Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 22969 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Spring Insomnia Sale
16. Re: GOG.com Spring Insomnia Sale May 13, 2014, 13:14 Creston

I love GOG, but I pretty much already own every old game I've ever wanted to replay, so all these sales are kinda wasted on me.

Which is probably good, you know, seeing as how I have like 150 games left to play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
31. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 13:11 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 02:25:
The Half Elf wrote on May 13, 2014, 00:28:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 12, 2014, 23:41:
One of the best games I've ever played. I'd buy it again for a pc version.

One of the few games I purchased roughly 3 times (finally digital) for the 360, and would gladly pony up (HAH get it Lana... cause RDR has like... ponies. Ok I really need to quit watching Archer) for a PC version.

Barry?
Yes, Other Barry?
When on the Archer train, one does not get off.
Other Barry, PHRASING!!

Giggle

I miss Other Barry.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
15. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 13:10 Creston

Brumbek wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:06:
Bottom line: try a 120/144Hz monitor and it will blow you away and you won't ever want to go back to a lame 60Hz.

I did try one, and honestly, while it is very nice, I didn't feel it was worth the substantial difference in price.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2014, 13:08 Creston

Awww, RIP Mr. Giger.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 13:02 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:43:
No, choice can be bad. Choice sometimes negates other choices.

What? I... I don't even... what? Before, people had one choice: The Xbone with Kinect for 500 bucks. Now they have two choices. And this is bad in your world?

I will repeat it one more time... WHAT?

Edit: I see you're talking about the Titanfall bundle, which is nice, but if you don't want Titanfall and don't want the Kinect, why would you buy the 450 bundle if you can just get the 399 SKU?

My point, though, is that having them remove the Kinect is a less attractive option than having them just cut the price, which clearly they were capable of doing because they did so with the Titanfall bundle.

They didn't do that. The retailers did.

What would you rather have: a $399 Xbox One with no Kinect or a $399 Xbox One with a Kinect that you aren't forced to use?

Neither. But you're offering a false dichotomy anyway, as this is currently not a valid choice, and likely never will be. Why on earth would MS do that? It's currently 399 without Kinect, or 499 with Kinect and it serves no purpose other than yelling at your TV.

On the off chance that a game comes out with an interesting use of the Kinect, who wouldn't prefer having more stuff in the box for the same price?

People who don't give a shit about it? People who have seen 3+ years of Kinect and have yet to see a single "interesting" use for it? People who are, right or wrong, worried about the NSA spying on them with it?

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 12:57 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:14:
Last pre-order I did was Age of Wonders III. That's the first time in a long time I've done that and now it reminded me exactly why I don't do it.

Mine was X:Rebirth.. and you can likely guess my current stance on pre-orders

Yeah, I'm still fucking pissed over that. 7 months later, and the game is still a giant piece of shit. They're STILL fixing fucking crash bugs! There must have been at least 700 of them.

Hey, they've killed their company with it, so I hope they enjoyed all that preorder money.

News Comments > Minimum Early Access
5. Re: Minimum Early Access May 13, 2014, 12:54 Creston

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:47:
I definitely agree that this is probably best avoided in Early Access (though Early Access in general has become a mess lately) but Atari of right now is not the scummy company of the last decade or so.

Really? When did this happen?

11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 12:39 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:01:
I wouldn't call dropping Kinect a huge win for consumers. They get a better price, but they also get a less complete product.

That "complete" product was useless to the large majority of them. Anyway, if the consumer still wants the "complete" product, they can still buy an Xbone WITH Kinect.

Offering choice is NEVER bad.

However, I would like to see MS explain this to all their early adopters who they told that "We will never drop Kinect!" Because they are now stuck with a 100 dollar piece of shit that will fade away into utter obscurity.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation May 13, 2014, 12:33 Creston

Someone should call the Guiness world book of records. I think MS has set a new world record for "most plates of crow eaten."

News Comments > Minimum Early Access
1. Re: Minimum Early Access May 13, 2014, 12:31 Creston

It's from Atari, aka Infogrames! The guys with such a wonderful track record of fixing games! Please buy their early access game! Nothing can go wrong!

Seriously, if you buy this, you deserve every piece of misery it brings you. Fuck "Atari."

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 11:57 Creston

I'll still preorder games that I know I will really love, and then I typically get the 'limited' editions. For example, the next Elder Scrolls game, I'll buy whatever limited version they have, just because I know I'll be playing that 500+ hours.

But for regular games? Nah. Not anymore, unless you can somehow get a 25% off deal for preordering or something, but even with that the risk of it being a giant stinker (more and more possible in today's fucked up gaming market) is really just too great.

I used to see a point to preorders, as the guys at the local game store needed to know roughly how many copies to get. If they got 100 copies and 800 people showed up, that's bad for their business. But now with digital, preordering normal versions is just horseshit, and i wish people would stop doing it. Stop letting publishers just fucking use you as an infinite wallet.

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Adds "Extreme" Frame Rate Support
9. Re: Titanfall Patch Adds May 13, 2014, 11:53 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 13, 2014, 10:08:
And why didn't the game support them before?

The only thing I can think of is that the internal engine runs at a certain 'tick' rate, and any frame rate above that tick rate basically is wasted? Wasn't that how Carmack described the pointlessness of having higher and higher FPS on Quake etc, because the engine ran at 60 ticks per second?

But if that's the case, I doubt that they changed the tick rate of their engine...

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 13, 2014, 00:37 Creston

Abandon Ship! Abandon Ship!  

News Comments > Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update
3. Re: Capcom GameSpy Shutdown Update May 13, 2014, 00:37 Creston

Wow, Capcom actually doing something positive? What's next, EA actually giving a shit?  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
20. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 00:35 Creston

Wuh??

I was just about to replay RDR, so may hold off. I'll definitely get it again for PC, though I may wait for a sale.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2014, 12:04 Creston

Thanks Verno  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 12:02 Creston

My condolences, nin and Mr. Tact

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2014, 11:56 Creston

Tom 'I'm AT&T's Whore' Wheeler: "Right now, we don't have the authority to regulate the internet. The step we need to take to get that authority (classify internet as telcomm), I'm unwilling to take. BUT, I'm drafting rules in which we tell the guys who write me big fat checks: You have to be nice! If you don't, we'll use our regulatory power to force you to play nice!"

Dozens of illiterate politicians: Oh, okay. That's solved then!

Maybe we should just get all the civilians out of washington, then put a big fucking wall around it and cut all communications to it. It'd probably take the average politician at least ten years to realize he can no longer talk to the outside world.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 12, 2014, 11:32 Creston

Verno wrote on May 12, 2014, 10:42:
I think I'll get the PS4 version, it comes with the original + expansion and they did some awesome UI stuff for the console versions.

Is that coming out on the same day?

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 12, 2014, 11:04 Creston

‘Titanfall’ (-25%) returns to the No1 spot edging out ‘FIFA 14’ (-11%) by less than 400 sales.

Sigh Fewer than 400 sales.

Surprising to see Titanfall have such a strong tail, so to speak. I figured everyone who wanted it would snap it up the first few weeks, after which it would dwindle away.

22969 Comments. 1149 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo