Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22963 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
5. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 11:26 Creston

That was an often heard complaint when Win 8 came out, that PvZ wouldn't run full screen. It's pretty hilarious that that still hasn't been fixed.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse May 9, 2014, 11:24 Creston

Somebody please just shoot these lying Comcast fuckers. Just fucking shoot them.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer
2. Re: Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer May 9, 2014, 11:20 Creston

I think they can. Tropico 4 was really good. I started playing that when Sim City turned into such a debacle, and it was excellent. (I stopped because I then bought the even more excellent Anno2070).

I'm quite looking forward to this.

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
3. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 11:19 Creston

EA horseshit with PvZ2 (everyone knew EA would fuck up Popcap) notwithstanding, PvZ is a fantastic game and getting it free is pretty awesome.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
45. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 23:49 Creston

NKD wrote on May 8, 2014, 21:43:
Creston wrote on May 8, 2014, 17:52:
How many people would you estimate raid in WoW? Thousands? Millions?

It's hard to come by good numbers but looking here it looks like there are several hundred thousand in WoW who raid on the Normal or Heroic level (excluding the people who just queue for LFR or do Flex which doesn't really count.)

Plus that's just people who've raided in the last two tiers of content. If my guild is any indication there are a lot of people who haven't raided in MoP who are interested in Wildstar.

I think if they play their cards right they can get a player base big enough to sustain their game.

Yeah that's a seriously large number. I had no idea that many people were into it. If they cater well to that population, they should be able to keep this MMO afloat.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Character Trailer
7. Re: Watch Dogs Character Trailer May 8, 2014, 23:47 Creston

harlock wrote on May 8, 2014, 22:53:
so the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Rob Zombie are in this? thought I saw Bill Burroughs in there too

Hahaha, now that you said it, she does look like that.

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
8. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 8, 2014, 23:45 Creston

Still very interested in this game, as it looks very nice. Hope they can use the time to make it better.  

37. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 17:52 Creston

NKD wrote on May 8, 2014, 16:40:
Creston wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:32:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 8, 2014, 13:04:
It will be a better raiding game for hardcore players who want a challenge, that I will say for sure.

I'm curious as to how many people that will actually bring to the table, though? Enough to sustain an entire MMO?

Time will tell, but they picked the right time to launch. WoW raiders are incredibly bored right now due to lack of content. Then Wildstar comes along, with hard dungeons and the promise of even harder raids, and a pretty clear focus. It's got all the stuff raiders want. It's not just a game that technically has raids, like SWTOR. There's already a pretty solid community forming around the game. There are a ton of add-ons already, logging sites, data mining sites, theorycrafting, all that stuff, to a degree I haven't really seen in a while. That's not to say all there is to do is raid, but the focus seems to be there. (The player housing system is really fucking cool though. That's something you don't see much.)

How many people would you estimate raid in WoW? Thousands? Millions?

One guy was saying that MMOs need to appeal to as many players as possible, but I don't think that's really a feasible approach anymore. You cannot keep a huge player base around in the long term any more. MMO players want all kinds of different things in their MMOs, and they are not willing to settle for a one-size-fits-all MMO for more than a free month.

Yeah I don't think that works either. If you try to make something "for everyone", then what you end up making is 80000 things haphazardly thrown together, with nothing having had much time spent on it, and all those players will soon quit when they finish the tiny portion of your game that they like.

I agree that it's much better to just say "We'll focus on this one aspect, and make it the best there is in that," and then hope that the people who enjoy said aspect (in this case raiding) will stick around.

Keep your game design focused, and don't spend $300 million making the thing, and you can have a successful MMO with long term player retention. Yeah, some forum idiots are going to call your game a "failure" for not having 5 million subscribers, but as long as your game is profitable and your player base, after the launch bubble pops, is happy and supplied with content, you win.

Sadly, most publishers will call that game a failure then, too, because "fuckdammit, someone said we'd make WoW money!"

30. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 15:32 Creston

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 8, 2014, 13:04:
It will be a better raiding game for hardcore players who want a challenge, that I will say for sure.

I'm curious as to how many people that will actually bring to the table, though? Enough to sustain an entire MMO?

News Comments > Free Unreal Tournament Plans
4. Re: Free Unreal Tournament Plans May 8, 2014, 15:29 Creston

Someone called it a few days ago.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2014, 11:27 Creston

nin wrote on May 8, 2014, 09:24:
Report: June Wii U Update Will Shorten Boot Up By 20 Seconds.

And sales will nosedive by another 20%.

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week!

*tips waitress*

As for ESO being delayed for the consoles, hmmm. Is their current paid beta-test not doing so well or something?

And as for Destiny, it does LOOK awesome. But that preview doesn't exactly fill me with a lot of "Man, I want to play that!" feelings. And it's Kotaku, who normally drool and slobber over just about anything released by a Big Publisher.

Bobby Kotick is fucking insane if he thinks he'll make 500 million back on it. Even if every single PS4 and Xbone user bought a copy, they'd still not break even.

Edit: I didn't realize it was also coming out for PS3/360. That skews the odds heavily back into their favor, as there are untold millions of drooltards who would just buy something that's heavily marketed and "looks great, bro!"

This comment was edited on May 8, 2014, 11:36.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation May 7, 2014, 23:37 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on May 7, 2014, 21:17:
Also expected RDR2 to be revealed...

Ooooooh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyesyesyesyesyesyeeeeeessssss!

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
11. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 15:42 Creston

From "Atari", so it's going to suck donkey ass.

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
14. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 11:55 Creston

Thanks for buying my unfinished game. I'm not finishing it, despite implied promises to do so, because, well, I've already got all the money out of it that I'm going to get.

But I'll make a new one, so if you all can go ahead and buy that one too, I'll keep supporting that for as long as it keeps selling!

Fuck this assclown.

News Comments > Star Wars GameSpy Shutdowns
5. Re: Star Wars GameSpy Shutdowns May 7, 2014, 11:46 Creston

Oh, that sale was "just a bit of bad timing", huh? It wasn't you greedy fuckers trying to dump this shit while it could still be sold, knowing full well it would shut down in less than a month?

Asswipes.

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
4. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 7, 2014, 11:38 Creston

Never heard of this...?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 6, 2014, 23:29 Creston

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 6, 2014, 15:00:
Creston, try Bitdefender Free.

Alright, I'll give 'em a look. Thanks.

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
18. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 6, 2014, 13:08 Creston

Get Tales from the Borderlands now, and we'll give you a couple of shitty green items that already drop 99.9999999999999999999999999% of the time! WOOT!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 6, 2014, 13:06 Creston

wtf_man wrote on May 6, 2014, 09:56:
That said... apparently Comodo free AV is in the lead for this year (According to AV Comparatives)... basically because it defaults to trusting nothing unknown, and either blocks it or virtualizes it so it can't infect your machine.

Tried it. Hated it. Sucked up a shitload of bandwith on startup (to the point where I just basically had to wait for 5-10 minutes for it to finish whatever the hell it was downloading), and it KEPT flagging freaking Outlook.exe, Word.exe, Excel.exe as a virus, even though I had already told it multiple times that they were clean, it wasn't a virus. (Yes, haha, MS is a huge virus etc.)

And every time it did it, I'd be sitting there wondering why the heck Word or Excel wouldn't start, and it's because Comodo was going DERP BAD DERP.

I applaud these companies for making free products, and I feel bad about hating on something that was offered at no cost, but after two weeks with it, I just gave up and have gone back to Avast.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2014, 13:01 Creston

500 million dollars. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What did they fucking spend that on? 490 million dollars of marketing, and ten million for development? The game looks alright, but five hundred million worth?

Please. Also, that means it has to sell like 13-14 million copies just to break even. Good luck with that, Bobby.

22963 Comments. 1149 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo