Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 24246 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
14. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 12:43 Creston

MajorD wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 11:46:
Creston wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 11:35:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Are you okay now, have you recovered yet?

*gasps*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced
29. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII for PC Announced Sep 19, 2014, 11:37 Creston

Still have FF13 lying there for my PS3 ready to play... Never really get around to it.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 11:35 Creston

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *gasp* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 13:12 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 13:09:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:36:
Btw fellas, the Dragon Fall Director's Cut is now available, so all of you who already owned Dragon Fall should have it in your Steam account.

<Looks at length of unplayed steam games list, weeps>

SOME DAY you'll play all of those games! You will!

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees
19. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 13:11 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:48:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:46:
The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

There's a lot of games that I really want to play in there, but then I think about it and realize that it's been a long time since I've been "REALLY" excited about a game. I mean a huge game with crazy features. Not a clone of another game, but with a different story and settings... Know what I mean?

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the Witcher too, but there's that little voice in the back of my head that keeps going "It can't be THIS awesome. It's impossible."

15. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 12:46 Creston

The Witcher Wild Hunt isn't coming out until February 2015. But other than that, yeah, it's an embarrassment of riches this year.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:44 Creston

Ratty wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 12:39:
I just did my Amazon order for about 60 bucks. I bought a couple of books and a couple of Thai sauces, chili paste, and dried peppers. Did you see these Blue? I had a couple of things in my cart from earlier and I was too lazy to remove them and add them again after I went there from here. A lot of the stuff was from 3rd party vendors. Do they count? Also i wonder if I have to change any cookie preferences, like, do I have to start accepting third-party cookies?

This is the first time I've ordered from Amazon since your program and I just want to make sure I do it right.

Stuff from third party vendors should count, yeah, unless it's just a storefront on Amazon and not actually being handled by Amazon. As for the cookies, I doubt Amazon works if you have them turned all the way off, so I think you'd be okay. Do you have Blue's site automatically filling in username / pw, or do you use the ignore list here at all? If so, you're fine on your cookies.

And I think the stuff you added to your cart earlier might even still count, as I imagine the cookie doesn't actually get checked until checkout.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 Creston

Ratty wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:56:
Movie tropes. Didn't watch it all but saw the asteroid belt trope which is my number 2 pet sci-fi peeve. And they ALL do it. I've never seen a movie or series that didn't depict asteroid belts as thick and crowded.

My number one peeve is the lights inside spacesuit helmets that illuminate the astronaut's faces. They all do that too - even 2001 IIRC. Like driving a car at night with the inside lights on.

Astronauts apparently love being blinded all the time. :p

The only one in the movie trope video I had a bit of an issue with was the pistol shot vs padlock. Mythbusters actually tested that one, and found that a sufficiently heavy caliber pistol CAN actually destroy a (flimsy) padlock.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 12:36 Creston

Btw fellas, the Dragon Fall Director's Cut is now available, so all of you who already owned Dragon Fall should have it in your Steam account.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 11:39 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 17:12:
Let me reiterate, I have been lurking here for 10 or so years... Blues has a Forum? Isn't every news post a new forum topic, essentially?

Yes, but they basically vanish after two days, (or a week if it's large enough to be in the popular threads category) and our thinking at the time was that this caused certain hotly debated topics to keep spilling over from comment section to another, like the current #gamergate (my apologies for using that terrible term) discussion is doing.

So we figured that if we had a forum, we'd all just take that kind of stuff to the forum so we didn't all keep repeating the same points in 5 different comments sections.

It never really happened, unfortunately, so Frans/Blue did quite a bit of work for little pay-off. Sorry about that, Blue.

10. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 11:34 Creston

Darks wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:25:
Well, to be honest then did come out and say that this game was somewhere in-between the two games in length. So, to me that's a pretty long game.

I really enjoyed the two games, we played the hell out of them Coop. I will be playing this one Coop too with my friends.

That's fine, I'm sure there are plenty of people who just want MOAR BORDERLANDS, and I'm not saying Gearbox are bastards for giving those people what they want. I'm just saying that charging 60 bucks for it (and I know it was the publisher that forced that) is bullshit.

The graphics do look like they got an upgrade. to me the colors especially do stand out more. As for game play, there are new weapons, lasers and cold type weapons. I do see where you are coming from expecting there to be more. but this is Borderlands, I'm not sure what else could be done to the game.

They need to really overhaul the mechanism for BL3. Give each character more skills, get rid of the stupid "90 billion guns!" thing, especially since BL2 it's really just about 20 different guns with a few minor stat changes over and over and over again, and go back to the system in BL1 where they at least felt different because of the levels of elemental damage they did.

Maybe wait for a sale then Creston if your not that happy about the game.

Obviously, though I probably won't even pick it up on sale. The whole borderlands thing has kept me entertained for several hundred hours, but I'm pretty well done with it unless they do a major overhaul of the basic mechanics. To each their own.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2014, 11:42.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
35. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 11:25 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 23:03:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:34:
Who gives a crap, do we really need an update everytime they raise another 50 cents? Destiny had a $500,000,000 budget, and was still crap, so who cares how much they are spending making the game. Not only that, people arent "supporting the development of the project", they are simply buying a game in advance. If you do the math, $53 million isnt even matching what a million retail sales would be. Games that have sold far more than under a million copies havent gotten 1/10th this games publicity or 1/50th as many news updates, so wtf already?!

I was a huge Wing Commander fan, played all the games, saw the movie, an even read all the books, but I am not even going to get this anymore, thats how sick I am of this circus already.

1. We get an update when he raises another million dollars. Not fifty cents. ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

2. You're posting on this thread. By virtue of doing so, you're explicitly voting for more posts like this on Blues.

3. I forget what 3 was. (Pulling a Rick Perry)

4. PROFIT!!!!!

Also, Destiny had a TOTAL budget of 500 million. Roughly 400 million of that was marketing. They didn't spend 500 million to build a game. (If they did they should be fucking embarrassed, because for an MMO, it's pretty fucking tiny.)

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
34. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 18, 2014, 11:23 Creston

The goal this adds is the Independent Arbitrator's Guild

The what? What purpose could this ever possibly serve in a game?

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
26. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 11:21 Creston

Sho wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:00:
Creston wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 10:59:
How much money did you put in the Kickstarter?

$125. The "All Digital" pick, not much for trinkets to stack around the place.

Okay, up your pledge by ~ 5 million, and I'm sure they can be convinced to make better graphics.

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
23. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Will W wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 07:49:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:18:

Because every single state has different tax laws, and it drives them insane...

They never fail to refund it after being reminded...but they have our tax-exempt information on file and continually assure us that the issue is fixed. No other companies have this kind of issue, including ones like Walmart, Target, etc with B&M locations all over.

Hmmmm, weird.

8. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 11:17 Creston

Darks wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:03:
Ahh, Creston, you are always looking for something to pick about.

Yeah, sorry I'm not a mindless shill like you. I don't just eat whatever bullshit a publisher tries to feed you.

This is not an add-on. Its a full blown game. In fact the game is extensively longer then BL1 was.

Really? Based on what? Based on what Randy Pitchford has said? I'd wait until it comes out and people have played through before I'd make that statement.

Because BL1 was a pretty long game. 15 to 20 hours if you did all the main quest. longer if you did the side questing.

Exactly. Which just reinforces the idea that you probably should hold off on claims that this one is longer than BL1, because BL1 could easily go into 30-40 hours if you did all quests in your first playthrough.

But length aside, this is really no improvement over BL2. The low-grav mutator because it's on the moon thing is embarrassing enough to be touted as a feature, but it's still the same concept of four characters each with a single skill and a bunch of minor bonuses etc etc etc. It's Yet Again The Same Formula.

If people enjoy that, eh, more power to them. There must apparently have been plenty of people clamoring for "just more BL2." Selling them that for 60 bucks, though, is pretty shitty in my book.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
24. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 10:59 Creston

Sho wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 09:28:
But I do want better.

How much money did you put in the Kickstarter?

6. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Trailer & Skill Trees Sep 18, 2014, 10:52 Creston

It's an expansion pack sold for full price. Good luck with that, whichever publisher is responsible for that.  

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 15:20 Creston

1badmf wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 14:59:
blues has a forum!??!

We whined, begged, wheedled and cajoled him into creating one several years back, since we were "all going to use it a lot."

Sadly, that turned out to be a bald-faced lie, and we really never use it...

31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 15:19 Creston

PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:31:
Been enjoying that great surfeit of flight and space sims over the past decade, eh?

Most flight sim fans are more than happy to play the same one for a period of 10+ years.

24246 Comments. 1213 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo