the exact same thing, because that'd get really boring in a hurry.

Most posters here try to substantiate their points and we can have some really good debate and discussion. Willfully ignorant hit-and-run posting adds nothing of value.

I will agree to that, but it's not as if that's all he does. I'll agree to that classification in the cosplayer thread (where I ignored it), but in this thread that's not what he did. He stated the opinion that they could just as easily release the game and send the physical rewards out later. There's nothing wrong with that opinion. People are free to disagree with it, but I don't see why that opinion required people jumping down his throat and turning this into yet another 40 post thread of people bitching. It's almost become automatic by now it seems.

If he bothers you guys that much, STOP FUCKING TALKING TO HIM.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 00:37.

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 00:12 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:25:
Because it's the job of a society to protect the weakest... what kind of argument is "then don't use it" .. that can only come from someone with ZERO understanding of children. If that kinda logic would work on them the world would be a better place indeed....

I have plenty of understanding of children, seeing as how I have taught teenagers for nearly ten years. It's staggering how the simplest solutions never seem to occur to them.

Teen: "I'm worried that if I send a stranger a picture of myself through Snapchat, they'll do something so they can keep the picture forever!"

Me: "So don't send them any pictures."

Teen: *vapid blank look*

Me: *swallows the suggestions to not use Snapchat to begin with.*

God forbid if you're not on ALL the same apps as everyone else is, because OH EM GEE THAT WOULD BE, LIKE, SO LAME.

Redmask wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 20:04:
People can still use the app to spread information about you to others is the issue people are having. The anonymous nature of it makes it more likely for that information to be negative. I don't think its a big deal but any time you say the word bully people get all in a huff.

This is no different from any of a dozen other applications that they use. Kids will gossip/bully other kids behind their backs in real life, they'll sign up with a fake FB account and do it, etc. It's not as if this Secret app is suddenly creating an entirely new world of bullying heretofore unseen.

I don't agree with bullying, btw, but this whole "OMG THE GUY WHO MADE SECRET WANTS TEENAGERS TO KILL THEMSELVES!!!!!! WAAAAAH" hysterical insanity is fucking ludicrous.

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 2, 2014, 19:06 Creston

I don't get the whole problem either. It's an anonymous messaging app, that's apparently being used to hide bullies.

Here's a hint, teenagers: Don't use the fucking app. That way you don't see people bullying you. OMG ITS FUCKING MAGIC

Idiots.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2014, 18:59 Creston

"decades of confusion?"

Seriously? Who on earth thought that Gorman was talking about a race called the Xenomorphs, rather than obviously just referring to an alien whose existence had been explained to him by Ripley.

That article is just filled to the rafters with assumptions, and quite frankly most of them are wrong.

49. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 18:50 Creston

Sho wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 16:29:
They cause a disconnect between what you're seeing and what others are seeing, and thus a breakdown in communication and social cohesion.

It's a forum on a website, Sho, not the United Nations grand council. Nothing of any worth is being produced here, and there is nothing gained or lost by people either getting along or not getting along. Nobody's going to go to war over a lack of communication or social cohesion.

It's a message board. Some people don't like seeing certain other people's posts, in which case they either need to ignore that person, or really just shut up about it.

Every time Cutter posts, and I'm not saying that I agree with him on most matters (I certainly don't agree with his opinion on Wasteland 2), there are 15 people bitching about it, then 10 more people bitching about that. I guess in that way it's sorta similar to our House Of Representatives now, where they all just bicker and bitch like children in a playground.

However, here nobody is paying anyone to get shit done, so how about we all either just stop bitching about other people bitching like Jerykk suggested, or learn to use the ignore button if you can't ignore someone on your own cognizance.

The only real fix is for communities to learn how to expell toxic individuals before they cause irreversible harm -- and people reaching for the ignore function actually is part of that harm.

No, it isn't. A person who is toxic to me may not be toxic to you, and vice versa. While I will agree that Cutter tends to be more negative than positive about stuff, in the end all he does is post an opinion on some news about a game/dev. Last I checked, in a free country, he is allowed to have that opinion be negative.

Shit starts to go to hell when people bitch about his negative opinions, then others bitch about that, and blam, another entire thread derailed into nothing but people bitching about bitching about people having negative opinions. And why? Does anyone seriously believe that it's going to change anything? It's even more pointless than most political threads, where the moron lefties and the moron righties are yelling at the other side that THEY are the ones raping the world while their own party is a slice of heaven and always right.

It's also worth noting that seniority is no defense for bad behavior. You need to not be an asshole every single day anew.

I'm fairly sure Blue doesn't give two shits about people's 'seniority' when he decides to remove posts or ban people entirely, and I've never seen anyone claim any kind of seniority status on this board to begin with.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2014, 19:04.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 2, 2014, 16:29 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 18:42:
Creston wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 11:44:
Zombie DLC... FFS, Rockstar.
Did you ever play the Zombie DLC for Red Dead Redemption?

No, because it seemed stupid. Zombies in the Wild West! Zombies in Modern Day LA! Zombies in the Bayou! Zombies in your pants!

Not every single fucking game needs a fucking zombie DLC...
(though in GTA5 it'd actually be more fun than in RDR, as there are tanks and airplanes etc in it.)

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 2, 2014, 16:22 Creston

1) Facebook
2) Facebook
3) ...
10) Facebook

News Comments > Stained Steam Key Resolution
1. Re: Stained Steam Key Resolution Aug 2, 2014, 16:21 Creston

I appreciate all helpful suggestions.

You mean the ones where people said that they paid for something, and you are supposed to deliver what they paid for?

45. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 2, 2014, 16:20 Creston

Well, this thread went nowhere in a hurry.

Hint: Use the fucking ignore function. Frans made us one for a reason. Every one of these 30 post bitch fests about people complaining about people complaining is all so pointless.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 2, 2014, 16:15 Creston

Don't fly drones over our police stations. We do that to you, it shouldn't happen the other way around. Trust us, we're the good guys.  

23796 Comments. 1190 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo