Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 23766 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2014, 14:13 Creston

Best video ever. Youtube, nay, mankind has now reached its apex.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Angry Birds Aug 5, 2014, 14:06 Creston

At first glance I thought "oh right, here's someone else who invented the iPhone and needs millions of dollars for their stolen intellectual property."

Reading the actual court filing, though... Holy shit. Page 8 and 9 of the filing show pictures of the toy they originally made, along with the back of the packaging that specifically mentions, BY NAME, that she's the one who designed it, and it's being used under license.

I'm guessing Hart and/or Rovio are going to have to cough up a metric shitload of money over this. How much has Rovio made off angry birds? Hundreds of millions of dollars?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 13:52 Creston

What?????  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2014, 13:06 Creston

Assistant Superintendent Helen Lewis of Tower Hamlets Police said: “I can confirm that we have received one official complaint from a local resident in relation to police cars being left running outside the Bethnal Green Police Station. We ignore all complaints from the community very seriously. I intend to not investigate this situation and pending the outcomes of the non-investigation will work with the community to ensure that anyone who complains will be arrested and detained."

British police. Really no better than US police.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 5, 2014, 11:58 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:29:
Re: xbox - Or they could just drop the damned price. You're selling inferior hardware, price it accordingly.

I checked out Sacred 3 on the weekend by the way, I am a big fan of the franchise. Sacred 3 is an unbelievable turd that no one should waste their time on, it is bad and diverges from the main series on so many levels. Maybe one day write up a proper teardown on it but I'm not sure its even worth the time, it's a terrible game.

RPS already saved you the trouble.

As for the xbone, yeah it should still be cheaper, but at least they're trying to put SOME value into it. I'm waiting for Sony to drop the price, but since they're outselling MS 3 to 1, I doubt they will anytime soon.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 16:24 Creston

harlock wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 13:31:
Scientists have discovered that it is possible to induce lucid dreaming in sleepers by applying mild electrical currents to their scalps, a study says.

Lucid dreaming is when a sleeper recognises they are dreaming and may even be able to manipulate the dream's plot and control their behaviour.

"The key finding is that you can, surprisingly, by scalp stimulation, influence the brain. And you can influence the brain in such a way that a sleeper, a dreamer, becomes aware that he is dreaming," said Professor J Allan Hobson, from Harvard Medical School, who co-authored the paper published in Nature Neuroscience.

*BRAAAAAAAAHHHHMMMM*

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 4, 2014, 11:53 Creston

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:41:
EA has totally mismanaged the Ultima franchise and the worst part is that they never part with IP so you know it's stuck there 'forever'. With so many great RPGs on the horizon its begging for a re-release.

It's not called Ultima, but RG's kickstarted RPG seems to be proceeding along fairly smoothly.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
10. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 11:11 Creston

Hehehe. Maybe not quite that long, but I don't see the MMO part really being playable anywhere before 2016. (unless they release a dramatically stripped down version with just a few locales.)

8. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 10:46 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:26:
ps. This game officially cannot possibly meet all these goals now.

Sure it can. It just can't do so within the allotted time frame.

5. 6 high tech movie facilities Aug 4, 2014, 10:41 Creston

Funny article, but wrong in just about every place. I don't hold Hollywood to any high standards, but most of the stuff listed here was actually thought about by the movies' producers/writers:

Death Star size / travel times: The Death Star is the size of a small moon, not of Earth's moon. (which is gargantuan by cosmic standards) It's even mentioned in the movie. A quick glance at wookieepedia shows that the original Death Star had a diameter of 120 km.

Furthermore, nowhere it is implied that Luke, Han and Chewie take just a few minutes to get to Leia's cell block. For all we know, they might have been traveling for a few hours. Same with Obi-Wan. Since even "24", which ostensibly happened in real time, cheated with travel times, I don't see why it happening in a movie is such a big deal. Maybe Tom Reimann wanted 25 minutes of watching Obi-Wan wander around, taking different turbo lifts and using the Force to make people not notice the fact there's a Jedi walking around their Imperial space station? I'm glad Lucas skipped those scenes and got on with the action.

(And really, if we're going to talk about impossible travel times, Friends still takes the cake, where Chandler travels from Tulsa to Central Park in NYC in roughly the space of an hour. )

As for the bog monster in the waste compactor, new crew member comes aboard with space flu, shits out parasite, parasite thrives in waste compactor. Also, it's the Empire, who weren't exactly known for fastidiousness. This doesn't seem that far fetched.

Face/Off : This movie was retarded in every single way.

Water on the Nostromo, Nero's ship : There is condensation on space vessels. The ISS actually has a system that's dedicated to recycling condensation from the air.

For a vessel that's on a deep space run, and the crew is cryogenically frozen, it makes sense for lots of condensation to build up. While you could argue that that would lead to massive amounts of system failures (it's caused failures on the ISS), it's not that difficult to imagine that the Nostromo has systems in place to deal with it in the more critical areas, but the cheap company couldn't be bothered with putting such systems in walkways etc.

Also, the Nostromo actually got quite some damage when it landed on LV-426(?) since it was never designed to actually land on planets. The idea of a pipe having ruptured seems within the realm of possibility.

As for why there is a pool on the bottom of Nero's ship, well, since that pool is at what the artificial gravity deems to be the bottom of his vessel, it actually makes quite a bit of sense for a design as open as his vessel to have water standing at the bottom. All that condensation does pile up.

Elysium : Never saw it, but it's not that hard to imagine that
A) They didn't bother showing the characters moving around for 30 minutes, since it makes for boring scenes, and
B) Most C&C functions are relatively within close distance. Yes, the White House, Capitol building and Pentagon aren't in the same building, but if judged over a distance over several hundred km, they are pretty damn close to one another.

And finally: ED-209 on the 100th floor. Tom Reimann has apparently never heard of a fucking SERVICE ELEVATOR. How did you think they got the big fucking desk up to the 100th floor, Tom? Transported it piecemeal in the executive glass-tube elevator?

There was a time when you at least had to make some sense when you wrote a Cracked article, but apparently now all that's required is that your article is long, has screen shots, and contains lots of strained analogies.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 09:58 Creston

Blatant lying in advertising has been allowed in the US for God knows how long now, so that seems just a minor infraction.

Also, "Master Splinter" Rotfl

1. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 09:53 Creston

Zurovec? Tony Zurovec? The guy who was the lead on Origin's Crusader games? (edit: Article actually confirms that).

Huh, I had no idea he was still working in game development. Cool

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 2014, 11:00.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 19:57 Creston

Ant wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 19:28:
I see Blue's News everywhere.

Hehehehe.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
16. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 15:28 Creston

90 bucks. Giggle

Fools and their money.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 3, 2014, 15:19 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:37:
DirecTV Gears Up For 4K

DirecTV is about to gear uyp for my cancel. $197.00 this month! WTF!?

Wuh? Holy shit, that's insane. I'm getting ready to cancel my account and it's "only" $105 a month...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Microsoft changing the NFL Aug 3, 2014, 15:18 Creston

They were still using faxes? Holy crap, that's a 10 billion dollar industry, and it was stuck using 1980s technology...

And this is just unbelievable: One thing that is absent from these surfaces is video. It was agreed by the NFL rule makers that video would give a competitive advantage that isn't present when viewing still photos.

What does it fucking matter when everyone uses it? Or are some of these asshole owners to fucking miserly to pay a few grand for a video stream??? Wait, don't answer that.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
2. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 3, 2014, 15:15 Creston

Slashman wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:41:
Seems like Josh has finally buckled down and increased his speed...again.

Got the feeling he may well pull off something amazing.

I dunno. Every time he says he's gonna buckle down and create content, he instead just goes and makes more tools. It's obvious he's a tools programmer, and not really a content creator. The two positions are rarely occupied by the same people in devs.

I don't mind, he's a brilliant game programmer and has learned to do amazing stuff this past year while not bogged down by some dipshit professor at a university who knows < 1% of what Josh himself already knows. Even if he never actually produces a finished game, eh. I've enjoyed watching him work and progress, and feel it's been well worth my 20 bucks.

I just hope a great dev picks him up and puts him to work making awesome awesome engines and games for the next twenty years. (I'm amazed Valve, for example, hasn't already offered him a job.)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 15:12 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Aug 3, 2014, 15:11 Creston

48% of schlock articles get dismissive wanks hours after I've already stopped giving a shit about them.

This isn't some kind of new phenomenon. People who watch a lot of TV still hear TV noises for awhile after they quit watching (and this was reported as early as the 1950s.) People who go to concerts hear ambient noise for hours after they return.

But hey, put the word gamers in the headline and tadaaaaa instant shock news!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 00:47 Creston

Redmask wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 00:31:
You said they should not sign up and ignore it, I'm saying that doesn't work as Sepharo also noted. Yes there are other ways to do the same thing but this by design is much easier.

Okay, so by that reasoning, should every new communications app from now on have some sort of anti-bullying feature? If so, should paper have an anti-bullying feature?

I have nothing against the service, just pointing that out.

I'm kind of curious what people are actually even asking for. I guess for Secret to no longer be anonymous, even though that's apparently the app's entire Raison d'ętre?

Kids are cruel and will be that way with or without this app. This app just makes it a bit easier to do it. There's no big takeaway or solution here other than the service desperately needing real PR.

Fair enough.

23766 Comments. 1189 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo