Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23568 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 30, 2014, 11:38 Creston

Cool by the Rockstar guy to preserve the church building.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 11:27 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 18:39:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 15:48:
Everybody chant with me now!

Holland! *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Dramatic end. Did Robben flop?

On the last call where he got a penalty, yes he did. Even though the defender's foot hit his foot, I doubt it was serious enough that he'd have fallen normally. His over-dramatic stretch-and-fall was a definite flop, and he actually even admitted it after the match and apologized for it. (to which Mexico probably unanimously gave him the finger.)

That said, the first time he got tackled in the penalty box, back in the first half, he definitely didn't flop, got tackled by TWO defenders, and should have gotten a penalty then. If we assume everything else holds, the match would have ended the same way, so eh. And fuck that whiny-ass Mexican coach.

Btw, flopping is flopping and is terrible for the sport, no matter who does it.

I'm surprised you say Holland, not Netherlands. Are you from Holland (as in, the 2 northern counties) or is it usual for the Dutch, when speaking in England, to call the Netherlands Holland?

If you say "The Netherlands", nobody knows what the hell you're talking about in the US. Roughly 90% of the people think it's part of Scandinavia (to which I always chuckle and say "Well, you'd hate to have to walk it.") and the other 10% just have that vague blank stare on their face like they do if you mention that McDonalds really has shitty food. The first time I sent a post card back from here to the Netherlands, the US postal service sent it to the Netherlands Antilles, where the poor confused postal workers probably spent weeks trying to come up with the motivation to actually do something, and it took two months for the card to actually make its way over to where it was supposed to go in the first place.

Also, every Dutch person who cheers for the Dutch team does the "Holland" *clap clap clap* thing. Nobody ever says "Nederland!" *clap clap clap*

That said, technically Holland does indeed only refer to the North and South Holland provinces, (I was born and lived in North Holland for ~30 years) and people from those two provinces are more likely to refer to the entire country as Holland, whereas people from the southern part of the country tend to refer to it as Nederland.

In any case, it's used fairly interchangeably, and in general most people tend to know better what you're talking about if you say Holland.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2014, 11:35.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
9. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 10:49 Creston

PC Games! Now you can buy them while they aren't even done!

I seriously have no clue who they're even trying to reach with this. The people interested in early access games will really most likely get them through digital distribution. Confused parents and casual gamers who still buy retail copies aren't even likely to understand what this early access stuff means, and they'll be upset when they find out the game they thought they bought is actually a barebones alpha.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: 165Mbps internet Jun 30, 2014, 01:43 Creston

descender wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 23:41:
Sadly, you can't watch ANY local team play on MLB.TV (whatever blackout region you are in), also no FOX Saturday baseball or ESPN Sunday night.

True, but eh. The games become available 90 minutes after they're done.

Also, there are rumblings about that changing once Bud Fucking Selig is dead and buried.

News Comments > Summer Sales Ending
34. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 30, 2014, 01:41 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 23:55:
Oh and I have a soft spot for Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader on my Android Phone/Tablet

Well, don't keep us in suspense any longer! Are you?

8. Re: 165Mbps internet Jun 29, 2014, 23:12 Creston

DrSquick wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 17:44:
MLB streaming for $20/month. Bam - didn't save any money :/

Confused MLB.TV is 80 bucks a year? Also, Netflix is 8.99 a month, not 13.

I'd cut cord in a heartbeat if I could get a decent fucking internet speed out here. Fuck DirecTV and their bullshit.

29. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 23:08 Creston

At least Bethesda puts their DLC on sale, unlike EA. during my replay of DA:Origins, I figured I'd get the DLC that I'd missed the first time around, just for completeness' sake.

Turns out, yeah, they're still selling five year old DLC for the exact same price as they did when it was brand new.

God, I fucking hate EA. Fuck you Myzuka and whatevertheotherfuckerwascalled for selling Bioware to EA. Fuck you right up your fucking ass with a broken off broom handle.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 15:48 Creston

Everybody chant with me now!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 15:42 Creston

And by "rapid adoption" we mean "less than 1/1000th of a percent of all people have one."

They undoubtedly wrote the same shit about 3D TVs two or three years ago.

7. Re: Summer Sales Ending Jun 29, 2014, 15:41 Creston

Bought Jade Empire, XCOM Bureau and ehhh... one other thing from GOG. Syndicate Wars, perhaps.

Oh, and Saint's Row IV. I managed to avoid all the other temptations.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 13:40 Creston

Landing that plane on a stool is amazing. He did clunk it down fairly hard at the end though.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 29, 2014, 13:32 Creston

Most Americans have access to multiple providers of fast Internet service. About 54 percent of households live in census tracts where three or more companies provide home Internet speeds of 10 megabits per second. Only 7 percent of households have access to just one such provider.

Bull-fucking-shit. AT&T and Verizon 4G LTE should NOT count in these snapshots of theirs. 4G is a fucking shambles of an internet connection, and it comes with a 5GB cap, which means it's basically unusable.

1. 165Mbps internet Jun 29, 2014, 13:27 Creston

Oh good. Approximately 0.0000000000001% of the USA will have that, but the FCC will keep bleating how awesome we're doing.

Also, I would pay 0 dollars and 0 cents to watch a Youtube video.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 13:55 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:39:
Wolfentein - $30! Very fun game!

That is cray cray. It came out like three weeks ago!

And everyone, please buy Shadowrun Returns. If it sells enough copies, they will hopefully make more campaigns for it, and the Berlin one was awesome.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 13:52 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:32:
Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:06:
Awkward...

On the flipside, if you're Tim Cook and you're the head of the second-most lucrative company in the world, and you have more money than most countries, what do you care if people know you're gay or not? Is that still such a major issue?

To be clear, the reason I sent it in was not "ha ha - Tim's gay", but what made me laugh was everyone going along, trying to chime in with something different, and then once the one guy says it, this hilarious awkwardness stops the entire conversation, and they all look at each other like "OH FUCK".

The video of it is at the bottom of the article...

Oh I know, that silence was hilariously awkward.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 12:06 Creston

Awkward...

On the flipside, if you're Tim Cook and you're the head of the second-most lucrative company in the world, and you have more money than most countries, what do you care if people know you're gay or not? Is that still such a major issue?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 12:02 Creston

If it's all gray and no sear, what they probably do is just throw them in near-boiling water to keep them warm. I've seen several chefs do that in places where they need to be able to churn burgers out more quickly and they don't cook them to order.

It boils every last bit of taste right out of them. So yeah, it's hot when you get it, but...

I rarely order burgers anywhere anymore, unless there's absolutely nothing else on the menu that I see that I like. Like you, I much, much prefer my own burgers which I now cook Juicy Lucy style.

News Comments > X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit
1. Re: X: Rebirth Goes 64-Bit Jun 28, 2014, 11:59 Creston

Who knows, maybe at some point it'll actually start running at a decent speed. Right now it still runs worse than (apparently) the SC alpha.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 28, 2014, 01:10 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 00:26:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 22:26:
1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:37:
i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.

Yup, I'd consider picking one up if they were $50. Not $200 tho.

the voice commands are pretty efficient even if you have to speak up. gesture interface is pretty worthless though. it takes a few seconds to recognize your hand is up, and then the hand icon tends to jump around a lot. lot faster to just use the controller. still, for $30 premium, the potential is worth it.

The voice controls have always looked (sounded?) cool, and I could definitely see use for those, but they could have just implemented them with a $10 microphone built into the box itself.

But then Kinect would have been just a camera, and they knew full well that nobody wanted another iteration of their near-worthless camera for $100 extra, so they crammed the voice controls into the Kinect and pretended that voice controls somehow had to cost $100.

Don Mattrick really is just a fucking idiot.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 27, 2014, 16:01 Creston

The title Red Dead Redemption, for instance, suggests a lethal quest for vengeance when the game itself functions as a tragic rumination on the hollowness of revenge.

Except for, you know, the part where John Marston's son Jack finds the scumbag FBI lawman who killed his dad, and kills not only said lawman, but also his wife and friend. Or at least I did.

In any case, good, Polygon has found something to whine about again.

23568 Comments. 1179 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo