Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 25329 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
36. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 9, 2015, 17:22 Creston

Primalchrome wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:43:
Win10 will run exclusively on Surface Pros.

Somewhere in L.A., Steve Ballmer just jizzed himself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 17:21 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:59:
On the other hand, if Slimram's Space Burrito Shack Simulator were delayed, probably not newsworthy.

That's cold, homie...

Poor Slimram!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2015, 17:21 Creston

Blue wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:05:
Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 14:01:
GTA 5 PC Isn't Delayed, Rockstar Says

Woot! Jan. 27th! Can not wait!

Since Cutter also sent this in, I'll post a general question to all of you. Would you like more coverage of stories like this? I tend to view it as non-news/clickbait material (since nothing really suggested it is delayed), but I don't want to spoil everone's fun.

Reporting it never hurts. I think we can decide for ourselves what we click on or not.

That said, this particular instance really is about as non-news as it's possible to get, as there had never been any indication whatsoever that it might/would be delayed.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 17:17 Creston

Fion wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:46:
Isn't the FCC ruling due to hit in early February? I'm not too worried about congress fucking that up for the american people. If you think they can draft a bill, get it out of committee, passed in the house, almost certainly altered in the senate requiring it to be passed in the house again, then to the Veto process and back to the senate for a 2/3rds vote in a months time? You're kidding yourself.

I don't care how much money is flowing through congress at the moment. They couldn't pass a (certain to be vetoed) bill in that time frame if their children's lives depended on it.

You're assuming that congress has to pass a bill in order to stop the FCC from voting this way. They don't. They just have to pass a bill afterward nullifying the FCC's mandate.

Also, the second the FCC votes to reclassify the telcos under Title II, eight million dollars an hour's worth of lawyers file suit against the FCC, and by the time we've come to the end of that road it'll easily be 2016 and we may have a president whose name was legally changed to "How far can I get my tongue up Comcast's ass?"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2015, 17:14 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 13:40:
The box doesn't keep the sole copy of your download record. It's your account. It works the same way Steam does, where the rare de-listed title can still be downloaded if you have it in your account. So unless you lose your account, you should be fine.

Okay, that makes more sense then.

If the game was locked to THAT console (like on the wii), then when the 360s would red ring, customers would lose all downloaded games forever. That would have singlehandedly killed the digital market, people wouldn't buy digital anything, for fear of losing it when the hardware it was bought on died.

Hey, it's Microsoft. The guys who want to charge you like 20 bucks for a new Windows DVD if your old one won't load anymore, but you still have a valid key. The guys who tried to charge 60 bucks a year for access to GFWL. I seriously wouldn't have put it past them.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
4. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 16:54 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 15:08:
This is just a reskinned version of Dead Island with Parkour like movement system.

Correct, but the parkour looks, imo, pretty freaking awesome. It looks to be the best since Mirror's Edge.

And though I don't like live action videos for a game, that live action parkour video was amazing. Shit, that guy's good. The zombies chasing him doesn't actually jive with the game (since during the day the zombies are slow and dumb), but it was pretty cool to watch.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 16:59.

News Comments > GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS
10. Re: GDC Award Nominees; Baer Honored by AIAS Jan 9, 2015, 16:51 Creston

First I read they were honoring Beer, and I thought "Wow, they got something right."  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Economic Rollback Jan 9, 2015, 12:51 Creston

I can't believe why they were even considering letting people keep the billions of credits they were wrongly given. In a game where everyone manipulates the same economy, wouldn't that throw the entire economy completely out of whack?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
21. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 9, 2015, 12:43 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:32:
"Ultra HD Bluray" (ridiculous name, more buzz than the drawer beside your mom's bed)

HEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOO!!! *tapdances*

I feel there should be a Turbo in that name somewhere. In all caps. Ultra HD TURBO Bluray. And maybe a Synergistic. Ultra TURBO HD Synergistic Bluray. There.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 12:17 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:38:
No. I've defended Wheeler here. Not saying he's good, but saying wait and see. People often get really irate when someone goes from the industry to a position such as this, but it's hard to avoid that because you need someone in this position that really knows the industry, and how can someone have that without having been in the industry?

That's a fair enough argument, but this is the same guy that when Verizon pooped on the existing Net Neutrality 'rules' (ie, the silk-gloved handjob to the cableco industry given by that fucker Genachowski), his (Wheeler's) first comments were that he "favored the idea of fast lanes", that he didn't think there was anything wrong with the extortion peering agreements that led to all the cablecos just shafting Netflix up the ass, and that when he realized he'd have to redo the net neutrality debate he favored a "hybrid approach" which essentially meant that there'd be some rules in place to prevent corporations from screwing each over too wildly, but that essentially allowed whatever they fucking wanted towards the customers.

It wasn't until the Democrats lost both houses last November, and Obama suddenly realized he maybe should stand up for shit he'd been promising to stand up for BOTH times he got elected, that Wheeler now suddenly favors Title II reclassification. It's a pretty drastic reversal in position.

That said, don't expect anything to happen, really. Lawsuits will drag this out until 2016, at which point it's pretty likely that Wheeler will get kicked out of the FCC and the status quo of "take it up the ass from your corporate overlords, pay more and don't you fucking DARE use the internet speeds that you're paying for" will just continue.

But even so, it's remarkable how quickly Wheeler has changed course.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 11:35 Creston

Cox, a cable company, is similarly upset. "Without increased government intervention, the Internet has been extraordinarily successful and most customers have access to multiple broadband providers and unprecedented speeds, lies" the company told Ars. "Cox has increased speeds 1000 percent in the last 13 years lies, doubled speeds this year spin/FUD and started delivering Gigabit service to homes this month lies. Customers choose us because we provide a superior online experience that includes access to all legal sites and full transparency about how we manage our network. WE ARE THE ONLY FUCKING PROVIDER IN THEIR HOMETOWNS. A regulatory overreach is simply not required to ensure this continues. hey, something that's true!"

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 12:10.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2015, 11:30 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 10:02:
I have to admit, I remember most people here were pretty worried after we learned it would be Wheeler but hes defying expectations so far in a wonderful way. I should be less cynical.

It can't be the same guy. He's either been brainwashed or someone just wacked him and put a somewhat similar looking guy in place.

In any case, trust the fucking assholes in Congress to put a stop to it. Apparently bribes lobbying money has been flowing like fucking water since Wheeler somewhat announced what he was planning to do, and the Mafia in the House of Representatives have been making out like bandits.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2015, 11:23 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 11:16:
Microsoft reassures Xbox One owners over DRM rights

"Don't worry about your DRM rights. You'll have none, just like you didn't have any before."

I like how MS says "Oh, don't worry, you can always just go into your download history and redownload the game from there."

Okay. What if that history is wiped somehow? What if your box breaks and you get a new one? Seems to me like you're gonna be screwed.

The message, as always: Don't Trust Microsoft On ANYTHING.

News Comments > Double Dragon Trilogy Next Week
2. Re: Double Dragon Trilogy Next Week Jan 9, 2015, 11:22 Creston

I'm glad so many publishers take the time to port mobile games to the PC, because clearly that's what we want.

{/sarcasm}

News Comments > GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords
9. Re: GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords Jan 8, 2015, 16:53 Creston

Dang, thanks fellas.  

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 8, 2015, 15:42 Creston

Like I'd said in yesterday's thread where this was originally posted, I don't use Snapchat because I don't want anyone to get any kind of ideas about me presumably using it to send pics to my wife's high school students.

Also, I've never used it, so I don't know, but is it really possible/that easy to mistake sending a picture to one person versus sending it to everyone on your snapchat list? In most applications, that's really not a simple mistake to make. So I'm going to guess he thought the girls would like seeing his dick, and when they didn't he quickly came up with the "it was a mistake!" excuse.

News Comments > GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords
4. Re: GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords Jan 8, 2015, 15:36 Creston

I'm confused. Why exactly did they put these passwords in to begin with? How is putting a password into something HELPING a Luddite (apparently we call them "less tech-savvy" now...) install a game?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 11:42 Creston

NEW ARCHER TONIGHT, MOPHUKKAS!!!!!!

Also, happy birthday, Frans! Thanks for keeping this place running all these years.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 11:40 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 08:59:
Btw.. Beth blog is one of the only sites on this planet that forces me on the German site when I enter the English url. And not even VPN circumvents it. What this means is that 9 out of 10 links to bethblog.com do not actually work for me! ;/

This interview though, they completely translated to German, with no way to see the "real" interview. wtf is up with that.

Time to move, homie!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 8, 2015, 11:39 Creston

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 03:12:
I'm personally waiting to get a 970 or 980 with 8gb ram (only the 4gb variety are available now), and then going completely crazy (but tastefully) with a ultimate modded skyrim play through. I've yet to try any of the big DLC's even. Looking forward to it.

Your VRAM makes little to no difference on Skyrim's stability. It's the engine itself which craps out with too many mods installed .(especially memory hungry ones.)

You'd see absolutely no difference with a 4GB or 8GB card.

25329 Comments. 1267 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo